Bleach Discussion Thread

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So an ex-girlfriend once told me to stop watching BLEACH on a weekly basis because it's better in huge chunks. After giving up on the series after the whole... power-items-whatever-they-were-called arc, I pretty much gave up on BLEACH's stupidity.

That said, I somehow ended up reading it again this weekend, and I g2 say-- my ex was right; I just had to stop reading them 1 at a time and instead read a ton of them at once, and it becomes surprisingly much better. Not great, but at least enjoyable.

Finally getting to the meat of Ichigo's "origin" whatever was a nice treat at the end of the meal. This last chapter had more actual content/expository than almost any other in the whole series. lol

There are some holes still to fill, but heck; I'm pretty happy with how much info we were given.

Now, should I read next week's, or just wait a few months to read any more BLEACH...

About the only thing I learned in this chapter was that Masaki had really nice big boobies...

Uh, that aside...interesting chapter. So either the whole Grand Fisher thing is a lie or there's a lot more to it than the simple hollow he appeared to be. Also now waiting for Ichigo to whip out a Quincy cross to fuse with his zanpakuto, and for his sisters to get in on the fun.

I say that you should read it on a weekly basis but occassionally read a mass of them. It may seem redundant but being able to engage a fresh new chapter gives you something to look forward to besides the typical work/school. Reading a chapter fresh lets you process it for the week analyze its faults make predictions and expectations, participate in forums etc. On the other hand reading in bulk gives you a better perception of the story lets you have a nice pace to work with. For Bleach particularly it should be wonderful

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Still seems that Kubo made up this explanation like 2 months ago, but at least it somewhat explains why Small Fisher was able to beat Misaki.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
i think that explanation was bullshit but at this point i really don't care

at least we're back at the actual story-line now

Finally ACTUAL development!!

And I think kubo read this thread, almost all the speculations me made was real (like Katagiri being Ishida's mother).

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uryū's appearance in a Vandenreich coat really made the chapter for me, but I like the development shown in this chapter. Also, I totally called Katagiri being Uryū's mother. I totally called it.

Uryū's appearance in a Vandenreich coat really made the chapter for me, but I like the development shown in this chapter. Also, I totally called Katagiri being Uryū's mother. I totally called it.
I agree, though it was a bit more of a surprise to me. Wonder how ryuuken will react, even if this is just an obvious ploy to get to know the enemy from the inside.

I'm still not quite certain how Masaki died since the two versions I read vary in translation...basically since juha bach is the originator of all quincies, he can just suck them dry remotely or something for their powers?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So all this time Ichigo was a Human + Hollow, Quincy + Shinigami-- does that mean he's all balanced out inside??????

Also if this guy was busy sucking on all the impure quincy's power, why didn't Ichigo and his sisters die off?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If I understand correctly, Juha Bach merely took away Masaki's Quincy powers, so she was unable to fend herself when she was being attacked by that despicable hollow. Juha Bach didn't directly kill Masaki. I don't know why he didn't take away Ichigo's Quincy powers back then, though - maybe his powers were too insignificant to absorb?

Oddly no talk of Uryu this is the second time in 2 arcs he's been hyped to be the new bad, he also started out as an antagonist and then an anti-hero in SS. If you all want to keep talking of Masaki though its possible he couldn't touch the hybrids because they hadn't yet awakened their quincy powers which could also serve to why uryu was unaffected

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
So all this time Ichigo was a Human + Hollow, Quincy + Shinigami-- does that mean he's all balanced out inside??????

Also if this guy was busy sucking on all the impure quincy's power, why didn't Ichigo and his sisters die off?
HIS POWER IS TOO GREAT, I CANT ABSORB IT or he will simply forget to

Uryuu showing up on that last page made me laugh. Now we're gonna have Ichigo v Uryuu rematch where Uryuu will get some bullshit power and be equal to him.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
either that or uryu is playing double agent and is still a good guy

kind of like in that piece of shit fullbringer arc

I'm channeling double agent as well, by now they've been through too much crap unless he harbors some weird grudge from when he stabbed him in hollow form back VS Ulquiada.

You have to admit, this is also a good way to learn that alternate final form Quincy move as well, since it's unknown to Uryuu and assumedly Ryuuken as well.

Still, the only thing that bugs me is how there are so many quinces now considering they were assumedly almost extinct when Uryuu and pops the only ones left; I guess Juha Bach must've raped a lot of chicks to produce more quincies or something. And Mayuri's intel is probably very dated considering how much new crap they've been showing off.

So everyone is training..... nice clifthanger. He is missing an ear and have a nice scar on his head, how might be author?

(on a side note: where the hell is yoruichi? i miss her so much...)

jrp

Banned deucer.
Welcome back hichigo. I'm glad that we're gonna see hisagi 's bankai, it should be pretty cool. I bet hitsugaya is going to get a "new bankai" or something

I don't normally like lulls in the action, but I'm looking forward to the Rocky-style training montage that's about to come up - especially if it means we get to see like 10 more Bankais.

YES. Finally we're getting a Komamura backstory! Can't wait to see what will happen, I'm so excited for next chapter, I hope that we get more info on it.

jrp

Banned deucer.
YES. Finally we're getting a Komamura backstory! Can't wait to see what will happen, I'm so excited for next chapter, I hope that we get more info on it.
You realize that once a character gets backstory in bleach, they're usually about to die right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)