Boosted Aliens

Off that loud pack and I'm high like a Martian,
All my girlfriends said I'm fine like a Martian,
Young based god and I'm based with the Martians,
Martians (x16)

INTRODUCTION

What's going on guys? So, let me start off by saying I've never been a great team builder. I struggle with putting pokemon with great synergy together. However with a lot of practice and experience I think I've come up with a team that seems to be working quite well for me. I hope you guys can help me improve this team. P.S shout out if you know that song lol.

IN-DEPTH LOOK

A TITAN (Gyarados) (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

The Standard Mega-Gyarados set. I wanted to build a team based around a powerful sweeper who once he gets set up can wash away my opponents entire team. I decided on Ice Fang over Stone Edge/ Substitute/ Payback and Bounce because I felt like Ice fang was more beneficial for handling any bulky grass types like Mega-Venasuar.

Martian (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Fire Blast

To partner with my Mega-Gyarados I wanted a bulky fairy type and the first one that came to mind was Clefable. I combined a sort of utility set with an offensive set. Moonblast for STAB obviously and Stealth rocks to help out against Focus Sash users, Sturdy Users and Pokemon that are weak to the rocks. Lastly I decided on Fire Blast because Skarmorys with whirlwind that would switch out my Set up Gyrados were troublesome and most leads that set up hazards are weak to fire.

DAKNESS (Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

The next pokemon I picked was Bisharp. He has great typing and very powerful STAB moves. Another reason I choose him was because pokemon with intimidate and sticky web could cause quite a bit of trouble to my team since I didn't have a spinner and the defiant ability absolutely shines when I switch him on sticky web. It's essentially a free SD and if I predict my opponent to switch than that's another SD I'm able to get off.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Aww Manaphy is so cute right ^_^... You could not be anymore wrong. When I first went up againt manaphy I seen him use Tail Glow and I though " Ok obviously he's going to use Baton pass" So I made the necessary switch as if he would have... Than I got swept. I decided he would be a great fit for my team because he could switch in on fire types that would cause problems for Bisharp and Steel types that would cause trouble for Clefable and Get off a tail glow for a nice sweep, which is the theme of my team. I'm not really liking this EV spread however He's really frail with it and I was wondering If maybe putting some HP EV's would help out with that ?

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

I put Porygon2 here because with Eviolite he's extremely bulky and he has a great Movepool, boosted by analytic. I usually switch him in when I see a wall that I want to poison and stall out. I tried Chansey but I didn't really like it that much simply because his move pool wasn't the best, Chansey is really bulky don't get me wrong but I preferred Porygon. However with some suggestions I would be open to replacing him.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Defog

Lastly I just wanted some type coverage I needed a defogger or rapid spinner because I found a lot of Pokemon were able to set up full hazards on me especially Deoxys-D and I needed a way to remove them. Also I needed access to a strong Psychic type move to handle Mega-Venasuar If My Gyarados wasn't fully set up to handle him. And lastly I wanted to use Healing wish to give my pokemon that needed to set up a second chance if needed when Latias or another pokemon removed the threat.

CONCLUSION

As I said before my team building skills are pretty much garbage, however I found with proper prediction this team works pretty well for me. I need a lot help to improve this team obviously so I decided to bring it here. I look forward to help!

Have A Based Day ^_^

Scotti

we back.
Its a pretty nice team nickelback, however, there are some flaws in your team that I see that can be fixed. Firstly, porygon2 does not seem to fit your team at all. I like how you use it to toxic walls, but most stall team carry heal bell so it doesn't really help you break through tough walls. Also bulky waters seem like a problem for your team, because they can stop bisharp and gyarados from sweeping. I think you should replace Porygon2 with Kyurem-B. Kyurem-B offers away to defeat a lot of tough walls, thanks to teravolt and its movepool. Kyurem-B also can switch into bulky water and use fusion bolt. Also mixed Kyurem-B can single handily defeat stall teams. I also think you should change Unaware to Magic Guard on clefable. The reason for that is because I don't seem Clefable doing much for your team with that set and unaware.

Here is the set for Kyurem-B that i recommend to defeat strong walls:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SpAtk / 252 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I hope i helped.

Its a pretty nice team nickelback, however, there are some flaws in your team that I see that can be fixed. Firstly, porygon2 does not seem to fit your team at all. I like how you use it to toxic walls, but most stall team carry heal bell so it doesn't really help you break through tough walls. Also bulky waters seem like a problem for your team, because they can stop bisharp and gyarados from sweeping. I think you should replace Porygon2 with Kyurem-B. Kyurem-B offers away to defeat a lot of tough walls, thanks to teravolt and its movepool. Kyurem-B also can switch into bulky water and use fusion bolt. Also mixed Kyurem-B can single handily defeat stall teams. I also think you should change Unaware to Magic Guard on clefable. The reason for that is because I don't seem Clefable doing much for your team with that set and unaware.

Here is the set for Kyurem-B that i recommend to defeat strong walls:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SpAtk / 252 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I hope i helped.
Kyruem-B is helpful and much better than porygon. He breaks walls much faster and isn't such a one trick pony like Porygon was.

I think you should use bounce on gyarados because it hits mega venusaur and conkeldurr really hard.
I'll try it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)