Blaze of Glory UU RMT

Blaze of Glory 2.0
UU Stars
Testing/Considering-Changes in Bold (Tell Me if Any Changes I made should be change back
-Crunch on Steelix -D2M
-Pursuit on Honchrow while maxing attack and speed with Adamant nature-D2M
-Changed Mismagius to a Scarfed Rotom with HP Ice for coverage Franky was right- Franky
- vaccum wave on blaziken specailizing him as a wall breaker-D2M
-Test Sp Def Milotic Looking for EV spread
-Changed Espeon Into Roserade (tell me if you have better suggestions)- HeySup
-Blaziken went from mix wall breaker to Sword Dance to Break Stalls-Erazor

Biggest Problem- But not as bad with Blaziken
Stall Teams
Sand Storm Teams
Stall Hail Teams
Stall Sandstorm Teams

INTRO: The team is offensive- why you might ask I have trouble am and bored using stall teams, I always have balanced teams, and in an aggresive meta you gotta play aggressive or uber slow as in a stall team. As I hate stall Offensive was the way to go. This team has changed alot thanks from the coloboration of several of smogon's top UU players and me. Each time getting better. Well let's stop wasting time and get a move on.

At A Glance

Lead/Physical Sweeper/ Revenge
(Mafia) Honchrow (M) @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe- Pretty Basic Hit Hard And Fast
Ability: Insomnia
Moveset:
Night Slash- Stab and High Crit
Drill Peck- Stab
Superpower- Coverage Chansey
Pursuit- Covers Fleeing Pokemon

I wanted to start off hitting hard for that job I chose Choice Scarf Honchrow. Currently coming back to UU after the time on the suspect list this thing is ready to do work. I chose choice scarf to give him the speed boost he needs to counter many leads. THe move set is pretty basic for a honchrow with great coverage. Night Slash the primary move here is incredibly powerful hopefully scoring some crits :). On the ability I have chosen Insomia. Insomnia prevents sleep from the likes of roserade and Yanmaga. The sleep immunity was more nessacary as Honchrow's poor defenses make it hard to switch in but with another immunity it will make it easier. Furthermore the immunities from ground and psychic allow honchrow can come in a littler easier and cover the weaknesses of the rest of the team. Heat wave was changed to Pursuit to kill off pokes that think they can run. Gotta Choose Nature

Sp Sweeper/ Revenge/ Trickster
(Voltageist) Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe- Hit Fast and Hit fast without scarf
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
Shadow Ball- Stab
Hidden Power Ice- Creates good coverage along with Thunderbolt and has better ivs them HP fighting
Thunderbolt- Coverage and Stab
Trick- For fun and cripple common switch-ins.

Well after testing and calculating damage Rotom won with help from stab thunderbolt. Not as fast but still fast needless to say rotom hits bulky waters harder thanks. With good coverage this rotom hits hard and hopefully with a super effective attack while having trick to cripple annoying stuff. He keeps the same weaknesses and immpunities as Mismagius so fits in just as well. Furthermore killing all ghosts except scarfed Mismagius is a great ability allow Blaziken to do his job better.

Spe Sweeper/ Sleeper
(MardiGrass) Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Evs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe-Basic was typo
Ability: Natural Cure
Moveset:
Sleep Powder-Adds Sleep And Status to the Team
Leaf Storm- Stab
Sludge Bomb- Stab
Synthesis-Recovery

What? She's back. Yes it is true HeySup's LORade is back on the team. As she compliments the new Blaziken so well. Part of the Offensive core of the Team. Roserade is an amazing powerful pokemon to behold. I originally tried timid but the it just didn't have the power I wanted so modest was chosen. Also the speed doesn't bother me as I have to Scarfers to handle fast stuff. Overall Very powerful working in sync with blaziken ftw. ALso absorbs toxic spikes as hazards are a problem for this team.

Late Game Sweeper/ Stall Breaker
(Holocaust) Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Blaze
Moveset:
Swords Dance- Stat Up
Superpower- Stab
Quick Attack- Priority
Blaze Kick- Stab

Where the name of the team comes from is from his ability and him often steals the show. After seeing this thing I fell in love. IMO the most powerful UU pokemon for versatility. With Decent coverage, Great base attacks (Except Speed), and now priority Blaziken is amazing. Sword Dance provides him with amazing attack to help beat down stalls and anything else. Now with roserade blaziken gets to have like a match made by god completing the offensive Dou. Choose blaze kick over fire punch for novelty, power, and crit.

Defense #1
(Charis) Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA
Ability: Marvel Scale
Moveset:
Hidden Power Grass / Toxic - Coverage and other bulky waters and toxic stall. Usually use HP Grass
Recover- Self Help book
Surf- Stab
Ice Beam- Coverage

Milotic is an amazing pokemon just outshined in the OU, thus UU is the place where she is queen. Changed evs to maximize hit taking abilities. Toxic is great to where down stuff. Giving great coverage to the team she works well with blaziken for coverage. While also wearing down the opponent for an easier sweep. Moveset is pretty simple with good coverage and recover. To counter the opponents. Takes predicting but is a great asset to the team.

