Bleach Discussion Thread

Hello, and welcome one and all to the Bleach Discussion Thread!

Lately in Bleach things have begun to heat up quite a bit with the quincy and the shinigami, so I decided to make a thread on it. Now I know that some of you are not bleach fans. But I want to lay out some general rules for this thread before we begin:

1. This is not a hate/love thread. This is discussing the events on what's going on in bleach and predicting what will happen.
2. Please try to stay on topic. And be respectful to other people's opinions.

So yeah. That's about it.

What's that? Haven't caught up with bleach? Well I have just the website for you! MangaHere is a handy website that has updated every single bleach chapter in case you want to check out your fav chapters or get updated on the situation with the quincy and shinigami. You can find the link here:
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v01/c001/

So yeah. Discuss, predict, and debate over who's gonna live, die, or learn some awesome new moves to win against this new enemy to the shinigami.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
kubo fucked up big time by continuing the manga after the final aizen battle i mean really everything after that has been shit

i wanna see the king of the soul society; fuck the quincy

that is all

oh i forgot one thing: kira getting DESTROYED was amazing

I used to really like Bleach, but at this point I'm mainly continuing to read just because I want to know how it ends. Other than the occasional happy moment from seeing one of the minor characters I like, it's just dragging on painfully.

The biggest problem with Bleach, by FAR, are the combat sequences. When a single fight drags on for months, the pace of the series gets utterly destroyed. That's mainly why I'm dreading the current arc. It's so obviously set up to be back-to-back mega battles.

Some things to look forward to, though:
  • Yamamoto's bankai - based on his shikai, this should be universe-ending
  • Chad getting full-body form - if this doesn't happen it's a huge mistake
  • Aizen's comeback - I could see him being called upon as sort of a backup weapon against the Quincy or something. I mean, if he's not dead then he's still going to have some purpose. Also Bankai.

And the sad thing as I'm writing that list is that I realize most of the stuff I'm looking forward to in the series is just the power levels of characters coming full circle, not the actual plot itself. I feel like it's just so obvious that Ichigo will pull off some kind of levelup, save the day, and then we'll see some happy/funny ending scenes between Ichigo/Rukia and whoever else.

I used to really like Bleach, but at this point I'm mainly continuing to read just because I want to know how it ends. Other than the occasional happy moment from seeing one of the minor characters I like, it's just dragging on painfully.
Why does one end a million dollar franchise?

I'm looking quite forward to the battles ahead for our dear fellow shinigami.

I mean, the vandenreich have had what, 1000 years to train in secret and become stronger? That's quite a long duration of training for just training on revenge against the shinigami.

Looking forward to seeing some of the arrancar come to play. Harribel, her fraccion, Nel and her fraccion have already appeared, and there's a very High chance that Grimm might make an appearance. This would be awesome seeing his rivalry reignite with Ichigo.

Although, I do hope that Rudobone makes a comeback. I know he was minor, but Kubo hasn't claimed that he is dead yet, so he could still be alive and help take over quincy headquarters while the quincy are fighting the shinigami.

And then there's the matchups. We've seen a few stern ritter, and their looks. Based on their looks, I'm gonna make assumptions.

Retsu will fight agains the creepy old quincy with the spiked mask and the long hair. For some weird reason, I see a resemblence with their appearances, and that makes me believe that we could see some fighting between the two. Maybe they know each other since Unohana might have been around back then?

The Big guy with the facial hair and short head hair will probably fight against either Komamura or Kenpachi. Brute vs brute. Who will win?

The mohawk guy? Why not fight against fellow mohawk Kensei.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why does one end a million dollar franchise?
When it rapidly declines in the millions it is making.

When you could take the good will you've earned from your fan base and try for another fresher million dollar franchise instead of souring that good will.

When it rapidly declines in the millions it is making.

When you could take the good will you've earned from your fan base and try for another fresher million dollar franchise instead of souring that good will.
which is why i will always applaud Ohba/Obata for ending Death Note and Bakuman in their prime before things turned sour.

