Blazikenmaster-Zeo vs. rickheg, A solo Maximum reffing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxim: So here we are, back at the tournament arena Nora. Last time you were here you were just a Larvesta. Now there's nobody to disturb us, nobody to make us go up a treacherous mountain, and most importantly, nobody to force us to referee somebody.

Nora: It sure is tranquill isn't it.

Maxim: Oh brother.

Nora: Anyways, if we want to avoid reffing, shouldn't we stay away from the most popular arena in all of ASB.

Maxim: Don't be silly...

*loud explosion*

Uh oh

Well, I should have known better, but after fighting crime syndicates such as team rocket, explosions usually mean bad things are about to happen. So I went and checked the nearby arena 51D.

Once I arrived there, I saw that nothing bad had really happened, apparently the Dratini had tried to Dragon Rush the opponent, missed, and rushed headfirst into the wall, causing a collapse, though the Dratini wasn't hurt too badly.

Maxim: What's going on here!

Trainers: Well...we tried to have a match without a ref and it seems to have gotten out of control, can you ref for us?

Maxim: Sigh, sure why not. Let's get your pokemon healed up first though and call the arena staff, they handle this stuff all the time.

1 Day later

Maxim: Let me read the rules.

The Rules said:
3v3 Singles
1st stage mon's only
DQ: 2 days, 3 for ref.
2rec/5chills
Arena:Tounry
Switch=OK
Items=off
All Abilities
Let the Battle...BEGIN!

Nora: Trying to be the Oblivion arena announcer again, oh brother.

Team Rickheg:

Machop (Randy Savage) M
Nature: Adamant (Adds 1 to Attack; Subtracts 1 from Special Attack)

Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

No Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. As a result, it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when an OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally, even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefited by No Guard; they will have their normal accuracy.

Steadfast: (DW Locked) (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4(+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 35
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop
Foresight
Low Sweep
Seismic Toss
Revenge
Vital Throw
Dynamic Punch

Bullet Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

Protect
Earthquake
Brick Break

Tepig (Boarbeque) M
Nature: Quiet (Adds 1 to Special Attack; Divides Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)

Thick Fat: (Innate)(DW Locked) This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3(+)
Spe: 39(-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1

Attacks:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Ember
Odor Sleuth
Defense Curl
Flame Charge

Body Slam
Magnitude
Yawn

Grass Knot
Wild Charge
Overheat

Togepi (Serenity) F
Nature: Bold (Adds 1 to Defense; Subtracts 1 from Attack)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can Be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Serene Grace: (Innate) This Pokemon has a blessing which doubles the success chance of its attack’s secondary effects. (eg paralysis from Thunderbolt)

Super Luck: (Innate)(DW Locked) This Pokemon’s natural skill increases its critical hit levels one stage above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 25% of the time.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 0 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 20

Attacks:
Growl
Charm
Metronome
Sweet Kiss
Yawn
Encore
AncientPower
Follow Me
Bestow

Extrasensory
Nasty Plot
Psycho Shift

Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Grass Knot

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Totodile(Riptide)(Male)
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

Stats:
Def: Rank 3
Spe: 43

EC:0/9
MC:0
DC:0/5

Level Up Moves:
Scratch
Leer
Water Gun
Rage
Bite
Ice Fang
Scary Face
Thrash

Egg Moves:
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Rock Slide

TM/HM Moves
Brick Break
Protect
Dig

Abilities:

Torrent:
Type: Innate
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)

Sheer Force(DW):
Type: Can be Enabled
This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Dratini(Metaknight)(Male)
Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Nature: Hasty(-Defence, +15 Speed, +11.6(12)acc)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1(-)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 58(+)

EC:2/9
MC:0
DC:1/5

Level Up Moves:
Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Agility
Aqua Tail
Outrage

Egg Moves
Aqua Jet
Dragon Rush
Extreme Speed

TM/HM Moves
Thunder bolt
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave

Abilities

Shed Skin:
This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Marvel Scale(DW):
This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Sneasel(Claws)(Male)
Type: Dark/Ice
Dark:Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Ice:Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

Stats:
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 115

EC:4/6
MC:4
DC:3/5

Level Up Moves:
Scratch
Leer
Taunt
Quick Attack
Screech
Faint attack
Fury Swipe
Agility

Egg Moves
Counter
Ice Punch
Ice Shard

TM/HM Moves
Taunt
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Shadow Claw

Abilties

Inner Focus:
When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Keen Eye:
This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by an opponent through any means (including accuracy lowering attacks, Smogs, Hazes, Fog, etc.). Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion and the Pokemon's own accuracy.

