Blue Tornado vs. TravelLog, mano a mano in the Desert Ruins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1vs1 Singles
0/0, 2-day DQ
Non-evolved mons that can evolve, send in one poke at random, etc.
Arena: Host's/Opponent's pick.
I'm down. And I'll choose Desert Ruins as the arena if that's fine with you.

Desert Ruins
In the midst of swirling sands of the desert lie a sight long unseen by travelers. Following a recent sandstorm, researchers were shocked to discover the ruins of massive temple complex. Most of the walls have long since crumbled to dust, but some of the smaller pockets of granite and mortar still remain, acting as caves for local pokemon like diglett, dugtrio, drillbur, and sigilyph. Numerous pillars rise high into the sky, and sandstorms begin and end without warning. In the center of the ruins is an enormous Megalith, with a hollowed out inside measuring 20ft by 20ft.

Anyone want to ref?
Just realised - TravelLog, I need you to specify whether items are on, and whether it's all, none, or one ability...

Anyway, Buggo, here we are, in the middle of a desert... For some reason... Yeah. Not particularly inspired for flavour tonight.

Team Blue Tornado:

Slowpoke(*) [Serene] (M)
Nature: Relaxed (Adds One (1) Rank to Defense; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.
Type: Water/Psychic
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Oblivious: (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being effected by Attract or Cute Charm.
Own Tempo: (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and cannot be confused by any method.
Regenerator (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and 10 HP is restored.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4 (+1)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 13 (15 / 1.15v)

EC: 1/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Curse(*)
Yawn(*)
Tackle(*)
Growl(*)
Water Gun(*)
Confusion(*)
Disable(*)
Headbutt(*)

Future Sight(*)
Me First(*)
Mud Sport(*)

Dive(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Toxic(*)
Trick Room

Team TravelLog:

Litwick [Danse Macabre] (Male) (*)
Nature: Modest (+SpA,-Atk)
Type: Ghost/Fire
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Flash Fire (Innate): This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Flame Body (Innate):This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Shadow Tag (DW/Innate):Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 20

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Level up:
Ember*
Astonish*
Minimize*
Smog*
Fire Spin*
Confuse Ray*
Night Shade*
Will-O-Wisp*
Flame Burst*
Imprison*

Egg:
Acid Armor*
Clear Smog*
Heat Wave*

TM:
Will-O-Wisp*
Calm Mind*
Toxic*

Gible [Bahamut] (*) (M)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Type: Dragon/Ground
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Sand Veil (Innate): This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Rough Skin (DW/Innate): When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent.

EC: 0/9

Stats:

Gible
Atk: Rank 4(+)
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 42

Attacks:
Level Up:
Tackle(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Take Down(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Slash(*)

Egg:
Outrage(*)
Rock Climb(*)
Iron Head(*)

TM:
Earthquake(*)
Roar(*)
Dig(*)

Breezi [Zephyr] (M) (*)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)
Type: Poison/Flying
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:

Persistent: (Innate) This Pokemon has a great affinity for odd field effects. When it uses one of these effects it increases their duration. Moves affected are Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Magic Room, Safeguard, Trick Room, Tailwind, and Wonder Room by an additional one (1) round or three (3) actions depending on the move.
Vital Spirit: (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Unburden(DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is incredibly possessive. If it uses or loses an item in battle its rage swells and its speed doubles (x2) until it receives another item.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1(-)
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 85

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Level Up:
Gust(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Tailwind(*)
Encore(*)
Knock Off(*)
Copycat(*)
Healing Beam(*)
Whirlwind(*)
Razor Wind(*)
Make Friends(*)

Egg:
Earth Power(*)
Wish(*)
Disable(*)

TM:
Energy Ball (*)
Toxic(*)
Taunt(*)

Well, we know what good old BT's using, so TravelLog, send out your mon, specify the stuff above, and order. Then BT orders and I ref. PLEASE GOD, TELL ME I'VE GOT THE ORDER RIGHT FOR ONCE.

Having finished my last battle, Zephyr is now like this:

Breezi [Zephyr] (M) (*)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)
Type: Poison/Flying
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:

Persistent: (Innate) This Pokemon has a great affinity for odd field effects. When it uses one of these effects it increases their duration. Moves affected are Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Magic Room, Safeguard, Trick Room, Tailwind, and Wonder Room by an additional one (1) round or three (3) actions depending on the move.
Vital Spirit: (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Unburden(DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is incredibly possessive. If it uses or loses an item in battle its rage swells and its speed doubles (x2) until it receives another item.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1(-)
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 85

EC: 1/6
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Level Up:
Gust(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Tailwind(*)
Encore(*)
Knock Off(*)
Copycat(*)
Healing Beam(*)
Whirlwind(*)
Razor Wind(*)
Make Friends(*)
Air Slash

Egg:
Earth Power(*)
Wish(*)
Disable(*)

TM:
Energy Ball (*)
Toxic(*)
Taunt(*)

Items=off
Abilities=one (Zephyr will be using Vital Spirit)

As for orders:
Let's get things moving with an air slash aimed directly at his Slowpoke. Because of the pillars, make sure that even if he dodges, the air slash will destroy a pillar and make it fall on top of him. From there, lets fire off an Energy Ball, then another Air Slash!