While I agree things have gone downhill since the Aizen finale and now sub-contradictory Quincy reappearance, it is still an ok read. Just wish they'd reveal the rest of the bankais already, was half sickening how he wimped out on their use vs Aizen, going as far to actively work against Yamamato frying Aizen to a crisp. Honestly sans Ichigo, it seems the more powerful a character, the less likely it'll ever come out, even Aizen never used his.

Also, no way some random old Quincy leader beats Yamamoto, if they did something stupid like that, I would probably stop reading too.

while i agree that the fullbring arc was dumb as shit. I'm liking this new arc, I can't wait to see if new powers will be shown. hopefully shunsui's bankai, just because hes awesome.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
while i agree that the fullbring arc was dumb as shit. I'm liking this new arc, I can't wait to see if new powers will be shown. hopefully shunsui's bankai, just because hes awesome.
shinji's da bez
kyoraku #2

also kubo said in an interview he'd reveal kyoraku's bankai so yeah that's cool

I used to be a really big fan of Bleach too, but then it just started dragging on and on and on and on and on with its battles (taking literally months), and the anime just consisting of filler after filler after filler (so much filler that it screwed with the main plot), that nearly all my interest in the show has just died.

Tl/dr, I don't care if it's a million-dollar franchise, should've ended years ago.

i agree with everyone about the fillers dragging on and some arcs being completely retarded such as the boundt arc but if they ever want a new enemy the enemy has to have a worthwhile reason for being as strong as he is like the gigai arc the enemy was a 7th seat they need an enemy where they resort to squad zero and maybe show some more history on squad zero also to show Jūshirō and Shunsui bankais that would be great

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
speaking of good battle mangas that should have ended before it became shit, hitman reborn ended this week saving itself from a bleach related death. didnt want to make a new topic about it so i threw in here.

it was a good ride and hope amano's next work will be just as successful~

the whole arc after beating Aizen sucked completely, but I've actually liked this new (and supposedly final) arc quite a bit

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
man i've been considering starting that
is it worth it?
If you're referring to Reborn, it was pretty good. The first 60 chapters are solely a gag manga, but at 61 the first real arc starts. The characters are unique, the fights are pretty good, and there is a pretty interesting "power (reiatsu, chakra, etc.)" system.

As for Bleach, it really should have ended with the Aizen arc and Ichigo losing his powers.-. Also, going back and reading it it really didn't drag horribly--I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we are waiting a week for like 17 pages of stuff. The time frame is really stretched, as opposed to when you can just read a ton of chapters at once.

Also Ichigo is a Quincy 3_3

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I really liked Bleach up to the Hueco Mundo arc. After that, it's just seemed like Kubo got lazy and turned the plot into complete asspull. Super Saiyan 50 power level Aizen, Gin being a good guy, the entire fullbring arc, Ichigo's mother is a quincy etc. Now it seems like I'm only reading it because I've dedicated 400 chapters or so of reading already, might as well see the series to completion.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fullbring was shit, and the beginning of this arc was meh, but come on it's picked up the last few weeks. Everything from old man Yamamoto onward has been pretty ballin, and this latest revelation is pretty stunning. I don't have any proof, but this is so big it feels like he's planned this a while (watch me be dead wrong). I would not be satisfied with ending post-Aizen the way it was written because it just left so much unsaid about Ichigos past, and the future of Soul Society. My 2 bits on the subject.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bleach is absolutely foul stuff... it just smells awful, and over exposure can really fuck you up. I mean, it can kill you in a painful excruciating death; though it's possible to survive if they pump your stomach in ER fast enough.

Oh, we're talking about the MANGA... well, much of the above still applies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fullbring was shit, and the beginning of this arc was meh, but come on it's picked up the last few weeks. Everything from old man Yamamoto onward has been pretty ballin, and this latest revelation is pretty stunning. I don't have any proof, but this is so big it feels like he's planned this a while (watch me be dead wrong). I would not be satisfied with ending post-Aizen the way it was written because it just left so much unsaid about Ichigos past, and the future of Soul Society. My 2 bits on the subject.
This has actually been planned. Back a while ago when Aizen was talking about Ichigo and his past he said that he picked out Ichigo for his business because he was the offspring of a soul reaper and a- (cut off when isshiin arrived). So this does seem to be one part of the manga Kubo actually planned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)