Bleach Discussion Thread

jrp

Banned deucer.
gotta love Aizen trolling right when we're about to see Isshin's shikai

although I bet it's gonna look exactly like Zangetsu or something retarded

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
idk, engetsu showed a lightning ability when isshin used it before in addition to getsuga tenshō and its release command was "burn," so im guessing it will be different from shitty boring zangetsu. plus niggas wouldve recognized ichigo's zangetsu if engetsu had been in use just fifteen years prior

ichigo and uryuu are half siblings through misaki, and also rikudo sage
Actually, I don't think they are. Masaki was destined to marry Ryuken, but she ended up getting together with Isshin, making a shinigami/quincy hybrid.

I don't know who Uryu's mom is, but I'm gonna take a gambit and believe that she's Katigiri from what we've seen these past few chapters, although I can be completely off.

But no, I don't think Uryu and Ichigo are related at all, just have quincy powers in each of them.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wasn't it confirmed in Uryu's Quincy retraining sequence that Uryu isn't a full blood Quincy? So there's no way his mom could be Masaki.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wasn't it confirmed in Uryu's Quincy retraining sequence that Uryu isn't a full blood Quincy? So there's no way his mom could be Masaki.
If that's the case, we could conclude that his mom is Katagiri, but again, I'd wait for more info. That's the only reasonable explanation as to why Uryū has black hair (provided we stay out of the realm of Punnett squares and even more arcane genetics theories). Also, this may be me over-analyzing Ch. 530's panels here, but it seems like Katagiri has feelings for Ryūken. Iunno, just felt like putting that out there.

I guess that could also explain why his dad always proclaims him as so weak, as he isn't a pureblood...

A bit off topic, but the vandereich, were they purebloods or half out of curiosity? Most would have to be half assuming that Uryu's family is one of the last pureblood line and the kurosaki one just went down to Massaki.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A bit off topic, but the vandereich, were they purebloods or half out of curiosity? Most would have to be half assuming that Uryu's family is one of the last pureblood line and the kurosaki one just went down to Massaki.
I'm going to assume that all of the Vandenreich besides Yhwach (Juha Bach) and possibly Haschwald are half-blooded Quincies for the reasons you mentioned. The only reason I exempted Haschwald from this assumption is because of his reaction to Bach stabbing Ichigo in the neck. Also, keeping his hair color (a yellowish blond) and aforementioned reaction in mind, I like to think to myself that Haschwald could possibly be a Kurosaki who defected to the Vandenreich.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i reread the whole manga over spring break and uryuu is implied to be fullblooded when ichigo tells that guy using super quincy final form that hes weaker and the guy is like "IMPOSSIBLE!!!"

if uryuu is the only pureblood left it also explains why hes the only quincy kurotsuchi ever encountered who can use that puppetteer power

i reread the whole manga over spring break and uryuu is implied to be fullblooded when ichigo tells that guy using super quincy final form that hes weaker and the guy is like "IMPOSSIBLE!!!"

if uryuu is the only pureblood left it also explains why hes the only quincy kurotsuchi ever encountered who can use that puppetteer power
Well Quilge Opie used this as well during the fight with him, so it's not a pureblood only technique or anything, probably just more rare or needing a decent amount of mastery to use.

jrp

Banned deucer.
it's probably just a rare technique based on the context that was given during the SS arc.

extra chapter released yesterday which explains what happened to a few of the espada after they were killed

i am thoroughly confused

This is an old chapter, its the prequel to the hell movie with kokuto and everyone. Really interested in Isshins shikai though, it seems like its a fire type like Yamas so maybe Ichigos own zangetsu will have 4 types to it zero no taichi north did look like a getsuga and if Ichigo could bring back all that he's killed he'd be able to summon...Orihimes brother i guess

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That chapter should have come out just before the Bleach Hell Movie (Movie 4 iirc?). I think they just released it late.

e: welp it did not show me the extra 3 posts lul

I like this Isshin backstory, he's always been the mysterious guy. It's a nice break from Ichigo's whining tbh.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
This was a great chapter, but I guess we're going to have to wait another 100 or so chapters for Isshin's Bankai. Also, based on what Aizen said, I think Engetsu's Bankai and Tensa Zangetsu both compress the user's Reishi, rather than expand it.

Also, based on what I've seen in this chapter, I don't think Masaki was killed by Grand Fisher, who seems to be weaker than Whitey was.

also worth noting that isshin is referred to as "captain shiba" thereby suggesting a familial relationship between him and kaien

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
i think this was before kaien's time...but you never know lol
Isshin lost his powers 20 years ago. This chapter takes place way after the eviction of the Visoreds from Soul Society, as evidenced by Aizen hoping to lure them out with Whitey, and most likely after Kaien died, since Toshirō can be seen as Isshin's third seat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)