Project Break This Team (Week 42)

So many Cores this week. You guys have made Skarmx2 very proud by poking so many holes through his fairy weak team. But do you know who is not proud me >:{ I've gone winless yet again and worse not a single vote. Now you'll all suffer with an all conquering Hyper Offence team as punishment. Beat the Team without this bwahahaha. Anyway Congrats to yuruuu with his Scizor + Heatran Core and King Sun with his Crawduant + togekiss core

Voting
Core 1 - 4
Core 2 - 0
Core 3 - 0
Core 5 - 3
Core 6 - 1
Core 8 - 0
Core 9 - 1
Core 10 - 4
Core 11 - 1
Core 12 - 1
Core 13 - 2
Core 14 - 0 (There will be consequence's for this humilation, week 27 will be a T-wave spam Team)
Core 15 - 0
Core 16 - 2
Core 17 - 1
Core 18 - 0

After a few rounds of generally bulky teams I've Opted for a more offensive one thats as hard to switch in as possible. This weeks team is a Mega Lopunny Hyper offence squad by boudouche taken from the Team Sample thread. A player whom is somewhat known for his unconventional move Choice's. This team star's many hard to switch in mons such as Lop, Azu and Genger whom are known to shred teams on there own. It'll be tough this week and Finding mons that break hard.

Sets
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Pain Split

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Iron Tail

Explanation: The idea of the team was supporting Mega-Lopunny, which pressures offensive teams so hard that it doesn't really need any other offense breaker, with a good stall/balance breaker. Gengar was the first idea coming to my mind, it gets the ability to switch into Hippowdon while pressuring any non-ScarfTtar balanced team so much when SR are up (Tornadus-T checks it once then it dies). With Pain Split, Gengar is fantastic against Stall. If Chansey doesn't pack T-Wave, it is a very big threat for any stall team (reminder: Gothitelle can't trap it). Pretty hard for me to avoid the use of RHChomper, it is so good against Mega-Scizor, Bisharp, Mega-Metagross and Talonflame. Thundurus is the emergency button for some threats like Mega-Charizard X for example, but it also puts a lot of pressure against waters and teams that only have Hippowdon to check Bisharp + Mega-Lopunny + Thundurus. Bisharp and Azumarill are both slow but have a priority move and check some annoying threats. Major issue of the team is the fact that it relies on Azumarill to check Keldeo, which means I'm risking a burn and I can easily get pressured by the pony, especially if scarfed. Some combos with Scarf Tyranitar are really annoying. For example, I struggle really hard to beat Mega-Venusaur if my Gengar gets trapped. Iron Tail on Azumarill is for Clefable but you can use Superpower or Knock Off. You can also try Power-Up Punch on Mega-Lopunny, Ice Punch was mostly the chosen move to get rid of Landorus-T and Chomp which are both very present on the ladder.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving mega Manectric+scarf Kyurem-black

Still waiting for people to say Weavile + Mega Manectric lol.
I'm thinking of something else so please grab the free win
+

Mega Pinsir + Weavile
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick / Pursuit

Weavile is a problem for this team as it can OHKO 4/6 of the team with the appropriate move while is faster than priority Thunder Wave from Thundurus. Mega Pinsir helps to check Mega Lopunny as Quick Attack OHKOes it after Stealth Rock. While it can't switch in, Mega Pinsir also takes very little from Aqua Jet and OHKOes Azumarill with Return. Of course, it can also monster the team itself if necessary if Thundurus is removed.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well not necassarily. Lopunny speed ties and Azu can Revenge but it is very troublesome to the team that much is obvious. I was kinda Tempted to restrict mega mane but opted Against because everyone loves the blue and yellow lightning bolt to much ROFL ;).
I guess that's the thing with hyper offense (well, maybe more along the lines of bulky offense here considering that true HO refers to suicide lead+5 setup attackers, maybe with a lure or two chucked in over setup/standard coverage). Its kinda reliant on RKing with priority to beat stuff like Manectric. Lopunny is shaky if Manectric and Lop are both on the field before Mane megas 'cause it MEvos and gets of Intimidate versus it, weakening it and making it take heavy damage. Also the lack of Quick Attack means that this only works consistently in a first turn scenario (as in first turn with Lop on the field), as it then needs to rely on a 50:50 to attack it afterwards. This makes it easy to punish and difficult to ware Manectric down as you can simply switch out of the onslaught of Quick Attacks to remain healthy enough to check Azumarill's Aqua Jet. Something like ScarfRachi or Scarf Celebi pairs well for its ability to heal it up later on with Healing Wish while really punishing the use of Aqua Jet and Fake Out, making Manectric an even more consistent stop. Tl;dr just so long as Bisharp is covered Manectric really doesn't have a hard time versus this team at all, and its easy to take advantage of Fake Out and Aqua Jet with teammates making it hard to wear down consistently.
Still waiting for people to say Weavile + Mega Manectric lol.
I'm thinking of something else so please grab the free win
I picked it at first but then realised that Weavile doesn't help Manectric beat Bisharp.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