Defense #2
(Flint) Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset:
Earthquake- Stab
Crunch- Beats rotom and ghost thinking they can walk in on me
Stealth Rock- Hazards and breaks sashes
Roar- Scout out the team and get rid of subs

A great wall of the UU that has stood the test of time. I am not sure which evs to hit harder or take a hit better. The higher attack puts more damage on Ambipoms that is the number one killer of the game plan. Rocks is a must to break sashes so that the sweep is easier while doing damage to many UU power houses like honchrow. Steelix does a great job getting the rocks up while also complimenting honchrows leading abilities taking care of the leads Honchrow can’t. While also overall supporting the team with its monstrous defense. Steelix overall wears down the opponent along the way helping the sweep. And which evs to use for sure.

Team Building 2.0 Done Fast
Blaziken is the star of the show. Steelix gets rocks to hurt flying while protecting for flying attacks and Ambipom that gets in his way. Steelix also takes care of ghosts give blaziken a problem. Milotic walls water types specifically azumaril as he beasts Blaziken up. Honchrow brings out heavy walls early allowing me to see what they have. Rotom can also bring out members of the opponents team in an attempt to counter. All with rocks to wear down opponents. Rotom can cripple stuff with trick giving an opening for blaziken to set up. Roserade also gives that opening with sleep while being a great sp atker by her self. Rotom pairs well with steelix as not only the ghost busters but they take the hits the other doesn't wanna take. Milotic and Roserade form there own dou taking hits the other doesn't wanna take. Milotic takes will o wisps aimed at krow where roserade can take any status. Well thats a quick summary of the team building

Well that is the Team. Thanks for any rates and I in no way own these pictures as they come from Arkeis.com

Threat List 2.0:

This Threat list shamelessly ripped off from D2M who ripped it from Sui89 because I like him was too lazy to make my own when this one is already so well done.

Black means the Pokemon is not a threat.
Orange means the Pokemon is a mild threat.
Red means the Pokemon is a thorn in this team’s side.

Absol – Quick Attack sorta. SuperPower and tbolts. Roar SDs Steelix and Milo can take his hits except boosted and superpowers for lix. Other then that they are fine.

Altaria – Milotic ice beam, steelix roar dd

Ambipom – Steelix walls

Arcanine – Milotic OtKs but leads are annoying

Azumaril – Milotic walls and hits with hp grass and roserade
Blastoise – roserade

Blaziken – milotic

Chansey – Honchkrow and Blaze own the her

Charizard – Rocks and Milotic

Claydol – Milotic Roserade

Clefable – Krow and Blaze

Donphan – Milotic and Roserade
Dugtrio - not much of a problem if not scarfed owned by rotom. Steelix can survive eq and eq back for big hit

Drapion – Steelix Roar Sds and eq

Electrode - Krow does damage steelix takes explosion

Espeon – Pursuited

Feraligatr – Milotic and Steelix Wall. Moreso Tic

Gardevoir – Pursuit

Hariyama– Drill Peck

Hitmonlee – Raw Power Drill peck

Hitmontop – drill peck and rotom
Honchkrow – Rotom

Houndoom – Losing Vaccum Wave made this guy more of a threat but milotic still handles

Kabutops – see above

Kangeskhan – Steelix walls CB still nothing else likes taking the hits
Lanturn –Roserade
Ludicolo – Physical Sword Dance ones in rain dance are a problem other then that handled by Roserade

Magmortar – Milotic
Mesprit – Pursuit
Milotic – Sd on the switch super power for the kill with blazekin roserade more reliable and also my milotic
Miltank - Superpower and milotic

Mismagius – Will-O-Wisps absorbed steelix kills rotom guarentees none scarfed kills

Moltres – Milotic but stall ones are an issue

Muk – milotic
Nidoking – Milotic,
Nidoqueen – Rade absorbs spikes milotic kills
Ninetales - Milotic

Omastar - Milotic Hp grass
Poliwrath – Drill Peck

Porygon2 – Superpower

Primeape – Milotic

Regirock – Milotic is a pretty solid counter to Regirock, only fears Explosion.

Registeel – Krow and Blaziken

Roserade - Roserade rotom
Rotom – Rotom kills other rotoms
Sceptile – Roserade can take grass attacks but if she is gone no one else likes them

Scyther – Stealth rocks drill peck
Slowbro – roserade milotic
Spiritomb – Milotic and Roserade Blaziken has set up on calm mind sleep talkers

Steelix – Milotic can OHKO.

Swellow – Steelix

Torterra – Milotic and Blaziken

Toxicroak – drill peck

Typhlosion – Milotic the rest of the team doesn't like eruptions
Uxie – Pursuit
Venusaur – 2HKO'd by Milo's Ice Beam. Honch comes in on Sleep Powder and OHKOs.

