Tournament BLT IV: Best 'Leaderboarders' Tournament (see post #210)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I rate this fired up thread 5/8 would scroll up back to the top again.

On a more serious note, trash talking is very much evident even if the Cycle 1 was just about to start. All I hope is this BLT season would be more fun and exciting, as oppose to the last season which literally became dull Week 5 all along. Looking to see more predictions, a more lively thread till the last weeks and the finals. I just wish there'll be less drama (but most team tours can't avoid this) and let's just all treat this as a game, but a game where we put our interests and passion into it.

First time saying this but

Neutral luck, Have Fun to all, as we head to the first cycle in a few hours.
~Skelos

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright. With the actual BLT IV qualification cycles starting in less than a day, I'll be a little stricter when moderating this thread. Basically feel free to post thoughts and stuff about the tour, engage in banter, etc, but be smart about it and your choice of words. It's the Internet; even if the person you're responding to gets it, it can send the wrong message to other people.

Still, have fun though and good luck to those trying to qualify!

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
Here is the model we call the 7 Stages of BLT:

Unfortunately, most of you will not qualify for BLT and only the ELITE minority will qualify. Here is a guide of the feelings you may go through and how to overcome them.

1. SHOCK -You will probably react to learning of your inability to qualify in a shocked way. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. After all, you could beat up on tournamentguy69 and reach the semifinals of every tour easily, but for some odd reason you are struggling now that actual players are participating. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.
  2. PAIN & GUILT-
    As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol, drugs, or dank memes.
    You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do during your BLT qualifying run. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.
  3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
    Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for your mediocrity on someone else. Whether its hax, "noobs" or you making a bad play and acting like it wasn't your fault, please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.
    You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never play Pokemon again if you just let me qualify for one round")
  4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
    Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. "Am I really not good enough?" is a common question. "My life is destined to be haxed." is another common phrase. Plays you would normally make are now difficult to you, and you mess things up. This is a normal stage of failure , so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.
    During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

5. THE UPWARD TURN-
    As you start to adjust to life with acceptance of your fate , your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.
  6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
    As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life. You may decide to "git gud" and work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your professional Pokemon career.
  7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
    During this, the last of the seven stages in this BLT model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. You are not as good as you thought you were and your double switches are merely predictable at best, but that's OK. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.
    You will start to look forward and actually plan things for the future. Eventually, you will be able to think without pain; sadness, yes, but the wrenching pain will be gone. You will once again anticipate some good times to come, and yes, even find joy again in the experience of living.

You have made it through the 7 stages of BLT.

Here is the model we call the 7 Stages of BLT:

Unfortunately, most of you will not qualify for BLT and only the ELITE minority will qualify. Here is a guide of the feelings you may go through and how to overcome them.

1. SHOCK -You will probably react to learning of your inability to qualify in a shocked way. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. After all, you could beat up on tournamentguy69 and reach the semifinals of every tour easily, but for some odd reason you are struggling now that actual players are participating. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.
  2. PAIN & GUILT-
    As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol, drugs, or dank memes.
    You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do during your BLT qualifying run. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.
  3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
    Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for your mediocrity on someone else. Whether its hax, "noobs" or you making a bad play and acting like it wasn't your fault, please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.
    You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never play Pokemon again if you just let me qualify for one round")
  4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
    Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. "Am I really not good enough?" is a common question. "My life is destined to be haxed." is another common phrase. Plays you would normally make are now difficult to you, and you mess things up. This is a normal stage of failure , so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.
    During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

5. THE UPWARD TURN-
    As you start to adjust to life with acceptance of your fate , your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.
  6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
    As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life. You may decide to "git gud" and work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your professional Pokemon career.
  7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
    During this, the last of the seven stages in this BLT model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. You are not as good as you thought you were and your double switches are merely predictable at best, but that's OK. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.
    You will start to look forward and actually plan things for the future. Eventually, you will be able to think without pain; sadness, yes, but the wrenching pain will be gone. You will once again anticipate some good times to come, and yes, even find joy again in the experience of living.

You have made it through the 7 stages of BLT.

can we add this to blt rules, eyan?

Hi I just want to address something very important, and I'm very concerned about this. (or maybe I'm just paranoid since im tryharding because of this)

Antar said that SM NU Alpha has no chance of getting the usage stats from SM RU Beta this month, meaning NU has no chance of being stable during the first 4 weeks of this BLT Season, since (I hope) Alpha would be in May, Beta will be in June (Starting of drafts and probably the tournament itself). In that case, NU is still processing the stabilizing the tier, with the bans, and is most likely to be still a whack in that month.

I just would like to kindly ask esteemed host Eyan if this would be an issue, and if it will, I would appreciate it to let me know :).

Okay im home.
As someone that played ORAS NU since the Sneasel meta on a pretty high leve, I think think I know a little how it goes in tiers that almost monthly get new (sometimes broken) mons to play with. Stabilizing a tier does not take 1,2 or 3 months but most of the time at least half a year. If you don't believe me check SM OU, alot of people still find that not a stable tier, look at the recent ban of pheromosa, Greninja and Mega-metagross (This is not my perspective about it but from other pretty high respected SM OU people). If you still don't believe me then take a look to the sceptile meta what made the tier always run sceptile counters or you lost or in ORAS NU or the speed pass Xatu meta in ORAS NU what basicly was a free win 90% of the time. People will find always things that are broken. So unless NU is in alpha mode and not alot of things that are broken are banned, this should be fine.

Also Rozes the NUTL said that Zarel is getting new servers and said April NU should be fine that's that.

And yes that was really needed Skyzuma because I had actually something important to say.

Last edited:
Okay im home.
As someone that played ORAS NU since the Sneasel meta on a pretty high leve, I think think I know a little how it goes in tiers that almost monthly get new (sometimes broken) mons to play with. Stabilizing a tier does not take 1,2 or 3 months but most of the time at least half a year. If you don't believe me check SM OU, alot of people still find that not a stable tier, look at the recent ban of pheromosa, Greninja and Mega-metagross (This is not my perspective about it but from other pretty high respected SM OU people). If you still don't believe me then take a look to the sceptile meta what made the tier always run sceptile counters or you lost or in ORAS NU or the speed pass Xatu meta in ORAS NU what basicly was a free win 90% of the time. People will find always things that are broken. So unless NU is in alpha mode and not alot of things that are broken are banned, this should be fine.

Also Rozes the NUTL said that Zarel is getting new servers and said April NU should be fine that's that.

And yes that was really needed Skyzuma because I had actually something important to say.
If you didn't know btw I'm also aware of what is happening with NU, just so that you won't think that I'm talking crap. SM NU alpha is indeed being created but it is not ready as of now. Also look at Skelos' post for a better explanation. And Jarii seriously, we will would have still read your post without that weird announcement, that is what I meant with "Was that post needed".

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The tours staff are currently discussing this. We haven't made a decision yet, but we probably will around the end of the current cycle. Here's the general gist of things at the moment:

1) After consulting several people, if the general consensus is that NU will still be able to come out of beta by the time the actual tournament starts, then we'll keep it.
2) If this is unable to be the case, we will replace NU with another format. Generally speaking, it's unfavourable to have a tier in beta post draft considering beta is typically when rapid tier changes tend to occur with numerous quickbans here and there over the course of several weeks, which would shake up the meta pretty badly while the competition is going on. The format that will replace NU if it comes to it has yet to be decided, but that's the plan for now.

Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)