Black/White Walkthrough Tourney - Round Robin Finals! N's Castle [Won by snorlax]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by the Tourney Mod team!

The Walkthrough tourney returns, this time, in Unova!

Rules

1. Due to the complicated nature of this Tournament, there will only be 96 participants. This will fill up quickly, so PLEASE only join if you are able and willing to meet very stringent deadlines. Substitutes will only be taken in the first round. Round one will be posted March 10th.

2. Each round will be placed at a different part of the game Pokemon Black/White Version. There will be restrictions in level, Pokemon availability, TM availability, and item availability. These will be dependent on where you are in the game. As the rounds go on, more things will obviously open up.

This is the example format for rounds.

First Rival Battle!

Level Restriction: 5

Pokemon Available

Snivy
Tepig
Oshawatt

Technical Machines Available:

None

Items Available:

None
3. You are not required to send teams to me for approval, but if you have questions on whether your team is legal, feel free to ask me.

4. Only ONE Starter Pokemon may be used on any team, as well, this Starter Pokemon will be the only one you may use for the entirety of the tournament.

Starter Pokemon Include:

Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawatt
Dewott
Samurott

5. Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, and Self KO clause are in effect

6. Regardless of whether or not you have access to them in game, this tournament will not allow any Pokmeon in the Uber tier. Event Pokemon will be allowed at my discretion (i.e. Most likely not allowing Victini, but I will probably allow Zorua.)

7. There is no rule against scouting, however if you are in the tournament and you spectate a match that a participant asks you to leave in you may be disqualified.

FAQ:

Q: On the example you put on there, the level restriction was 5. In the battle, would our Pokemon have to be level 5, or would it be level 100, just with level 5 moves?
A: They would be level 5 Pokemon with level 5 moves.

Q: Do we have EVs?
A: For sake of simplicity, 510 evs are allowed on all Pokemon.

Q: If I can learn a move earlier than normal by keeping a pre-evolution from evolving and that allows me to learn it before level 47, is that legal?
A: Yes, that is a valid way to learn a move.

Q: Can we use egg moves?
A: Yes, egg moves are allowed, provided there is a parent within the list above that learns the move before level 59.

Q: Are Heart Scale moves still illegal?
A: Nope!

Round Robin Finals: Deadline is July 1st

Cristal vs Bluewind
Bluewind vs snorlax
snorlax vs cristal

Gate to Victory Road: Level 59

Pokemon Allowed (I'm only listing the higest evolved form of each family this time)
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Watchog
Stoutland
Liepard
Simisage
Simisear
Simipour
Musharna
Unfezant
Zebstrika
Gigalith
Swoobat
Excadrill
Audino
Conkeldurr
Seismitoad
Throh
Sawk
Levanny
Scolipede
Whisicott
Lilligant
Basculin
Krokodile
Maractus
Darmanitan
Crustle
Scrafty
Sigilyph
Cofagrigus
Carracosta
Arcehops
Garbador
Zoroark
Cinccino
Gothitelle
Reuniclus
Swanna
Vanilluxe
Sawsbuck
Emolga
Escavalier
Ammongus
Jellicent
Alomola
Galvantula
Ferrothorn
Klinklang
Elektross
Beheeyem
Chandelure
Haxorus
Beartic
Cryoginal
Accelgor
Stunkfish
Mienshao
Druddigon
Golurk
Bisharp
Bouffalant
Braviary
Mandibuzz
Heatmor
Durant

Hydreigon
Volcrona
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus/Thundurus (Only one of per team)

Items acquired:
1 x Lum Berry
1 x Big Root
2 x Rawst Berry
Mystic Water
Quick Claw
Evolite
Scope Lens
Yache Berry
Black Glasses
Soft Sand
Charcoal
Shell Bell
Rocky Helmet
NeverMeltIce
BrightPowder
Magnet
Sharp Beak
Lum Berry
Spell Tag

Unlimited:
Expert Belt
Any Type Gem
Chesto Berry
Black Sludge
Spell Tag
Hard Stone
Rawst Berry
Oran Berry
Pecha Berry
Occa Berry
Passho Berry
Rindo Berry
Cheri Berry
Sitrus Berry
Hard Stone
Persim Berry
Black Belt
Mental Herb
Poison Barb
Shed Skin
Weather Rocks
Destiny Knot
Float Stone
Ring Target
Cell Battery

