1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Gen 3 Boring team, care to rate?

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Dekzeh, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Dekzeh

Dekzeh It's the sound of the world ending.
    is a Pre-Contributor

Celebi @ Leftovers ** My Direction
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 16 Spd / 176 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Leech Seed
    - Recover
    - Substitute

I lead with Celebi, no problems with that. Kewl <3.

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers ** Pieces
    Trait: Shell Armor
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 64 SAtk / 176 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
    - Rest
    - Spikes

Cloyster seems to work great for me lately, in love with this. Safely Rest in front of Hydro Pumping Pert and no TBolt Starmie.

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers ** Dear Father
    Trait: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    - Encore

Originally had DDTar, but... why not?

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers ** Best of Me
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 76 HP / 232 Atk / 200 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Rock Slide
    - Toxic

Toxic > HP Bug since I dont care about Celebi, since it means free Sub for my own Cele. Toxic is enough for Claydols. Speed for base 80's (hi Medicham). This thing is lovely behind a BPassed Sub.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers ** Ma Poubelle
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP / 38 Atk / 136 Def / 40 Spd / 56 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Restalk Pert just because a Toxic'd Pert is a bad Pert and lately I've been facing stuff like Toxic TTar and Toxic Meta, but that's probably just me.

Metagross @ Leftovers ** No Apologies
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 204 HP / 56 Atk / 136 Def / 112 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Needs Restalk because it's my answer for Boltbeamer Regice. Great no DD TTar counter. It's just good you know.

Other then my glaring Hera weakness that I can't seem to fix and some minor Gyara problem (Cloyster kinda hurts Gyara but it's not very reliable), I don't see much problems. Rate it now :<
  2. iMarik

iMarik

This team seems pretty solid. You seem to lack a more reliable special wall. Some secial sweepers will swipe though this team. Like Elemence and also fullspecialgengar weakness (fire/ice/tb/gigadrain) and a fire punch alakazam weakness too.

You could switch out the flygon for a more reliable special wall like snorlax or regice, that way you will not have the special attaking weaness anuymore,

and i must say that it is nice to use azumarill, but the lack of stab makes it..well not that good. But i am sure you know thtat and just use it because you like it so i will not suggest a replacement. The rest of the team seems ok.
  3. Dekzeh

is a Pre-Contributor

Yeah, I am weak to some stuff, but stuff not much used (Sunny Day Houndoom, Elemence and Alakazam mainly). Using TTar back over Azumarill would help against Doom and Zam, but still, Azumarill is too sexy to drop for ugly TTar.

My main concern is Hera ._.
  4. Umby

Umby I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I can definitely see you replacing Flygon, especially since Milotic is going to be a bitch after taking the Toxic. Plus you have Celebi and Swampert taking HP Grass and HP Ice Zapdos respectively. Light Screen Zapdos would be kinda cool on cut down some more on Boah issues, especially the ones that are carrying goddamned Flamethrower over Thunderbolt lately. Also counters Gyarados (durr).
  5. Dekzeh

is a Pre-Contributor

Celebi will lose to HP Grass Raikou.

Toxic'd Milotic = Bad Milotic, Marvel Scale doesn't make it likes Toxic.. if it does not Restalk it'll just wear down with time and even lose one on one to Restalk Meta. And if it does Restalk.. Toxic doesn't matter >.> Milotic means free spikes too, I don't need to take it down when I can set up on it. if its last poke, Leech Seed does the job. After something takes the sleep, Azumarill also can set-up on it.
  6. iMarik

iMarik

any real hard hitting fighting type will be painful btw. not only heracross.
    what about medicham, or blaziken.
  7. Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus

After it switches in an Recovers from Toxic damage, it can switch out, and the Toxic rate has to start over again. Meanwhile Milotic is at high health with a boosted defense, and easily switches in on Cloyster/Swampert/Metagross/Flygon. I never really meant for my statement to call it a threat to the team, but it will become more of a bitch to take on.
  8. Nightsever

Nightsever

you could drop cloyster or azumarill for mence to fix the fighting weak and the gyara weak
  9. Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus

He needs the Spikes because his Pokemon aren't overpowering anything, and not using Azumarill would make it lose its cool factor.
  10. {fcc}stelth

{fcc}stelth

As said, Raikou and Zapdos love this team.

Two RestTalkers.
    Cool.

Unfortuatly(sp?) I think Azumarill should go, it doesn't help this team at all. Replace it with a special sweeper, something you lack.
  11. Nightsever

Nightsever

flygon+swampert beat electrics

not every team needs a special sweeper
  12. iMarik

iMarik

true but if celebi is gone , then something like cm cune kills.
  13. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

If you dont mind the extra fly weak, hypnoPunch poliwrath over azu could be fun, and would also enjoy subs from celebrat
  14. Dekzeh

is a Pre-Contributor

If counter to X pokemon dies, X pokemon sweeps.
    Isn't that obvious?

Anyway, Azumarill can kinda take on Suicune, forcing it to rest, then either Focus Punching or encoring it's Sleep Talks when it wakes up.

Celebi is my main electric counter but I need Flygon/Swampert to beat Raikou or Metal Sound Zapdos.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)