Blowing Kisses

Hey. This is my first RMT on this forum but I've used shoddy before and I wanted to see if I could improve the team I'm currently using. My team plays on the offensive side because I really hate stall. You'll see that I sorta based my team on my anti-lead togekiss. I wanted to find a lead that could take on all of the common OU leads and I think my togekiss gets really close at this.

At a glance:

-------------------------

The Team:

Togekiss (Shiro) @

Nature: Timid
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Moveset:
Airslash
Fire Blast
Hidden Power
Trick

Why Togekiss? Because he's different. He gives a surprise right from the beginning of the battle which hopefully goes to my favor. He's underestimated as a lead and sometimes forgotten in the OU tier. I hope with this team to prove togekiss has great potential as a lead.

Why this set? Scarf is great on togekiss. jirachis try to trick me and find out i'm scarfed too =D Timid nature to out speed protect-sub ninjask b4 speed boost &maybe even lucario, mamoswine, and adamant gyarados after i trick(although the first two hav priority) Modest could be used for more power. max ev's on spatk and spe are obvious. airslash is a great move with all the speed to hav some flinch hax fun & hits those machamps hard. fire blast hits meta &jirachi. hp ice for aerodactyl for the 2KO while he taunts. also for anti-lead dragonite &salamence and gliscor -all rare but its a good move for later in the game. aura sphere could go here for tyranitar leads but i lose anyway since i do 88% at max while he OHKOs with stone edge. trick on swampert &it'll also be useful for later in the game.

Scizor (Aka) @

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe
Moveset:
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Superpower

Why Scizor? scizor has always been a good pokemon on my teams. his typing is rly useful for the synergy in many of teams, boasting that unique bug/steel combo thats exclusive to him and Fortress. sizors base 130 atk always brings the hurt, paring it with tech+stab+priority, u'll find scizors usefulness almost everytime.

Why this set? Yea it's standard but why change anything thats perfect? CB raises his attack to 591. u-turn not only scouts but puts dents on anything that doesnt resist it. BP is scizors favorite move. pursuit catches those runaway ghosts. superpower on blissey, tyranitar, and if i feel an incoming magnezone. they get screwed over if i predict right. 248 HP evs help me come in more times in SR which i've found very useful. maximize atk and the rest in speed.

Flygon (Midori) @

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
Moveset:
U-Turn
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Why Flygon? Flygon makes an awesome partner with scizor especially with his many resistances. He also absorbs electric moves aimed at togekiss and those annoying thunder wavers. If flygon could only learn dragon dance, I'd use him over salamence any day cause flygon looks a lot cooler. But flygon still makes a great scouter with his fast u-turns and hits hard with strong stabs.

Why this set? As much as i love the raw power of a Banded Flygon, scarf helps flygon scout more appropriately which is his main job on this team. Jolly nature is used over adamant so that i speed tie with +1 Salamence. Hopefully i win &kill with outrage. EQ is probably my least used move on this set since i cant afford flyers and leviators coming in &forcing me to switch.
But its a great move later in the game when i see that the rest of my opponents pokes are grounded. EQ also doesnt get me trapped like Outrage. Fire Blast is my only way of hitting skarm but needs alot of prediction. its crucial at the end if his last poke is skarm or fortress

Jirachi (Kiiro) @

Nature: Impish
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/ 160 Def/ 76 SpD/ 32 Spe
Moveset:
Stealth Rock
U-turn
Thunder Wave
Iron Head

Why Jirachi? Jirachi was originally chosen for his capabilities of wish passing. Jirachi can also perform para haxing like togekiss. Crippling every poke in sight is also something that the rest of my team enjoys.

Why this set? This is the wish passing set but without wish. I needed a stealth rocker &jirachi was the only one on me team who could learn it. Jirachi doesnt have a hard time setting up SR bcuz of his bulk. after i set up, i could u-turn out or t-wave. Jirachi becomes my third u-turn user, allowing me to spam u-turn with flygon, scizor, and jirachi. These three cover each others weaknesses perfectly so u-turning in and out between them won't be hard.

Machamp (Kuro) @

Nature: Adamant
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/ 244 Atk/ 12 Spe
Moveset:
Dynamicpunch
Stone Edge
Pay Back
Substitute

Why Machamp? Resistance to dark is useful on any team, even tho my team has no weakness to it. Machamp activates those lum berries with Dpunch so that jirachi can t-wave a lot easier. Machamp can also take rock type attacks for togekiss.

Why this set? maximize hp for bulkiness. i took some atk EVs for spe so that i always beat other machamps to the Dpunch. lefties makes this guy even more bulky. nothing in the game resists all three of my attacks. stone edge hits mence, gyara, and nite. pay back is for ghosts who try to come in on my dynamicpunches. sub on champ is rly good. sub on anything that runs away from me &attacks appropriately. it saves me from status which can be annoying.
on an off note i named him Kuro(black) because Gurei sounded dumb.