TMs acquired:
TM02: Dragon Claw
TM05: Roar
TM06: Toxic
TM07: Hail
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM12: Taunt
TM14: Blizzard
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM16: Light Screen
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM19: Telekinesis
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM24: Thunderbolt
TM25: Thunder
TM27: Return
TM28: Dig
TM31: Brick Break
TM33: Reflect
TM36: Sludge Bomb
TM37: Sandstorm
TM38: Fire Blast
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM43: Flame Charge
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM46: Thief
TM49: Echoed Voice
TM55: Scald
TM56: Fling
TM57: Charge Beam
TM58: Sky Drop
TM61: Will-O-Wisp
TM62: Acrobatics
TM63: Embargo
TM65: Shadow Claw
TM66: Payback
TM67: Retaliate
TM68: Giga Impact
TM70: Flash
TM72: Volt Switch
TM73: Thunder Wave
TM74: Gyro Ball
TM76: Struggle Bug
TM78: Bulldoze
TM79: Frost Breath
TM80: Rock Slide
TM81: X-Scissor
TM82: Dragon Tail
TM83: Work Up
TM86: Grass Knot
TM93: Wild Charge
TM94: Rock Smash
HM01: Cut
HM02: Fly
HM03: Surf
HM04: Strength
HM05: Waterfall

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
yaya0 you made an error in your prediction.
Unfortunately, you bolded Bluewind instead of Cristal

Have a nice day.

beat cristal 3-0 in an interesting battle. between an attack miss, a full paralysis, and a CH, i pretty much had him 6-3 from the very beginning, and then he accidently left one pokemon at lvl 50. still, a fun battle and a gg. now im off to bug bluewind again.

lost against snorlax, gg
well I don't know if he had the right to put the wifi clause on, but whatever I guess

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
oO
He broke the rules.
I guess you're in right to ask for a rematch or a breaking-rules victory.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
To both people, I thought I had something tonight but it turns out my appoinment has been canceled, so I'll just prepare something and battle snorlax (and Cristal if the need arises) tomorrow or Wednesday.

prevailed over bluewind 1-0 in a great battle.

I want to thank everyone who believed I could do it, which was none of you, you bunch of jerks.

If anyone wants to see the team that led me to victory, just let me know and I'll post it.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
congrats to snorlax, and great tournament held RBG.

Got a request to show my team, so here it is

Thundurus (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Brick Break
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave

There's a good reason why every finalist used this guy, and thats becaues he's a BEAST. Swapped out escalvier for him from the previous round and I'm glad for it, as paralysis and his variety of attacks really helped in my wins

Sawsbuck (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 60 HP / 196 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aromatherapy
- Frustration
- Megahorn
- Horn Leech

The only reason I used this guy was because I wanted a pokemon with sap sipper to completely shut down whimsicott and any other grass sweeper. Did very well at this role, as well as restoring status for the rest of the team. Would have used jump kick, but the fact it crashes like HJK makes it unfavorable.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Payback

This guy is a monster in standard OU, so of course I would use him here. Not much really to say, he's a healing tank thats hard to stop after 1 bulk up.

Carracosta (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Rock Slide
- Waterfall
- Crunch

At the last minute, i swapped from reiuniclus to this guy before the finals, and Im glad for it. Great coverage, powerful STAB, and crunch to stop jellicent. His job is to sweep should my next 2 sweepers fail. And he's quite good at it when he needs to be. Lum berry was mainly to stop prankster pokemon from ruining his sweep.

Excadrill (M) @ Earth Gem
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Sandstorm
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

I'm amazed I never encountered any opponent using this set, as its pretty simple and quite effective. He needs 0 sp evs to outrun everything in sandstorm, and earth gem guarantees that he'll kill at least 1 pokemon. Very strong, one of my favorites to set up.

Crustle (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Because 2 sturdy shell smashers are better than 1 :) Crustle was the opening volley to lay into my opponents, with excadril and carracosta as cleanup. He has great stab, and assuming i can keep entry hazards off the field, he's guaranteed to get a shell smash off and wreck havoc. EVed him specifically to outspeed zebstrika after a shell smash. My favorite on the team, really pulled me through a few tough battles. (he gets EQ from breeding with golett/golurk, and even if thats illegal for some odd reason, i never used it so it had no effect on the outcome)

Weren't we allowed to use only 1 Lum Berry?
That is true, got confused because its listed twice in the one use list. only time lum berry actually helped was when you burned carracosta in the finals, but if its that big of a deal then get a tournament director to sort it out. I'm happy regardless just from winning.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, I could say the same about Jellicent's Lum Berry that didn't kick in at all and give a second one to Haxorus, which would have allowed me to win; but disregard, I don't mind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)