Pickpocket (DW):
This Pokemon's mischievous nature and greed make it very effective at pawning off an opponents item. If this Pokemon has no item and either it or the opposing Pokemon strikes with a contact attack, their item is stolen and becomes the held item of this Pokemon. Pokemon with Pickpocket can be commanded to swap items with an ally, and only they will need to expend an action to do so because of their swifter sleight of hand.
Command: [Ability: Pickpocket (Ally Item Swap) ]

Turn Order:
Blazikenmaster-Zeo sends out pokemon
Rickheg sends out pokemon and orders
Zeo orders

EDIT: Blast it, fixed

I guess I'll start off with Dratini

Btw I'm going to edit in my Weight and size classes cause if I don't I guess I don't get shit for this battle.

Dratini
Base Rank Total: 13

Totodile
Base Rank Total: 14

Sneasel
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 17

If you would be kind enough to edit these in I would be most thankful.

Okay. I'll lead with Serenity the Togepi. I'd also like to point out that I forgot to adjust her stats from nature, so she should have 3 SpA, 0 Atk. Sorry about that. Anyway...

Let's see what you can do, Serenity. Start with Yawn to get us some free turns, then Nasty Plot as he gets ready to fall asleep. Finish by actually hitting him with Shadow Ball. If he ever uses Thunder Wave, replace action with Encore.

@Blazikenmaster-Zeo I'm quite alright with it...although I have no idea what's going on with that...

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Metaknight (Dratini)
Health: 90
Energy: 100
Speed: 58
Size: 2
Weight: 1
Boosts/Drops: None
Actions: Evasive Agility~Outrage~Outrage

Team rickheg

Serenity (Togepi) [Eh, looks like we may have two togepi's named serenity in ASB once I get one :P]
Speed: 20
Size: 1
Actions: Yawn~Nasty Plot~Shadow Ball

Round 1: Here we go again

Welcome to this offical match folks reffed by yours truly, Maxim. At any rate, this match between two veterans (I believe) of ASB, rickheg and Blazikenmaster-Zeo.

Blazikenmaster-Zeo (eh, just gonna call him Zeo now :P) sends out his Dratini Metanight and rickheg sends out his Togepi Serenity! Dratini works out to begin the match, trying to increase his agility to use evasively against Togepi's first attack. Togepi seems bored, so she just yawns, but Dratini ignores it due to his workout.

Dratini then starts the actual assault by Outraging on everything including Togepi who sustains pretty decent damage. Togepi suddenly gets a bright idea to do something nasty to Dratini. Dratini seems slightly disturbed at this Nasty Plot, but is too enraged to do anything about it.

Besides knock the socks off Togepi of course, he launches another Outraging strike that does even more damage to togepi. Togepi decides to stop kidding around and Launches a Shadow Ball, and it becomes immediately apparent what the plot was. Togepi got close to Dratini and launched right at his head (still soft from crashing into the arena earlier) and landing a critical hit! That had to hurt!

Action One
Dratini used Evasive Agility!
Dratini will evade the next attack, no speed was gained!
[-7 Energy Dratini]

Serenity used Yawn
Dratini avoided the attack
[-6 Energy Togepi]

Action Two
Dratini used Outrage
Dratini went on an outrage!
To Crit: [1= Yes]=11=NO
Damage: [12+3]=15 Damage
[15 Damage Togepi] [-7 Energy Dratini]
Dratini locked into Outrage for 2 more actions

Togepi used Nasty Plot!
Togepi came up with a nasty plot
+ 2 Special Attack for Togepi
[-7 Energy Togepi]

Action Three
Dratini used Outrage
[15 Damage Togepi] [-7 Energy Dratini]

Togepi used Shadow Ball
To Crit: [1= Yes]=1=YES
To Special Def Drop: [20<= Yes]=49=NO
Damage: [8+3+3]=14 Damage
[14 Damage] [-6 Energy Togepi]

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Metaknight (Dratini)
Health: 79
Energy: 79

Team rickheg

Serenity (Togepi) [Eh, looks like we may have two togepi's named serenity in ASB once I get one :P]
Health: 60
Energy: 81
Boosts/Drops: +2 Special Attack

Turn Order:
Zeo orders
rickheg orders
I ref

I should be at +1 still, right? Also, Blazikenmaster-Zeo should order first, since I went first last round.

You had to bring Dratini, didn't you. At least it isn't a Monohm. I hate Monohms. Not even sure why.

Serenity, he'll get confused after Outrage. That's our chance. Also, let's get dangerous!!

