Tournament BLT II: Group Stages Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Art and Approval from sirDonovan, Credit to Spy for the layout

Welcome to the third week of the Best Leaderboarders Tournament! We're working on refining the substitution system, so if you are a manager and wish to make a substitution, you must run it by me by Wednesday. This is to ensure the opposing team has enough time to schedule a match and prepare. I will not be allowing substitutions any later than this for any reason. This is the last week in the group stages, with the top two teams from each group advancing to the semifinals, so give it your all!
The format of this tournament is simple: there will be 2 groups with 4 teams in each. Within each group, the four teams face each of the other three teams in their group once. After three weeks, the teams will be ranked (3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss). The top two teams advance from their groups, while the rest are eliminated. If there is a tie between teams at this point in the tournament, the two teams with the best win/loss over the three week period will advance. From here, the top 4 teams that advance will verse each other in single elimination format, for the semi-finals and then finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon ORAS tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS. Series are best of one.

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment could be as severe as a server ban (which is an instant loss for you), forum infraction, or disqualification. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified.

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with anyone on this list. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

Black Group
Canalave Cobalions (ANTEMORTEM) - Celestic Celebis (Snowy. )
Violet Victinis (Psych) - Lavender Diancies (Hannahh)
Canalave Cobalions (0) vs. (7) Celestic Celebis

Ubers: Megazard vs. Dominatio
OU: Jmac AU vs. Updated Kanto
UU: Jordn / Jrdn vs. Do A Bibarel
RU: TheLastOne vs. Roseybear
NU: Kiyo vs. Jarii
LC: majaspic22 vs. OP
DOU: Ace-11 vs. Lasagne

Violet Victinis (5) vs. (1) Lavender Diancies

Ubers: Vinest vs. Gunner Rohan
OU: Wyn / Wyngate vs. le fat kid
UU: YABO vs. Maukadragon
RU: Wombology vs. Karalynia
NU: Camino / yoyoyoyonig vs. mayomayo
LC: Dream Eater Gengar vs. xDjPinkiePie
DOU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Catniss Everdeen
Canalave Cobalions: 6 (2-0-0)

Celestic Celebis: 6 (2-0-0)

Lavender Diancies: 0 (0-2-0)

Violet Victinis: 0 (0-2-0)

White Group
Dewford Dewgongs (Jetpack) - Vermillion Volcaronas (Winry)
Jubilife Jirachis (Always!) - Fletchinder Eterna (anto)

Dewford Dewgongs (1) vs. (6) Vermillion Volcaronas

Ubers: SharpManAreEpic / Sharp Ladder UU vs. Pohjis
OU: Confide. / ready2go202 vs. Scyther no Swiping
UU: LolBron James vs. Eyan
RU: EternalSnowman vs. Happen
NU: TBA vs. AV99
LC: macle vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom
DOU: jeran vs. EXAMPLE000

Jubilife Jirachis (5) vs. (2) Fletchinder Eterna

Ubers: xSkelly34 / Lou Sipher Level 56 vs. pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101
OU: Genesis7 vs. Hairy Toenail
UU:Kreme / Truth vs. Pak / Pakmasta
RU: soTsoT vs. naruto(sage)
NU: metaphysical / rozes vs. M&M suspect test
LC: Ninjacalibur vs. Lepros
DOU: ShinySopheon vs. miltankmilk
Fletchinder Eterna: 6 (2-0-0)

Jubilife Jirachis: 3 (1-1-0)

Vermillion Volcaronas: 3 (1-1-0)

Dewford Dewgongs: 0 (0-2-0)

To the players: Remember to use Tournaments chat's new private room, The Dojo, to discuss everything about BLT and find your opponents! This week ends November 1st at 5:00 PM EST. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Ubers: Vinest vs. Gunner Rohan - Has proven to be in the top 3 of best ubers players in BLT.
OU: Wyn / Wyngate vs. le fat kid - Knows how to play stall so has to be good in OU Right Snowy. ?
UU: YABO vs. Maukadragon - This is a win for YABO.
RU: Wombology vs. Karalynia - Knowing Wombology more and his abilities I think he wins will be close tho.
NU: Camino / yoyoyoyonig vs. mayomayo - going to be close, going with mayomayo though
LC: Dream Eater Gengar vs. xDjPinkiePie - Pinkie has proven to be the hax god she will do this again (she actually plays well as well)
DOU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Catniss Everdeen - SWB Has this one

