1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

boss team of parahax and trick room

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by lucariojr, Nov 1, 2011.

1. lucariojr

lucariojr goodra will hunting
    is a Contributor to Smogon

[​IMG]
    Come at me bro.:pimp:

This team may not be as fun to play with as my DJ SNOOPS team was, but it's one of my most successful, even on Politoed infested Random WiFi. This is what I currently have in my battle box, and probably won't use again unless there's another VGC11 tournament like this, but I just wanted to know what someone else thought of this team.

[​IMG]
    Sgt. Floyd @ Chople Berry
    Adamant (Moxie)
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe / 2 SpD

Fake Out
    Detect
    Drain Punch
    Crunch

Scrafty is an amazing Pokemon and everyone should use him. Don't bother with wimpy items like Sitrus or Leftovers, people! I can't tell you how many times Floyd maimed another Scrafty just because the opposition didn't have Chople. I used Shed Skin for a while, but Moxie usually does better.

[​IMG]
    FUNGAFUNGA @ Coba Berry
    Bold (Effect Spore)
    122 HP / 136 Def / 200 SpD / 52 Spe

Protect
    Spore
    Rage Powder
    Giga Drain

These may look like random EVs, but--ah what the hell, they are random EVs. They helped me heal more from Giga Drain, take Acrobatics better, and outrun wimpy 12 Speed Amoonguss. I was also surprised to not see any Lum Berries on opposing Amoonguss, but oh well.
    [​IMG]
    Janice @ Focus Sash
    Modest (Flash Fire)
    232 HP / 36 Def / 238 SpA / 4 Spe

Trick Room
    Protect
    Heat Wave
    Shadow Ball

Quite possibly the MVP of this team. When I was down and out with the opponent breathing down my neck with Tailwind up and/or a Haxorus with +1 Attack and Speed, she tightened her sash and turned the tables with a surprise Trick Room. It also checks Scarf Chandelure/Jellicent handily, and I usually switched her into Overheats aimed at FUNGAFUNGA. Probably the only match I lost using her was a very odd match with a non-Scarfed Timid Jellicent.

also

屮(◕++◕)屮ハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ O

FLAMETHROWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    ライチン @ Chararti Berry
    Timid (Prankster)
    6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Thunder Wave
    Protect
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power (Ice)

I probably would've used bulky Thundurus, but I didn't have a clone and I wanted to get registered. Plain Thundurus with (rock resist berry name here) works just as well anyway, and I won a few important speed ties with other Thundurus. Hidden Power Ice over Flying because my team is ever so slightly Landorus weak, and I like Hydreigon gone as well.

[​IMG]
    Clifford @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant (Justified)
    244 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP / 6 Def / 4 SpD

Close Combat
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Quick Attack

Probably the LVP of the team. I'm not quite sure why I tried Scarf without testing it, as it was supposed to check triple genie, but it usually got outsped with Thunder Wave and Tailwind. When picking my 4 battlers, I effectively had only 5 Pokemon to use. Yeah, maybe I'll switch to Jolly non-scarfed or stop using Terrakion on this team.

[​IMG]
    BOSS EEL @ Flying Gem
    Adamant (Levitate)
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe

Acrobatics
    Rock Slide
    Thunder Wave
    Wild Charge

OY YOU DONT MESS WITH THE BOSS EEL YALL!!! Seriously though, after looking over the team, I realized I was a little too weak to Conkeldurr and Amoonguss for my liking. This slot used to be a Hydreigon, but once you use Acrobatics Eel, you never look back. I also thought I could use more Thunder Wave, so I switched it over Protect. Believe it or not, this little change was probably key to many victories, as people just don't see Eelectross as a threat so it can just sit there and spam Thunder Wave and Rock Slide to its heart's content. Acrobatics takes out silly Conkeldurr that Protect (not Detect) first turn, leaving them vulnerable to the wrath of BOSS EEL.

Common Parings:

[​IMG]+[​IMG]

If I suspect a Chandelure lead, this is what's going to happen. BOSS EEL usually gets Faked Out, and I switch to Janice and laugh in the face of Overheat or Heat Wave. If they don't Fake Out EEL, then something's getting Paralyzed or taken out.

[​IMG]+[​IMG]

This is my anti Terracotta lead. Terracotta users are inherently geared to use Tailwind and Protect Terrakion (even when they don't need it), so I Drain Punch Terrakion just in case it doesn't Protect, and Trick Room in their faces. Sometimes they simply disconnect when they see Trick Room come up.

[​IMG]+[​IMG]

I think this was used in Worlds quite a lot, and I can see why. I Thunder Wave something that could be a problem, and Fake Out the other Pokemon. Terrakion now finds itself unable to outspeed and KO the very Pokemon it was meant to kill (on top of that they both carry resist berries that nullify their main moves) and is forced to Protect. Friggin pussy.

[​IMG]+[​IMG]

Just your standard issue anti pure Trick Room lead. Janice is in the back to reverse Trick Room while the opponent sleeps (and to absorb Gigalith's Explosion, which is painfully obvious).
  2. tikidude

tikidude

Why do you have speed evs when this is a trick room team? Why do you use paralysis if this is a trick room team? Why on earth does only one of your pokemon know trick room if this is a trick room team?!
    I<3 eel.
  3. lucariojr

lucariojr goodra will hunting
    is a Contributor to Smogon

news flash: trick room teams don't have to be dedicated trick room teams
  4. PurpleDragonite

PurpleDragonite

^what tikidude said. You need more Trick Room Set-uppers. Once your chandelure dies, you're pretty much screwed
  5. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

again, vgc teams don't have to be fully one archetype or another to be successful. he's only using one trick room user because his team does not fully rely on trick room. For example, vs slower teams or pure trick room teams, he would have a harder time getting past if his team was all trick room.

edit: i don't have much to say about the team itself, except maybe replace terrakion with a CB if you dont need it scarfed
    grats on the ranking!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)