Suicune (Ao) @

Nature:
Ability:
EVs:
Moveset:
Calm Mind
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power

Why Suicune? originally i had an LO starmie here. starmie hits a lot harder and can recover off damage. but i felt starmie was way too frail &went down rly fast. i needed a special attacker that can get rid of certain threats. suicunes water typing also gives another fire resistance that i need.

Why this set? i chose to go with an offensive suicune. the water-ice-electric combo gives excellent coverage. CM boosts suicunes special atk and gives him slight bulk against t-bolts &grass knots. i've been thinking of changing his LO for leftovers because he has no way of healing and the 10% recoil doesnt help.

I don't really want to go through the entire OU pokemon list telling you how i get around them but i will tell you of the pokemon that gives my team some trouble sometimes.

Threats:

Gyarados- after a DD i dont have much to stop it except flygon.
SkarmBliss- these two together gets annoying &takes a while to get around.
Infernape: mixed variants are hazardous to my team. suicune stops it but gets hurt in the procress. there was this scarfed one who also gave my team a hard time.

So that's my team. Thanks for reading (=
hope u can give it a rate &im open to any suggestions. this took a long time so feedback would be much appreciated!

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hey Greetings,

Well done rmt and quite interesting in fact seeing as no one rated this I thought I would give it a go.

Right of the bat I note that heatran can really be taking advantage over your team and causing you trouble and you might not even be realizing it. It stops half your team from keeping the offensive momentum and causes you to switch in Suicune or either Flygon into a fire blast. Noting that suicune has life orb and after stealth rock life orb and sand stream damage there isn't much left in that poke to actually survive for more then three to four turns after all those variables.

The second biggest issue / threat for this team is entry hazards. Keeping in mind that stealth rock / spikes / toxic spikes can cause a toll to any team but especially yours since two of your sweepers are highly affected by them. This goes back to my first point where I said the team can easily be weakened down and completely halted by stall. Foretress and Skarmory easily set up spikes and toxic spikes on jirachi and while your taking the time to set up your stealth rock. They also get to phaze you eventually leading to them setting up layers in a jiff.

To reduce the chance of this from happening you should consider using starmie over suicune. Only because of two reasons, 1. You have a valuable rapid spinner aiding machamp, 2. With base stat of 115 speed that helps you out speed many base 100 pokemon which suicune can't do for you and life orb gives you reliable power immediately instead of racking up calm minds with suicune because in no time you will lose all your hit points. Even if you predict right and hydro pump over rapid spinning noting the obvious ghost switch in you get an easy 2hko on the pesky rotom with hydro+ice beam!

Starmie @Life Orb
~ Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
~ Recover
~ Rapid Spin

If you are planning to use Ice Beam over Thunderbolt I suggest you use thunderpunch on flygon!

~G'day

thanks for the rate. so i guess i had it right in the beginning. getting rid of rocks does sound helpful. my old LO starmie didnt run rapid spin. &i'll try thunderpunch over fire blast?

i'll be making changes when i have time. anyone else got suggestions?

Hey I got the message, I'd highly recommend using Starmie as the above poster said. As a failsafe, you should give Flygon Stone Edge over Fire Blast to revenge Gyara without resorting to Outrage in the early game.

Even with Starmie, stall is a big problem here. You don't have anything of breaking it, and everyone is hit hard by entry hazards (although Starmie helps). I know you like Togekiss, but I think Gliscor would be a grand idea. its helps break stall superbly, is a great lead, and covers a SD Lucario weakness you have. Speaking of, Jirachi should really have Fire Punch for that reason, try U-turn. Also, Gliscor + Starmie together are great partners (Gliscor lures in bulky waters for Starmie, starmie lures in things like Tyranitar and Jolteon for Gliscor).

That's all I got, hope it helped.

Ok i got your VM,

First use this EV spread for suicune: 176Hp 80Spe 252Sp.Atk and give it lefties to fake a defensive set. Your team seems pretty sturdy having good synergy between pokes, although a sub gengar with a bit of prediction could cause a little bit of trouble for you, but your team handles that pretty well, so good job there. I don't see any glaring weakness.

Good Luck!

@smith:i could try gliscor, but to be honest i'd rather replace the rest of my pokes on this team than togekiss.
was wondering why stone edge >thunderpunch? stone edge doesn't guaranty a KO even after SR damange on gyara while thunderpunch does on both offensive &bulky(bulky w/ SR)
fire punch on jirachi does sound more appealing since i've been finding that u-turning aimlessly gets boring. but i mostly use it to get in SR then u-turn out. i'll give fire punch a go.
@kidx:that suicune sounds fun to use. i'll try it out after testing starmie.

Thanks guys. this rly helps(=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)