Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I have a pair of charmanders I'm currently using for breeding. Is it okay to evolve them now, or should I wait until after I finish breeding them? What I'm asking is, do fully evolved pokemon take longer to produce eggs, or vice versa?
 

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I have a pair of charmanders I'm currently using for breeding. Is it okay to evolve them now, or should I wait until after I finish breeding them? What I'm asking is, do fully evolved pokemon take longer to produce eggs, or vice versa?
If Pokemon are different species (even if they are in the same evolution family) it will take longer for eggs to be produce. Don't bother evolving unless you have a specific reason to do so.
 

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
If Pokemon are different species (even if they are in the same evolution family) it will take longer for eggs to be produce. Don't bother evolving unless you have a specific reason to do so.
I'm planning on evolving both the male and female. I want to use the male in wifi, but I may end up using him again for breeding. So, since they're both the same species they'll still produce eggs just as fast as when they were charmanders correct?
 

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'm planning on evolving both the male and female. I want to use the male in wifi, but I may end up using him again for breeding. So, since they're both the same species they'll still produce eggs just as fast as when they were charmanders correct?
Correct. Evolution has no bearing on egg production per se; the game only checks if the parents are the same species or not.
 
Power item or no power item?
No power item, but I already managed to get the 5 IVs passed down! I think I got lucky. I'd still like to know the odds of passing down the right 5 IVs when breeding 4 and 5 iv Pokemon with 3 iv ones, because I'll have to do the same for Rotom, although it will be easier without having to worry about 0 speed.
 
Am i better off breeding
Mawile(M) adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 holding Destiny Knot with
Marill(F) Thick Fat adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 w Belly Drum and aqua jet holding everstone
or am I better off using
Marill(M) Thick Fat lax 31/31/31/x/31/31 w Belly Drum and aqua jet as the father ?

I've gotten a few(4) quints from using both marills but I've yet to see a quint with Huge Power even after 2 boxes worth of eggs since both parents are Thick Fat :s If i were to use the mawile, will the chance of getting one with huge power be back to 1/2 instead of 3/4? Please and thank you :D
 

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
The child's ability is based on the mother's ability, and the mother's alone. If you are trying for a Huge Power Marill, you only have a 20% chance when the mother is Thick Fat. If the mother was Huge Power it would be 80%
 
The child's ability is based on the mother's ability, and the mother's alone. If you are trying for a Huge Power Marill, you only have a 20% chance when the mother is Thick Fat. If the mother was Huge Power it would be 80%
Ah I see :) Seems that my source was wrong. Thanks for clearing that up for me :D Finally got the marill I wanted.
 

cant say

grumpy and stubborn
is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
Battle Spot Leader
So I've been having great success at this lately so I thought I'd try to get a good Torchic. The goal is an Adamant, Speed Boost with 31/31/31/x/31/31 (so pretty standard), but the whole 12.5% female ratio is killing me. I have a Japanese (for MM) Eevee with Baton Pass and 31/31/x/x/31/31 (Mild nature) and a (the best female Speed Boost Adamant I've come across) Torchic with x/x/31/x/x/x. What I thought I'd do was just grind it out and hope I hatched a 2iv female (with at least defence iv's) to replace the mother, then just keep doing that as I get better mothers. But I only have like a 1.2% chance to do so... So I was just hoping for some advice, should I forego the Everstone and use power items for now? Should I just straight up go for better parents? Any help appreciated
 
Yes, you should use a Power Item and Destiny Knot for now. Maybe chainbreed in that way until you get a female with at least 3IVs (or even more). Then you can consider breeding in the nature with everstone, where the father has the Adamant nature.
 
So I've been having great success at this lately so I thought I'd try to get a good Torchic. The goal is an Adamant, Speed Boost with 31/31/31/x/31/31 (so pretty standard), but the whole 12.5% female ratio is killing me. I have a Japanese (for MM) Eevee with Baton Pass and 31/31/x/x/31/31 (Mild nature) and a (the best female Speed Boost Adamant I've come across) Torchic with x/x/31/x/x/x. What I thought I'd do was just grind it out and hope I hatched a 2iv female (with at least defence iv's) to replace the mother, then just keep doing that as I get better mothers. But I only have like a 1.2% chance to do so... So I was just hoping for some advice, should I forego the Everstone and use power items for now? Should I just straight up go for better parents? Any help appreciated
I would disagree. Once you have a female Torchic that knows Baton Pass (even if it only has 1 IV), switch it out for your 1-IV mother. Then, since mothers can now pass down egg moves, you can breed the female Torchic that know Baton Pass with any father in the field Egg Group. So if you happen to have a flawless 6-IV father in the field egg group, you're good to go. Let me break it down, using examples:

Step 1) 1-IV Adamant Speed Boost Torchic ♀ (x/x/31/x/x/x) + Mild Eevee ♂ (31/31/x/x/31/31) with Baton Pass = Adamant Speed Boost Torchic ♀ w/ Baton Pass (31/x/x/x/x/x)
a. Give Everstone to Torchic and Destiny Knot to Eevee.
Step 2) Adamant Speed Boost Torchic ♀ w/ Baton Pass + Highest-IV Field Egg Group ♂ that you have (we'll say 31/31/31/x/31/31) = Better Adamant Speed Boost Torchic ♀ w/ Baton Pass (31/x/31/x/x/x)
a. Give Everstone to Torchic and Destiny Knot to the father.
Step 3) Replace your Torchic mother with the new Torchic that you just bred. So now, Adamant Speed Boost Torchic ♀ w/ Baton Pass (31/x/31/x/x/x) + Field Egg Group ♂ (31/31/31/x/31/31) = Even better Torchic mother.
a. Continue to get the Everstone to the mother and the Destiny Knot to the Father.
Step 4) Repeat Step 3 until you reach your desired result.

However, if you have an adamant field egg group father with at least 31/31/31/x/31/31, you're better off using a power item in step 1.

If you don't have a field egg group father with at least 31/31/31/x/31/31, I would recommend first taking on a different breeding project in the field egg group with a 50%/50% M/F Ratio, and coming back to Torchic afterwards, or trading (you can see my trade thread if you want, I've got lots of potential 31/31/31/x/31/31 fathers) for one.
 

cant say

grumpy and stubborn
is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
Battle Spot Leader
Cheers EIFF + welsknight. I think I'm gonna go with power items for now so I can force a few good iv's onto a female from a flawless Espurr now that I have Baton Pass so that when I eventually do hatch another female Torchic with speed boost it will at least guarantee a few good iv's. Seriously, every female I've hatched from Eevee + Torchic has had Blaze or no perfect iv's.. Once I get a half-decent female I'll change the father to an Adamant father, then once I have an even better female I'll swap out the father for the Eevee again. Increased shiny chance can't be ignored!
 
Let me see if i got this right: (for breeding)
1 - Poke with hidden ability (attach power item) X Ditto1 with nature i want (everstone)
2 - B1 with 2 P-IVs (attach everstone) X Ditto2 with 3 P-IVs different from B1 (attach destiny knot)
3 - B2 with 3 P-IVs (attach everstone) X Ditto3 with 3 P-IVs different from B2 (attach destiny knot)
4 - B3 Male with 4 P-IVs (attach everstone) X B4 Female with 4 P-IVs that doesn't overlap all P-IVs from B3 (attach destiny knot)
5 - B5 with 5 P-IVs
(P-IVS=Perfect IVs ; B1=Baby1, B2=Baby2, etc.)

I have been reading guides and I saw some variations, and I'm a bit confused.
Is this correct?
 
Let me see if i got this right: (for breeding)
1 - Poke with hidden ability (attach power item) X Ditto1 with nature i want (everstone)
2 - B1 with 2 P-IVs (attach everstone) X Ditto2 with 3 P-IVs different from B1 (attach destiny knot)
3 - B2 with 3 P-IVs (attach everstone) X Ditto3 with 3 P-IVs different from B2 (attach destiny knot)
4 - B3 Male with 4 P-IVs (attach everstone) X B4 Female with 4 P-IVs that doesn't overlap all P-IVs from B3 (attach destiny knot)
5 - B5 with 5 P-IVs
(P-IVS=Perfect IVs ; B1=Baby1, B2=Baby2, etc.)

I have been reading guides and I saw some variations, and I'm a bit confused.
Is this correct?
Essentially, yes. The process will vary slightly based on what you already have as far as potential parents are concerned. This calculator is an EXTREMELY helpful breeding tool.

The only way to really understand breeding is to jump in and do it. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it (albeit time-consuming). Couple simple tips:

1.) Make sure you the correct nature and any egg moves onto your offspring as early as possible into the breeding process.
2.) For your first breeding project, try and choose a Pokemon that has a 50%/50% M/F Ratio, and also belongs to multiple egg groups. This will make later breeding projects MUCH easier. Don't try and tackle something like Rotom or Chlorophyll Bulbasaur for your first project, it will take you so long to get what you're looking for that you may just get permanently turned off to breeding.
3.) Whenever you breed a better farhter or mother, switch them out ASAP.
4.) If breeding for egg moves, make sure you keep an eye on the egg-move carrying parent so it doesn't out-level the move.
 
So, I've been breeding Nidoran for a VERY long time, a week or so, if not more.