Metronome (see options below), Shadow Ball, Yawn

Metronome (Blizzard/Dragon Pulse/Will-O-Wisp/Thunder Wave/Tri Attack/Flash Cannon/Sludge Bomb/Earth Power/Bug Buzz/Psychic)

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Metaknight (Dratini)
Health: 79
Energy: 79
Actions: Outrage~Aqua Tail~Thunderbolt

Team rickheg

Serenity (Togepi)
Health: 60
Energy: 81
Boosts/Drops: +2 Special Attack
Actions: Metronome~Shadow Ball~Yawn

Round 2: Rolling the dice

Here we are in this exciting...well, I guess it's not quite exciting yet, but it soon will be! I guarantee it! guarantee not actually a guarantee protected by law, all prosecuters will be tied to a tree and beaten with a stick.

Anyways, let's get to the action! Dratini finishes it's outrage temper tantrum and Togepi is left at about half its health from the beginning of this match! Ouch. Dratini however does end up slightly confused. Togepi instead opts for the hax option and waves it's finger around to summon a mostly random move via metronome. The move it summons forth is Sludge Bomb that does pretty good damage to Dratini, but oddly enough doesn't poison him. Does Serene Grace count for nothing!

Dratini tries to make a massive splash in the pool around the arena to Aqua Tail Togepi, but ends slapping itself with it's tail instead before even getting to the water! Well, on the bright side, it snapped him out of confusion, but not before Togepi launched a Shadow Ball in his face.

Dratini, finally able to do something, decides to launch a thunderbolt from who knows where. This does rather less damage than the outrage did, but meh, at least he isn't confused. Togepi tries to yawn again to convince him that his outrage must have made him tired, and Dratini yawns as well. Uh oh.

Well, it's about neck and neck in this intense battle.

Action One
Dratini used Outrage
To Crit: [1= Yes]=9=NO
[15 Damage] [-7 Energy Dratini]
Dratini's confusion: (1/3)=Slight
Dratini confused for 2 actions

Togepi used Metronome
Move used: (7/10)=Sludge Bomb
To Crit: [1= Yes]=7=NO
To Poison: [60<= Yes]=83=NO
Damage: [9+3]=12 Damage
[12 Damage] [-14 Energy]

Action Two
Dratini used Aqua Tail
To Confuse: [50<= Yes]=11=Yes
Dratini hit itself!
Damage: 4+3=7
[7 Damage Dratini] [-3 Energy]

Togepi used Shadow Ball
To Drop Sp. Def: [40<= Yes]=57=NO
To Crit: [1= Yes]=9=NO
[11 Damage] [-6 Energy]

Dratini snapped out of Confusion

Action Three
Dratini used Thunderbolt
To Crit: [1= Yes]=4=NO
To Paralyze: [10<= Yes]=17=NO
Damage: [10-1.5]=8.5=9 Damage
[9 Damage] [-7 Energy Dratini]

Togepi used Yawn
Dratini has become drowsy!
[-6 Energy Togepi]

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Metaknight (Dratini)
Health: 49
Energy: 62

Team rickheg

Serenity (Togepi)
Health: 36
Energy: 55
Boosts/Drops: +1 Special Attack

Alright, that round worked really well in our favor, Serenity! Let's see if we can't close the gap even further and take the lead!

Start by using Metronome (same as before) again, then Shadow Ball one more time. Won't be the last time, though. Finish up with Ancient Power. If he uses Outrage, insert Charm into the queue and push actions back, but only once.

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Metaknight (Dratini)
Health: 49
Energy: 62
Actions: Dragon Rush~Ice Beam~Thunderbolt

Team rickheg

Serenity (Togepi)
Health: 36
Energy: 55
Boosts/Drops: +1 Special Attack
Actions: Metronome~Shadow Ball~Ancient power

Round 3: Very bad luck for the dragon

Things are going to heat up a lot during this round! I can feel it. It's almost as if there's an air of...hax?

Well, Dratini tries to Dragon Rush Togepi, but ends up missing and careening into the wall! The hax doesn't slow down for him though, as Togepi's most recent metronome has summoned up a fierce Blizzard which does massive damage to Dratini. That's one fifth of his health in one action, ouch.

Dratini's not going to back down though, and fires an Ice Beam at the darling little Togepi, which does moderate damage. Togepi launches a Shadow Ball in retaliation, which seems to have dropped his special defense.

Dratini's really mad now, so he launches another Thunderbolt at Togepi, which paralyzes it! Togepi shrugs this off though, and sends rocks imbued with ancient power at Dratini. These rocks seem to have a strange effect on the Togepi, and it increases all of his stats! How lucky can you get in one round!

Both Pokemon are at their last breaths, who will get knocked out first!