Weezing – Milotic has no trouble
Yanmega – "There is no team that is not Yanmega weak." D2M and that is so true. Yanmega is a guarenteed kill on my team. But is easily revenge killed and stealth rocks help quite a bit.​

There are no viable UU Steels (except NFE Metang) that aren't hit SE by Superpower on Honchkrow. Heat Wave is never a good decision as it splits EVs. I'd replace it with Pursuit, as that covers frailer leads that would run from Honchkrow. Run Insomnia as well, Honchkrow is weak to SR and fairly frail, so he needs the free switch ins.

Use HP Grass over Toxic/Haze on your Milotic. Steelix can Roar away most setup sweepers easily, and Surf/Ice Beam/HP Grass is fairly good coverage, especially on things like Quagsire and Lanturn or other Milotic that switch in to Recover.

I'm not a huge fan of Agility Blaziken. Wasting a turn using Agility while they switch to a Milotic/Slowbro means you have no chance to sweep. Unless he gets passed a sub (which is unlikely given how easy espeon's subs are to break), he won't get the chance to set up. You're better off running Vacuum Wave to revenge stuff like Kabutops and Houndoom and to pick off the lead Yanmega at 1% because of Honchkrow's Drill peck.

Speaking of Yanmega, you have no safe switch in to it. I'd suggest running a more Specially defensive spread (move 252 from def to Spd and run ) on Milotic while allowing Steelix to be your primary Physical tank. Milotic can tank specsmega all day with that spread.

Your last problem is Sub/charge Rotom. This can be fixed by giving Steelix Crunch over Explosion and at least some SpD EVs. He resists or is immune to everything Rotom uses and can break subs with Crunch.

Honchkrow should be running Insomnia with Sucker Punch instead of Night Slash. Honchkrow wants the power if his job is to start and hit hard right off the bat.

On your Mismagius, crop out Hidden Power Ground with Hidden Power Fighting for full neutral coverage.

Milotic is better off running Hidden Power Grass to take care of bulky Water-types, as Toxic doesn't run it's course as well. Try Hypnosis instead.

As stated above, you have a pretty glaring Rotom weakness. Scrap Explosion on Steelix for Crunch in order to deal with it, otherwise Substitue sets will ruin your day.

-Terywj

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey got your PM, really good / unique team it seems really different and its probably the main recipe to be successful in the UU tier lately as standard things are getting predictable. I don't really spot many threats but I could see Rock Polish Torterra doing quite a number on the team because it can force switch-outs and can easily throw in one Rock Polish. Of course its not that it can 6-0 your team, its that it can dent a number of Pokemon in your team leaving your team completely injured. The way I see it, I think your better off with a Scarf Rotom over Mismagius to check Torterra while still maintaining a good offensive force:

Rotom
@ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (Spe+ / Atk-)
252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Trick

This is a great replacement for Mismagius as it helps check Torterra and have an "initial" switch-in to Torterra before it dents your team. Come in on Earthquake (which isn't too hard to predict) and proceed to catch it off guard with Hidden Power Ice. Timid + Scarf will outpace it so don't worry. Shadow Ball provides coverage while Thunderbolt is a great move because it recieves STAB to threaten Milotic away - who is a decent defensive threat to your team. Trick acts as a great weapon vs. Stall Teams so your not dead weight against them. Also acts as a safety check faster pokes like Feraligatr, Altaria if Milotic or Steelix is down.

Now that we have that patched up, Honckrow doesn't need Scarf as you outpace most leads and scare them away. I would go for a 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD spread and moveset: Drill Peck / Night Slash / Pursuit / Superpower. Night Slash + Pursuit is good to destroy fleeing Uxie while it can't touch you with Psychic. Ambipom lead is handled by Steelix - the main point is too overwhelm bulky leads. Heat Wave is not needed because Steelix (SpD versions) and Registeel are 2HKOd while not having to recover. Heat Wave fails to 2HKO Registeel, so ommit Heat Wave. Also Roserade leads are scared to attack because of Sucker Punch, Night Slash followed up by Pursuit grabs you a free kill. Give this a try.

As for other options, 252 / 252 / 6 on Milotic should be good enough, the SpA evs are not actually needed. I assume to beat Altaria with Ice Beam, but Rotom checks it anyways, so does steelix. More bulk the better, as it helps check MixBlaziken better even with your health is sort of reduced. I would just go Hidden Power Grass / Ice Beam / Surf / Recover. Toxic is DECENT, but I found that Hidden Power Grass already smashes Slowbro for the 2-3HKO from my experience, which is essentially the Pokemon you aim to hit with Toxic. Hidden Power Grass also covers Azumarill and Feraligatr thats if you go for 252 / 252 spread. Recover is self-explanitory. While Ice Beam further covers Roserade switch-ins as well as Altaria. I'd give Stone Edge on Steelix a try so you can grab the KO on Yanmega with stone edge, if it thinks it can get a free Specs Buzz. It also hits Rotom neutrally or you can use Roar anyways, so no big deal. overall gl with this.

