Blitzkrieg UU

Blitzkrieg UU​

Overview

My goal during the inception of the team was to create a team with fast offensive sweepers and solid defensive options that harkens back to the days ADV OU, the period when I first discovered the world of pokemon. Now with that in mind, the above team was created with pokemon gifted with a veritably high speed stat (with the exception of the walls) and the inclusion of two of my favorite generation 3 pokemon Milotic (whose 81 base speed isin't too shabby for a defensive pokemon) and Flygon who form a great core and compliment each other's weakness well. I've had a fair amount of success on PS with a 1900+ Glicko rating and have no doubt I could go a further with it.

The Team

Crobat (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 136 Spd / 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost

The standard wallbreaker set that is the bane of many pokemon in the tier and checks the numerous fighting types that litter the tier. I usually tend to lead with Crobat when I spot annoying status inducers or to act as a deterrent to setting up hazards early or against the various other novelty teams like Hail and Trick Room etc. And after much debate and playtesting I've settled on Infiltrator over Inner Focus as the former has been more situationally useful over the latter. Crobat has won it's fair share of games for me and is an integral part of the team, which would otherwise be stopped dead in its tracks by stall teams.

Flygon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature

- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Only outsped by Scarf Mienshao or the rare Scarf Raikou, Flyon works excellently on this team thanks to immunities to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, a handy resistance to Stealth Rock and can pick off weakened teams with ease, albeit not as effectively as Heracross or Mienshao. However it's decent bulk enabling it to take on most neutral attacks atleast once and base 100 speed wins favor over Mienshao and Heracross respectively. All in all, it's great typing offsets it's deficiencies and works well with the next pokemon on this list to finish off weakened teams.

Arcanine (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 HP / 4 SDef / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch

Now before you bemoan this choice and cite the other Fire type powerhouses as superior options, on a team without rapid spin or cleric support Arcanine has proven to be a lot more useful especially with a Choice Band. I've dabbled with a Life Orb with Morning Sun and a three attack set before but soon realized that I was merely prolonging its inevitable demise while completely killing the team's momentum. Now the Choice Band set on the other hand has proven to be a revelation. It's sheer unpredictabilty and power alone has won me more games than I can count. I've settled with Crunch over Wild Charge as it dispatches Chandlure on the switch in and can 2HKO a slightly weakened Slowbro. While it does require a good sense of prediction to work effectively, the rewards far outweigh any potentially lost momentum. As an added bonus Arcanine is bulky enough thanks to Intimidate to handle the other powerful fire types and OHKO them and can also easily take unboosted attacks from the powerful fighting types. And last but certainly not least, which bring me to the reason why Arcanine has proven to be a match winner: ExtremeSpeed.

252Atk Choice Band Intimidate Arcanine (+Atk) ExtremeSpeed vs 4HP/0Def Mienshao (Neutral): 70% - 83% (193 - 228 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Flash Fire Arcanine (+Atk) ExtremeSpeed vs 4HP/0Def Damp Kingdra (Neutral): 45% - 54% (134 - 158 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 13% chance to 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Intimidate Arcanine (+Atk) ExtremeSpeed vs 4HP/0Def Weavile (Neutral): 64% - 75% (181 - 214 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Intimidate Arcanine (+Atk) ExtremeSpeed vs 4HP/0Def Sharpedo (Neutral): 92% - 108% (260 - 306 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 52% chance to OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band IntimidateArcanine (+Atk) ExtremeSpeed vs 4HP/0Def Venomoth (Neutral): 68% - 80% (193 - 228 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Intimidate Arcanine (+Atk) ExtremeSpeed vs 4HP/0Def Honchkrow (Neutral): 62% - 74% (215 - 254 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

I find myself leading with Arcanine if the opponent has a Bronzong or Sableye to nail something hard on the switch.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 Def / 240 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Haze