Action One
Dratini used Dragon Rush
To Hit: [13<= Miss]=7=Miss
The Attack missed
[-6 Energy Dratini]

Togepi used Metronome
Move used: (1/10)=Blizzard
To Hit: [30<= Miss]=43=HIT
To Freeze: [20<= Yes]=63=NO
Damage: [12+1.5]*1.5=20.25=20 Damage
[20 Damage] [-15 Energy]

Action Two
Dratini used Ice Beam
To Freeze: [10<= Yes]=56=NO
Damage: 10
[9 Damage] [-7 Energy]

Togepi used Shadow Ball
To Crit: [1= Yes]=3=NO
To Drop Stats: [40<= Yes]=14=YES
Damage: 9.5=10 Damage
[10 Damage Dratini] [-6 Energy]
-1 Special Defense Dratini

Action Three
Dratini used Thunderbolt
To Paralyze: [10<= Yes]=3=Yes
Togepi was 15% paralyzed
Damage: 9
[9 Damage] [-7 Energy]

Togepi used Ancientpower
To Paralyze: [15<= Yes]=40=NO
To Raise ALL Stats: [20<= Yes]=8=YES
Damage: [6+3]=9
[9 Damage Dratini] [-4 Energy Togepi]
+1 Everything Togepi

Paralysis chance lowered by 5%, I think

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Metaknight (Dratini)
Health: 10
Energy: 42
Boosts/Drops: -1 Special Attack

Team rickheg

Serenity (Togepi)
Health: 18
Energy: 30
Speed: 5 (Eh, exact number doesn't matter atm)
Boosts/Drops: +1 Everything

Just making sure you included my 12 acc boost with Dragon Rush, anyways i don't see a way I can win here so I'm going to use this.

Extreme speed- Extreme Speed Combo rest.

Sorry I've been taking so long, I forgot about this match tbqh.

How do you calc then? like, Dragon rush has a 75% chance +my 11 boost so it would be anything under 86 would hit. by saying low enough number, that would kind of mean I hit...

Oh, I'm kind of weird in that I use low numbers to calculate my scenarios [so whereas most refs use anything 85 and above as a miss, I treat anything 15 and below as a miss if fire blast is used]

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Metaknight (Dratini)
Health: 10
Energy: 42
Boosts/Drops: -1 Special Attack
Actions: Extreemespeed + Extremespeed combo~rest~blank

Team rickheg

Serenity (Togepi)
Health: 18
Actions: Shadow Ball x3

Round 4: Well, that was fast

Welcome back folks for this sure-to-be exciting match! Who will faint first!

Dratini, eager to finish his opponent off, starts charging up a devastatingly fast combo and....

What the heck just happened. What. the. heck. just. happened! It appears that Dratini just launched a Ludicrous speed combo against the Togepi, which does massive damage!

But wait a moment, despite being battered into oblivion, is Still standing! It launches a shadow ball which finally finishes off Dratini! What a comeback, guess that ancientpower boost helped after all.

Dratini used Ludicrous speed combo!
To Crit: [1= Yes]=8=NO
Base Attack: 8*2.25=18 Damage
Energy: [6+10]*2=32 Energy
Damage: [18-1.5]=16.5 Damage=17 Damage
[17 Damage] [-32 Energy Dratini]

Togepi used Shadow Ball
To Paralyze: [10<= Yes]=70=NO
To Crit: [1= Yes]=6=NO
To Def Drop: Irrelevant
[10 Damage] [-6 Energy Togepi]

Dratini has fainted!

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Metaknight (Dratini)
Health: KO

Team rickheg

Serenity (Togepi)
Health: 1

Turn order:
Blazikenmaster-Zeo sends out next pokemon
rickheg orders
BM-Zeo orders

I've got to stop putting these things off.

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Riptide (Totodile)
Speed: 43
Boosts/Drops:None
Actions: Brick Break x3

Team rickheg

Serenity (Togepi)
Health: 1

Round 5: Do I even need to ref this one.

This match has taken a turn for the worse for Zeo, but can he come back from this catastrophe?

Well, apparently so, Tododile Brick Breaks the Togepi which faints it instantly.

Tododile used Brick Break
To Crit: Irrelevant
Damage: 8*1.5=12 Damage (maybe not quite right, but it doesn't really matter)
[12 Damage] [-6 Energy]
Togepi fainted!

Team Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Riptide (Totodile)
Speed: 43
Boosts/Drops:None
Actions: Brick Break x3

Team rickheg

Serenity (Togepi)
Health: KO

Turn order:
Rickheg sends out next mon and orders
Zeo orders
I ref

I'll send out the Macho Man, Randy Savage, oh yeah!!! (Machop)

Also, Blaze orders first this round, right? That technically did count as a full round, I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)