1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Blitzkrieg

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Nights of Days, Aug 12, 2013.

?

What would you rate this Team?

Poll closed Aug 22, 2013.
  1. 1

75.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

25.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nights of Days

Nights of Days

I created this team with absolute offense in mind because I haven't tried hyper offense other than TR before. And since most pokemons in this team focus around speed, I call it BlitzKrieg. Any way I probably will need some help to improve it.

Changes in Bold.

386-attack.png
    To start off, what better hyper offense Pokemon than LO-Deo-A?

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 184 Atk / 88 SAtk / 236 Spd
    Rash Nature
    - Psycho Boost
    - Ice Beam
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Superpower
    • The Psycho Boost is for the super powerful stab and to hit Ghost Arceus hard. Ice Beam to take out dragons. Extreme speed is to revenge boosted foes or other priority users such EKA. And Superpower is take out things such as Dialga and Ferrothorn. The Atk Ev is to K0 some of the more defensive Ferrothorn with Superpower and hit EKA a bit harder with ExtremeSpeed. And SAtk Ev and Nature is to increase the power of Psycho Boost and Ice beam.
    • I might want to boost speed to out speed skarfed base 90s or 95s or make it more specially based to hit more bulky Ghost Arceus harder with Psycho Boost.
    493ghost.png
    Just an ExtremeSpeed wont take out an EKA, so an offensive counter is Ghost Arceus. Annoying how the meta is broken and every team needs to build a counter for EKA.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 132 Def / 124 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Calm Mind
    - Judgment
    - Focus Blast
    - Recover
    • Went with a Special variant so that when Giratina uses Will-O-Wisp it only wastes time and the unboosted attacks are more powerful than the physical variants. Judgement is a powerful stab, and it gets near perfect coverage with Focus Blast which can K0 EKA without heavy SDef and HP investment. But hate how it misses, why doesn't Arceus get Aura Spere. Calm Mind is to set up on weaker pokemon and when some pokemon is at -2 or predicted switchs. Recover is to heal off damage when getting boosts and because it doesn't need any more coverage.
    • The misses with Focus Blasts have cost me alot of games, so I might change to a physical set. But if I do, I probably will change Deoxys to be more Specially based.
    462014-palkia.png
    Now I thought that I would need a fast revenge killer, so I immediately thought of things like SkarfRai as I have had success with it before, but felt that it would mainly be relegated to dedicated lead, so then I thought of Palkia. It would be a great counter to things like Genesect or Kyogre and has a great speed. Then I realized how a Timid SkarfPalkia doesn't do well against any thing bulky. But Choice Specs would.

Palkia @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Fire Blast
    - Spacial Rend
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunder
    • It might be surprising to not see Draco Meteor on a Specs Palkia, but I use Palkia as a sweeper so the -2 really isn't favorable and Spacial Rend does the job well with, especially with the nifty crit-boost. It is my go to move but Hydro Pumps is for the insane power when the rain is up. Fire Blast is for Ferrothorn even under rain and Thunder is to take out Kyogre. While all these are powerful, I hate the terrible accuraty even the 95% of Spacial Rend costs me games at times. The EV and Nature is to have skyhigh attack while still maintaining Palkia's niche for being a fast Specs-er.
    • I might change to the more accurate versons of attacks like flame thrower, and surf, and may be even Tbolt to hit HoOh in the sun. Ofc Lugia can be a problem at times as it out speeds Palkia and can sub stall till I miss or run out of PP, so I still have to rely on Arceus.
    genosect_by_pokedex_himori-d32apkw.png
    I still needed a Skarfer, and Genesect seemed like the perfect choice after Palkia, with it's insane ability to keep momentum. It is great for scouting and is often my lead. I chose the physical variant for the boost on U-Turn since thats what it will be doing the most.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    - Flamethrower
    - Ice Beam
    • U-Turn is self explanatory and Iron Head is for the flinching chance and another STAB. Ice beam is to take out renegade dragon types like Rayquaza or Garchomp. Then the Flamethrower is to take out other Genesect if win the speed-tie since Palkia won't really be taking out other Genesects. I wanted to add explosion but felt the other moves were more important. The Nature and Ev spread is standard, not much to say about that.
    • Not much to change here.. but I was thinking about Zekrom to be able to take out HoOh and Lugia better
    This used to be a SkarfShaymin, but I'v changed it to Wallbreaker Rayquaza on Sweep's suggestion. While this fails to out speed SkarfPalkia, it does provide another priority and a better way to beat HoOh even in the Sun. It also can check weather dependers like Excadrill, Kingdra, Venasaur, etc.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
    Trait: Air Lock
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Outrage
    - ExtremeSpeed

• Draco Meteor is a strong move to hit any thing that is not steel and Fire Blast is to cover that, and take out things like Ferrothorn. Outrage is to be able to be used after -2 or on Special Walls. Then Extreme Speed is to pick off weakened foes but too bad it fails to out speed EKA's Extreme Speed. The Nature and Ev is to boost Rayquaza's speed and its powerful Draco Meteor.
    383Groudon_AG_anime.png
    Not having a weather shifter in Ubers is a bad idea, so I chose Sun because I can afford to have it up. Shaymin takes out most Chlorophyll abusers and Blazekin. While I would have a hard time taking out the opponents hydrorest Manaphy, Kingdra, or for sand Excadrill. Since my team doesn't really have any EKA check, I changed my offensive groudon to physically defensive based on Sweep's suggestion.