Ubers: SharpManAreEpic / Sharp Ladder UU vs. Pohjis Probably the best ubers player in here
OU: Confide. / ready2go202 vs. Scyther no Swiping - I think Confide is alot better then people think he is so go for him.
UU: LolBron James vs. Eyan - If Eyan loses this one I do not know what to say.
NU: TBA vs. AV99 - If I think who they are going to take he wins
LC: macle vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom - This is Macle everything said
DOU: jeran vs. EXAMPLE000 - just the better player

Ubers: xSkelly34 / Lou Sipher vs. pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 - Again he knows what he is doing.
OU: Genesis7 vs. Hairy Toenail - going to be close, think Hairy has the advantage
UU:Kreme / Truth vs. Pak / Pakmasta- Know Kreme and he is alot better then people think he is
RU: soTsoT vs. naruto(sage) naruto - soTsoT is still unbeaten and think he keeps it this BLT
NU: metaphysical / rozes vs. M&M suspect test - Meta if he stops choking so much D=
LC: Ninjacalibur vs. Lepros - Lepros has let seen he knows his stuff
DOU: ShinySopheon vs. miltankmilk - also going to be close but again think miltankmilk is better then he thinks in DOU.

Last edited:
Violet Victinis(3) vs Lavender Diancies(4)
Ubers: Vinest vs. Gunner Rohan easy win for gunner
OU: Wyn / Wyngate vs. le fat kid his stall will beat wyn's balance
UU: YABO vs. Maukadragon sorry Mauka, this blt's been tough for you in terms of player matchups
RU: Wombology vs. Karalynia sorry gdk i think wombo knows the tier better
NU: Camino / yoyoyoyonig vs. mayomayo going to be close, going with mayo though
LC: Dream Eater Gengar vs. xDjPinkiePie going to continue her streak
DOU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Catniss Everdeen again, this blt has been tough for catniss since there are a lot of dou players in our group

Dewford Dewgongs(3) vs Vermillion Volcaronas(3)
Ubers: SharpManAreEpic / Sharp Ladder UU vs. Pohjis no contest here, sorry sharp
OU: Confide. / ready2go202 vs. Scyther no Swiping both are solid players but ready has more experience in the tier
UU: LolBron James vs. Eyan apparently lineups have been switched, either way Eyan's going to win
RU: EternalSnowman vs. Happen let's go man
NU: TBA vs. AV99 dew gongs better get someone good if they want to win
LC: macle vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom no one can beat macle in this tier, at least this blt
DOU: jeran vs. EXAMPLE000 an all around solid battler

Jubilife Jirachis(4) vs Fletchinder Eterna(3)
Ubers: xSkelly34 / Lou Sipher vs. pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 haven't really seen smelly play but pokeblade is amazing
OU: Genesis7 vs. Hairy Toenail going to be close, think Genesis got this
UU:Kreme / Truth vs. Pak / Pakmasta also going to be close
RU: soTsoT vs. naruto(sage) naruto has played well so far by sotsot is god
NU: metaphysical / rozes vs. M&M suspect test not much to say, as I don't really know either player
LC: Ninjacalibur vs. Lepros ninja don't tell me you're losing to this kid (no offense)
DOU: ShinySopheon vs. miltankmilk also going to be close

Week 3 predictions:

Violet Victinis (4) vs. Lavender Diancies (3)
Ubers: Vinest vs. Gunner Rohan Yeah kinda obvs which way this is going, gunner is savage
OU: Wyn / Wyngate vs. le fat kid Both players looking for 1st win, but I believe wyngate has got this
UU: YABO vs. Maukadragon Likewise as above, but I still think YABO has this
RU: Wombology vs. Karalynia Both good players, but expecting Wombo to pull through
NU: Camino / yoyoyoyonig vs. mayomayo Haven't seen enough of Camino to know his abilities yet
LC: Dream Eater Gengar vs. xDjPinkiePie These two have both proven themselves so far, and I believe pinkie can continue her good run
DOU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Catniss Everdeen SWB got this

Both these teams fighting for their 1st BLT win, who will come out on top?

