Tournament BLT II: Finals [Won by Fletchinder Eterna]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Art and Approval from sirDonovan, Credit to Spy for the layout

Welcome to the finals of BLT II! Congratulations to the Vermillion Volcaronas and Fletchinder Eterna for making it this far. We're in for an exciting week one rematch! This will work almost identically to the group stages, with the seven players of each team facing off in a best of one series. There is no deadline, but try to get your matches done in a timely manner. Good luck to everyone!

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment could be as severe as a server ban (which is an instant loss for you), forum infraction, or disqualification. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend[ to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified.

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with anyone on this list. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

___vs._

Fletchinder Eterna (anto) - Vermillion Volcaronas (Winry)

Fletchinder Eterna (4) vs. (1) Vermillion Volcaronas

Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Pohjis
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Scyther no Swiping
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Eyan
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Arifeen (replay)
NU: M&M suspect test vs. AV99 (logs)
LC: Lepros vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom (logs)
DOU: miltankmilk vs. EXAMPLE000 (replay)

To the players: Remember to use Tournaments chat's new private room, The Dojo, to discuss everything about BLT and find your opponents! Again, these matchups do not have a deadline, but try to get them done in a timely manner. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Fletchinder Eterna (3) - Vermillion Volcaronas (4)
Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Pohjis - nothing against pk, Pohjis is simply OP. pk can obviously still win though
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Scyther no Swiping - Scyther is my boy, but I think Hairy takes this. It could go either way though.
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Eyan - Hope they have a non-haxy, intense match. Giving the W to Sensei Eyan
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Arifeen - I like Arifeen here.
NU: M&M suspect test vs. AV99 - Even if you disagree with his play, m&m has beaten two daunting opponents in a row, and I see no reason why he can't again.
LC: Lepros vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom - I just think TSB is the better player
DOU: miltankmilk vs. EXAMPLE000 - even though he's doghorse at CoD, he's a good DOU player. Pls no swag keys n_n

Wish I only took one week off instead of both, but mistakes were made. GL to both teams. Go Volcas.​

Fletchinder Eterna (3) vs. Vermillion Volcaronas (4)
Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Pohjis PK is good don't get me wrong, but Pohjis is going undefeated this BLT
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Scyther no Swiping Hot match, but toenail has been dominating
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Eyan Probably the hardest match to call of the finals, but Eyan also going for undefeated status
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Arifeen Another one that could go either way, but I think arifeen has this
NU: M&M suspect test vs. AV99 Despite what you thought about last week, m&m has been under rated this entire tournament, and picked up some great wins in the tiebreaker and against one of the best nuer's this blt. I believe he can clutch again for his team
LC: Lepros vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom I dont see TSB losing this one
DOU: miltankmilk vs. EXAMPLE000 I believe miltankmilk can get revenge, but example is another one of those players that shouldn't be underestimated

A lot of these matches could go either way, and I look forward to watching the matches. Good luck to the two finalists!

*edit* didn't realise miltankmilk had already won, but that was always my prediction anyway :)

Last edited:

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Fletchinder Eterna (3) vs. Vermillion Volcaronas (4)
Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Pohjis PK is good don't get me wrong, but Pohjis is going undefeated this BLT
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Scyther no Swiping Hot match, but toenail has been dominating
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Eyan Probably the hardest match to call of the finals, but Eyan also going for undefeated status
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Arifeen Another one that could go either way, but I think arifeen has this
NU: M&M suspect test vs. AV99 Despite what you thought about last week, m&m has been under rated this entire tournament, and picked up some great wins in the tiebreaker and against one of the best nuer's this blt. I believe he can clutch again for his team
LC: Lepros vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom I dont see TSB losing this one
DOU: miltankmilk vs. EXAMPLE000 I believe miltankmilk can get revenge, but example is another one of those players that shouldn't be underestimated

A lot of these matches could go either way, and I look forward to watching the matches. Good luck to the two finalists!

*edit* didn't realise miltankmilk had already won, but that was always my prediction anyway :)
how you gonna predict the exact same picks as me fren x_x

Reactions: rs
Since I forgot last BLT to do Shoutouts I just do it here.

• Firstly Snowy. This dude, when you asked me to be your Assman there was like no hair on my head that wanted to say no. Your my best friend on this whole site I can count on you when I need to even on freaking 3 AM. Thanks for being such a good friend and let me do my part in our team.

• Secondly Updated Kanto On last BLT we were on the same team and this time when Snowy told you he wanted you that bad there was no holding back, and you proved it by playing amazingly in OU and helping people outside of that as well! Thanks.

• Thirdly Dominatio Despite you had some issues in having fate in yourself I always trusted in your capabilities 100%, and you proved yourself way more then you think you have with some really tough players in your tier. Good job man hope you have some more fate in yourself because you will have a good future if you go on like this.

• Fourthly Do A Bibarel When I saw you on the list of players that qualified of all the UU players I wanted you despite alot of people not knowing you, I knew were what your level of playing was. You proved it to everyone that you were nothing to laugh about. Thanks man.

• Fifthly Roseybear Despite you were not in our Skype chat I have talked to you outside of that and it was nice talking to you over some decisions seeing how you thought about it. You also took some good games home with some nice plays. Keep it up you did very well!

• Sixthly OP I was searching for a good LC player that was Non-qualified and when I saw you on that list I went right to Snowy and commanded Snowy to take you as our Seventh pick. I didn't cared what Snowy thought about it I wanted you no matter what, you were on my last BLT team and now again. Despite having a rough start you proved why you are one of the best LC players there is! It was fun to have you on my team again.

• Last but certainly not least. Lasagne We needed a Sub for DOU, me and Snowy still have brain damage from that one until we found you and holy shit what did you proved yourself. 100% the best player of this BLT you destroyed everyone in DOU. The plays you did were freaking godly (The battle vs. Ace-11 that you predicted the Mega-gengar, the protect and you were setting yourself on a way better position to Power-up-Punch your own latios was the most insane turn I have seen in this whole BLT.) I hope you get back to DOU because holy damn you rock there so much. Thanks for being our sub and being a amazing player.

Also shoutout to Winter's Howl for lending his team and being continu a support to the Celebi's!

Despite that we didn't made it in the finals the Celebi's have proven their strength and did the legendary 7-0 which will be remembered not matter what. Thanks for the experience.

Since I forgot last BLT to do Shoutouts I just do it here.
The plays you did were freaking godly (The battle vs. Ace-11 that you predicted the Mega-gengar, the protect and you were setting yourself on a way better position to Power-up-Punch your own latios was the most insane turn I have seen in this whole BLT.)
That was a great play, he power predicted people more than I've seen in most dou matches I've played, even after battling qsns for team tour. I haven't felt like I've been truly out-thought in a match before playing Lasagne. Gratz on a great season and I hope I get another shot at you in some other DOU tour

If I got a bit lucky in the previous rounds (GunnerRohan knows), it was expected that luck will turn against you at some point. Lost to PK in a haxy but good ubers match, he played well. Up to you Eyan, Scyther and AV99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)