Tournament BLT II: Group Stages Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Art and Approval from sirDonovan, Credit to Spy for the layout

Welcome to the first week of the Best Leaderboarders Tournament! The format of this tournament is simple: there will be 2 groups with 4 teams in each. Within each group, the four teams face each of the other three teams in their group once. After three weeks, the teams will be ranked (3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss). The top two teams advance from their groups, while the rest are eliminated. If there is a tie between teams at this point in the tournament, the two teams with the best win/loss over the three week period will advance. From here, the top 4 teams that advance will verse each other in single elimination format, for the semi-finals and then finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon ORAS tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS. Series are best of one.

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment could be as severe as a server ban (which is an instant loss for you), forum infraction, or disqualification. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified.

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with anyone on this list. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

Black Group
Canalave Cobalions (antemortem) - Violet Victinis (Psych)
Lavender Diancies (Ace~) - Celestic Celebis (Snowy)
Canalave Cobalions (4) vs. (3) Violet Victinis

Ubers: Megazard vs. Vinest
OU: Jmac AU vs. Wyn / Wyngate
UU: Jordn / Jrdn vs. YABO
RU: TheLastOne vs. Wombology
NU: Kiyo vs. Camino / yoyoyoyonig
LC: majaspic22 vs. Dream Eater Gengar
DOU: Ace-11 vs. Silverwhiteblue

Lavender Diancies
(2) vs. (5) Celestic Celebis

Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs. Dominatio
OU: le fat kid vs. Updated Kanto
UU: Maukadragon vs. Do A Bibarel
RU: Karalynia vs. Roseybear Arifeen
NU: mayomayo vs. Jarii
LC: xDjPinkiePie vs. OP
DOU: Catniss Everdeen vs. Lasagne

White Group
Dewford Dewgongs (Jetpack) - Jubilife Jirachis (Always!)
Fletchinder Eterna (anto) - Vermillion Volcaronas (Winry)

Dewford Dewgongs (3) vs. (4) Jubilife Jirachis

Ubers: SharpManAreEpic / Sharp Ladder UU vs. xSkelly34 / Lou Sipher
OU: Confide. / ready2go202 vs. Genesis7
UU: EternalSnowman vs. Kreme / Truth
RU: LolBron James vs. soTsoT
NU: >$PURPLEDOOSH$< vs. metaphysical / rozes
LC: macle vs. Ninjacalibur
DOU: jeran vs. ShinySopheon

Fletchinder Eterna (5) vs. (2) Vermillion Volcaronas

Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Pohjis
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Scyther no Swiping
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Eyan
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Happen
NU: M&M suspect test vs. AV99
LC: Lepros vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom
DOU: miltankmilk vs. EXAMPLE000

To the players: Remember to use Tournaments chat's new private room, The Dojo, to discuss everything about BLT and find your opponents! This week ends October 18th at 5:00 PM EST. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Some Predictions for this 1st week

Lavender Diancies (2) vs. Celestic Celebis (5)

Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs. Dominatio this is going to be extremely close, very familiar with both these players abilities. Giving it to Dominatio
OU: le fat kid vs. Updated Kanto Not too familiar with le fat kid, Updated Kanto should pick up the win
UU: Maukadragon vs. Do A Bibarel I believe Bibarel edges in this matchup
RU: Karalynia vs. Roseybear Karalynia to win this one
NU: mayomayo vs. Jarii Im not too sure about this one, thought Jarii would play UU. Counting on mayo to continue his fine BLT form
LC: xDjPinkiePie vs. OP fairly one sided soz pinkie
DOU: Catniss Everdeen vs. Lasagne Not too familiar with either player, hopefully a close one

Really this could go either way, some tough match ups especially in ubers and NU.
edit: I believe that the Lavender Diancies could win this if they all play well, but they are pretty heavily stacked against a well made team.
Dewford Dewgongs (2) vs. Jubilife Jirachis (5)

Ubers: SharpManAreEpic / Sharp Ladder UU vs. xSkelly34 / Lou Sipher Played Lou Sipher quite a bit too, well aware of his abilities compared to sharp
OU: Confide. / ready2go202 vs. Genesis7 Expecting Genesis to bounce back after last blt, he's better than results suggested I swear
UU: EternalSnowman vs. Kreme / Truth Truth too strong
RU: LolBron James vs. soTsoT coming off an undefeated streak last blt, theres not much in soTsoT's way right now
NU: >$PURPLEDOOSH$< vs. metaphysical / rozes Another good performer coming off a good first blt, should pick up the win.
LC: macle vs. ninjacalibur macle to give his team hope
DOU: jeran vs. ShinySopheon Not too familiar with jeran as a doubles player, but his ability to pick up tiers might help him pull through

A lot of talent on the dewgongs team, but they got absolutely stacked in almost every tier in this matchup. gotta give credit to the managers of the jirachi's, that team is insane

Fletchinder Eterna (3) vs. Vermillion Volcaronas (4)
Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Pohjis Pohjis shouldn't have a problem here
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Scyther no Swiping Solid matchup, but I think Scyther has got this
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Eyan another solid matchup, giving this to Pak
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Happen I believe naruto has more experience here
NU: M&M suspect test vs. AV99 likewise, AV99 has good form and experience
LC: Lepros vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom Giving this one to my homie Tech
DOU: miltankmilk vs. EXAMPLE000 Not familiar with example, am so with miltankmilk