Dewford Dewgongs (3) vs. Vermillion Volcaronas (3)
Ubers: SharpManAreEpic / Sharp Ladder UU vs. Pohjis Easily one of the best ubers players in this tournament
OU: Confide. / ready2go202 vs. Scyther no Swiping Looking forward to this match
UU: LolBron James vs. Eyan Lolbron has a tough match here, and a lot to prove
RU: EternalSnowman vs. Happen Happen got this
NU: TBA vs. AV99 Look forward to see who gets subbed, it will probably be some ridiculously good player lesbehonest
LC: macle vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom This one will be fun to watch, but macle has the experience
DOU: jeran vs. EXAMPLE000 I see this going jerans way

This could very well come down to who the dewgongs sub in. If they want to stay in BLT, they may very well need to find someone very good

Jubilife Jirachis (4) vs. Fletchinder Eterna (3)
Ubers: xSkelly34 / Lou Sipher vs. pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 I honestly dont even know, I'm just picking for the sake of it. But it should be close
OU: Genesis7 vs. Hairy Toenail Another solid match here, with both players looking to bounce back after last week.
UU:Kreme / Truth vs. Pak / Pakmasta Once again, good match to look forward to
RU: soTsoT vs. naruto(sage) lol soTsoT is going undefeated
NU: metaphysical / rozes vs. M&M suspect test Things we learn from NU: don't use fire blast
LC: Ninjacalibur vs. Lepros
DOU: ShinySopheon vs. miltankmilk I dont see miltank losing quite yet

There are a few close matches that could influence the results, but I believe that the rachis can pick up the clutch wins they need to secure their place in BLT semis

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Highlight matches
Rozes vs Emandemsuspect
Kiyo vs Jarii
Majaspic22 vs OP
Kreme vs Pak

TBA vs AV99 imo tbh

Lets give these predictions a try for Week 3
Megazard vs Dominatio: Megazard caught an L last week with PU, I don't think he's picking up 2 in a row
Jmac AU vs Updated Kanto: After picking up a nice W with SD keldeo, UK is on another plane of battling, he'll take this one.
Jrdn vs Do A Bibarel: Jrdn's been hot, but I think DaB is just more experienced in the tier.
TheLastOne vs Roseybear: Should be close, but I like Rosey here.
Kiyo vs Jarii: This match is hype, honestly I flipped a coin here.
Majaspic22 vs OP: Both players have been haxed to shit, looking forward to more crits and misses.
Ace-11 vs Lasagne: Lasagne is too strong, Ace doesnt even play this tier.

Celebis:5 Cobalions:2

Vinest vs Gunnar Rohan: Gunnar is bad at mons, but he'll hax his way to a W.
Wyn vs Le Fat Kid: Le Fat kid has my confidence this week, sparred a little bit with him and liked his squad
YABO vs Maukadragon: Yabo is just better at UU
Wombology vs Karalynia: Wombo was talkin mad shit so I hope he can back it up.
Camino vs Mayomayo: Camino will bounce back after a few tough losses
Dream Eater Gengar vs xDjPinkiePie: DEG has too many Ws this season, time to change that.
SilverWhiteBlue vs Catniss Everdeen: Silver mains this tier, I think he's got it.
Victinis:4 Diancies:3

SharpManAreEric vs Pohjis: Pohjis is a don at ubers, thats all
Confide vs Scyther no Swiping: Ready is bad at mons, he'll get lucky.
Lolbron James vs Eyan: Choke god lolbron is in a new tier, but Eyan brought hyperstall last week so its over.
EternalSnowMan vs Happen: My main man Happen is done catching Ls
TBA vs AV99: Im not calling this one yet, maybe will edit later.
Macle vs TsB: TSB i love you bud, but its macle so im taking him.
Jeran vs Example: L master jeran will bounce back and win
3-3 pending Purples sub

PKbladez vs xSkelly: Lindas 2 stronk
Hairy Toenail vs Genesis7: Lindas 2 stronk
Pakmasta vs Kreme: Lindas 2 stronk
Naruto(sage) vs SotSot: Lindas 2 stronk
M&M suspect test vs Rozes: Lindas 2 stronk
Lepros vs Ninjacalibur: Lindas 2 stronk
Miltankmilk vs ShinySopheon: Lindas 2 stronk
Lindas take an ez 7-0

Tbh, the match betwenn Diancie and Victini, and Celebi vs Colbanion has not much purpose, just for bragging rights.

The only motivation for me to play this round is to not to get last place.

How much has my expectation fall? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)