Project Break This Team (Week 42)

Why post a whole core when there's pokemon that solo's?

I spent some time looking through the dex trying to find a single pokemon that hits a few bullet points:

• 2hkos phys defensive sableye and isn't too hurt by burn
  • hits shedinja somehow
  • is not trapped by dugtrio and is also not ohko'd by stone edge or eq
  • beats talonflame and isn't too hurt by burn
  • beats togekiss, preferably 1hko but 2hko is acceptable
  • beats seismitoad and isn't too hurt by scald burn or knock off
I added a few more qualifers in order to make sure that something too gimmicky didn't show up on the radar:

• Is useful against other OU threats and hopefully at least has enough speed to beat base 80s, preferably at least 100s
  • Has recovery. This point can be very important in order to not get worn down by status, hazards, and taking glancing hits
  • Unfortunately that only leaves you with 3 attacking moves. Is that really enough?

So besides hidden power [rock] clefable here's what I found...

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature / Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Due to its speed tier Zapdos may seem like a dissapointing recover + 3 attacks pokemon. Surely something like kyurem, hydreigon, charizard, etc fullfill this role better? Hitting hard and recovering later. Well perhaps, and perhaps not. You have to be the judge. Offensive zapdos was used in an OU room tour recently and helped the guy win. It really can be quite useful: revenge killing charizard-y and manaphy, hitting steels with fire, and having quite a strong stab. On the other hand it is exploitable by many dragons and spdef walls, who can use it as set up fodder or a chance to cleric.

Nevertheless, it in fact solos the entire team and here are the calcs and notes:

SABLEYE
252 SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Sableye: (54.4 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: (48.1 - 57%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: (45.8 - 54.4%) -- 52.3% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Mega Sableye Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zapdos: (29.9 - 35.5%) -- 23% chance to 3HKO
The decision between modest and timid has important implications whether you run into a phys or spdef leaning sableye.
The team in question has phys def sableye, so, timid is sufficient to 2hko. Spdef sableye is another beast altogether.
The fight obviously gets hairy and Zapdos will probably be low afterwards from foul play and LO recoil, but zapdos DOES win.

TOGEKISS
252 SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Togekiss: (88.4 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
Drops like a rock and can't even paralyze Zapdos if you run into a different variant.
Modest 252 Zapdos also outspeeds Timid 252 Togekiss (and all other +nature base 80s)

DUGTRIO
252 SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Grass vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dugtrio: (134.3 - 159.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Dugtrio Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zapdos: (56 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Zapdos can either switch out, spam roost, or kill it if the sash was broken. Stone edge will not ohko you unless you were worn down by something earlier.

TALONFLAME
252 SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: (94.1 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zapdos: (19.3 - 22.7%) -- possible 5HKO
Zapdos is the clear winner.
Of note, 252 speed neutral nature Zapdos outspeed these spdef talonflames, even if they have significant speed creep. Talon needs at least 48 speed EVs to taunt zapdos but spdef variants usually only have 8 or 16. You can roost freely if in need of HP. Also, if they try to burn you on turn 1, you'll actually just ohko them without getting statused.

SEISMITOAD
252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Grass vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Seismitoad: (76.7 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Unfortunately even modest doesn't quite OHKO this so zapdos has to take a hit. However, if you are modest, then even if you get your life orb knocked off you can still 2HKO the sableye.

SHEDINJA
2hko'd by heat wave

So there you have it. What does zapdos have over something similar like Grass Knot Thundurus? One word: recovery.
Zapdos can sweep through the entire team on turn 1 except for the pesky dugtrio that can kill you with Stone Edge at the right time. You do have to find a time to roost. But recovering in that way is not something that any other electrics can boast.

The great thing about this Zapdos is the teammates don't matter. It completely counter teams wonder trio and your other 5 teammates really don't need to do anything except perhaps provide a breather against sableye or dugtrio. They should instead be focused on dealing with the rest of the metagame because Zapdos, while a useable UU mon, isn't the greatest electric to be using, and needs a solid team around it.

But is offensive Zapdos actually USELESS against common OU threats? No, it isn't deadweight.

It has very useful ground immunity, flying resist, and decent speed. It will get some sort of hits off even against offense, and while not as useful as thundurus in that scenario, thundurus in turn is not as useful against sableye stall. It isn't weak. It can check common threats such as pinsir, scizor, manaphy, talonflame, keldeo locked in certain moves, and many steels and ground types. Surely it has a niche on some teams.
Isn't it better to post it with a teammate since you are going to be using something to break Dugtrio's sash or it 2HKOes you or Toxics you. There is also the recent trend of SpD Talonflame going up to 48 Spe actually to creep those neutral base 100s although the particular variant used by the team doesn't and can only Taunt you.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
56k most of these cores are a mon that rips the team apart+a support pokemon that helps it sweep a little easier anyways. Your zapdos cant handle the team with its item knocked off very well, and it doesnt like getting toxiced at all.