The defensive pivot of the team. It's well distributed stats and wonderful ability which lets it act as a status absorber enables it to wall dangerous threats like Snorlax and other set up boosters like Nasty Plot Cofagrigus, Bulk Up Scrafty etc and makes opponents think twice about that Will-O-Wisp, which when coupled with Scald has led many a physically based offensive team to raqequit. Haze over Dragon Tail to prevent being set up bait by Substitute users (looking at you Kingdra). The Speed EV's are to outspeed Nidoqueen that invest just enough to outspeed the standard Milotic. Now the one major drawback to using Milotic is the ubiquity of Roserade in the tier.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

One of the premier special weepers in the tier. Works great in tandem with Milotic to check counters like Zapdos and other Electric types that make switching into Flygon a risk due to HP Ice. The standard SubCM set that can win games easily by setting up on a lot of defensive pokemon like Porygon2, Amonguss, Umbreon etc. It's abilty to force a lot of switches makes setting up very easy, especially when you U-turn to Rakou when the opponent has Swampert or Rhyperior just to bluff HP Grass makes a lot of difficult match ups end up in your favor.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 76 SDef / 252 HP / 180 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Last and in this rare case the least valuable member of the team, Bronzong. For lack of a better choice I've settled on Bronzong, as it's numerous resistances and formidable defenses compliments the team well and can take both physical and special hits, while providing great utility in Stealth Rock and Toxic to cripple walls without rest or teams without a cleric. Additionally, it has access a very useful attack in Gyro Ball that dispatches many frail speedy threats like Mienshao, Weavile, Ambipom etc. However it's not without it's fair share of drawbacks. It usually ends up as set up bait or offers easy switch ins to dangerous fire types at the cost of setting up Stealth Rock, while an Earthquake on a predicted switch-in does pittance in damage to them. Now ideally I'd like to replace it with an useful wall that can set up Stealth Rock and not have a crippling weakness to Ice and maybe access U-turn to boot. Now I wonder if such a pokemon exists.

Threats and Weaknesses

The above core is the single greatest threat to this team. Roserade is bulky enough to eat a few Ice Beams while switching in on Milotic and in Sleep Powder possess the ability to make a match 6v5 and making Arcanine useless with Spikes and patching up the only threat to Rhyperior. While Rhyperior can switch in on anything bar Milotic with reckless abandon and once they both have set up entry hazards, it's too steep of an uphill battle. My only hope is to switch in to Raikou with U-turn on weakened Rhyperior hoping they switch fearing HP Grass allowing me to get a few CM boots, and to sacrfice Arcanine, since it's pretty much useless once entry hazards are up early to dent something. Needless to say it doesn't always work and is completly undone if the opponent also happens to have a Snorlax, but I've managed to win my fair share of these games against skilled opponents.

Additional threats include hail teams with
if Raikou is out of the picture.

Stall teams with
to prevent a Raikou set up sweep and residual damage based teams.

Thanks for reading and feel free to try out the team for yourself and any input is greatly appreciated.

Team Import

Crobat (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 136 Spd / 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 76 SDef / 252 HP / 180 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 HP / 4 SDef / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 Def / 240 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Haze

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Flygon (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nice team.
I recommend to change bronzong for drudiggon because he can para your opponents team and set up sr, here is the set:
Druddigon (M) @ Leftovers/ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Glare
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Dragon Claw

Thanks for that suggestion Mew2. I hadn't even considered Druddigon as an option before. However, I seem to have some reservations on picking him due to the Dragon typing. The team has had a hard time with Hail based teams and adding Druddigon to the mix futher exacerbates the issue, while Bronzong on the other hand held his own with a handy resistance to Blizzard and possesing an answer with Gyro Ball.

Decided to try out Nidoking in place of Bronzong and I'm liking it so far. The results have been good so far as well.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

For the Nidoking set you are willing to run, running a Bulky Nidoqueen set can also help in replace for more bulk and still have firepower along with it. This set can be the most useful if wanting to try it out:
Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Hp / 200 SpAtk / 56 Def
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Roar / Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Hope this set can help and be a useful option instead of Nidoking or Brongzong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)