ORAS UU BOP IT

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi! It's been a while since I last posted an RMT, so I decided I'll show a fun little team I made around Reuniclus. No special occasion, I just wanted to make an RMT.

I named all the Pokemon after BOP IT! functions because it's a funny game with funny commands and its fun to just BOP everything.

I wanted to use Reuniclus because it's been getting a ton of attention in UU thanks to its Calm Mind set. I decided to run the Calm Mind set with Focus Blast as is most common and effective. As a result, it was completely walled by bulky Psychic-types and Doublade. So, how do you pick off Psychic-types and a Ghost- and Steel-type? You add Choice Band Krookodile, which can Pursuit all of them for pretty good damage and put some serious work in with Knock Off and Earthquake. Awesome. Now I need Stealth Rock as any good team does. Also, I'm kinda weak to Hydreigon at this point and bopping Fairy-types is always awesome. Therefore, I decided to run support Cobalion with Iron Head, which completes the Psychic / Dark / Fighting core and also helps against Mega Aerodactyl and the likes. Right now, I have no real way to break Water- and Dragon-types, so I decided I would try Choice Specs Whimsicott, which also gives me more insurance against Fighting-types. I added Crobat because I forget why and I like Crobat. Finally, I kinda just threw Rain Dance Swampert on there because its a good Pokemon and I was REALLY weak to Fire-types.

So yeah Reuniclus, Krookodile, Cobalion, Whimsicott, Crobat, and Mega Swampert.

I decided Whimsicott wasn't really doing what I wanted it to do and Swampert was kinda a throwaway for my Mega slot and couldn't really beat stuff like Entei, so I replaced Whimsicott with SD Abomasnow which beats bulky Water-types and can pick off Dragon-types with Ice Shard. I also replaced Swampert with Roarcune to beat stuff like Entei every time and phaze out Pokemon.

A Closer Look

BOP IT (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

The star of the show is none less than Reuniclus! This Pokemon has recently gained huge popularity in UU thanks to this Calm Mind set. It can set up on all sorts of things and is a great Scald switch-in thanks to Magic Guard, making it impossible to sleep or paralyze later in the game. The set is basically as standard as can be with maximum physical Defense and HP. I opted for Focus Blast over Shadow Ball or Thunder Wave because basically everything it doesn't hit is covered by my next Pokemon and I always think of Thunder Wave as more of a lure than a sweeper, which is what I intended Reuniclus to be when building the team.

TWIST IT (Krookodile) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Superpower

The best trapper in UU is no other than Krookodile. Krookodile is incredibly important to the function of the team and helping Reuniclus sweep. It removes Pokemon such as Cresselia, Slowking, Doublade, Chandelure, and even other Reuniclus (Reunicli?). The EVs and first three moves are super duper standard, but at the same time are all really important. Knock Off and Pursuit are what make Krookodile the Krookodile I need it to be, as strong Knock Offs basically destroy anything weak to it and STAB Pursuit basically ensures Psychic- and Ghost-types only see the field once per match. Earthquake just makes it even harder for Doublade and Chandelure to switch in and it also allows Krookodile to take out Steel-types, which is just one less Psyshock resist Reuniclus has to deal with. Superpower is kind of just a filler move but I chose it over Stone Edge because I hate letting Hydreigon switch in on Krookodile.

PULL IT (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head

Cobalion is really just an amazing Pokemon in UU right now. It just has such a beautiful typing and movepool and can be customized to do just about any role you would want. For this team, I chose the role of Stealth Rock support. Steal Rock is just about the most important move in the game, and if you don't have it, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. Cobalion is really important in that it also beats stuff including, but not limited to, SD Lucario, (non-Earthquake) Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Beedrill, Mega Abomasnow, Mega Sharpedo, Kyurem, Hydreigon, and more! I opted for Iron Head over Taunt because it gives my team an easier time against Fairy-types and the likes and is also useful for being an attacking move that doesn't lower defenses.

Also being cheeky with flinch hax is super funny.