I didn't post a core because i think that it doesn't matter. You could use a team of PU mons with zapdos and still win easily. I liked the idea of finding a single pokemon that can pretty much sweep the team with arbitrary teammates so as to leave as much flexibility as possible. I didn't want to suggest a mega pokemon for example and I also didn't want to suggest something too constraining like a specific cleric or some sort of lum berry sweeper. Zapdos is just a electric type with barely enough coverage. Very basic. It doesn't need any special teammate. The other 5 can work as their own team to handle the meta, with zapdos providing what it does as a check to some notable threats.

Anything under the sun can break dugtrio's sash, or switch in when zapdos needs to roost but can't safely heal at the moment, or anything can get off a hit on something in early turns so it changes a 2hko into a 1hko. In a battle scenario I imagine zapdos getting 2 kills before dugtrio comes in, but by that point the whole defensive backbone is gone. Your comment about speed creeping talonflames is interesting. Offensive zapdos certainly doesn't do as well against faster ones, or against ones with flare blitz. But I only had this team in mind.

As for knock off and toxic, it depends. If you are modest then losing life orb won't matter, even against this sableye. Toxic is indeed threatening and it would be luckier to be burned instead. But the thing is a couple, pokemon would already be down before zapdos goes down to toxic. Dugtrio is definitely the only threat, but zapdos does beat it on the second pass. It also can't necessarily hard switch in except with good prediction.

I don't want to suggest a teammate for luring dugtrio beforehand because I think that should be an exercise left to the reader.

Zapdos isn't that great of a pokemon admittedly and I don't expect any votes or whatever, but it very successfully CTs this team, mainly by being an untrappable electric type. Rotom-W and Thundurus and even Eelektross all actually do a number on the team but I suggested zapdos because of its reliable recovery. And I definitely defend it as a viable choice not only against sableye specifically but decent enough to be useable in OU in general, though inferior to Thundurus against faster teams.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Bisharp @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
Considering that this is purely for the sake of counterteaming, I decided to go for this core. AOA HP Grass Amphy singlehandedly shreds this team once Duggy is gone, and Shuca Berry Bisharp works a treat at luring and eliminating Dugtrio. Bisharp's ability to soak up an EQ and proceed to break Duggy's sash with Pursuit (or OHKO it if its already broken cause lmao so frail) without needing to predict what move due to an unboosted BP reversal doing buggar-all and Shuca allowing it to deal with it using Quake. Once this has been done, MAmphy is able to deal with everything else on the team due to Mold Breaker, godly typing and HP Grass to lure and KO Seismitoad. The Amphy spread outpaces sassy Seismi post-mega so that it can guarantee a kill if it hits it with anything on the switch.

Last edited:
Hey 56k I appreaciate the post, the effort you put in and the fact you went out of your way to find such a good answer. I do agree Offense zapdos (an underrated pokemon in the OU tier I'll add) is good vs this team but For the sake of threads rules which everyone has followed you should really add another core member even if its just healing wisher to ensure it conforms to the rules otherwise I cant put it up for voting towards the hall of fame. A healing wisher would make a good partner anyway incase it gets toxiced or burnt which can happen.

That said I'm leniant and dont mind people discussing Individual pokemon or strategies that can break the team so long as the rules are adhered to. Just dont expect Hall of fame nominations without a full core posted

Branflakes' team is both strong and weak in the fact that it is superbly match-up dependent. Actually, all stall teams out there are very much match-up dependent but try to risk/reward on a meta by hiding their bad match-ups in lesser seen threats. To branflakes' credit, I doubt I've ever seen a more match up dependent stall and that is one of the exact reasons it is so good. Perviously, Fingerscrossed's pink team with one of the earliest iterations of Goth Stall in XY would've been top. Also a fantastic team. If played well, he has a very core set of things he loses to and loses to unconditionally (most mold breaker mons since two of his mons are almost completely ability dependent) but wins against a great deal more. So I completely understand 56k's argument and agree with it. I think branflakes' team, more than any other stall, is capable of being solo'd by off-meta mons. But that's exactly the point: Off meta. Inherently due to stall's speed, it will always be match-up dependent. Really no way around that. What you choose to counter determines how good a stall team will be.

Hi, this might seem pretty weird but it also seems fun...
May I present to you...

+

These pokemon compliment eachother pretty nicely. Mega Venu taking fighting/fairy type attacks where as kyurem black can take flying nicely.

Both of these pokemon can work nicely to overcome this stall as OFFENSIVE mega venu takes care of duggy/seismitoad and toge pretty nicely where as Sub Kyu-B can take care of the rest. The core might struggle against mega sableye but if you can weaken it or get a sub up on kyu-b it's easy to play around. Terravolt also helps kyurem b deal with sheddy.

