Bleach Discussion Thread

Well a good theory, but he did create her it turns out. Interesting that research also gave birth to his zanpakto modifications and other stuff. And like the rest of this Bleach arc so far, backstory/lore reveal = soon to be dead character.

Kinda funny he needs the consolation of another mad scientist to move on. Though how many times have they blown up Pernida now, expecting he'll just reform again next chapter.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

i personally think pernida's ability to evolve took a nasty turn against itself in this chapter thanks to it picking up mayuri's bankai's tendency to eat its opponents. it's similar to how gremmy destroyed himself with the visionary, which is actually a rather neat way to finish a fight.

anyways, what are the odds that mayuri will bring nemuri back before the end of the series? he has her brain, so he migt be be able to pull some deus ex mayuri shenanigans, like what he did to revive her after the szayel apporo grantz fight. however, i kinda hope he doesn't do so, since that will make nemuri's death much less meaningful.

overall, great way to finish this fight off. let's see what the other members of yhwach's schutzstaffel can do.

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Besides even by eating Nemu, wouldn't he be utterly paralyzed like the one arrancar regardless of the mass cell cancer?
Knowing Mayuri, he probably didn't keep the same drugs in Nemu's body at all times. You'd think there would a few unpleasant things in there though. IIRC he figured out what would happen to the Arrancar by checking which specific part of Nemu's body he had formed in, so consuming her entire body should probably cause several different effects. This one looks like it kills quickly, though, so maybe the others just won't have time to matter.

To your earlier post: he might not reform if his entire body is destroyed at once, but I'm not at all sure that it will be that easy.

Finally Shinsui is fighting. Kubo said in an interview 2013 that he is going to use his bankai this arc. But I doubt he will be able to hold his own considering he almost lost to Sternritter N.

He may have almost lost to N, but he was also just using a shikai as well (well hell did he even use that actually?), a bankai should at least let him approach the whole elite sternritter level of power I'd think.

That was an oddly nice conclusion for Mayuri, he even de-zombified Hitsugaya and big boobs. Slight hope for Kensei and Rose to be eventually de-zombified later as well?

Those Sternritter took out the Zero Squad minus Ichibai and their power suppost to be equal to the whole Gotei 13 including Yamamoto and all the low level trash and Vice Captains.

Those Sternritter took out the Zero Squad minus Ichibai and their power suppost to be equal to the whole Gotei 13 including Yamamoto and all the low level trash and Vice Captains.
And yet Mayrui & Nemu just took one out. So meh, who really knows, power levels are all f'ed up and we still haven't seen Renji, Rukia, or Byakuya take on anyone. Not to mention Toshiro is now poised to get a kill in somewhere.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
since kyōraku took out lille's sniper rifle, i'm expecting lille to reveal that he can utilize the x-axis with his left eye even when his rifle is out of commission, which he has kept closed for the entirety of the time he has appeared in the manga. still, it's interesting that kubo chose kyōraku to fight lille instead of another captain like shinji, who still hasn't been given a proper on-screen fight ever since the fake karakura town arc.

yea it is interesting now that you mention it why shinji isn't fighting this guy. Theoretically Sakanade's ability should be a pretty nice counter to the XAxis? Manipulating his sense of direction to not know where to shoot? Maybe. The end of the chapter killed me with laughter though. I can't wait to see Kyoraku's bankai because his shikai itself is pretty fucking cool

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've never read this series and a few days back I picked up a random volume, it happened to be the one where the God of Hueco Mundo (skull dude with black water body, decay powers and spiky crown, name is Barregan or something) fights this one lady with a blasty power and this dude in a white suit who can apparently pretend to be a Hollow and transport stuff with magic little cube portals.

So the dude's black body stuff decays everything, and apparently tuxedo man deduced that since hes a skeleton but his powers aren't decaying him he must have some coating protecting him from his own powers, so when his hand gets infected with decay stuff he transports it into barregan's chest where it decays barregan because it's bypassed the barrier. My question is, previously barregan has been like half distenegrated by this blasty attack from the girl, so why wasn't his barrier broken then and / if the suity dude already figured out the barrier why didn't he transport a bomb or something inside barregan, why did he need to use his own powers against him?

Sorry to derail, just wondering.

since kyōraku took out lille's sniper rifle, i'm expecting lille to reveal that he can utilize the x-axis with his left eye even when his rifle is out of commission, which he has kept closed for the entirety of the time he has appeared in the manga. still, it's interesting that kubo chose kyōraku to fight lille instead of another captain like shinji, who still hasn't been given a proper on-screen fight ever since the fake karakura town arc.
My guess is that Lille can simply reconstruct the rifle, as it's likely a Quincy construct. That being said, I think his left eye can see through terrain. I'm thinking Perfect Dark Farsight XR-20.

Meh, the whole usual exposition of how their power works is going to get them killed likely...

Though I guess technically if Kyouraku's zanpakuto only works if both participants know the "rules" so it is a game in the sense for his shikai's abilities to work, it'd be necessary and not needless exposition.

Last edited:
That is Bleach in a nutshell. It is so retarded that people keep explaining their powers instead of showing or thinking how it works. We have already seen how the Rose ended up after explaining his power to Mask de Maskulin.

I hope Sternritter X shows a little more of being a threat...if fucking Sternritter N could trouble Kyoraku, why is the fight against an elite Sternritter who defeated one of the Zero Squad almost even?
I hope Kyoraku uses his Bankai soon...but I guess it will take at least 3 chapters until he goes for it if he even needs it.

Well he's the first elite one to resort to his volts-blahblah I guess? Bankai incoming to counter it.

It kinda sucks we'll never know what Ukitake's bankai was, as he allegedly was the 3rd strongest behind Kyoraku and Genryusai. Oh well.

Last edited:
wow, I was wrong about it taking at least 3 weeks. But I am glad that Kubo decided to pull this off finally...but I feel like we will get an expedition next chapter until we see at the end of the chapter the bankai and after that chapter we will see what it can do.

Hopefully I am wrong again, but you know how long it took to see Kenpachi's Shikai.

Chapter seemed way too short. Will be interesting to see what it does since it must be near suicidal to the user (assuming, otherwise if it is a suicidal attack, you can't really have learned it without dying?).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)