I've had two near perfect Nidoran breeding together (4/5 desired iv's, both) and haven't got a single perfect male Nidoran, but several perfect females. Now I decided to switch it up and have a Ditto with 2 of the desired IV's breed with the 4/5 NidoranM. And still no perfect Nidoran male.

For further clarification, I'm breeding for a Jolly 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Male Nidoran with Hustle. And I've only gotten 4/5's with various combinations.

Examples include:
HP, Defense, Sp. Def, Speed
HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Speed
HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def
Attack, Defense, Sp. Def, Speed
Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed

I've been breeding for so long that I'm starting to wonder if it is impossible to get the desired Nidoran because of whatever reason. I'm about to lose the will and hope here, usually I've gotten perfect pokemon within two-three days aT MOST.

So, any help at all is appreciated.
 
I tried asking the simple answers section but now that I think about it, maybe this is a better place to ask. I know an egg is generated every 255 steps using their respective percentages. Atm, I'm breeding two different species of parents with the same ID so the % chance is kinda low(19.8%) and it's really slowing me down because the eggs rarely generate and I'm usually cycling for 5~10mins or so without generating a single egg. Would it be possible to somehow save at around ~254 using the bike then move a few steps, try to generate the egg at the 255th step and if it doesn't appear, just SR to give it another try until I get one?
Whats an efficient way to generate a fast supply of eggs using my given situation? Please and thank you!
 
Last edited:
So, I've been breeding Nidoran for a VERY long time, a week or so, if not more.

I've had two near perfect Nidoran breeding together (4/5 desired iv's, both) and haven't got a single perfect male Nidoran, but several perfect females. Now I decided to switch it up and have a Ditto with 2 of the desired IV's breed with the 4/5 NidoranM. And still no perfect Nidoran male.

For further clarification, I'm breeding for a Jolly 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Male Nidoran with Hustle. And I've only gotten 4/5's with various combinations.

Examples include:
HP, Defense, Sp. Def, Speed
HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Speed
HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def
Attack, Defense, Sp. Def, Speed
Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed

I've been breeding for so long that I'm starting to wonder if it is impossible to get the desired Nidoran because of whatever reason. I'm about to lose the will and hope here, usually I've gotten perfect pokemon within two-three days aT MOST.

So, any help at all is appreciated.
Nidoran is in the Monster & Field Egg Groups. I would recommend breeding your Nidoran with a perfect 31/31/31/x/31/31 male belonging to one of the those Egg Groups. You definitely don't have to limit yourself to breeding with other Nidorans or Ditto. However, Hustle is a Hidden Ability, so make sure that your mother has it, or there is a 0% chance that the offspring will inherit it. As a last resort, you can always check out my trade thread. Jolly Hustle (and Adamant Hustle) Nidoran is in my inventory. ;)

I tried asking the simple answers section but now that I think about it, maybe this is a better place to ask. I know an egg is generated every 255 steps using their respective percentages. Atm, I'm breeding two different species of parents with the same ID so the % chance is kinda low(19.8%) and it's really slowing me down because the eggs rarely generate and I'm usually cycling for 5~10mins or so without generating a single egg. Would it be possible to somehow save at around ~254 using the bike then move a few steps, try to generate the egg at the 255th step and if it doesn't appear, just SR to give it another try until I get one?
Whats an efficient way to generate a fast supply of eggs using my given situation? Please and thank you!
Honestly, it takes longer to reset your game then it does to bike 255 steps. I usually just bike the path in front of the Daycare. My route goes left until just before the cave, then back right all the way to town, circle around the fountain, and repeat.

As far as generating more eggs, you can try replacing one of the parents with a Pokemon you received in a trade (that has a different OT ID), or better yet, a Pokemon that is foreign (JPN, SPN, etc). Breeding two Pokemon of the exact same species also generates eggs faster. Keep in mind, I said species, not evolutionary line (in other words, Pikachu will breed very well with Pikachu, but not as well with Raichu).
 
Honestly, it takes longer to reset your game then it does to bike 255 steps. I usually just bike the path in front of the Daycare. My route goes left until just before the cave, then back right all the way to town, circle around the fountain, and repeat.

As far as generating more eggs, you can try replacing one of the parents with a Pokemon you received in a trade (that has a different OT ID), or better yet, a Pokemon that is foreign (JPN, SPN, etc). Breeding two Pokemon of the exact same species also generates eggs faster. Keep in mind, I said species, not evolutionary line (in other words, Pikachu will breed very well with Pikachu, but not as well with Raichu).
Ah, but if I want to use my pre-existing 5iv parent(no other better parent atm) of one species to breed with another species, then I'll just have to deal with it, isnt it? Or, in your opinion, is it easier to just restart from the safari(3ivs) and start my way back to the top to get the 5iv parents?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.