There are no viable UU Steels (except NFE Metang) that aren't hit SE by Superpower on Honchkrow. Heat Wave is never a good decision as it splits EVs. I'd replace it with Pursuit, as that covers frailer leads that would run from Honchkrow. Run Insomnia as well, Honchkrow is weak to SR and fairly frail, so he needs the free switch ins.

Use HP Grass over Toxic/Haze on your Milotic. Steelix can Roar away most setup sweepers easily, and Surf/Ice Beam/HP Grass is fairly good coverage, especially on things like Quagsire and Lanturn or other Milotic that switch in to Recover.

I'm not a huge fan of Agility Blaziken. Wasting a turn using Agility while they switch to a Milotic/Slowbro means you have no chance to sweep. Unless he gets passed a sub (which is unlikely given how easy espeon's subs are to break), he won't get the chance to set up. You're better off running Vacuum Wave to revenge stuff like Kabutops and Houndoom and to pick off the lead Yanmega at 1% because of Honchkrow's Drill peck.

Speaking of Yanmega, you have no safe switch in to it. I'd suggest running a more Specially defensive spread (move 252 from def to Spd and run ) on Milotic while allowing Steelix to be your primary Physical tank. Milotic can tank specsmega all day with that spread.

Your last problem is Sub/charge Rotom. This can be fixed by giving Steelix Crunch over Explosion and at least some SpD EVs. He resists or is immune to everything Rotom uses and can break subs with Crunch.
Your suggestion for honchrow helps alot as heatwave truely isn't that useful in the UU. I went with a simple max speed and max attack changing the nature to jolly. And changing heatwave to pursuit.

As for milotic I am still deciding between Hp Elec Hp Grass And Toxic. All have had their uses and toxic has helped me many battles.

Agility blaziken can really hurt slobro and friends when they come in with HP Grass which is helped if it is passed calm minds from espeon. Although vaccum wave has its uses I think I am going to stay with agility currently as it allows me to hit harder with fire blast.

As for a yanmega problem I am pretty sure Steelix with max HP and Spec Def can take most hits as he resists them and hit back with Stone Edge. Also as long as it is choice spec it can be severly hurt by mismagius who is fast because with tinted lense she is faster.

Finally that brings us to sub rotom who is also solved pretty much by steelix as he resists both stabs. Although crunch is super effective I think Stone Edge will help more with the yanmega issue. Steelix can take hits and roar away subs. However Crunch is still under consideration.

Honchkrow should be running Insomnia with Sucker Punch instead of Night Slash. Honchkrow wants the power if his job is to start and hit hard right off the bat.

On your Mismagius, crop out Hidden Power Ground with Hidden Power Fighting for full neutral coverage.

Milotic is better off running Hidden Power Grass to take care of bulky Water-types, as Toxic doesn't run it's course as well. Try Hypnosis instead.

As stated above, you have a pretty glaring Rotom weakness. Scrap Explosion on Steelix for Crunch in order to deal with it, otherwise Substitue sets will ruin your day.

-Terywj
I am definately running insomnia I don't know why I was even considering superluck. However I am not running sucker punch as I have the scarf for speed and with scarf it is also more likely to hit as it can't be predicted around.

As for Mismagius as I mentioned I don't want to use HP Fighting as it will drop my speed. And I want to be faster then other mismagius or at least tie with them. That is the reason Hp fighting wasn't used.

As everyone has recommended I will change the moveset of Milotic.

As for the glaring rotom weakness steelix doesn't have trouble with sub ones as he can roar them away and they can't set up with charge beam. Although crunch will help I have chosen Stone Edge as it helps with Yanmega.

Rotom
@ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (Spe+ / Atk-)
252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Trick

This is a great replacement for Mismagius as it helps check Torterra and have an "initial" switch-in to Torterra before it dents your team. Come in on Earthquake (which isn't too hard to predict) and proceed to catch it off guard with Hidden Power Ice. Timid + Scarf will outpace it so don't worry. Shadow Ball provides coverage while Thunderbolt is a great move because it recieves STAB to threaten Milotic away - who is a decent defensive threat to your team. Trick acts as a great weapon vs. Stall Teams so your not dead weight against them. Also acts as a safety check faster pokes like Feraligatr, Altaria if Milotic or Steelix is down.

Now that we have that patched up, Honckrow doesn't need Scarf as you outpace most leads and scare them away. I would go for a 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD spread and moveset: Drill Peck / Night Slash / Pursuit / Superpower. Night Slash + Pursuit is good to destroy fleeing Uxie while it can't touch you with Psychic. Ambipom lead is handled by Steelix - the main point is too overwhelm bulky leads. Heat Wave is not needed because Steelix (SpD versions) and Registeel are 2HKOd while not having to recover. Heat Wave fails to 2HKO Registeel, so ommit Heat Wave. Also Roserade leads are scared to attack because of Sucker Punch, Night Slash followed up by Pursuit grabs you a free kill. Give this a try.

