Bracketmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is mIRC and where can I get it? Is it a freeware?

Nevermind, found it, but I wil have to pay in 30 days..

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What is mIRC and where can I get it? Is it a freeware?

Nevermind, found it, but I wil have to pay in 30 days..
The 30 days thing is just there. When you hit that mark, you'll just have to wait an exceedingly long amount of time before you can use it.

While I'll admit that I haven't tried this as I don't use mIRC (and judging by the description), Tio Tournament Organizer is really second to none for a tournament organizer program. It's mentioned briefly in the how to run tournaments thread here, but I figured it also deserves a mention here as an alternative.

okay... I love how tim's bracketmaker looks, but unfortunately, it won't let me select more than 4 participants. I tried cicking the "8" circle for example, but it still only showed 4 participants.

Does any one know what's wrong here?

locopoke

Banned deucer.
okay... I love how tim's bracketmaker looks, but unfortunately, it won't let me select more than 4 participants. I tried cicking the "8" circle for example, but it still only showed 4 participants.

Does any one know what's wrong here?

Olie, are you planning on hosting another tournament? :O

lol I guess all I had to do was refresh then.
I really don't know why IE makes it so you have to refresh... that defeats the whole point of Javascript coolness. I'll have a look at it sometime soon and get rid of some of the other bugs (try calculating with 32 players then trying with 16) at the same time.

Firefox warned me of malware and suspicious activity when I clicked Tim's Bracket Maker. I can take a screenshot if no one believes me.

@RB Golbat and kuja20: This problem is caused by the fact that Dropbox is a large publicly accessible file storage site with no restrictions on what can be uploaded, and some idiots have been using it to distribute malware. The service itself is totally legit but evidently some of the 1.5 million users are morons.

I got this warning as well. I still trust it though.
I noticed it, and I just wanted to double check I can continue to use it like I usually do. I am very fond of Tim's bracketmaker, and would be a shame to stop using it.

@Tim: That's a relief, I was always sure there was nothing wrong with the coding, I was unsure of the server you were uploading to, but thats all fine now. I can happily re-bookmark that page, and in all honesty its an amazing bracketmaker, so nice work on that!

Nice work, but I would just use Upper Deck Entertainment's MANTIS program. It is used for the World of Warcraft TCG and CMG and used to be used for Yugioh. Its a pretty in-depth program that allows for swiss rounds, cuts to top 8, and single/double elimination. It is very good for managing large numbers of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)