1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bosshao

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by asterat, Jan 27, 2013.

1. asterat

asterat

Hi. I could write a pointless paragraph about my history as a competitive pokemon player or this teams success or how I built it or my life, but that would be pointless wouldn't it? This whole RMT is short and to the point. I wish all RMTs were like this, the amount of free time you have does not impress anybody. All you need is like two sentences max to show what your pokemon do so why put more?
    In Depth:
    [​IMG]
    Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 152 HP / 104 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
    Choice band tyranitar is not neccesary for this team to operate but it is a great tank with its monstrous special defense under sandstorm and also helps to remove reuniclus for anyone still using it and the lati twins which makes heatran instantly more threatening as well as making mienshao a much less easily walled mon. Trapping jellicent is probably the highlight of choice band tyranitar though. The moves are standard and the EVs are standard for fast CB tar.

[​IMG]
    Mienshao @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
    Naive Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - U-turn
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    Mienshao is really underrated in this metagame, it is basically terrakion with no defense or fire resist but it can plow through gliscor and landorus and u turn. It also has fake out which can sort of help against fast stuff. Hi jump kick comes close to OHKOing rotoms. Scarf is something I have been testing it is more insurance against some crap but I usually don't find it neccesary. Usually DDers can be handled by heatran and gliscor. However if they die I'm totally boned so idk >.<

[​IMG]
    Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 192 SAtk / 72 HP / 244 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Roost
    LO latias is the best non fail keldeo check in this metagame and also helps to deal with landorus, chosen over celebi or whatever because it can also deal with sun. Ground immunity is also really cool in such a spikes centered metagame. EVs give me 319 HP for LO and enough speed to beat virizion, keldeo, and terrakion and KO with a psyshock. Hidden power fire over surf because ferrothorn and scizor are gay. Latias and heatran are my primary ways to deal with sun, and latias handles breloom decently.

[​IMG]
    Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 212 HP / 216 Spd / 80 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Protect
    Swords dance gliscor is still a great threat and cleaner. Landorus t has better attack and shit but gliscor has poison heal and ice fang for other gliscor and landorus t also much better vs dragonite and salamence so gliscor is a better SDer. Double dance landorus t is a shitmon, especially on the defensive side. Protect>Taunt for longevity. Evs are for poison heal and enough to outspeed lucario and almost always OHKO with EQ.

[​IMG]
    Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 224 SDef / 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 8 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    Rotom-W is a really good defensive water type and he can pretty much manhandle rain teams with WoW and volt switch. The EVs allow me to OHKO gliscor and the speed speed creeps 4 speed SpD rotoms. The rest is thrown into bulk to take random crap like gengar and latios, the latter makes pain split worthwhile. I have considered scarfkeldeo here so I can keep my life orb mienshao. However rotom is pretty essential so I would like to keep him at all costs. There is nothing to say here, it is a rotom.

[​IMG]
    Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 56 HP / 200 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stealth Rock
    Heatran is a boss and good as ever, once mienshao and latias have gotten rid of rotom he can plow through shit. Bulk is really cool on heatran, for example this spread lets me outspeed dragonite, adamant breloom, and jolly mamoswine. The HP lets me take shit like +2 landorus 2 LO stone edge which I could not before. Heatran sets up stealth rock importantly and switches in on mew and sableye who are always total assholes to my sand teams (which is why most of them look like this).

Have a nice day.
  2. Volty

Volty

I just have a couple of ideas at this time, when you say that Meienshao is just a worse Terrakion why would you use it over Terrakion? Just a little something to think about i guess lol.

Now, I know you like gliscor and all but all in all he is not the best sweeper as he is outclassed badly by other swords dance sweepers. A better one would be say lucario, or a dragon Like Dragonite or Haxorus ect. Or you could even opt for another special sweeper to have more force on that side as you have banded T-Tar to destroy physical.

Now this team seems a little on the slower side so if you replace Meinshao with Terrakion and slap a scarf on it you have an exellent evenge killer and cleaner. Which i feel this team may need.

Well im out for now ill edit on to this if i get anymore ideas. So for now ill cya later!
  3. Mr. Green

Mr. Green

Hi, there

Very solid team. Starting with Latias, put Surf> HP Fire Latias on, just to Ferrothorn, in most cases it is facing against rain teams, and has investments in special defense, so there's still a lot of damage you do with HP Fire. To kill Ferrothorn, considering that with the support of Stealth Rock can count on to Superpower Tyranitar, Hi Jump Kick Mienshao, Heatran and of course also with Swords Dance Gliscor, while Scizor and Gliscor and Heatran you wanting Rotom-W, Surf is a improves coverage for the third slot in so far as, under rain becomes pseudo-STAB and can be used to kill Landorus without having to resort to Draco Meteor.

To put these evs spread Gliscor: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd. in this way are more durable and you can dance with more confidence, also Evs in speed needed to overcome Tyranitar Max Spd Adamant Breloom and all.

For Rotom-W would try Thunder Wave> Will-o-Wisp, essentially for Keldeo which could give problems, with its Hydro Pump under rain and with the rocks with two Hydro Pump does enough damage even at Latias, with Thunder Wave paralyze the depriving the big speed and then you can go to Volt Switch or Pain Split.

