Boston? More like BOSS TON! (New England Meetup with Lanturn 08/07/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So Lanturn314 and I are making plans to do a Boston meetup at South Station on Sunday, August 7th.

All New England Smogoners are welcome to attend. It will just be a minor meetup before we send her up to her honey. We'll grab a quick bite and then other plans as we make it up. Lanturn has a few hours, but since I live within driving distance and own my own car, I am winner and can stay around till 8 or whatever.

Right now we're thinking Science Museum. It's p. cool, and fairly reasonably priced.

All NEers welcome.

For those unfamiliar with Boston:

Confirmed:
Lanturn314
Deck Knight
Mountain Dewgong

Tentative:
Vader

Time:
11 am, South Station

Current Weather Forecast:
Partly Cloudy

Yeah bud. I'll be there; currently staying just off the John. F. Fitzgerald near Dewey sq. parks.
Can we do something better than the science museum though? I've done it to death.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Where we go is a tossup, I'm amenable to whatever because Boston is easy to get around for groups. In any case I'll put you down. I'm still waiting for Lanturn's time but last I heard there was a cummuter rail train getting in at 11, so that's when we'll meet.

Deck Knight

Here's a markup of Boston's T Map and some of the things we could do. In truth, South Station is close to pretty much everything as far as museums and what have you, so we can use this as a basis.

Deck Knight

Alright, I have PMs sent out.

Weather Update: It's been fluctuating between cloud and t-storms, but they're scattered so it should be fine, we all know how fickle the weather is.

There's still room for more people.

Yo! I'm back from my hiatus and I just want to say that more people should come to this thing! It'll be super-fun! I know it's probably bad timing, what with the Toronto meetup already overshadowing us, but c'mon! Why wouldn't you want to meet me and Deck and MD and possibly Vader IRL :pimp :?!?!?!?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
jrrrrrrr is in Boston. You should call him up to hang with you guys.
he has gone on record as saying he will never occupy the same coordinate as deck knight. he would sooner savagely beat deck than hang out with him.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, whatever. I said the same thing about ET for years, then hugged him the second I met him at JAA in 2006. Kakky used to say the same about me, and we're going to hang out this weekend (probably, if we both can make it).

Deck Knight

I'll ask jrrrr anyway, he'll prolly say no what with hating me to the core and stuff, but hey, whatever. I asked Great Sage as well but sadly he's away that weekend. I know we have a few more Boston/RI people around, but they usually end up having ride issues. (I of course can drive and thus do not share their misery)

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would love to hang out with almost every Boston-area Smogonite (and MTDG!) but in typical DK fashion he chooses the most impossible weekend for me. I'm starting 2 jobs and I'm in the last week of a graduate class. Put me in as a "maybe next time?"

p.s. gobosox

I would love to hang out with almost every Boston-area Smogonite (and MTDG!) but in typical DK fashion he chooses the most impossible weekend for me. I'm starting 2 jobs and I'm in the last week of a graduate class. Put me in as a "maybe next time?"

p.s. gobosox
You actually have me to blame for the bad timing. It's just that Sunday is the only day I'm actually free, and it's going to be a long time before I come back to Boston again. Sorry!!! lol

You know, it's looking like I can only stay for a few hours. I'll be arriving at South Station at 11, and I pretty much have to leave on the 2:30 train, because the next one doesn't leave until 4:30, which will get back too late. My parents are insisting on taking me furniture shopping with them, even though it would probably be easier to buy everything down in Baltimore when i actually have to move into my apartment :/ Oh well, I have tons of packing to do for canada anyways, and I'll at least be able to go to Boston long enough for lunch and maybe a bit of sightseeing!

As for rides to Boston, don't forget that the commuter rail and Amtrak exist, depending on where you live! Student discounts can usually be applied to these, as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)