In summary:
Air slash to hit, if he dodges hit the pillar nearby, Energy Ball, Air Slash

why the fuck are people ignoring my rules

Trick Room ~ Yawn ~ Toxic

since none of these are close-range attacks, him hiding somewhere shouldn't be an issue at all

You never know. TravelLog's whole strategy could've been around confusing the fuck out of Slowpoke. BUT NOW HE CAN'T!

Serene (Own Tempo)
Energy: 100
Speed: 13
Boosts/Drops: 0
Actions: Trick Room >>> Yawn >>> Toxic (silently laughs to self)

Zephyr (Vital Spirit)
Energy: 100
Speed: 85
Actions: Air slash to hit, if he dodges hit the pillar nearby, Energy Ball, Air Slash

The two battlers stare down each other, looking like the badasses they are... A dopey whatever the hell a Slowpoke is, and a flea with a handkerchief parachute. The flea, Zephyr the Breezi moves first, and slashes at the air... Somehow. The resulting shockwave strikes Serene, though it doesn't bother his much, as his mind projects a psychedelic room around us... Suddenly, I feel much quicker! As does Serene, and Zephyr is slowed waaaaaay down! What a TRICKY room! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Using his newfound speed, Serene lets out a powerful Yawn... And while I'm certainly feeling drowsy from that, Zephyr isn't! It seems Blue Tornado simply hasn't thought this through, or neglected to take note of TravelLog selecting Vital Spirit as Zephyr's ability! The dopey thing gives BT an icy glare, and braces himself for the green Energy Ball Zephyr fires off at him. BOOM! Serene is knocked back a little, and the sound of the impact lures out a nearby Drilbur from its warren. Beware, anyone who disturbs it will incur its wrath! But for now, he watches carefully...

Serene now tries to inflict a different status, launching poisonous blobs at his opponent... But Zephyr is immune to it, being a poison type! Another critical misplay on Blue Tornado's part! He pays the price with another Air Slash to the face. Things look bad for the Slowpoke, but with Trick Room in effect, he may be able to turn it around. Blue Tornado better step up his game if he wants to win this match though!

Calcs:
Breezi used Air Slash (14 damage, 5 energy)
Slowpoke used Trick Room (9 energy)
Slowpoke used Yawn (7 energy)
Breezi used Energy Ball (17 damage, 6 energy)
Slowpoke used Toxic (7 energy)

Serene (Own Tempo)
HP: 55
Energy: 77

Zephyr (Vital Spirit)
Energy: 86

Trick Room is in effect for 4 more rounds. A wild Drilbur is roaming the field, watching carefully, he will leave at the end of next round. If he is hit by attack, he will counter with a move from his levelup movepool.

i do

also seriously was i that out of wack

Ice Beam ~ Future Sight ~ Ice Beam

if he uses energy ball or air slash twice or more, disable (on whichever move this is referring to) over ice beam

Alright, lets start out with a disable on his ice beam, followed by an encore to lock him into future sight (which can't be used more than once on top of itself). Finish up the round with an Energy Ball!

Apologies, but I'm totally bushed, and deeply annoyed by certain people. Not in a reftastic mood right now. I will ref this in the morning. If I haven't by 3pm GMT, VM me.

Round two! Can Blue Tornado turn his initial mistakes into victory?

Serene (Own Tempo)
HP: 55
Energy: 77
Actions: Ice Beam ~ Future Sight ~ Ice Beam

Zephyr (Vital Spirit)
Energy: 86
Actions: Disable (Ice Beam) >>> Encore >>> Energy Ball

Trick Room is in effect for 4 more rounds. A wild Drilbur is roaming the field, watching carefully, he will leave at the end of this round. If he is hit by attack, he will counter with a move from his levelup movepool.

It seems BT is eager to make up for his shortcomings, and presses home the type advantage Slowpoke has with an Ice Beam! Wow, that extra fervor they seem to have boosted its power! A critical hit! Yikes, Zephyr felt that one! No wonder he and TravelLog opt to Disable it! It's temporarily wiped from the dopey Pokémon's head! I AM USING LOTS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS! Drilbur is taking further interest in what's going on, and Hones his Claws, just in case.

The next step for team BT is to rip a hole in the fabric of time, and send an attack into it... Ok. Looks like it'll hit at the end of next round. Zephyr is so impressed by this display, he applauds violently. Don't ask me how, it's as weird to watch as it is to hear. But Serene is so flattered he decides to give a repeat performance for two actions!

