1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

"Borderline"

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Stagnant, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Stagnant

Stagnant

This has just occurred to me. In our current UU process we move "broken" Pokemon from UU into the Borderline. Now, currently we have a tier below UU called NeverUsed. Technically, those now BL Pokemon usages are non-existent in the UU tier as well as the OU tier, obviously. Therefore, BL Pokemon should be moved down to the next tier, NU, and be tested.

A Pokemon who's counters/ checks were considered unorothdox are now a more viable option. The best example here would be Camerupt and Raikou.

Thoughts and opinions?
  2. swinub

swinub

That would be way too confusing.

Pokemon that work fine in NU, but are too powerful for UU. So they are allowed in NU, but not UU? Besides that would force testing Uber pokemon in UU, which would not work.
  3. Thund91

Thund91

What in NU can handle Staraptor? All I see is Luxray and Ampharos and even they can get worn down. The metagame would be teams of just the suspects and they're limited counters. Not fun.
  4. jrrrrrrr

jrrrrrrr wubwubwub
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

What? lol. They still have usages in OU. Since they were voted BL, it no longer matters what their usage stats are because they are seen as broken in UU (and subsequently, broken in any tier below UU as well). Why would something like Staraptor not be broken in NU, when it has almost 50 more potential counters in the tier above it and it is still broken? Your thread doesn't even make sense from a logical standpoint. It seems that you don't understand that NU pokemon are allowed in UU. There is nothing stopping you from using Camerupt to counter Raikou.
  5. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Fantastic idea: This Pokemon is way too good, let's move it to a LOWER tier!!!!!

6. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

this might be the stupidest thing i have ever seen
  7. Theorymon

Theorymon ☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Hell, if Kyogre's going to be NU reachzero, might as well bring down Darkrai and Deoxys-S. Delibird will always beat Darkrai and Deoxys-S leads anyways, while Choice Specs Surskit and Choice Scarf Primeape will OHKO Darkrai after Stealth Rock. Kyogre will be eaten by Quagisre too... my god this guy is a GENIUS!
  8. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

How can you say "BL Pokemon usages are non-existent in the UU tier"? Maybe you wanted to say "non-existent in the UU metagame" or "non-existent in UU play". So okay, I'll give you that.

But, if you also wanted to say "OU play" instead of "OU tier" later on in that sentence, can I hunt you down, grab your head and plunge your skull in a wall repeatedly?
  9. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

itt we finally realize that X-Act is both a talented mathematician AND a world class serial killer O_O
  10. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Actually I was going to hit my head on the wall several times myself after seeing the original post, but then I said to myself "it's better if I force the original poster to do it instead".
  11. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

What is this talk about testing ubers like Kyogre and Darkrai in NU? That makes absolutely no sense. Those pokemon already belong to the uber tier and are actively played there. It would be silly to move them down to NU and test them out.

However, since Arceus isn't in a tier at all, I think it needs to be tested with other NU pokemon. That's what the OP says, if you guys would take the time to, like uh... read it?!? NU means "NEVER USED". I think Arceus is, like, the most NU pokemon in, like, all of pokemon.

Duh...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)