Blue Team wins!

I realized that my team is composed only by blue pokemons, and that's the reason of the title :D

Hey Smogon. I've been playing UU for a while and I've ended up using this team, which is pretty good I think, but it's not perfect even by far.
So, I'd like to receive some tips and suggestions to improve this team.

THE PLAN:
This team is built around the offensive core of kingdra and mismagius: I need to get rid of the steel types in the first place, since they prevent kingdra and mismagius from sweeping, and that's why hitmontop and heracross are there. Also, Mismagius can't do anything if there are scarf users around, so I have to get rid of them too if I want Mismagius to sweep; the most common scarf users in UU are flygon, chandelure, darmanitan, heracross, rotom-h and victini, and they are countered by the other team members, like bronzong, snorlax and kingdra.

THE TEAM:

Bronzong @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Basic support bronzong set; his job is mainly to sets up rocks and kill flygons locked into outrage. I usually lead with bronzong; its moves are quite obvious: gyro ball for an attacking STAB move; earthquake to hit steels which are immune to toxic; stealth rock for obvious reasons; toxic to cripple pokes that want to set up on me. It does its job, not much to say.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

This guy has multiple purposes: revenge killing, being an anti-steel poke, countering grass types, pseudo-status absorber. I need this poke to kill steels, and I used to kill deoxys-d with this, but since it's BL now, heracross' usefulness for my team has substantially dropped. Megahorn and close combat are insanely powerful STAB moves; stone edge hits zapdos, togekiss, chandelure on the switch; I use night slash in the last slot because I find it much more useful than pursuit: ghost types love to switch in on a close combat, so pursuit doesn't scare ghost types too much. Instead, night slash can catch them on the switch.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Hitmontop is by far the most important member of my team. It can counter so many pokes that when it dies I'm usually in a big trouble. Also, rapid spin support is priceless. It's definetely a team player, the glue that keeps my team solid overall. Close combat is a great STAB move, although its defenses drop is horrible for a defensive pokemon that is hitmontop; rapid spin is an awesome support move; toxic is useful to deal some slow damage without having to drop defense and sp. defense by using CC; I don't use stone edge often, but it's useful to damage pokemons on the switch that either resist or are immune to close combat, like mismagius, zapdos, togekiss, chandelure... It's a great poke overall, there's nothing else to say.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SDef
- Return
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Snorlax is my special tank. Its main purpose on this team is to kill those ghost types that prevent heracross and hitmontop from working properly, especially chandelure, but it can also counter zapdos, raikou, shaymin, rotom-h, nidoking... Return hits like a truck, especially with the EV spread I gave it. Earthquake hits raikou and nidoking harder, but it also hurt steel types. Pursuit is the signature of the set: it's the bane of all chandelures, and mismagius' if they don't carry will-o-wisp. Crunch hits mew, xatu, azelf, victini for super effective damage.

Kingdra (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Kingdra is my physical sweeper. Pretty straightforward set, simple dragon dance set with 2 attacks and substitute, with lum berry to heal any status or confusion. Not too much to say, really, waterfall and outrage are powerful STAB moves, DD is the set-up move and substitute for scouting and blocking status.

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

My special sweeper. Mismagius can be easily seen as a high risk high reward pokemon: it's very frail, but once set up, if counters are gone, it gives you the win. Shadow ball for STAB hits hard after a nasty plot; thunderbolt for good damaging coverage move, and hits for super effective damage bulky waters like suicune, milotic and empoleon, as well as flying types like togekiss; nasty plot as the set-up move; substitute for scouting and blocking status (deja-vù?).

THREATS:
I usually have trouble with baton pass teams, togekiss, non-scarfed heracross, sub-roost zapdos with toxic, rest-talking suicune, sharpedo, azelf/mew if they carry psyshock.

THE IMPORTABLE:
Bronzong @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Kingdra (F) @ Lum Berry
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash
Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SDef
- Return
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Crunch
Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

Thank you for reading, and I'd really appreciate if you guys can give me some suggestions on how to improve this team ;)

EDIT:
I was seriously thinking about replacing mismagius with choice specs chandelure; it helps me against heracross and hits much harder than mismagius... it works generally better as far as I've tested it.

Bouff

Halloween
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hi there, nice team. Like you said, you are weak to baton pass teams, so I suggest running a Sleep Talk Snorlax over your old one, and will also help out against togekiss,which also is another problem you stated.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 124 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind

This helps out against most of your problems, especially baton pass teams and set-up sweepers, and helps out even more if you have Stealth Rocks up, which can help out against NP Togekiss.

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Sup dude, I think I've ran into you a few times on the ladder. Anyway, one change you should try is running Rain Dance Kingdra over Dragon Dance. I have found this set to be FAR better when it comes to sweeping, as Dragon Dance lacks the immediate power that this set provides. This set outspeeds and KOs nearly every offensive pokemon in UU when Rain is up, and also OHKOs most physically defensive walls. It annihilates sand teams, one of the most common playstyles currently. This is the set I would recommend using is:

Kingdra (F) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam

You can also run Surf over Hydro Pump, but it does cost you many 2HKOs such as on Porygon2 and Snorlax after a few rounds of hazards. Ice Beam is pretty replaceable though, so try running Surf over that as well. Anyway, good luck with the team and hope I helped!

Thanks for your suggestions guys :D

@Bouffalant: yea, it could work to fix my weakness to togekiss/BP teams, but I need that kind of snorlax to counter chandelures, which are pretty damn common in UU, and pursuit snorlax is probably the best counter for it.

@PsYch071c: mmh, I've always wanted to try that kingdra set, and I guess it could work, I'm definetely gonna try it out, thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)