Tournament BLT: Finals [Won by Geosenge Garchomps]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by sirDonovan, Credit to Scene for the layout

Welcome to the finals of the Best Leaderboarders Tournament! The format of this tournament is simple: there will be 2 groups with 4 teams in each. Within each group, the four teams face each of the other three teams in their group once. After three weeks, the teams will be ranked (3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss). The top two teams advance from their groups, while the rest are eliminated. From here, the top 4 teams that advance will verse each other in single elimination format, for the semi-finals and then finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon ORAS tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS. Series are best of one.

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

• Sportsmanship: don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment for this could be a server ban (which means an instant loss for you), forum infraction or disqualification. Think before you type, please.

• Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, I'll have to make some activity calls - I'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry.

• Disconnections and timer: a timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.

• Ghosting and identity: don't take or give battle advice or make moves based on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught and you will be disqualified. Don't be silly.

• Substitutions: managers are free to sub in players for inactive ones at any stage of the tournament

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

Black Group vs White Group
Geosenge Garchomps (Vapo) - Anistar Aegislashes (TheEpicBro)
Geosenge Garchomps (4) vs. Anistar Aegislashes (2)

Ubers: Wombology vs. Valetta
OU: IvoPost vs. Genesis7
UU: Vapo vs. Slate.
RU: soTsoT vs. Scald
NU: iplaytennislol vs. AV99
LC: TerribleThomas vs. FlareonZ
Doubles OU: unfixable vs. SupahGassy

To the players: Remember to use the Indigo Plateau room to discuss everything about BLT and find your opponents! No deadline, just get your matches done. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
It's all coming down to this...

Let's go ANISTAR AEGISLASHES!

Edit: glhf guys, this'll be an amazing finals :]

(we're still winning but w/e)

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Good luck, awtg and co.
Gonna dedicate this to Jack Dalton. Couldn't have made it to this point without you.

Lets go Geosenge Garchomps !!1!

Ubers: Wombology vs. Valetta I think she'll outplay wombo, no offense to him though
OU: IvoPost vs. Genesis7 Solid player in the tier. Difficult to beat
UU: Vapo vs. Slate. My baby girl Vapo better come through or I'll buy everyone pizza.
RU: soTsoT vs. scald Sorry Scald but sot is a better player imo.
NU: iplaytennislol vs. AV99 proved he can lose but won't lose twice
LC: TerribleThomas vs. FlareonZ Fuck LC imo. But in all seriousness I have no clue who wins
Doubles OU: unfixable vs. SupahGassy Can he win two in a row? Tune in this week to find out.

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Ubers: Wombology vs. Valetta
OU: IvoPost vs. Genesis7
UU: Vapo vs. Slate.
RU: soTsoT vs. Scald
NU: iplaytennislol vs. AV99
LC: TerribleThomas vs. FlareonZ
Doubles OU: unfixable vs. SupahGassy

First time doing predictions so yea. Shoutouts to MiltankMilk, Petyer, Anto, Vapo, Megazard Z, awtg, Feliburn, Donny, xShiba, scalding, ready2go202, mayomayo, valetta, jack dalton, TOURN-E, silverwhiteblue, Mar1onette, angeela, zappo7, and nuggetman. for making my experience in the pokemon showdown's tournament room hella fun. I wish i got to play PSPL for tournaments but that's ok. Vapo, Valetta, Scald, i wish you luck in your games homies. :]

Last edited:
It's finally come! Although me and my squad didn't make it, I'm still pretty hyped to see this go down. Honestly rooting for the Garchomps, as jack was a homie who helped me out so much on PS! and was one of the first people on this site I looked up to. So seeing his team win would be fucking awesome! However it turns out though, I wish everyone the best of luck and to also remember to enjoy yourselves.

Guess I'll throw in my predictions:

Ubers: Wombology vs. Valetta - *insert pointless and repetitive explanation here*

OU: IvoPost vs. Genesis7 - Based of records and general knowledge of ability I think Genesis will win this one.

UU: Vapo vs. Slate. - *insert another pointless and repetitive explanation here*

RU: soTsoT vs. Scald - Both are solid players who have proven themselves, but soTsoT is a forgot god, who dominates at this game.

NU: iplaytennislol vs. AV99 - *insert yet another pointless and repetitive explanation here*

LC: TerribleThomas vs. FlareonZ - Don't know TT to well nor have I seen him play, whilst I have seen a lot of FlareonZ and know his a solid player.

Doubles OU: unfixable vs. SupahGassy - Unfixable is trash rof. Jokes aside this should be a good one to watch and could go either way,but I think Supah will pull through.

Reactions: ant

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
tsb how tf do you have soTsoT losing he's literally undefeated

yo soTsoT for MVP dude doesn't get enough credit for the work he's been putting in

edit: not being serious lol was meant to be a shoutout for my man not an attack towards tsb

Last edited:

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
tsb how tf do you have soTsoT losing he's literally undefeated

yo soTsoT for MVP dude doesn't get enough credit for the work he's been putting in
cause I'm a cute user, also they are predictions who really gives a shit especially when they arent even about you

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Good luck to both teams!
Geosenge Garchomps vs. Anistar Aegislashes
Ubers: Wombology vs. Valetta - Lol Valetta is unstoppable in ubers ngl
OU: IvoPost vs. Genesis7 - don't really know either player, tiebreaker here
UU: Vapo vs. Slate. - Sorry Nolan but Vapo will be the nerd to come out on top
RU: soTsoT vs. Scald - solid player n_n, dont really know soTsoT
NU: iplaytennislol vs. AV99 - will win if AV99 doesn't bring rain ;^)
LC: TerribleThomas vs. FlareonZ - got rekt in a tourney by him, rip
Doubles OU: unfixable vs. SupahGassy - cool dude, haven't really seen Supah play doubles but unfixable is solid at it from what I've seen.

Reactions: ant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)