SETS:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power / Roost / Outrage

RELEVANT CALCS

216+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dugtrio: 486-572 (241.7 - 284.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 304-358 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 200 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 178-210 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Mega Sableye: 139-165 (45.8 - 54.4%) -- 52.3% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 238-282 (63.8 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
216+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Shedinja: 364-430 (36400 - 43000%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Shedinja: 338-398 (33800 - 39800%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 210-247 (70.7 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss: 204-240 (54.6 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Mega Sableye: 102-121 (33.6 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dugtrio: 420-494 (208.9 - 245.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 200 HP / 56 SpD Seismitoad: 612-720 (152.6 - 179.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Its voting time people. A whopping 12 cores this time and alot of clefable's. Everyones favourite fairy. Nobody has disappoitented me this week so no T-wave spam team yet. But I'll come eventually.

Voting Time: Remember everyone gets 2 Votes.

Core 1 excvadrill + Manaphy
Core 2 Keldeo + Landourous
Core 3 Gliscor + Clefable
Core 4 Pinser + Clefable
Core 5 Mega Abomnasnow + Clefable + Slowbro
Core 6 Tyraniter + Clefable
Core 7 Talonflame + Mega Diancie
Core 8 Mega Gyarados + Gliscor
Core 9 Togekiss + Gliscor
Core 10 Mega Sharpedo + Garchomp
Core 11 Mega Ampharos + Bisharp
Core 12 Kyurem Black + Mega venusuar

Voting will end monday afternoon Australia time. Either myself or Random Passerby will post the next team. If any voters have a preference let us know when you vote.

Honourable mention to 56k for the Zapdos idea and explaining how exploitable this and other stall teams can be. :)

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Core 4
Core 9

is SD gliscor + rock move even worth using in the current meta? knock off seems 10x better
It's worth if you're weak to TFlame while being able to catch a Zard (unevolved or Zard-Y) on a switch in, in a lesser sense torn-t. Technically speaking I don't find rock coverage to be that fantastic but it holds merits for some teams that look like they're about be bodied by the smogon bird without it. Disregarding anything said above just wanted to clarify why it's a thing exactly.

Alright, voting's over and the winner is littlelucario with his Mega Pinsir + Clefable core. Congratulations to him and thanks everyone for your contributions. CoC will update the Hall of Fame soon.

Core 3 : 3 votes
Core 4 : 6 votes
Core 7 : 2 votes
Core 8 : 3 votes
Core 9 : 3 votes
Core 10: 1 vote
Core 12: 3 votes

This week, we're going to break njnp 's Hoopa-U Offense based around the titular Hoopa-U and Mega Manectric. Good luck and have fun.

Teh WeekEND (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

bIG seaN (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

dRake (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 32 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse

Kanye West-Grad (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Rae Mmurd (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

mEEK [Died In Canada] mILL (Ferrothorn) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes

The team was built around the nightmare himself!

Since I wanted to go support my monster, I then added something to abuse u turn spammers and knock off spammers. Also have a fantastic rock setter, can't get any better then bulky chomp

After this, I realized that the team was quite weak to Mega Diancie, Azumurill, Mega Altaria, especially Mega Altaria and Azu. Ferro fit perfectly as a glue to abuse more u turn spammers with barbs and switch into any fairy type attack.
I now wanted a mon to destroy/scare offensive teams that would appreciate hoopa and aid it immensely, after testing I realized that hoopa appreciated Volt-Turn alot and the best mon for the job would be Mega Manectric, who outspeeds the dangerous S Rank torn t and is able to kill non av variants and again able to punish the physical attackers my hoopa fears with intimidate.
Looking at my team, I realized that I would needed something to handle mega sableye and most importantly hippodown and sand abuse. I as well needed a Soft Check For DD Mega X. Banded Azu Fit Perfectly Helping My Favorite Core of Fairy,Dark,Dragon

Finally, I wanted an answer to spa spammers such as latios, starmie, nidoking, mega alakazam, and not let my Hoopa take damage just in case I need it late game. I also wanted another mon to keep out momentum so my hoopa can again get free switch's also needed a keldeo "switch in" but sadly I have Hurr-Dodge so it can set up if u have trained it well [: Anyway, Torn Was The Perfect Last Mon for this team.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ty for voting for my core :]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power Fire

