SM RU Bool’s Realm [Trick Room Offense] Peaked 42 (1588)

Bool's Realm

Hello everyone. It’s Geo/Eli, and I’m here with my Trick Room offense team that I cooked up. About a week ago, I got back into competitive Pokemon after a nearly two year hiatus. Seeing that Tangrowth was OU and that tier is dogshit, I decided to try out RU. I built a few teams encompassing a myriad of playstyles and sets, and ultimately decided that I thought Trick Room provided the highest potential for both climbing and effectiveness. Thus, I present ‘Bool’s Realm’.

First, I needed two Trick Room setters. I initially selected Bronzong, as it uniquely provided both Stealth Rocks and Explosion to efficiently facilitate. Secondly, I acquired Aromatisse to fulfill a cleric role, utilizing Wish and Aromatherapy to rejuvenate my wallbreakers.

Second, I needed three Trick Room abusers. Reuniclus and Escavalier appeared imminently viable. Their ability to underspeed the entire tier while dismantling balance cores with unprecedented coverage made them obvious choices. Lastly, I selected Tyrantrum, who serves as Moltres check and potent wallbreaker.

Third, I required a Pokemon who benefitted from the inherent wallbreaking abilities of the team. Thus, I opted for Belly Drum Linoone, who synergizes effectively. In order to halt the wallbreakers of the team, opponents substitute in overly passive tanks. Linoone capitalizes off this necessity by Belly Drumming at a decreased risk and cleaning up the rest of the team.

Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Explosion

Bronzong serves a defined, straightforward, and oftentimes telegraphed role within the team. Switch in, set up Stealth Rocks and Trick Room, and explode. Outside of facilitating, Bronzong lacks individual prowess. To maximize its effectiveness, I opted for Mental Herb, to guarantee either Stealth Rocks and Trick Room on any given turn. Iron Head was chosen over Toxic in order to deny Substitute Mismagius and to weaken lead Aerodactyl/Froslass.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Aromatisse, the second Trick Room setter, serves a more complex role than Bronzong. The cleric of the team also uniquely checks against Choice Band Heracross, at least providing a deterrent against clicking Close Combat 6 times. Additionally, the illustrious mono-fairy typing grants Aromatisse the ability to check DD Kommo-O, who otherwise dad dicks the remainder of the team. Max defense was chosen to provide a check to Heracross.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Reuniclus appeared the most obvious choice for a Trick Room abuser. Reuniclus’ coverage hits the primary threats of the tier, which forces standard balance players to predict and outplay the remainder of Trick Room. Trick Room was chosen for the last slot over Recover or Nasty Plot due to Reuniclus’ unique ability to draw Florges or Bronzong into play and get five more turns of Trick Room. Magic Guard was chosen due to the immunity to Life Orb recoil and hazards, as my team has no removal.

Escavalier @ Life Orb
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Drill Run
- Iron Head

Escavalier dismantles balance in Trick Room better than any other Pokemon in the tier. The prowess of Life Orb boosted, STAB Megahorn and Iron Head force 2HKOs or sacs reliably. Knock Off provides coverage for Ghost types, specifically Mismagius, who would otherwise terrorize my team. Drill Run hits Nidoqueen super effectively, which merits placement within the moveset. Escavalier also breaks walls for Linoone, specifically by KO’ing Doublade with Knock Off + Drill Run and KO’ing Donphan with Iron Head + Megahorn. Not many Pokemon effectively shut down +6 Linoone, and none of them stand up to Life Orb Escavalier. I opted for Swarm over Overcoat to add more damage and ability to 1v1 Gilgar under Trick Room at low health.

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Sleep Talk

Tyrantrum, which appears redundant as a wallbreaker, provides the ability to brute force through nearly every wall in the tier. Switch ins that avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Head Smash remain few and far between in SM RU, and you’ll be clicking this move a majority of the time. Earthquake chunks Doublade, the largest threat to the team, down to around half, meaning +6 Linoone kills with Stealth Rocks and Shadow Claw. Additionally, Earthquake protects against Nidoqueen and Registeel, who threaten to deny a Linoone sweep as the game drags on. Outrage provides high base power STAB to chunk down neutral targets. I hardly used it, and often opted for it when I required chip damage to win. Sleep Talk, the final move on this set, specifically targets Roserade and Yawn Torkoal variants who underspeed, thus outspeeding during Trick Room. Roserade has potent coverage and Sleep Powder in order to wear down my team, providing a unique benefit to running Sleep Talk. Additionally, Tryantrum’s ability to salvage precious Trick Room turns by Sleep Talking during Yawn enables efficient wallbreaking, which facilitates a Linoone sweep.

Linoone (F) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw

Linoone, one of the most dangerous sweepers in the tier, benefits greatly from the wallbreaking of the aforementioned Pokemon. Standing on the shoulders of Life Orb Tyrantrum and Escavalier, Linoone runs train on weakened Cofagrigouses, Doublade, and Donphan. In addition to synergizing well with the offensive potency of the team, Linoone effectively capitalizes on the Pokemon who trouble Trick Room the most. Oftentimes, passive walls avoid the 2HKO from one of the three Life Orb wallbreakers under Trick Room. After the terrain’s expiration, Linoone freely sets up on the likes of Florges, Comfey, -2 Rotom-Heat, Gligar, Bronzong, and -2 Goodra. While the listed Pokemon can deter Trick Room dominance, they fail to stop Linoone from Belly Drumming and sweeping the rest of their team. EVs credit of jesi -Tsunami-.

Gyro Ball SD Doublade smashes this team. It sets up on everything but Reuniclus and Escavalier and proceeds to dad dick the rest of the team.

Zoroark’s unique coverage troubles me until I set up Trick Room. When facing Zoroark, it remains imperative to Trick Room Kaboom with Bronzong to safely switch in the correct wallbreaker.

Escavalier enjoys Trick Room while forcing me to rely on my own to wall it. Thankfully, most run Assault Vest, but Choice Band variants pretty much get a free kill on every entry while Pursuit trapping Reuniclus.

Pangoro also dad dicks my team, forcing Aromatisse out every entry. This, in tandem with a competent player, can create insurmountable pressure.

Substitute Nasty Plot Mismagius threatens my entire team by setting up turn one. You can play around it by Iron Heading to break Substitute, but can easily get out of hand.

Dhelmise’s offensive potency and flexibility create issues for the team, essentially forcing a sac to set up Trick Room.

IMPORTABLE | PROOF OF PEAK

I’m a washed up, dogshit player who probably squanders the full potential of this team. I’d love to see it in the hands of a better player. This team literally prints Elo and goes up against mid ladder extremely well, would recommend to players looking for a freelo team.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)