I noticed a weakness that the team is Volcarona with HP Ground, solve the weakness that seems to Volcarona quite substantial especially HP Ground has a safe solution would Scarf Terrakion> Mienshao that goes on and kills Quiever Dance Volcarona with Stone Edge overtaking at speed.
    Another solution would be to change set in specially defensive Heatran with Toxic and Leftovers> Air Balloon, which stops all sets except with Volcarona HP Ground. So a safer solution is Scarf Terrakion, although both are worth a try to see how the solution of two finds us better. That is all.
    Good luck, with your team!

tl;dr
    Show Hide

Surf > HP Fire (for Latias)
    252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd (for Gliscor)
    Thunder Wave > Will-o-Wisp (for Rotom-W)

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Earthquake
    or
    Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Protect
  4. Hypercut

Hypercut

Hello Asterat.

This is a very nice team, from Band Tyranitar, have not seen him for quite a while and has always been one of the Pokémon that with Choice Band does a lot of damage. In this team I would like to see Keldeo, which paired with Tyranitar, it's really devastating, because Tyranitar delete his counter, such as Latios and Latias, I do not think that will remain on the field for a lot by seeing Tyranitar on your team, if they don't want to risk being Pursuited. Once they're out, Keldeo can open huge holes in the opposing team, and if it is put scarf, also serves as revengekiller, and he can work quite well. Mienshao is one of the many underrated Threat, Fake Out allows you to scout the opponent item, and can be useful especially in the early game, where you have more information the better is. I strongly recommend you Keldeo > Mienshao, and with Hidden Power Grass for Gastrodon or Quagsire.

Gliscor is a Pokemon that is now very little used, so it can be very unexpected, although I believe in this team Rock Polish Landorus is better, because it does a lot more damage and as Lategame sweeper is devastating. I suggest this spread: 70 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe. With 188 Spe, after a Rock Polish, you outspeed Timid Venusaur under Sun, and consequently the whole metagame.

Rotom in this metagame is really great, is able to take enough hard hit, physical or special, and in the case of physical attackers, you can burn them with Will-O-Wisp. Your spread is well studied, but in this case I would recommend you change with the following: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe. Maximize the defense allows you to just keep better physical attackers, and your recover move is Pain Split.

Tl;Dr

Show Hide
    Keldeo @ Choice Scarf | Justified
    Timid Nature | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hydro Pump / Secret Sword / Hidden Power [Grass] / Surf

Landorus @ Life Orb | Sheer Force
    Modest Nature | 70 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
    Earth Power / Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice] / Rock Polish

Rotom-W @ Leftovers | Levitate
    Bold Nature | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Volt Switch / Hydro Pump / Will-O-Wisp / Pain Split

Good Luck!
  5. Asek

Asek A heart of stone, a smoking gun
    is a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Hi

Cool team. I haven't rated in a while so forgive me if I don't give the best advice! Anyways first off, I would change your latias's moveset like Mr.Green suggested with the Surf > Hidden Power [FIRE] change. The IV drop is a pain and Surf is generally better, the only target you miss out on is ferrothorn, who is an invitation for your mienshao to come in and HJK it to death. Surf lets you avoid the IV drop as well so you can change your EV's. Max speed is now reccomened so changing your EV's to 64HP / 192SpA / 252Spe is highly reccomened. The neglibile amount of bulk lost isn't really that much, the extra speed lets you outspeed opposing HP [FIRE] Latias and Latios which can be crucial in a situation againt an opposing specs latios or LO Latias. This is a lot more useful than the ability to hit ferrothorn which 3 out of your team members already hit very hard.

Swords Dance Gliscor is very average in the stanard metagame, it is straight up blown away by too many common threats which makes it hard to set up, and even when it does get set up it is very weak and easy to wall. It is just plain bad in the current metagame I'm afraid to say. This slot could be taken up a lot better by a Rock Polish Landorus-I. Landorus is a very solid sweeper in the current metagame, after a rock polish you are outspeeding the whole metagame and breaking through the vast majority of it. Earth Power destroys nearly all grounded threat, and the rock polish helps greatly against offensive teams which your team struggles against currently. If you do decide to use Gliscor please try out Substitute / Taunt > Protect. Taunt turns usual switch ins such as skarmory into set up bait while substitute lets you avoid revenge killers such as the massive amount of pokemon that outspeed and smash gliscor hard in the current metagame. Keldeo, Starmie, Landorus-I, Thundurus etc.

GL with the team
    Landorus (open)
    Landorus @ Life Orb
    Ability : Sheer Force
    Nature: Modest (+SpA -Atk)
    EV's: 32HP/ 252SpA/ 220Spe
    Rock Polish / Earth Power/ Focus Blast/ Hidden Power [ICE]

EDIT: Holy shit I got ninja'd :p
  6. asterat

asterat

jesus I want to make my team better not worse guys...

In all seriousness I will try scarf terrakion over mienshao, and t-wave rotom-w. I will not use RP landorus becuase of subsalac kion. Everything else I will ignore for various reasons, mostly lack of reading my descriptions or thread in general or the raters not knowing the metagame judging from rates. in surf>HP fire explaining one situation where I need it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)