As such, Serene tries to create another timewarp... But it fails! It appears he can only create one at a time. Aw, he's all embarrassed now... Great job, Zephyr, you prick. Adding injury to insult is another bright green energy ball, which goes KA-BLAM on Serene. Not so serene now... Drilbur is now bored, and returns to his warren. But more powerful attacks could lure out a new wild Pokémon.

Calcs:
Slowpoke used Ice Beam (crit) (18 damage, 7 energy)
Breezi used Disable (6 energy)
Drilbur used Hone Claws (+1 Atk, +1 Acc)
Slowpoke used Future Sight (7 energy)
Breezi used Encore (10 energy)
Slowpoke used Future Sight (7 energy)
Breezi used Energy Ball (17 damage, 6 energy)
Drilbur buggered off.

Serene (Own Tempo)
HP: 38
Energy: 56
Status: Ice Beam disabled for four more actions, Encored (Future Sight) for one action.

Zephyr (Vital Spirit)
HP: 72
Energy: 64

Trick Room is in effect for 3 more rounds.

TravelLog, please order. Then BT, then me again.

Great job Zephyr! Lets try to finish this up ASAP. Use Air Slash, followed by Energy Ball, and if he's still alive, wrap it up with Gust!

Alright, let's try not to be completely humiliated. Wait for that Encore to end and Disable that Energy Ball before it hits. Then just Confusion.

Future Sight like a stupido ~ Disable (Energy Ball) ~ Confusion

The Pokemon focuses on the memory of one of the foe's last three (3) actions, and uses telepathic powers to erase the memory of that attack from the opponent. The opponent is unable to use the selected attack for six (6) actions. If the Pokemon was ordered to use the locked attack in the same round it is Disabled, the move will fail. Disable can only affect one move at a given time.
Disable is for the three preceding actions, and Slowpoke is faster in TR. So it can Disable Energy Ball before Breezi uses it.

Thanks Venser! You are correct!

Serene (Own Tempo)
HP: 38
Energy: 56
Status: Ice Beam disabled for four more actions, Encored (Future Sight) for one action.
Actions: Future Sight like a stupido ~ Disable (Energy Ball) ~ Confusion

Zephyr (Vital Spirit)
HP: 72
Energy: 64
Actions: Air Slash - Energy Ball - Gust

Trick Room is in effect for 3 more rounds.

Potentially the final round begins. Unfortunately for Serene, he's still forced to try and rip more holes in time, but it fails. Sort of grateful for that. Time travel makes my head hurt. That's why I can't watch Doctor Who. Zephyr has no such worries, and Slashes at the Air once more, to knock Serene back a little.

Action 2, and Serene, having peered into the future three times in three actions, figures out what his opponent is about to do - another Energy Ball. But with some uncharacteristically quick thinking, he wipes Energy Ball from Zephyr's memory, so that he fails to fling one off!

In the final action of the round, Slowpoke finally takes the offensive. A weak jolt of psychic energy warps Zephyr's mind, and launches a rock into his face. Ouch. Zephyr responds by whipping up a whirlwind to strike Serene... But the Future Sight now takes effect! BAM, Zephyr didn't enjoy that! But this one's getting close...

Calcs:
Slowpoke used Future Sight. Failed (7 energy)
Slowpoke used Disable (6 energy)
Breezi used Energy Ball (6 energy)
Slowpoke used Confusion (12 damage, 2 energy)
Breezi used Gust (10 damage, 3 energy)
Future Sight struck! (10 damage)

Serene (Own Tempo)
HP: 14
Energy: 41

Zephyr (Vital Spirit)
HP: 50
Energy: 50

Trick Room is in effect for 2 more rounds.

BT's orders, then TravelLog. Then me.

Not entirely sure how that would work in the middle of the desert... but thanks to trick room, you move second Zephyr, so I want you to disable his dive after the first action, then Air Slash followed by another Air slash!

well i know i probably can't but i lose to an air slash anyway

plus if dive actually works its brokenness allows me to avoid most moves so there

gg :)

Wow, you guys are QUICK.

Serene (Own Tempo)
HP: 14
Energy: 41
Actions: DIVE DIVE DIVE!

Zephyr (Vital Spirit)
Energy: 50
Actions: Disable >>> Air Slash >>> Air Slash

Serene attempts to DIVE DIVE DIVE, but there's no water, so he faceplants into the sand, where he's easy pickings for Disable... if it didn't fail because there's a move already disabled. Tsk tsk. But it doesn't matter, because Air Slash happens, and it's game over for Serene! AND THERE GOES THE BATTLE!

Calcs:
Serene used Dive. Failed (5 energy)
Zephyr used Disable. Failed (6 energy)
Serene used Dive. Failed (5 energy)
Zephyr used Air Slash (14 damage, 5 energy)

Serene (Own Tempo)
HP: KO
Energy: 29

Zephyr (Vital Spirit)
Energy: 39

VICTOLY!

I gain 2 RC.

TravelLog and Blue Tornado gain 2 TC.

Both Pokémon gain 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC.

Zephyr gets a KO counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)