Groudon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 248 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd
    Impish
    Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail
    - Stone Edge
    • Rocks are to punish switches especially HoOh. Earthquake is for a strong stab. The Stone edge is to take out HoOh. The Evs are to take better hits and even survive a +2 ESpeed from an Adamant 252 LO-EKA after rocks. Dragon Tail is to phase the boosts, but I do miss Fire Punch when Ferrothorns come in to set up.

Things I was thinking about:
    -
    Having a Darkrai, skarfed or not, as it usually takes an opponents pokemon out of the fight with Dark Void. But I don't know what I would replace it with.
    -May be HoOh or Reshram to abuse Groudon's sun but I don't have any spinners

Go Ahead: Criticize, Rate, Comment and Steal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  2. Sweep

Sweep
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

A few notes:

1. Do not run two scarfers, ever. It makes your team susceptible to stall and balance, and can give set-up sweepers a chance to wreak havoc. Change your shaymin-S to either Sub-Seed or Life Orb, if you keep it at all.

2. Run max speed of Ghostceus, it needs that extra speed to ensure it outruns the Lati's and speed ties with other max speed Arceus. Most players prefer bulk investment over max Special Attack, but you can use 252 special attack if you want to hit stuff harder right off the bat and potentially kill offensive Ho-Oh at +1 after SR.

3. You need a more reliable check to SD Arceus forms, as Ghostceus will not always beat them (Focus Blast often misses vs. EKiller and Steelceus). I would make your Groudon Physically Defensive, with a 248 HP 240 Defense 16 Speed spread, and an Impish nature. Replace Fire Punch with Dragon Tail. Stone Edge is good for Ho-Oh and hope 16 speed EV's are enough to creep defensively-oriented firebirds. Use Leftovers over Life Orb.

Your team hates hazards, Ho-Oh, lead Dialga, and Swift Swimmers. Shaymin-S can sorta deal with Deoxys-S and the Swift Swimmers (though if Omastar gets off a smash on Air Slash in rain you're done for). However, I would try to use another mon that can deal with three of these threats. A mixed wallbreaker Rayquaza can beat Ho-Oh after SR, dispose of Swift Swimmers, hold Deoxys-S to one hazard (it might even Taunt you to prevent you from setting up), and does huge damage to Dialga with Earthquake, V-Create, or Draco Meteor. It also holds Custap Forry to one hazard with smart play (in other words, save your fire move until turn 2) and annoys Skarmory. Rayquaza doesn't shut down Ho-Oh, Dialga, or hazard setters but can limit their impact vs. your team, as well as giving you another option to hit Chansey which seems very annoying. With Genesect, Ghostceus, Specs Palkia, and hopefully Impish Groudon, your team can check some of the games most deadly pokemon while hitting extremely hard and fast.

PS: I would use a set of Outage, Extremespeed, Fire Blast, and Draco Meteor on your mixed wallbreaker Rayquaza with Life Orb, but the choice is up to you. Earthquake can be used over Outrage to help vs. Heatran. Lemme know if you want a suggested EV spread but as everyone uses Rayquaza a little differently I will let you make a spread you feel comfortable with. Cool team and good luck!
    scotti and Hack like this.
  3. Nights of Days

Nights of Days

I will try the raquaza, what do you think about V-Create? And should i just run a physical Ghostceus?
  4. Shaymin 492

Shaymin 492

As Sweep said, Ghostceus is a shabby check to EKiller, so you probably should change Fire Punch the Dragon Tail. Max Sp. Attack Ghostceus fails to OHKO 0 HP Ekiller (they're freaking everywhere), and if Ghostceus has taken damge, then it's gg. Also, Scarf Palkia can give your team some trouble once Scarf Skymin is dead (trust me, it dies a LOT, I've used it), as it outspeeds Deo-A and Genesect and can kill with a Surf. I'm not sure what to do with the Shaymin, it looks sort of place. Also, if Lugia has Dragon Tail, it walls much of your team since Deo-A will die quickly and can phaze out Ghostceus' boosts. Not much else to say, I'm pretty sure I missed some things and/or gotten things wrong because this is my first rate.
  5. Sweep

Sweep
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Keep CM Ghostceus, and while Mixed Wallbreaker Rayquaza ruins most steels (Bronzong, Ferrothorn, Arceus-Steel) with Fire Blast anyway, V-Create is an option. Rayquaza will hate the speed loss though, and the defense drops make it vulnerable to getting picked off by a priority move.
  6. Donkey

Donkey

1. Never speak in absolutes. I have seen plenty of successful teams run dual scarfers. If played right you won't let anything set up.
    Matt Tuck likes this.
  7. Haruno

Haruno Sprouts > Kale
    is a Tiering Contributor

Kinda late so can't really rate but I Advise running

shiny genesect @ choice scarf
    Hasty
    252 atk/252spd/4SpA
    Blaze kick
    Uturn
    Ice beam
    Iron head

Blaze kick is more reliable than flamethrower since unlike flamethrower, it can 2hko standard specially defensive ferro in rain with a download boost. It hits pretty much everything harder than flamethrower would bar forry but your team has enough special attackers to deal with forry so it isn't much of a consequence.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)