As for other options, 252 / 252 / 6 on Milotic should be good enough, the SpA evs are not actually needed. I assume to beat Altaria with Ice Beam, but Rotom checks it anyways, so does steelix. More bulk the better, as it helps check MixBlaziken better even with your health is sort of reduced. I would just go Hidden Power Grass / Ice Beam / Surf / Recover. Toxic is DECENT, but I found that Hidden Power Grass already smashes Slowbro for the 2-3HKO from my experience, which is essentially the Pokemon you aim to hit with Toxic. Hidden Power Grass also covers Azumarill and Feraligatr thats if you go for 252 / 252 spread. Recover is self-explanitory. While Ice Beam further covers Roserade switch-ins as well as Altaria. I'd give Stone Edge on Steelix a try so you can grab the KO on Yanmega with stone edge, if it thinks it can get a free Specs Buzz. It also hits Rotom neutrally or you can use Roar anyways, so no big deal. overall gl with this.
Franky thank you for checking out my team and I am also honored that you consider my team well done and unique. As for you suggestions. The choice between mismagius and rotom is still a toss up. But I currently believe you are right and rotom is a better choice but not sure. What if I switched Mismagius to choice scarf and ran the same move set as rotom as Mismagius can hit harder and takes specail but not physical hits better?

I am keeping the scarf on Honchrow as I don't want to rely on sucker punch to go first as many people predict that.

I have changed milotic's evs to maximize defenses and am currently using HP Grass over Hp Elec and Toxic

Thank You everyone for your suggestions.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Its perfectly fine but I think you'll miss out on threatening bulky waters like Slowbro and Milotic, both very decent defensive threats for your team as none can actually put a good scratch on them except Explosion on Steelix. Its the STAB Thunderbolt is what sets them apart. Other than that you can try both if you wish and tell me which one was more effective.

As for Honckrow, its your choice Scarf or not but I feel it doesn't need Scarf to hit other threats. Its my personal preference but you can always test it out to see how it fares.

Your suggestion for honchrow helps alot as heatwave truely isn't that useful in the UU. I went with a simple max speed and max attack changing the nature to jolly. And changing heatwave to pursuit.

As for milotic I am still deciding between Hp Elec Hp Grass And Toxic. All have had their uses and toxic has helped me many battles.

Agility blaziken can really hurt slobro and friends when they come in with HP Grass which is helped if it is passed calm minds from espeon. Although vaccum wave has its uses I think I am going to stay with agility currently as it allows me to hit harder with fire blast.

As for a yanmega problem I am pretty sure Steelix with max HP and Spec Def can take most hits as he resists them and hit back with Stone Edge. Also as long as it is choice spec it can be severly hurt by mismagius who is fast because with tinted lense she is faster.

Finally that brings us to sub rotom who is also solved pretty much by steelix as he resists both stabs. Although crunch is super effective I think Stone Edge will help more with the yanmega issue. Steelix can take hits and roar away subs. However Crunch is still under consideration.
Choice Specs Tinted Lens Bug Buzz vs Max HP/SpD Steelix: (57.91% - 68.64%) Clear 2HKO, he can't switch in. The only possible switch in you could have on this team without adding a Registeel or Chansey (which would weaken the team overall) is to use a more specially defensive spread on Milotic.

If Blaziken doesn't have a sub to go with the CMs, it will still fail to OHKO Slowbro or Milotic with HP Grass and get OHKO'd by surf, all that is extremely situational.

4 Atk Stone Edge vs 252HP Rotom: (25.99% - 30.59%)

It will break the sub, but with Leftovers and the accuracy issue, it could PP Stall it, not only that, but if it's been used before then that becomes even more of a problem. Crunch is higher PP, 100% accuracy, and does: (41.45% - 49.34%). Stone Edge is unreliable and not advisable on Steelix and he is a bad Yanmega counter. The only things you'd really hit harder are Swellow and DD Altaria, which Steelix is your best counter to, but the former is completely walled racks up SR damage and the latter can be easily killed by Rotom with HP Ice.

If you're running Scarfed Honchkrow still, run Adamant. There's no scarfers worth outspeeding with Jolly. (And he can't have 285 EVs in Speed...and Milotic has Marvel Scale not Scarf :) )

Franky,

You were right the stab thunderbolt gives it just enough power to beat the bulkier water pokemon. So rotom has replaced Mismagius

Choice Specs Tinted Lens Bug Buzz vs Max HP/SpD Steelix: (57.91% - 68.64%) Clear 2HKO, he can't switch in. The only possible switch in you could have on this team without adding a Registeel or Chansey (which would weaken the team overall) is to use a more specially defensive spread on Milotic.

If Blaziken doesn't have a sub to go with the CMs, it will still fail to OHKO Slowbro or Milotic with HP Grass and get OHKO'd by surf, all that is extremely situational.

4 Atk Stone Edge vs 252HP Rotom: (25.99% - 30.59%)

It will break the sub, but with Leftovers and the accuracy issue, it could PP Stall it, not only that, but if it's been used before then that becomes even more of a problem. Crunch is higher PP, 100% accuracy, and does: (41.45% - 49.34%). Stone Edge is unreliable and not advisable on Steelix and he is a bad Yanmega counter. The only things you'd really hit harder are Swellow and DD Altaria, which Steelix is your best counter to, but the former is completely walled racks up SR damage and the latter can be easily killed by Rotom with HP Ice.

