XY NU BP is love, BP is life

Hey guys, many of you may have seen me in the NU room on pokemon showdown because I basically live there haha. However, for those of you who dont know me, I play a crazy amount of NU and actually hit #1 in NU beta. With this BP team, I hit #5 in NU. I hope you guys relay this team in order for it to be suspected :). http://puu.sh/aQf7w.png

Stephen :S (Archeops) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Head Smash
- Endeavor

The first member of the squad is lead sash archeops. 252 att, 252 speed with jolly nature. Standard set is taunt, stealth rock, endeavor and head smash. I got head smash from The Goomy. He is a fren and told me that he uses it for dommage. This is generally a suicide lead unless you feel that it is necessary to save it, for example, i was tricked a scarf once and at 4% so i decide to save the scarf endeavor.

G fuckin G (Solrock) @ BrightPowder
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rock Polish

The second member is the star in Solrock. This mon has access to cosmic power, rock polish, willo-wisp and baton pass. As my nickname reads: G fuckin G. I run 252 hp, 36 speed to outpace uninvested seisimitoad and the rest in sp. def. It sets up on a lot of mons in the tier, for example: lanturn, lead seismitoad, lead golem, etc.. I usually cosmic power first then depending on their team I will rock polish in order to be faster than a sceptile for example so I can cosmic power again in its face. The item for solrock is brightpowder to simply dodge hits as it tries to set up. Yes its gimmicky but i dont care ^.^

rawr (Pangoro) @ BrightPowder
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Storm Throw
- Poison Jab

The third member is brightpowder Pangoro. Yes, i said brightpowder. This mon beats tomb after its gets bp'd too. I run 64 hp, 252 att adamant and the rest in speed. Moveset is pretty basic, SD, storm throw, poison jab and crunch. The reason i have this mon is for spiritomb. Hopefully you can get an SD off b4 you are in against the tomb. I run scrappy to ohko it with storm throw. Without an SD, you have an 83% chance to ohko if the tomb is just max hp. You need an SD if its max hp max def. The brightpowder is mainly there to skillfully dodge hits and especially a willo if you need to SD in the tomb's face.

LOL broken (Xatu) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

The fourth member is, you guessed it, stored power Xatu. This mon is too good to not have on a bp team. I run 208 hp, max sp. attck modest and the rest in speed. Moveset: stored power, dazzling gleam for coverage, roost and calm mind. This mon basically wins if you bp to it and get it in safely. This is pretty self explanatory so im going to move on lol. I run colbur berry for sucker punches from spritiomb and/or pawniard (:

Afro Smash (Bouffalant) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Happiness: 0
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Stone Edge

The fifth mon is SD bouffalant. I run 252 adamant, 40 hp and the rest in speed. Most of the evs on this team are the way they are to simply outspeed the common threats in NU at +2. I run frustration to avoid recoil from head smash, edgequake for coverage and SD to set up and sweep. I chose this mon because i have always liked it but it is really slow. The power and bulk are a great combo with speed.

gatr check (Luxray) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Superpower
- Volt Switch

The last mon on this power squad is life orb Luxray. I got this idea because the team is weak to gatr and also i have seen TheCanadianWifier use it and it did work. Thanks Richard :). The set is max sp. att. max speed rash nature. Thunderbolt, volt switch, hp fire and superpower is the spread i got from Richard. Like I said, this stops gatr from sweeping and it also regains momentum with volt switch. Beware that even with intimidate, it gets worn down easily and you need the intimidate at least to deal with gatr.

If you want to use this team, here you go:

G fuckin G (Solrock) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rock Polish

rawr (Pangoro) @ BrightPowder
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Storm Throw
- Poison Jab

LOL broken (Xatu) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

Stephen :S (Archeops) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Head Smash
- Endeavor

Afro Smash (Bouffalant) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Happiness: 0
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Stone Edge

gatr check (Luxray) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Superpower
- Volt Switch

Last edited:
The main suggestion I have is to change Solrock to lopunny with the same moves but sub or encore over willo. It has a lot more setup opportunities thanks to higher speed and better synergy with Xatu. You should also change Bright powder with Lum on pangoro as while bright powder is hilarious when it works Lum is guaranteed to dodge a wisp cya~

The main suggestion I have is to change Solrock to lopunny with the same moves but sub or encore over willo. It has a lot more setup opportunities thanks to higher speed and better synergy with Xatu. You should also change Bright powder with Lum on pangoro as while bright powder is hilarious when it works Lum is guaranteed to dodge a wisp cya~
That is funny you say that because i actually have a different team with a lopunny abusing baton pass. However, Solrock is the thing i wanted to use and can also abuse the item weakness policy better than lopunny can if you put that over brightpowder. Thanks for the advice though, i appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)