BW NU Blue Hell (Peaked #1)

Hello Smogon! This was my team which I used succesfully to ladder with in NU, I peaked at over 1400 and my friend Spaniard also used it well and reached a high position. This team is a stally hail team, but after UU banned Snow Warning, meani it was banned in NU, I could not use it anymore. But i wanted to make this RMT, if only to share it with you, and to retire it.

The team is based on using SubProtect Wallrein and SubProtect Glaceon with Toxic Support to wear down the opponent, before going for a lategame duosion sweep.Rotom F and Cryogonal provide utility to the team, with Rotom-F providing momentum and revenge killing capabilities, and Cryogonal spinning away the Rocks which plague 5/6 of my team. Duosion is the star of the team, CM Duosion is the boss with hail damage+ toxic support.This team did not have any hazards , as i personally don't like the hazard users that were available in NU, Scolipede, Roselia and Smeargle were good but more suit different teams, such as more offensive or non-weather teams. Besides if i use hazards support I would also use one spin blocker(probably Misdreavus eviolite), despite the lacking of good spinners in NU

Snover @ Eviolite
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Toxic
- Blizzard

R.I.P.
Despite being the weakest member of my team, Snover is the only thing that makes this team work, as I need Hail. I chose to use a physically defensive variant as I had noticed that much of NU was based on strong physical attackers, and he has not let me down. Toxic+Leech Seed+Protect is always annoying and provides his best way to deal damage, and protect also helps to scout. Blizzard is only really to prevent him being taunt bait, and is actually surprisingly strong, 2hkoing 0/0 Scolipede who fails to 1hko with Mega-Horn. He is almost always my lead, and most people seem to overestimate his importance to me, meaning they will often overpredict.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

This is my spinner, it is required given that I have 5 Ice types. It flat out walls most special attackers, I don't bother with defense EVs as he still dies to most neutral STAB attacks :( In additin, the special defense evs allow him to take other things much better(for example magneton). Toxic is helps to spread more residual damage, and he doesnt reslly have much better options.Recover keeps him healthy and lets him stall out some pokemon, and Blizzard again prevents him from being taunt bait, as well as being fairly strong.

Glaceon @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 80 HP / 12 Def / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect
- Substitute
- Blizzard

This pokemon right here is one of the most important members of my team, along with duosion and wallrein is a member of the most important for the team. He especially likes pokemon with Life Orb, as they just die so fast. He enjoys the Toxic's spread around by my other mons, and so I find clerics such as Flareon and Lickilciky very annoying, as it takes much longer for him to get his job done. The moveset is pretty simple, Sub-Protect allows hom to stall out opposing mons, Blizzard provides a strong reliable STAB, while HP ground hits Magneton and Klinklang hard, stopping the, from setting up on me.

Wallrein @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Surf

the WALLrein, has claimed many a victim, with his excellent bulk and annoying combination of Substituite and Protect. Surf gives me different coverage, allowing me to hit Magmortar hard who is a big danger to this team, while Toxic provides support as well as quickenign the opponent's death. Not much to explain, Stallrein is great and so annoying.

Duosin @ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover

Once all my other pokes have done their job, Duosion comes out to play. With opponents weakened from my stalling, they have nothing to stop my little jelly bear rampage through the remains of their team. The EVs let him set up more Calm Minds on physical pokemon, and the rest is standard, psyshock letting me win CM wars (although they are very rare) and hp fighting gives me great coverage, only missing out on psychihc types like slowking, who can't do jack back. Duosion also serves as my glue, protecting me from threats to my team like Sawk.

Rotom-F @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

This thing lets me revenge kill nearly everything, with his trolly base speed letting him just about outspeed scarf Sawk ans Pinsir and +2 Gorebyss. Blizzard and thunderbolt provide his fantastic dual-STAB, and volt switch allows me to keep momentum, with Trick screwing up Walls coming in to tango with him, destroying pokemon such as Flareon, Lickilicky or Miltank. He is fantastic, and I am sad that he is now outclased by Rotom-s u less you want to gamble with 70% accuracy.

And this its all! The major threats of this team were: Magmortar versions, Magneton with Flash Cannon, Clerics(mainly Licky, Lanturn and Flareon), Emboar, Armaldo, Klink and some more but with good prediction there was no problem ^ ^

Thank you very much to: Shnen(helped me with my bad English for this RMT), Spaniard, SPF, Limi, Pako, McMeghan, Zebraiken and more!

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Probably one of the best teams in the initial NU metagame, I remember how much I absolutely dreaded facing it. I honestly think that making any huge change to this team would hurt its great synergy. You identified Magmortar as a threat, so maybe you could give Rotom-F Hidden Power Ground over Thunderbolt/Volt Switch to hit it as well as Klinklang supereffectively, since I can see a core of both being too much for Walrein to handle. Either way, great job and congrats on the ladder peak, Hot N Cold.

Apparently there was an unwritten pact to forfeit whenever someone encountered this team. Only a few things to say about this team. It totally sucked to come against it. Hail was a bitch. It worked in RU very well with a few changes. Thank god Snow Warning was banned (well actually Snover but who gives a shit?). Although I haven't had the opportunity to talk to you that much what you did with NU metagame is definitely going to be remembered; especially while we have to deal with Swellow, Braviary and Shell Smash in NU Round 1.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Hey man, this team...just this team caused so much pain and anger. But this team basically defined the NU Hail meta so congrats on this excellent team!

This team is great. Hot N Cold suggested me trying it and without any previous NU experience I peaked #1 with 1483 (Again, he's got 99% of the merit on that).

The best thing: it is absolutely nonstandard compared to the average team you face on NU. Most teams try to cover everything, they aim to be as flawless as possible. This one is very imbalanced though.

Blue Hell has very big weaknesses to common things. On the other hand it's very sharp at what it does.

Basically, when you start a game you're telling your oponent: 'Hey I've got weaknesses, let's see if you can't exploit them before you fall to my toxic stall/ heavy damage combo'. And that's great. The team is really uncomfortable to play as you have to withstand a lot of pressure, but you are highly rewarded when you do well. Quite a big challenge that doesn't suit everybody.

Now hail is banned and I cannot decide whether it was overpowered or not. Hail didn't get much usage and I didn't feel like I had team advantage to be honest. But I beat the leaderboard with ease while being a newcomer, so who knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)