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Signal Beam
This team was really well-built, so I had to change my core a few times until I found something that I thought could really threaten the team bar like mane+weav, but that's way to unoriginal lol. This is a pretty potent core of wallbreakers that can go ham vs this team. When you first look at the core, ferrothorn seems to be a problem, but in between wisp and focus blast on garde and hp fire on kyub, it isn't really a problem for the core. Kyub can potentially 6-0 the team as it OHKOs every member bar hoopa, which is OHKO'd by fusion bolt after rocks + LO recoil a large portion of the time, so it is a big thread, and it can lure the only mon on the team that normally soft counters/hard checks it in ferrothorn with HP fire, with ice beam+hp fire OHKOing ferro (hp fire does 76-91%). This teamed up with anti offense/wallbreaker megazam can destroy the team. psychic/fighting coverage is really good with this team, and hp ice/signal beam have been added in to deal with mons that trouble it. Megazam can deal with tornt and mane, the mons that outspeed kyub on this team, fairly well while luring hoopa u and garchomp to facilitate a kyub sweep or sweep itself if ferro and azu are removed. All in all, This core is quite fun, and it threatens the team a lot, creating an excruciatingly difficult match up for the team and can do very well if you don't sack your mons for no reason lol. (also have fun making ppl ragequit at that zam set lol)

Last edited:

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
ty for voting for my core :]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power Fire

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Signal Beam
This team was really well-built, so I had to change my core a few times until I found something that I thought could really threaten the team bar like mane+weav, but that's way to unoriginal lol. This is a pretty potent core of wallbreakers that can go ham vs this team. When you first look at the core, ferrothorn seems to be a problem, but in between wisp and focus blast on garde and hp fire on kyub, it isn't really a problem for the core. Kyub can potentially 6-0 the team as it OHKOs every member bar hoopa, which is OHKO'd by fusion bolt after rocks + LO recoil a large portion of the time, so it is a big thread, and it can lure the only mon on the team that normally soft counters/hard checks it in ferrothorn with HP fire, with ice beam+hp fire OHKOing ferro (hp fire does 76-91%). This teamed up with anti offense/wallbreaker megazam can destroy the team. psychic/fighting coverage is really good with this team, and hp ice/signal beam have been added in to deal with mons that trouble it. Megazam can deal with tornt and mane, the mons that outspeed kyub on this team, fairly well while luring hoopa u and garchomp to facilitate a kyub sweep or sweep itself if ferro and azu are removed. All in all, This core is quite fun, and it threatens the team a lot, creating an excruciatingly difficult match up for the team and can do very well if you don't sack your mons for no reason lol. (also have fun making ppl ragequit at that zam set lol)

He Wins ^^ Thanks For Using My Team As Well

Infernal

Banned deucer.
&

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

I think Bulky WoW Charizard-X sits all over this team. It can threaten to lead right off the bat and begin terrorizing this team. Ferrothorn and Mega Manectric can't do anything. Azumarill is burned and does 34.2 - 40.1% with Play Rough afterwards, which is healed off nicely. Tornadus-T is only doing 37.6 - 44.2% with Hurricane, and has to hope for a confusion to avoid getting fried by your attacks. With the given EV spread, you are faster than the Hoopa on this team and cleanly KO with Flare Blitz. You can take a Dark Pulse (51.5 - 60.7%) or Psyshock (53.2 - 62.9%) if needed, and Roost the damage. Although you can burn Garchomp and win between Roost and Dragon Claw, it's better to avoid taking recoil damage + an EQ/Dragon Tail to prevent yourself from being worn down so easily. That's where Zapdos comes in.

Charizard-X mainly needs hazard removal to function maximally against this team, and Zapdos does this well by Defogging on Garchomp with little trouble. Aside from being able to Defog on Garchomp all day, Zapdos also does a nice job against the team by itself since it can trouble all of Ferrothorn, Azumarill, and Tornadus-T. This aside, there isn't much else to say. HP Ice is an option on Zapdos for Garchomp, but without Heat Wave, Leech Seed Ferrothorn is a nuisance. Even without HP Ice, Zapdos doesn't have much of a problem vs. Garchomp and can slowly take it down with Heat Wave. This is made even easier if Charizard-X has burned it prior. Be careful getting played/worn down via recoil and Charizard-X should, overall, function very well with hazard removal help.

Last edited:

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn

Ironically, Mega Manectric is a big problem for this team. M-Mane and scarf Lando-T form a very solid fast dual-intimidate VoltTurn core. Between them they can grab momentum and pivot around dealing chip damage or outright KOing the members of the team, which is easily worn down into sweeping range due to lack of recovery. M-Mane easily takes care of Azu, Torn, and Ferro, Chomp after some chip damage courtesy of Lando, and outspeeds and pivots out from Hoopa, bringing it down to Thunderbolt range in the process. On the other hand Lando outspeeds and OHKOs M-Mane even after intimidate, OHKOs Hoopa with U-Turn, has superpower for Ferro, and lures in Garchomp to punish the U-Turn to bring it into M-Mane's HP ice range.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)