If you're running Scarfed Honchkrow still, run Adamant. There's no scarfers worth outspeeding with Jolly. (And he can't have 285 EVs in Speed...and Milotic has Marvel Scale not Scarf :) )
Well before I go any farther your right about Specs yanmega being an issue. I have never faced one but it truly does cause a problem for my team. However Yanmega would be hard to switch-on blaziken as long as he agilities on the switch, Rotom, or honchrow as they will all be faster. Plus it is pretty likely I will have stealth rocks up.

As for rotom, I still use crunch from time to time an to be honest haven't see much of a difference but in most situations I roar a way rotom. Because the only thing he can really do to me is burn me as both his stab moves Steelix resists. But I do see the importance of crunch in that situation and that is why it will be on the table so to speak with stone edge.

As for blaziken plus 1 calm mind otk's slobro 252 HP / 252 Def with stealth rocks. Milotic can be a problem however as even plus 2 specail attack 82-96% to a standard defensive milotic 252 HP / 252 Def. And that is why I always make sure Milotic at least has one hit on her before I go for the pass. It is even better if I can get her toxiced. But since I usual don't carry toxic that doesn't happen much. A standard 252 HP / 252 Def Milotic fails to OTK blaziken with stealth rocks after one calm mind. Overall milotic is a problem for Blaziken however I recently added rotom to my team to help take out this bulky serpent.

As for Honchrow as wasn't sure what I was trying to outrun wouldn't a positive nature allow me to outrun base nutural base 80's that are scarfed. So I just went with max speed. I will change that and the typo's you mentioned.

The final issue is of milotic and once agian you are right. A sp def variant would all and all wall it all day. However by changing milotic to sp defensive i feel it would open my team up to other stuff that I rely on her to keep in check. Choice Specs tinted lens Yanmega might just be my achilles heel.

I will change Honchrow to adamant
I will fix the typo's
I will keep crunch on steelix
I will test Sp Def Milotic

Thank You Again Franky rotom supports the team better mainly keeping milotic in check. And D2M you have made several valid points and will test and change appropriately

I'm not much of a rater, but I will see what I can do.

I'll start with honchkrow. I don't like scarfhonchy at all. Honchkrow is an excellent wall breaker and should be used as such. Besides you already have a very good revenge killer in rotom. From experience, I know that having two choiced pokemon on one team can be dangerous.

I've been using a slight variation of the typical honchkrow. The attacks may seem redundant and you may want to change them to your liking, but I've had great success with it so far.

Honchkrow (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 234 Atk/252 Spd/24 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash

I'm personally wondering if I should change night slash for pursuit or something else, but hitting a switch-in can be just as valuable as a switch-out imo. Dark pulse is guaranteed a 2HKO on standard donphan and slowbro. (Slowbro really doesn't matter, but it is a plus). This set can hit the weaker of two defenses on any pokemon. Even though he has 3 dark attacks, his type coverage is still very effective. I've swept with it many times. This also gives you a little defense against rain dance teams.

Espeon seems out of place to me, but whatever floats your boat...as I can't think of a suggestion.

I second the suggestion of a specially defensive milotic. Specsmega can rape you, especially since you lack effective priority to wear it down. Although, adding sucker punch to honchy helps this a little bit. As honchy does 64%-70% to the standard specsmega. Obviously, a clean KO after SR. It's just back up just in case rotom is out.

252 Sdef evs for steelix as he 2HKOs min/min rotom with crunch and 4 Atk evs. It will help you take special hits better. This shouldn't really be an issue unless rotom is a subcharge variant with hp fighting. If he is not, be wary of WoW and trick.

I'm glad to see another person interested in UU. Good luck and I hope I helped!

I didn't think I could write that much lol.

Okay, this team looks pretty decent but its a little shaky in some aspects.

You seem to have a bit of a problem with Roserade who can come in easily on Milotic, Rotom, or even Blaziken's anything but Fire Blast. A STAB Leaf Storm will basically OHKO your whole team (it comes close to even OHKOing Blaziken), and you should definitely look into something that can resist Grass, as you have a few decent Sludge Bomb resists and immunities.

I recommend a Timid Life Orb Roserade of your own over Espeon for this. Espeon doesn't help your teams synergy at all, since Blaziken isn't agility anymore. LORade tears shit up in this tier, in fact barely anything but Chansey and Registeel can switch in. Which is why Roserade and Blaziken seem to be born to be used together in this instance. Blaziken dominates those two, and Roserade dominates the rest of the tier.

Now another problem I see with your team is the lack of ability to late game sweep, due to Rotom being rather weak as a sweeper. This is easily fixable as well, as I find Rotom redundant as a Scarfer with Honchkrow already there. I recommend you use SubCharge Beam Rotom in this slot, as I have used on my team. It's hard to explain, but late game SubCB rotom seems to just dismantle teams with its decently hard hitting attacks, unique and excellent typing, and great speed.

