- 123 base Attack hurts like a mother.
- High powered moves.
- Decent bulk.
- Somewhat slow, though still outrun certain threats.
- Somewhat shallow movepool.
- Stealth rock weakness
- Fights for the American people.
name: Choice Band
move 1: Brave Bird
move 2: Superpower
move 3: Return/Rock Slide
move 4: U-turn/Shadow Claw
item: Choice Band
ability: Keen eye/Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- 2HKO or OHKO the entire metagame.
- Brave Bird is the main STAB, hurts a lot.
- Superpower for Rock and Steel types.
- Return as a safer alternative to Brave Bird. Rock Slide hurt anything weak to it, plus gets a Sheer Force boost.
- U-turn to scout. Shadow Claw primarily for Rotom.
- Adamant for maximum attack ensuring OHKO's and 2HKO's. Jolly to outrun Gallade, Hitmonlee, Lilligant etc.
- Stealth Rock removal via Rapid spin from Hitmonchan, Cryogonal, Claydol etc.
- Wish support recommended if not running Rapid spin.
- All moves are risky to abuse, predict with caution.
- Only use Sheer Force if using Rock slide.
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Brave Bird
move 2: Superpower
move 3: Return/Retaliate
move 4: U-turn
item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Exchanges power for speed, turning into a revenge killer. Reaches 426 with Jolly.
- Brave Bird still hurts.
- Superpower again is good for Rock and Steel types.
- Return for secondary reliable STAB without recoil or stat drops. Retaliate can potentially do more if one of your Pokemon fainted last turn, though is somewhat weak otherwise.
- U-turn to scout.
- Jolly to out run Modest Lilligent after a Quiver Dance, Adamant Medicham with Choice Scarf, Adament Choice scarf Hitmonlee etc. Adamant for more power.
- Stealth rock removal highly recommended.
- Spikes and Stealth rock on opponents team also recommended to score some KO's due to a drop in power.
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Return
move 3: Brave Bird/Superpower
move 4: Substitute
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
- Set designed to support Braviary's bulk and longevity.
- Bulk up to raise its good attack and average defense.
- Return is main STAB move, doing decent amount of damage after a bulk up.
- Brave Bird for Ghost types, Superpower for Rock and Steel types. Both have negative side effects in their own way however.
- Substitute to prevent status from ruining Braviary's set up.
- Can replace Substitute with Brave Bird or Superpower to prevent being walled to death. Though you expose yourself to status more.
- More attacks or speed EV's depending if you want to KO or out speed a certain threat. Listed EV's is to benefit its bulk.
- Wish support is recommended since Braviary lacks Roost.
- If running Brave bird, use a Pokemon that can handle Rock and Steel types like Hitmonlee, Gallade, or Medicham. If running Superpower, use a Dark or Ghost type like Honchkrow, Krookodile, or Rotom.
- Aerial Ace if recoil from Brave Bird is discouraging, though a very noticeable drop in power. Same with Pluck.
- Hone Claws for an attack boost and perfect accuracy Rock Slides, though generally inferior to Bulk up. Same with Work up.
- Trash is a normal type Outrage, stronger then a full powered Return but locks you into the move.
- Whirlwind for phazing, though there are better users of the move.
[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]
- Difficult to switch into because of raw power from Brave Bird.
- Stealth rocks hinders Braviary.
- Hates getting status, especially burn and paralyze.
- Rotom takes anything Braviary uses barring Shadow claw, can also burn or use Reflect to hinder Braviary further.
- Rock and Steel types if locked into something other then Superpower.
- Outspeeding it with natural speed or Choice scarf.
- Gets Defiant as its Dream World ability.
- Useful for turning Intimidate and occasional stat drops into more raw power. Use on all sets once released.