Bleach Discussion Thread

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^What are you talking about? The Quincy "lack of immunity" to Hollows has nothing to do with it-- after all, remember, Quincies developed their powers to fight Hollows. It would just be a normal fight-- whoever's stronger wins. That said, Shinji's Vizard powers are ridiculously strong.

Talking about the poison effect hollow reiatsu have on Quincys, wasn't that the effect of Urahara pills to give a little of Hollow reiatsu to bankai-less captains?

Talking about the poison effect hollow reiatsu have on Quincys, wasn't that the effect of Urahara pills to give a little of Hollow reiatsu to bankai-less captains?
Basically yes, so that whatever quincy stole their bankai would be forced to relinquish it or basically be poisoned otherwise. Though if Bambietta is to be believed, this hinders their ability to use their...uh...quincy bankai (voltz-whatever, too lazy to look up some pseudo-german name), so kind of a tradeoff since they now have access to their full powers.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My point was that has nothing to do with Quincies fighting against Hollow powers, because Quincies have always fought Hollows as their main enemy (ie. Hollow attacks are now "super effective" on quincies or some shit)

To be fair, Hollow attacks are super effective on just about anyone if they bite down on you or hit you with a cero.

I'd like to learn a bit more about Sanjin's family history, needs a gaiden chapter after this arc...except this is the last arc isn't it? Boo...

Also he looks more fox than dog or wolf to me.

I originally disliked the luchador Quincy, but I'm coming around. That and Kensei is fighting, which is cool as Kensei's the second favorite vizord. Should be a good battle with Rose there too, and Shuhei apparently might've picked up a bankai...

That bankai was awesome...shame they had luchador punch a hole through him just so they can find a way to put in Renji. Won't lie, don't really give a fuck about renji or the others atm, would have preferred to see the two vizored kill him off since they haven't even used their bloody masks yet. But no, gotta have the others show off their new super powers gained from training with the zero division people. Which will just lead to luchador using whatever his voltzstag-thing and so on...

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
I honestly would have preferred someone other than Renji coming to the rescue. I mean, Shuhei would have been much better since he was bankai training and we don't see him as much as Renji. Plus it'd be bonus points for returning the favor to the captain who saved his life!

That said, I loved Rose's bankai since the last thing I anticipated was something that creepy. If only he didn't go explaining his powers like every other character.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I love Luchador+James I don't think I've enjoyed anything that much in this series for a long time

Don't really remember either captain but now they don't matter because of powered up Renji!

Dear Bleach author: enough power creeping. Thanks.

Anyways, James can take a surprising amount of damage, I wouldn't put it past him being alive all sliced up still. Also incoming Quincy voltzstag since he obviously isn't about to die yet considering its only part 2.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Rose and Kensei getting beaten just to make Renji, who is essentially a "power guage meatbag" himself, stronger was one of my main irks with it. The idea of seeing Rose's bankai do some heavy damage or Shuhei showing his training results would have been a more interesting sight than a character I am far too used to seeing getting his ass kicked show up and save the day. Renji sorta has a good reason to fight Mask, but two Vizard captains would have been more interesting to see battle.

I also am with Chaser on Mask and James. I think they're the best characters from the Vandenreich introduced, mostly because they seem to have personality traits outside of "overpowered enemy who doesn't play games" given there is a known sense of camaraderie and both have their quirks.

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
lol james gonna be cheering mask as bits and pieces, each scrap of flesh yelling in support =]

This last chapter was absolutely horrible. "Here, have two of the remaining bankais real quick before I kill their owners off as an excuse to squeeze my boy Renji in".

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i stopped giving a shit about bleach's "quality" (in terms of consistent power levels, character development) a long time ago and just care about bleach's "cool shit" scenes that might look awesome in an anime setting

this luchador is gonna be awesome animated :X

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
fucking kubo.

One secondary fight I wouldn't have minded if he extended it. That luchador could have been easily beaten by the Vizards and Renji could have started with the Quincies much higher in the ladder.

Given this dick move I can already see where this is going.

this is Arrancar v2. Ichigo & Co. will again look stupidly puny v/s the power of the top 3(or 5) Quincies <insert 10 chapters of desperation and slaughter> until he again gains some stupid insane power-up at the last moment and saves the shinigami world.
Oh and some obligatory truncated badassery for Zaraki before he prematurely dies or something, cue-in due to unfortunate side effects of his super-duper-awesome bankai which he unlocks which takes toll on his reishi or something coupled with hammering from some OP villain.

Last edited:
On Zaraki:

I think that he will go directly for Juha Bach, since he was the one that beated him (well, technically was that weird twin but Zaraki don't know this). He probably will be death wounded again regarless of his "super-duper-impressive" power. Hopefully, Uryu Ishida will be on his path and fight for his king...... again hopefully...

Edit: in this invasion, what have Aizen been doing? Juha pay him a visit and proposed him something that Azien denied.... imo, not even Kubo knows what Aizen and Juha talked.....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)