FLICK IT (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

I've actually never used Abomasnow before making this team, but I'm happy I've used it now. Abomasnow is my check to the Dragon- and Water-types common in UU. As long as it doesn't get burned by Scald all the time (and even sometimes if it does) it can boost up and smack everything with a nice n' strong STAB Wood Hammer. Ice Shard is AWESOME for picking off Pokemon like Salamence, Whimsicott, and Hydreigon as a revenge kill or late-game at +2. Set is standard as standard can be.

SPIN IT (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

If I could sum up Crobat's existence in a few words, they would be kill Heracross and clear hazards. Crobat does a few jobs really well. It basically hard counters every Grass- or Fighting-type in UU as long as Shaymin doesn't click Psychic on the switch (provided it's running it) or a Fighting-type clicks Stone Edge and it doesn't miss. Set is standard, but it does what it needs to do. The most important part of using Crobat on this team, however, is that if the opponent has a Fighting-type, especially Heracross, play Crobat very conservatively unless against given Fighting-type, as CB Heracross really goes to town on this team. Also, Defogging is important because removing hazards is always nice but it is especially important for Abomasnow which needs Stealth Rock off the field.

SHOUT IT (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Roar
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Suicune is S rank in UU right now, and for good reason. It is just so bulky and blanket checks so many things all at the same time. I opted for a Roar set because it's always really nice to phaze out Pokemon such as (insert Fire-type), Mega Sharpedo (RIP Speed boosts), Feraligatr, especially Substitute ones, Mega Swampert, and DD Salamence. Also, just clicking Scald against just about everything is a pretty good strategy for spreading burns to wear down the opposing team and cushion physical blows against my own. Like I said before, I replaced Swampert with this because it beats Pokemon like Entei all the time. There really just isn't enough to say about this Pokemon, so I'm not going to bother trying to say it.

A Final Look

Thanks for reading guys!

Last edited:

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There aren't really way too many changes I would make, but I'll post a few small things here

Running Taunt somewhere on Cobalion is something I would like to do, but I don't know where I would put it. Also a Chople Berry or something would give a little more help against Heracross

Running Mixed Abomasnow would definitely make it a lot harder for Heracross to switch in, so I'm considering that

Running AcroBat over Black Sludge and Brave Bird is something I might like

Also as you can see Heracross is a REALLY big threat to this team lol

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
What's up Ununhexium, cool looking team :]. It's always really cool to see a Mega Abomasnow around, the thing's honestly a monster all around and really needs to be used more. But anyway, onto the rate n_n

• So first off, I'd just like to recommend a few EV changes, on Crobat, just messing with the spread you have, I'd like to recommend using the spread 224 HP / 48 Atk / 236+ Spe. The extra speed is really essential to outspeed Modest Mega Sceptile and Adamant Mega Beedrill, which most people tend to run nowadays anyway for the extra power.
  • The next spread I'd like to change is Suicune's. On RoarCune, speed is extremely needed cause there's a bunch of Calm Mind Roar Cunes out there that run a little bit a speed to creep other cunes. But anyway, I'd recommend using the spread 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe. Most Suicunes invest in the 20s so I felt that 32 would be a nice number to outrun a lot of them :]
  • Next, I know you were thinking about running Mega Abomasnow, and I'd like to recommend it. Mixed is honestly extremely hard to switch into, especially its Special STABs, with a strong Blizzard and Giga Drain to recover any health lost from SR, faster mons, etc. Here's the set I usually use, I saw that you ran Speed on yours so I modified the one I use to run speed @_@. But anyway, here's the set

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
    Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 16 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
    Mild Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake/Focus Blast

• Lastly, since you're not using Swords Dance Abomasnow anymore, I'd like to recommend using SD Stealth Rock Cobalion, so pretty much just Swords Dance over Volt Switch. I found that this team had a pretty hard time with Snorlax after it got a Curse or two up, so Swords Dance Coba gives you that nice check as well as a great late game sweeper that was lost when Aboma went mixed.
But yeah, this is a very solid team before those small changes and I believe it still will be after, so I hope you consider them! Good luck with your team man :]

As much as this team hates doublade (despite the cb krook and roarcune) I cant really endorse SD cobal.