This is a few pretty common rain mons that literally murder this team. Politoed is here for obvious reasons as it sets up rain and lets mega pert become outrageously fast. Pert can OHKO or 2HKO everything on this team with this set. Ferrothorn is rlly pretty optional but it helps to soften up azu a bit with iron barbs so that pert can take it on more easily.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Fire

This is a tried and true core with a simple idea behind why it's good versus this team. Aside from being able to help check Thund-I and Bisharp, Tar's main role here is to trap Gengar. Once this is done successfully, there isn't much capable of stopping Mega Venu from walling every other member. To expand:
  • Azu is hard walled, so there isn't much to say here.
  • Mega Lop can only manage 33.3 - 39.6% with Return, damage easily healed by Giga and Synthesis.
  • Chomp only deals 26.4 - 31.4% with EQ and is steadily taken down by Giga, which does 29.4 - 34.7% while recovering your health alongside Synthesis. Chomp can Dragon Tail you for 15.9 - 19% to force you out and make you take SR damage upon switching back in, but this won't do much to stop Mega Venu from returning later and being just as annoying.
  • +0 Iron Head from Bisharp does 32.2 - 38%, As such, Bisharp needs a SD under its belt to really be an issue. If it tries setting up a SD in front of Mega Venu, however, it's taking 50.9 - 60.5% from HP Fire in the process. From there, Mega Venu can switch to an appropriate member (like bulky Chomp, which is commonly used on teams with this core) to further wear Bisharp down and avoid taking unnecessary damage. Tar can also help with checking Bisharp.
  • Thund-I is also hard walled. The main thing it's able to do is paralyze Mega Venu, which a player using this team will definitely try to do to increase the chances of members like Mega Lop lucking their way through it. Having Tar as a partner helps here to potentially avoid this scenario, as it can possibly kill Thund-I after its main job of trapping Gengar has been fulfilled.
Overall, this core can be very annoying for the team to deal with due to Mega Venu's ability to 1v1 nearly every member after Gengar's removal. Tar makes this a possibility while also checking Bisharp and Thund-I, maintaining general usefulness. Play this core correctly and it'll break the given team well!

Last edited:

Mega Sceptile + Tankchomp.
Mega Scep outspeeds and OHKOS every member after a little prior damage. It cannot be t-waved and quad-resists Aqua Jet. It's only concern is outplaying Bisharp, hence the partner:

Tankchomp takes fake-outs from Lopunny, hits from Bisharp, and sets rocks to limit thundurus from switching in.

Sub-sceptile in particular would be best against this team to take advantage of sacs, and help defeat bisharp (Protect could also be run to block fake-out from Lopunny). Energy ball is preferred in this case to avoid drops.

Substitute / Protect
Energy ball / Leaf storm
Dragon pulse
Focus blast

Last edited:

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

So Sub Mega Zam 2HKO's everything outside of AV Azu which is 3HKOed by Psychic. There's Sub CM Raikou which OHKOs AV Azu at +1 after rocks. Raikou can also take in t-waves in Mega Zam's Sub Breaks from sucker or other moves.Also since sub raikou isn't used a lot ppl would expect stuff like av, cm 3 attacks, or the rare specs which allows u to get a sub majority of the time and u can ohko bish at +1 with tbolt. Also both raikou and mega zam outspeed majority of the team.

+
+

Sets
CoCs Empress (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Psychic
- Protect

Diancies Pet (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Diancies Doll (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Explanation: Since I didn't want to follow the crowd and use weavile I instead opted for the same core I used Last Week.... Adding a friend of course. Again the pair work really well with each other setting up on each others checks with only thundo Threatening the duo if Diancie is weakened which is Jirachi is there. Daincie at full can Easily beat everymember of the team except Azu who is handled by Amonguss and Gyarados as well as Restricted Hazards. In return Gyrados Sets up on Azu and Lopunny and either behind a sub or at +1 Can easily sweep there team. Finally Should 1 of the get weakened jirachi can either revenge, Trick or Healing wish to support the core so breaking can be finished.

Apoligize's for not doing a last day post, Both me and Random Passerby were busy. Anyway No Weavile +Manetric, How disappointing, May have to punish everyone with a fairy + T-wave spam Team if this poor trend continues...and only 6 cores Guess the Team was harder to break then previously thought. Team is very well Built. The time for nominations is over and The Time for voting has began

Core 1 - Mega Pinser + Weavile
Core 2 - Poliotoad + mega Swampert + Ferrothorn
Core 3 - Tyraniter + Venusuar
Core 4 - Sceptile + Garchomp
Core 5 - Mega Zam + Raikou
Core 6 - Diancie + Gyarados + Jirachi

As usual, everyone gets 2 Votes (no voting for your own core!) . Voting will end on Monday. Good luck and have fun!!! Oh yeah, whoever reaches the Hall of Fame 3 times or more gets to have their team broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)