1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Breaking News: Kim Jong Il is dead! (so ronery up in heaven)

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by tennisace, Dec 18, 2011.

1. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

The North Korea news agency reported that their Supreme Leader Kim Jong Il has died. More details to come!

According to the state-run television, he died of "physical and mental over-work", which we know is bull pretty much. He had a stroke in '08, and supposedly he was suffering from heart disease. His son Kim Jong-Un is probably going to be his successor, though it is still undecided.

edit: This unfortunately will no longer update =(
  2. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

3. Jebus McAzn

Jebus McAzn

may his seoul rest in peace
  4. Eraddd

Eraddd One Pixel
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

RIP Grorious Reader

Seriously, may he rot in hell.
  5. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

It's going to come down to his son, a South Korean takeover, or a coup by one of his generals.
  6. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

a South Korean take-over would be rad
  7. Eraddd

Eraddd One Pixel
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I'm pretty sure his youngest son has been groomed for leadership for quite some time, so it'll probably pass onto him, unless there's intervention from America, or South Korea.
  8. Temperantia

Temperantia

Ok, so the question is:

Will Kim Jong-Un be even half as batshit as his father?
  9. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

His son is one of his generals, and South Korea wants no part of the crazy really since they know they'd be overwhelmed by NK's miltary (which actually accounts for a serious portion of NK's budget). But I do agree that one possible ending is that Kim Jong-Un "steps down", takes as many of the billions his father hid as he can, and gets the hell out before some crazy general takes him out.

@temperantia- his son is just as crazy, if not crazier than his father.
  10. Jebus McAzn

Jebus McAzn

It's actually possible according to some sources that his step-brother is currently the de facto leader of North Korea, which could lead to some nasty consequences.
  11. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Bolin!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

I knew he was Il but not so Jong.
  12. Temperantia

Temperantia

Fucking terrific. At least Il was mostly "lolwtf"-crazy,
    not "bomb my own people with chemical agents the U.S. gave me to protect my country with"-crazy. So that's... something?
  13. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

I am actually quite happy he is dead (woah such a terrible sinful thing SINSINSINSIN)

Now his insane son can take over. Great.
    We should just bomb the shit out of them, right? Isn't that what American does all the time?
  14. Amarillo

Amarillo
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

The South Koreans are not gotta attempt a take-over. Let's be realistic here. If say Kim-whats-his-name makes a run for it with all the military budget, SK is essentially left with 2~4 mil 3rd world country refugees. Yeah, their economy isn't horrible, but seriously if your population is around 6 mil, they're gonna have troubles.

That cuts down the option to Military Coup, US intervention, or the guy just ruling w/o any trouble. (which i doubt will happen)

edit: or god forbid, the Chinese takeover.
  15. VKCA

VKCA (Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)

Isn't his son like a massive gaming nerd who never leaves his house?
  16. iDunno

iDunno

maybe he has an account here!
  17. UsernameSayWha

UsernameSayWha

^
    Dis.
  18. macle

macle ribbit
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

19. moonbound

moonbound

US won't get involved. NK is dangerous because they aren't in the UN and don't follow the rules everyone else does. Not to mention that most Americans have decided the best way to deal with foreign instability is to let it (not) resolve itself. Obamas administration won't do something so controversial with election time so near in the future. I think either Kim Jong Crazy Jr or some military leader will end up in power after a possible civil war, or at least a few months of instability, and North Korea is going to end up just as bad if not worse.

The best thing that could come out of this would be that the communist censorship over the people would weaken enough that at least a group of North Koreans would realize how the rest of the world really is and stage an organized uprising. Then they could get the support of South Korea/UN/USA and reunite Korea. But from what I know, that's an unlikely best-case scenario.
  20. WaterBomb

WaterBomb because exploding camels wasn't enough
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Server Moderator

Let's remember he will receive justice from someone else, so we don't need to curse him anymore.

Also the people are so brainwashed that the next leader could essentially step in and pick up right where he left off. That's how it was when his own father died so I don't see it being different this time around =/
  21. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

No oil, no need.
  22. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

made me smile :)
  23. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I wonder how much of north korea's terrible reputation comes from further demonisation by the occident.
  24. moonbound

moonbound

I understand what you're saying and the fact that it's a joke, but there's a serious difference between America going to war in Iraq and Afghanistan (both of which were initially supported by the UN) and North Korea launching a rocket without any warning and then saying "What rocket?" when questioned by UN representatives.
  25. Steamroll

Steamroll Tasty
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I wonder how many threats we're gonna get now about getting nuked. A year ago on the 4th of july kim's son threatened that they had a nuke powerful enough to reach california, lol.

And yes, his son is atleast twice as batshit insane as he was...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)