Another that could go either way

Some Predictions for this 1st week

Lavender Diancies (2) vs. Celestic Celebis (5)

Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs. Dominatio this is going to be extremely close, very familiar with both these players abilities. Giving it to Dominatio
OU: le fat kid vs. Updated Kanto Not too familiar with le fat kid, Updated Kanto should pick up the win
UU: Maukadragon vs. Do A Bibarel I believe Bibarel edges in this matchup
RU: Karalynia vs. Roseybear Karalynia to win this one
NU: mayomayo vs. Jarii Im not too sure about this one, thought Jarii would play UU. Counting on mayo to continue his fine BLT form
LC: xDjPinkiePie vs. OP fairly one sided soz pinkie
DOU: Catniss Everdeen vs. Lasagne Not too familiar with either player, hopefully a close one

Really this could go either way, some tough match ups especially in ubers and NU.

Dewford Dewgongs (2) vs. Jubilife Jirachis (5)

Ubers: SharpManAreEpic / Sharp Ladder UU vs. xSkelly34 / Lou Sipher Played Lou Sipher quite a bit too, well aware of his abilities compared to sharp
OU: Confide. / ready2go202 vs. Genesis7 Expecting Genesis to bounce back after last blt, he's better than results suggested I swear
UU: EternalSnowman vs. Kreme / Truth Truth too strong
RU: LolBron James vs. soTsoT coming off an undefeated streak last blt, theres not much in soTsoT's way right now
NU: >$PURPLEDOOSH$< vs. metaphysical / rozes Another good performer coming off a good first blt, should pick up the win.
LC: macle vs. ninjacalibur macle to give his team hope
DOU: jeran vs. ShinySopheon Not too familiar with jeran as a doubles player, but his ability to pick up tiers might help him pull through

A lot of talent on the dewgongs team, but they got absolutely stacked in almost every tier in this matchup. gotta give credit to the managers of the jirachi's, that team is insane

Fletchinder Eterna (3) vs. Vermillion Volcaronas (4)
Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Pohjis Pohjis shouldn't have a problem here
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Scyther no Swiping Solid matchup, but I think Scyther has got this
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Eyan another solid matchup, giving this to Pak
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Happen I believe naruto has more experience here
NU: M&M suspect test vs. AV99 likewise, AV99 has good form and experience
LC: Lepros vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom Giving this one to my homie Tech
DOU: miltankmilk vs. EXAMPLE000 Not familiar with example, am so with miltankmilk

Another that could go either way
psshhh...
1. you got our shit all wrong
2. sharp already won
3. shinysopheon is the dou queenpin
4. im winning hands down
5. macle doesnt have what it takes
6. jmac how about i predict you

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Lavender Diancies (3) vs. Celestic Celebis (3)

Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs. Dominatio don't know either
OU: le fat kid vs. Updated Kanto
UU: Maukadragon vs. Do A Bibarel I believe Bibarel has this one in the bag
RU: Karalynia vs. Roseybear my homie GDK
NU: mayomayo vs. Jarii mayox2 with the shell smash WP carracosta
LC: xDjPinkiePie vs. OP sorry pinkie, but i believe OP got this. NGL tho, Pinkie is probably the most underrated player i've known besides SWB and Naruto Sage.
DOU: Catniss Everdeen vs. Lasagne No Comment. MFW he/she doesn't player ubers again :/ Still tho, he/she is a fantastic player.

Comments: Completely gonna be honest, Diancies can actually win the whole thing if they got each others backs. Helping each other out with teamtesting etc.
Dewford Dewgongs (3) vs. Jubilife Jirachis (4)

Ubers: SharpManAreEpic / Sharp Ladder UU vs. xSkelly34 / Lou Sipher Skelly, Why, WHYYYY????
OU: Confide. / ready2go202 vs. Genesis7 this man is getting better and better everyday.
UU: EternalSnowman vs. Kreme / Truth
RU: LolBron James vs. soTsoT uhhhhhh.....
NU: >$PURPLEDOOSH$< vs. metaphysical / rozes Gonna be hella close, but I believe meta will pull the win out.
LC: macle vs. ninjacalibur Should be close, but I believe macle has more knowledge in the tier.
DOU: jeran vs. ShinySopheon Not too familiar with jeran as a doubles player, but he can play pretty much any tier.

Comments: Always's team is stacked af, but I honestly hope the dewgong's win this matchup :]
Canalave Cobalions(5) vs. Violet Victinis(1)
Ubers: Megazard vs. Vinest Only saying this because I know Megazard is a competent battler. Who knows? Vinest could get the W too haha.
OU: Jmac AU vs. Wyn / Wyngate XtC, i have one thing to say to you. Make sure you win so no more tiebreakers. :]
UU: Jordn / Jrdn vs. YABO
RU: TheLastOne vs. Wombology I don't really know tbh. I've never seen wombo play any other tier besides ubers and NU
NU: Kiyo vs. Camino / yoyoyoyonig Close, but i believe Kiyo has the edge.
LC: majaspic22 vs. Dream Eater Gengar I hate DEG. Period. :]
DOU: Ace-11 vs. Silverwhiteblue Despite him playing last BLT, silverwhiteblue has to be one of the most underrated players here. Fantastic doubles player and one of my best friends in this room.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)