As for your 'options':

For Honchkrow, I'd go Adamant forsure. For Steelix, I'd use the max Attack variant, always. It helps a ton to keep the pressure on your opponent.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: For LO Rade I'd probably run Max SpA / Max Spe since you are trying to beat out opposing Roserade with this set. The moveset is pretty simple too, Leaf Storm / Sludge Bomb / Synthesis or Rest / Sleep Powder.

HeySup you never fail to impress. Firstly the switch from espeon to roserade seems like a great idea helping me agianst several threats I have alot of trouble with. And you are correct i don't think i have ever passed to blaziken but rather milotic. Who with the calm minds boosts becomes quite a sturdy wall. Although that is beneficail in higher levels of competion i don't have time do do such a thing so I believe the switch will end up happening. I will also try out sub rotom however I very much like the ability to be able to kill unsuspecting mismagius. I am definately running adamant. And For the evs of Steelix i am stay with max sp def and HP but will try out the other evs more with the team. Overall thank you for the rate O and what evs and moveset is recommend for a LozRad

Milotic is absolutely a perfect check to a Choice Scarfed Eruption, I have no idea why you were having trouble with it.

The reason you're most likely losing to stall is the lack of a Rapid Spinner, meaning residual damage is wearing you down. For that reason, over Altaria, try putting a Claydol, somewhere along the lines of:

Claydol@Choice Scarf
252 HP/Special or Phys defense whichever you prefer./4 SpA (More if your eeeally want to).

-Ancientpower (Will revenge kill Yanmega after SR even if Honchkrow is down (65.18% - 77.96%))
-Trick (2 members of a Stall team with a scarf means they're screwed)
-Rapid Spin
-Earth Power/Psychic/Toxic (Ground/Earth has decent coverage, Psychic hits Wheezing, Roserade, and Venusaur, but Toxic does benefit your team and allows Milo to pack HP Grass).

This does leave you slightly weaker to Grass types than Roserade/Altaria, but by using Honchkrow/Blaziken effectively to control them.

I don't see why you would replace Roserade, you are severely hurting offensively and don't have another strategy otherwise. Milotic is the best Fire-check in the metagame tbh, IDK why you are having trouble with eruption.

Well your right milotic does check him but the rest of his team takes out milotic and allows him to sleep. The main reason i switch roserade out is cuz stall teams were owning me and sleep powder kept missing for me. And i thought altaria would help but not really. I am retrying roserade with a modest nature. With pretty much success but stall teams still dominate when I use Roserade. Also Roserade lacks the bulk that the team needs in such an offensive meta. Then agian I could just suck with using the team so who knows

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For your Blaziken's EV spread, there's 2 ways to go. You could go 4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe with a Mild nature, or 240 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 16 Spe. The first one is more recommended, as you can outspeed Honchkrow and tie with other base 80s, and you can still KO Chansey.

Or, hell, you want to break stall? Try out SD Blaziken. Milotic will regret that she ever switched in.

Blaziken@Life Orb
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 def, Adamant
-Swords Dance
-SuperPower
-Fire Punch
-Quick Attack

This can revenge Absol, as its Quick Attack will (usually) be faster than Sucker Punch. This also helps with your Regirock problem, as it can destroy Regirock with an SD boosted Superpower. It also gives you a check to Roserade and Yanmega with Quick Attack.

Aside from that, I don't think too much needs to be fixed. Remember to keep the pressure on your opponent, and if you face stall, don't mindlessly bring out Blaziken. Wait for the right moment, then grin as you watch things die. You're extremely weak to spikes, so a Rapid Spinner might help, but I don't know who to replace.

Thanks Erazor for the suggestion I think this blaziken will help with late game sweeping however I am not sure how it will affect the team I am definately going to test it out. I am still looking for suggestion of the 6th pokemon. In the lead are roserade and Altaria. But always open for new stuff.

I would replace your Honchkrow for Absol, physical honchkrow is basically and absol with less attack and speed that can take sleep powder.

Running a choice scarf absol:

Absol @ choice scarf
adamant (+attk, -spc attk)
ability: superluck
evs: 4 hp, 252 attk, 252 spe
-Nightslash
-pursuit
-superpower
-psycho cut

This retains the same moves as honchkrow except psycho cut over drill peck. this loses you leaving yanmega at 1% right off, but with Altaria now on your team, he is not a big problem.

the advantages of this set are:
-higher attack
-higher speed
-NO WEAKNESS TO STEALTH ROCK
-using superluck ability to get crits!

the honchkrows advantages are:
-slightly more bulk:: both are very weak and not taking a hit, so it is a rather useless advantage

-immunity to EQ, a plus, but without heatwave you are not doing much to any of the common users of EQ anyways, leaving it as fairly useless, as most common EQ'ers are much more physically defensive. plus you say you are using it as a revenge killer. revenge killers usually switch in after a death so any immunity is not a big plus at all.

