Bleach Discussion Thread

You realize that once a character gets backstory in bleach, they're usually about to die right
But Kenpachi is still standing, don't ruin the fun :(

And yes, looking forward to (hopefully) the Rocky training montage. Who even knew Hisagi was hiding a bankai like pachinko head? Not to mention Sanjin reports to some giant dog it seems.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That gigantic dog looks like a Stoutland. Wait, what if it's the giant under the samurai armor in Komamura's Bankai?

Also, it's great that questions about Komamura's origin will finally (read: hopefully) be answered. I'm looking forward to shinigami training time and Ichigo's and Kenpachi's new Zanpakutō.

Finally, Mashiro is back! Huzzah!

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wonderweiss was modified by Aizen, explaining his massive strength boost and ability to defeat Mashiro, who was over-confident in her mask powers and lost to Wonderweiss after the mask broke. Keep in mind too that Mashiro was a lieutenant when she was exiled from Soul Society, so her abilities aren't exactly on par with those of a captain. Also, I think that Wonderweiss pulled his 1,000+ arm Resurrecíon on Kensei, who happens to be a close-range fighter.

Wonderweiss was modified by Aizen, explaining his massive strength boost and ability to defeat Mashiro, who was over-confident in her mask powers and lost to Wonderweiss after the mask broke. Keep in mind too that Mashiro was a lieutenant when she was exiled from Soul Society, so her abilities aren't exactly on par with those of a captain. Also, I think that Wonderweiss pulled his 1,000+ arm Resurrecíon on Kensei, who happens to be a close-range fighter.
True he was modified, but even given he's an espada-level arrancar, his sole purpose was pretty much to contain Yamamoto's bankai. So I kinda doubt that Aizen would reveal his ressurrecion against Kensei, as that could have potentially given it away to Yamamoto. I dunno, I could just be overestimating all the badly done power levels too, after all 2 vizored with their releases were defeated by Starrk, who then got beat by 1 captain's shikai as well. And Wonderweiss did impale Jushiro with his arm earlier too. If anything power levels in Bleach are all kinds of wacky. Best not to think about it I guess, just good that the two are still alive.

jrp

Banned deucer.
read this when i was at work and needed to talk about it somehwere but my phone died :(

man, Ichigo's gonna get a new zanpaktou? I think it'll be a modified version of zangetsu instead of a completely new one. Kind of like how you can transform Odin into Raiden into FFVI.

Bleach: Training Montage arc is in progress though!

I dont mind these training-type chapters. When you think about it, some of the captains/otherpeople sometimes seemed underwhelming, and made you question the strength of the Soul Society outside of a few of the captains. Not to mention Training chapters = more bankai reveals???? I think yes.

Personally, I think the thousand year war arc is phenomenal. I would love for the anime to restart, but my understanding is that that won't happen. Regarding the manga though, I'm excited for the zanpaktou, and I hope that Ichigo gets an even cooler bankai.

His last bankai only made him faster, it'll be nice for him to get some other benefit but if he becomes slow because of this it'd be rather bad. Also since the hollow turns out to be part of Ichigo he should get another mask at some point

read this when i was at work and needed to talk about it somehwere but my phone died :(

man, Ichigo's gonna get a new zanpaktou? I think it'll be a modified version of zangetsu instead of a completely new one. Kind of like how you can transform Odin into Raiden into FFVI.

Bleach: Training Montage arc is in progress though!
Hopefully it won't be like exchanging Odin for Gilgamesh in FF8 though...

So, Stoutland is Sanjin's grandpappy, who knew? Does that mean he can walk on 2 legs as well and wield a zanpakuto? But yeah, who knew there was a race of giant dogs in soul society as well...

Speculation: Sanjin's bankai is his "true" form, would also explain why they are linked so heavily and can be healed unlike other bankais.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Personally, I think the thousand year war arc is phenomenal. I would love for the anime to restart, but my understanding is that that won't happen. Regarding the manga though, I'm excited for the zanpaktou, and I hope that Ichigo gets an even cooler bankai.
If it restarts, let it be after the manga ends (or near the end of the manga's life; that is, no more fillers).

Thoughts on chapter have been shared by others. I do want to know what Akon saw Captain Kurotsuchi doing...

If it restarts, let it be after the manga ends (or near the end of the manga's life; that is, no more fillers).

Thoughts on chapter have been shared by others. I do want to know what Akon saw Captain Kurotsuchi doing...
I'd initially say mating with his offspring to produce an even more hideous creation, but probably not...super mod souls or something?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh...oh my! Even before this chapter happened, many were saying Ywach and Zangetsu were somehow related.

Must go back and reread this.

Ugh...major mindfuck...yeah this is going to take some re-reading...

So, asauchis are made the same way as whitey? And all this time his "bankai" was Quincy powers, likely his final form thing?

Yeah, this is gonna take a bit of time to digest...

Atleast it explains how Aizen knew about ichigos birth. Pretty cool chapter. Can't wait to see how it'll develop.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
...and that's how you do a reveal. Great chapter this week. It had stuff that people wanted to see: fanservice, storyline advancement, and a well-done plot twist.[/sarcasm]

Yea, I'm going to reread this chapter as well.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
Um, I'm not the best person to explain this, but after re-reading this chapter, here's my view on this:

Old Man Zangetsu = An image of Juha Bach / Juhabach / Yhwach / whatevz from 1000 years ago that represents Ichigo's Quincy powers and disguised itself as his Zanpakutō.

Hichigo / White = The hollow that attacked Masaki 9 years ago and became Ichigo's inner hollow. Similar in composition to Nimaiya's Asauchi (as confirmed by Nimaiya's explanation) and his true Zanpakutō.

That's as far as I understand. The Mangastream translation is clearer than Mangapanda's translation, if that helps anything.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
so i guess this tells us kubo did actually have this planned for a good while rather than just making this shit up recently?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll try the manga stream one-- thanks trini. This is why I wish we could see raws. :/

edit: Alright, the manga stream version made WAY more sense than what I read at Manga Eden. I feel like I actually understand what's going on now.

religiousjedi

Old man.
You know, iirc, wasn't it stated by Kubo that the enemy in this final arc was going to be someone we knew already? Here's our answer.

(Noes, it cannot be Urahara...pwease...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)