Specialy based mixed HP fire megasnow seems like a cool addition though.

I feel sky plate offensiv bat more than fatbat here, UU is super light on bird resists and it can core "well enough" with volt brobalion.

Ebelt or fist plate on brobalion both feel more useful than lefties tbh.

Edit: yeah I mean SD cobal just makes the team weaker to skillblades.

To explain skybat. I feel like crobat takes negligible damage from all of hera's moves sans stone edge anyways so smashing their pivot out of cross harder with crobat can help you break down their core faster than cross breaks down yours due to the weakness of bird resists in the tier and their general lack of reliable recovery. The added offensive presence is just a bonus.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

What's up Ununhexium, cool looking team :]. It's always really cool to see a Mega Abomasnow around, the thing's honestly a monster all around and really needs to be used more. But anyway, onto the rate n_n

• So first off, I'd just like to recommend a few EV changes, on Crobat, just messing with the spread you have, I'd like to recommend using the spread 224 HP / 48 Atk / 236+ Spe. The extra speed is really essential to outspeed Modest Mega Sceptile and Adamant Mega Beedrill, which most people tend to run nowadays anyway for the extra power.
  • The next spread I'd like to change is Suicune's. On RoarCune, speed is extremely needed cause there's a bunch of Calm Mind Roar Cunes out there that run a little bit a speed to creep other cunes. But anyway, I'd recommend using the spread 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe. Most Suicunes invest in the 20s so I felt that 32 would be a nice number to outrun a lot of them :]
  • Next, I know you were thinking about running Mega Abomasnow, and I'd like to recommend it. Mixed is honestly extremely hard to switch into, especially its Special STABs, with a strong Blizzard and Giga Drain to recover any health lost from SR, faster mons, etc. Here's the set I usually use, I saw that you ran Speed on yours so I modified the one I use to run speed @_@. But anyway, here's the set

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
    Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 16 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
    Mild Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake/Focus Blast

• Lastly, since you're not using Swords Dance Abomasnow anymore, I'd like to recommend using SD Stealth Rock Cobalion, so pretty much just Swords Dance over Volt Switch. I found that this team had a pretty hard time with Snorlax after it got a Curse or two up, so Swords Dance Coba gives you that nice check as well as a great late game sweeper that was lost when Aboma went mixed.
But yeah, this is a very solid team before those small changes and I believe it still will be after, so I hope you consider them! Good luck with your team man :]
I'll be sure to try out Abomasnow and Cobalion

I always run creep on Suicune but I didn't want to post it :P
As much as this team hates doublade (despite the cb krook and roarcune) I cant really endorse SD cobal.

Specialy based mixed HP fire megasnow seems like a cool addition though.

I feel sky plate offensiv bat more than fatbat here, UU is super light on bird resists and it can core "well enough" with volt brobalion.

Ebelt or fist plate on brobalion both feel more useful than lefties tbh.
SD Cobalion doesn't really help against Doublade at all if that's what you mean :/

Running Sky Plate on Crobat seems fun at first, especially on a team that likes offensive presence like this, but then I'm even more Heracross weak and I really can't afford that

Thanks for the help guys :)

I'm using the very same team, with mence and florges instead of krook and crobat.

I'd just suggest Thunder Wave on Cobalion instead of Volt Switch, as it is an often unexpected move, and really help Obama cleaning late game

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If you're weak to heracross the solution is to run less speed on crobat, not more. Something like 136 Spe Jolly gives you room to run more bulk while still outspeeding Azelf who can be an annoyance to the team. A bit more is useful for Whimsicott but it isn't staying in on you anyways. Also, if Superpower is such a filler move on Krook why not try out AAce to murder Hera and clear the way for Reun + Aboma. Other than that, the team looks solid. I definitely view Lefties as the best item for coba on this team since you have solid mamo answers and Chople only helps versus Hera and you handle most other fighters decently well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)