-immunity to sleep:: this would be the only real reason to use honchkrow.

please consider my suggestion.

good team overall btw.

You told me to look, but I haven't found much to fix. I would've also suggested Roserade as your team seemed a bit Milo weak. I don't like the ev's though. If you want a LO Roserade you need that investment in Speed and Special Attack, otherwise you should just use a spiker set. I think you should make Roserade 252SpA/4SpD/252Spe.

Also agree with Flamewheeler, Honch is supposed to be able to shift between attacks, so I think you should change the Scarf to his LO set.

I would replace your Honchkrow for Absol, physical honchkrow is basically and absol with less attack and speed that can take sleep powder.

Running a choice scarf absol:

Absol @ choice scarf
adamant (+attk, -spc attk)
ability: superluck
evs: 4 hp, 252 attk, 252 spe
-Nightslash
-pursuit
-superpower
-psycho cut

This retains the same moves as honchkrow except psycho cut over drill peck. this loses you leaving yanmega at 1% right off, but with Altaria now on your team, he is not a big problem.

the advantages of this set are:
-higher attack
-higher speed
-NO WEAKNESS TO STEALTH ROCK
-using superluck ability to get crits!

the honchkrows advantages are:
-slightly more bulk:: both are very weak and not taking a hit, so it is a rather useless advantage

-immunity to EQ, a plus, but without heatwave you are not doing much to any of the common users of EQ anyways, leaving it as fairly useless, as most common EQ'ers are much more physically defensive. plus you say you are using it as a revenge killer. revenge killers usually switch in after a death so any immunity is not a big plus at all.

-immunity to sleep:: this would be the only real reason to use honchkrow.

please consider my suggestion.

good team overall btw.
Let me list the ways that you are wrong:

1) Altaria is still 2HKO'd by a specs Yanmega and lead Yanmega is taken care of by Honchkrow anyway.

2) Heat wave is shit compared to Drill Peck. "Common EQ users" are hit harder by Superpower/Drill Peck than they are by Heat Wave.

3) The speed means relatively nothing when they're scarfed. It's only significant to outspeed other scarfers and 4 speed isn't making a difference.

4) Neutrality to Fighting and Bug is HUGE. It prevents Yanmega from OHKOing with Bug Buzz (non-specs of course). Lead ones will do (65.40% - 77.42%) to Honchkrow and (148.34% - 174.91%) to Absol. Blaziken's Vacuum Wave will do (71.59% - 84.87%) to Absol and (31.96% - 37.83%) to Honchkrow. Not even a 2HKO.

5) 35 base HP is immense when it comes to taking neutral hits. See above for some examples.

6) Flying/Dark/Fighting is better SE coverage than Psychic/Dark/Fighting. Psychic hits Poison types harder, but Flying hits Grass and Bug types harder. With Torterra, Tangrowth, and Yanmega being big threats, a SE attack is a must.

7) Immunity to sleep is absolutely amazing. Sleep is one of the most debilitating stats in the game, having a free switch on sleep powder (all of whom's users are weak to Drill Peck) and being able to immediately threaten is huge. Not only that, but Honchkrow sports immunities to Psychic and Ground where Absol has only an immunity to Psychic (which is an uncommon attacking type). 3 immunities vs 1.

Honchkrow fits better on this team despite his SR weakness. A spinner over Altaria would probably be the best suggestion. (See Trickscarf Claydol).

(Sorry, Honchkrow's my homeboy, nobody be dissin' him :P)

Okay the evs on roserade were a typo and have been fixed. And I am sorry as D2M has shown Honchrow is my man or bird for the job. Regarding the item of Krow. I need him to be able to revenge kill specs mega as my team and almost any team is severly weak to it. I have tried the life orb but I couldn't get the kills on the ghosts and other frail stuff I needed to kill. Furthermore the scarf is different giving some surprises for anyone that battles it.

Also regarding the claydol i really like the rapid spinner but I don't no who to replace

Over Altaria/Roserade/whatever's there.

It leaves you weaker to Grass Types, but helps a ton against stall teams and offers another way to revenge Yanmega.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I got your PM! This is an excellent team, and everyone else seems to have gotten to everything already. I just want to point out something involving Steelix and Milotic. I suggest that you change Steelix to be physically defensive, with the EV spread: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 Def. Then, change Milotic's EV spread to: 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 SpD. Before you say, "What, that's crazy!", hear me out. Steelix is an amazing Pokemon for taking physical beatings, surviving even a Choice Band Arcanine's Flare Blitz. Milotic, on the other hand, is a wonderful special wall; with base 100 Hp / 125 SpD, almost no Special Attacks can penetrate her scales. The fact that you have both of them on your team can help it act like an UU SkarmBliss defensive combination, that almost no Pokemon can penetrate. If you combine this with the highly offensive nature of your team, you have one of the most balanced UU sqauds out there. Aside from that, I can't find much else to change; with +20 rates, there wasn't much left for me ;)

Hope I helped, and good luck! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)