Tournament BLT II: Group Stages Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
uh so M&M suspect test said he would get me a time by today, and hopefully he is still able to. If he doesn't I'm going to have to call activity since my schedule is very set in stone for this weekend and need a time in advance before playing a match

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
So I was curious about what would happen in case of a three way tie. Since I clearly have nothing better to do, I figured out the possible scenarios for how the Lindas, Jirachis, and Volcaronas can advance.

Coming into week 3, the Lindas have 9 individual wins, the Volcaronas have 7, and the Jirachis have 6. The tiebreaker is determined by most individual wins, but if two teams have the same amount of individual wins, I am going to assume H2H determines who advances.

Lindas are currently down 0-3 to Jirachis. Volcaronas are up 3-1 vs Dewgongs.

SCENARIO 1: Lindas win, Volcs win

OUTCOME: Both winners advance

SCENARIO 2: Lindas win, Dewgongs win

Lindas advance. If Dewgongs win, it means they won 4-3. Volcaronas have 10 total wins. Jirachis can have max 9 wins. Volcaronas advance.

SCENARIO 3: Jirachis win. Volcaronas win.

This is tricky because this guarantees nothing.

Volcaronas have min 11 wins and max 13 wins.

Lindas have min 9 wins and max 12 wins.

Jirachis have min 10 wins max 13.

This scenario has the potential of being a MASSIVE clusterfuck. It's possible Volcs get 11 wins, Lindas get 11 wins, Jirachis get 11 wins. Lindas > Volcs > Rachis > Lindas. This would come to a THIRD tiebreaker and who knows how that will turn out.

SCENARIO 4: Jirachis win. Dewgongs win.

Lindas have 9-12 wins

Jirachis have 10-13 wins

Volcs have 10 wins.

If Linda's win 2, both they and Jirachis advance. If they win 0 (lol 7-0), Volcs and Jirachis advance. If they win 1, then Lindas still advance due to head to head, assuming this is the tiebreaker.

TLDR it's gonna be a clusterfuck lol

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Or we could do away with wins considering this'll be too complicated and just go head to head, manager vs manager or team vs team again.

I really like the idea of manager vs manager.

So I was curious about what would happen in case of a three way tie. Since I clearly have nothing better to do, I figured out the possible scenarios for how the Lindas, Jirachis, and Volcaronas can advance.

Coming into week 3, the Lindas have 9 individual wins, the Volcaronas have 7, and the Jirachis have 6. The tiebreaker is determined by most individual wins, but if two teams have the same amount of individual wins, I am going to assume H2H determines who advances.

Lindas advance. If Dewgongs win, it means they won 4-3. Volcaronas have 10 total wins. Jirachis can have max 9 wins. Volcaronas advance.

This scenario has the potential of being a MASSIVE clusterfuck. It's possible Volcs get 11 wins, Lindas get 11 wins, Jirachis get 11 wins. Lindas > Volcs > Rachis > Lindas. This would come to a THIRD tiebreaker and who knows how that will turn out.

Lindas have 9-12 wins

Jirachis have 10-13 wins

Volcs have 10 wins.

If Linda's win 2, both they and Jirachis advance. If they win 0 (lol 7-0), Volcs and Jirachis advance. If they win 1, then Lindas still advance due to head to head, assuming this is the tiebreaker.

Putting this out here, but if Lindas win and Dewgongs win, then it is 4-3,4-3 both series, then Lindas advance and Dewgongs will be a tie with Volcs with same record (1-2) and same total wins (10) since Dewgongs have 6 wins coming into this week, at this point I am not sure how exactly they would calculate it....?

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Putting this out here, but if Lindas win and Dewgongs win, then it is 4-3,4-3 both series, then Lindas advance and Dewgongs will be a tie with Volcs with same record (1-2) and same total wins (10) since Dewgongs have 6 wins coming into this week, at this point I am not sure how exactly they would calculate it....?
Holy balls you're right LOL what is this

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'm working on what we'll do in the case that this happens. There are a lot of battles that still need to take place, though, so let's not lose our shit lol

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
ok so what i would reccomend in order to be as fair as possible, as well as bring as many matchas as possible \o/

So at the end of this week we get the records of the teams throughout the weeks, and then take the teams that tie for second and pit them in a series against each other. The way I propose this series to happen is similar to what happens in WCoP. This is ORAS OU is a guaranteed tier, then each team gets to nominate a tier of their own and are pitted against each other in a Bo3.

For Example:

Team 1 and Team 2 both are tied with a record of 1-2

Team 1 could nominate RU as their tier, and Team 2 can nominate NU as their tier. What then gets posted would be:

Team 1 vs Team 2
OU: <player> vs <player>
RU: <player> vs <player>
NU: <player> vs <player>

and the person that wins this series would go on to the playoffs.

Lindas have 9-12 wins

Jirachis have 10-13 wins

Volcs have 10 wins.

In scenario 2 wouldn't dewgong's advance since they would have the same wins(10) as us volcs and win because of head to head? In scenario 4 its just a simple jirachi's and linda's advance because they are both 2-1 while volcs and dewgongs would be 1-2. just clearing some of this up i think. Scenario 3 is only a clusterfuck if jirachi's and linda's are a 5-2 finish.

I feel like Dewgongs are just on the bad end of every hax in this tournament and idek why? Well its possible the torch will pass onto someone else now that we are out. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)