Breaking News: Kim Jong Il is dead! (so ronery up in heaven)

To above:

I didnt mean a war with an outside country.I meant a war or fight where the current controling party is removed.A revolution.Thats the only way NK can move foward at this point.Since we all know communism is a complete and utter failure.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not just that you're racist. It's that you're an idiot with no idea how this world functions. Looking at who you're avatar is of, I feel like you're trying to role-play a cartoon character. If that's your method of trolling, I'd knock it off.

It's not just that you're racist. It's that you're an idiot with no idea how this world functions. Looking at who you're avatar is of, I feel like you're trying to role-play a cartoon character. If that's your method of trolling, I'd knock it off.
If you actually read my posts you would notice that in my hypothetical scenarios i completely throw out any logic.In the U.S being able to kill all the people on China/NK scenario for example.I threw out politics/everything else and basically told that person what would happen if the U.Ss sole intent was to kill all those people.The U.S has the technology and the means to do it relatively easily.That was my point.

some hero you are not entitled to your opinion because it is lesser to everyone else's. I am not being sarcastic - it honestly is not entitled to any sort of respect at all.

You lost any chance support you may have garnered with your sig saying that you are an open racist, which is nothing to be proud of.

If you actually read my posts you would notice that in my hypothetical scenarios i completely throw out any logic.
ok

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you actually read my posts you would notice that in my hypothetical scenarios i completely throw out any logic.In the U.S being able to kill all the people on China/NK scenario for example.I threw out politics/everything else and basically told that person what would happen if the U.Ss sole intent was to kill all those people.The U.S has the technology and the means to do it relatively easily.That was my point.
Firestorm said:
It's that you're an idiot with no idea how this world functions.
Might want to reread this part again bud.

some hero you are not entitled to your opinion because it is lesser to everyone else's. I am not being sarcastic - it honestly is not entitled to any sort of respect at all.

You lost any chance support you may have garnered with your sig saying that you are an open racist, which is nothing to be proud of.

ok
Well, i dont want to get off topic here, so ill just say that you shouldnt try and take someone elses' rights away just because they disagree with you.

I'm not takin your rights away I'm just saying that you're a retarded, inbred redneck who probably cannot see his own penis. (yes, vegetarians can be fat too - it's called carbohydrates)

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Getting off the personal insults here, anyone actually have family who live in Korea who can give their take on this, or live in Korea themselves right now who can give more input about the general feeling?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your posts in this topic will be deleted if they continue to go off-topic. This thread is to discuss the effects of Kim Jong Il's passing. It is not here for crackpot hypotheticals. Consider this your final warning.

Hm.

I wonder if Cubans will give the same reaction once Fidel Castro dies.
Probably not.The Cubans undoubtly hate Castro since they have had more exposure to the real world.

I'm not takin your rights away I'm just saying that you're a retarded, inbred redneck who probably cannot see his own penis. (yes, vegetarians can be fat too - it's called carbohydrates)
Again, lets just leave this for another thread.No point in arguing here about this.

Getting off the personal insults here, anyone actually have family who live in Korea who can give their take on this, or live in Korea themselves right now who can give more input about the general feeling?
I have a few friends who have family in Seoul. I'll ask them about their takes on it tomorrow in class if you'd like.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Probably not.The Cubans undoubtly hate Castro since they have had more exposure to the real world.
Not at all. Most Cubans, if not all, who live here(Miami) undoubtedly hate Castro. But Cubans over there who have supported him for a long time still love him and consider him a demi-god like Kim. Trust me, as one born and raised in a Communist country, it's tough hearing your cousins say "Man, your president is awful. I love my leader." Pretty sure most North Korean's say this too.

Not at all. Most Cubans, if not all, who live here(Miami) undoubtedly hate Castro. But Cubans over there who have supported him for a long time still love him and consider him a demi-god like Kim. Trust me, as one born and raised in a Communist country, it's tough hearing your cousins say "Man, your president is awful. I love my leader." Pretty sure most North Korean's say this too.
That and the fact that the newest car they have for sale is a 62' Caddy and they think the New York Yankees won the '08 World series.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Things are just going to continue as they did when he was alive, just with a different leader. Wonder what the next one will brainwash the people into calling him? Kim Il Sung was "Great Leader", Kim Jong Il was "Dear Leader", what will the next one be?

Why don't we have a discussion now about what he should be called and then submit it to their government.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I also want to point out that, in all honesty, America is in no shape for another war, and that possibly induces a two front war. Know anyone that has won a two front war?

Regardless, I'm just glad my aunt is nowhere near South Korea anymore. I'm assuming Kim's son will take over, but he may have a change of heart with his father gone. Maybe.

I don't think there will be a war. At least, not now. Fuck. "Good news troops! We're done in the middle east.... hope you like Korean food!" C'mon guys, c'mon! If anything, I suspect the US will try to bribe him out of power and let S. Korea take over or the UN will step in some way and just occupy the country kind of like the Congo, but with less rape. A coup is also something that could happen, but really the country is such an economic shithole I don't think anyone would want it.

also just felt like saying, i feel like most N. Koreans don't enjoy starving so if there was a war, I don't suspect they would likely put up much of a fight. But I guess it depends on how good their propaganda is and all that... (it's probably pretty good).

The real problem is that the population is so brainwashed that I wouldn't be surprised if North Koreans starting arresting or even killing the diplomats sent in to help them, and we only have a small window of time to get a diplomatic solution, whatever it may be.

Thinking this will either be really good or bad for the people of N. Korea. I'd expect some looser information restrictions in the next couple of years leading to a revolution.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
As much as I'd like to see a revolution, the propaganda and brainwashing of the North Korean people makes me think that its unlikely.

China also comes into play here; it is in their best interest that North Korea doesn't start starting wars. Chinese diplomats have probably been dispatched immediately to grasp control of the situation. Furthermore, the eldest brother is in custody in China; in order to install a more "China-friendly" government, it's possible that they may try to intercede and put the eldest in the position of power.
Personally, this is my favorite scenario. While China doesn't have the best record of human rights, they will probably keep North Korea's military from doing anything stupid (I consider avoidable war stupid) based on economic concerns.

Hmm. Given that Un is apparently crazier than his dad, would this be like the Munchkins rejoicing over the Wicked Witch of the East being dead, then finding out that the Wicked Witch of the West is taking over tomorrow?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm glad that Vineon and Eraddd know what they're talking about.

In the end, however, I think that this won't have as much impact as people expect; as has already been mentioned, Kim Jong Il took power from his father relatively smoothly. While times are certainly different now, within a regime as oppressive and secretive as North Korea's I don't see it having many external issues (such as interventions from China and the U.S.A. [lol]).

I suppose the chances of a military coup occurring depend on the insanity ratio between Il's youngest son and the other generals in the top government. If a general was to seize power, I'd predict North Korea would end up far worse than if Il's son was to take power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)