Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently Breeding a 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a 31/X/31/X/31/31 Froakie together(Both Protean Ability) One holding Everstone and One holding Destiny Knot and Every offspring I hatch has Torrent ability. How do I get it to have Protean.
If both parents have protean, then you're simply getting unlucky. If I'm not mistaken, there's a 50/50 or 60/40 chance of dream world abilities being passed down. Make certain that whichever Pokemon here is the female has Protean, otherwise you won't produce any Protean offspring.

How many eggs have you tried? Everything I've both read and witnessed myself have shown that your hidden ability should be passing on (EDIT: Not at 100% mind you, but still at a minimum of 50/50 results), provided that your mother has Protean. You may want to pull her out and double-check, as a male with Protean but female with Torrent will result in 100% Torrent Froakies
If both parents have protean, then you're simply getting unlucky. If I'm not mistaken, there's a 50/50 or 60/40 chance of dream world abilities being passed down. Make certain that whichever Pokemon here is the female has Protean, otherwise you won't produce any Protean offspring.
Ok I'll just keep trying more eggs than.

The guide has been updated it now contains:

-A few extra mentions of useful breeding mechanics like Flame Body and the IV checker I ignored as too basic
-A section on where power items can prove useful and where to avoid them

With Hidden abilities from my testing:

M (HA) + F (HA) = 80% chance of HA Baby
M (NA) + F (HA) = 80% chance of HA Baby
M (HA) + F (NA) = 0% chance of HA Baby
M (HA ) + Ditto = approx 50% chance of HA Baby
F (HA) + Ditto = 0% chance of HA baby
I think the first two are more like 60%, not 80%. That would mean it is just like in 5th gen. 60% HA, 20% Ability 1, 20% Ability 2. If the female has a non-HA the chance is 80% of passing her ability down, just like before.
Reason: I may just have been very unlucky, but many more of the offsprings get the wrong ability when trying to get pokemon with HA than with non-HA from the female with the correct ability.

I have a question, it looks like you are passing down more then 3 perfect iv's, I thought pokemon could only have 3 perfect iv's. I'm confused (I have not gotten the game yet so maybe I'm missing something) can someone please explain this?

I have a question, it looks like you are passing down more then 3 perfect iv's, I thought pokemon could only have 3 perfect iv's. I'm confused (I have not gotten the game yet so maybe I'm missing something) can someone please explain this?
Read the guide more thoroughly, Destiny knot allows you to pass down 5 IVs now.

Hey! So I'm trying to breed an adamant, HA 31/31/31/x/31/31 dratini at the moment and am having terrible results! The mother has the HA and the father does not. They are both adamant and have 31/31/31/x/31/31. The mother is holding an everstone and the father is holding destiny knot. I've already hatched enough dratini eggs to fill up two boxes and still don't have the desired result. What am I doing wrong? Or do I just have terrible luck?

Hey! So I'm trying to breed an adamant, HA 31/31/31/x/31/31 dratini at the moment and am having terrible results! The mother has the HA and the father does not. They are both adamant and have 31/31/31/x/31/31. The mother is holding an everstone and the father is holding destiny knot. I've already hatched enough dratini eggs to fill up two boxes and still don't have the desired result. What am I doing wrong? Or do I just have terrible luck?
if everything you said is correct, you are sadly just unlucky. Do not worry though, since everyone seems to get their fair share of bad luck and good luck

if everything you said is correct, you are sadly just unlucky. Do not worry though, since everyone seems to get their fair share of bad luck and good luck
Of course I am T^T I'll keep going! Do you know what the probability of getting the offspring I want might be?

Lets calculate the probability: [1/6 (to not inherit SAtk) + 1/32 (to randomly get 31 in non-inherit stat if SAtk is inherit)] * 0.6 (chance of getting HA) = 19/160 = 0.11875
IOW: 11,9% chance of getting the wanted result, or 1 per 8.42 eggs. You seem to be unlucky.

PS: correct me if my calculation is wrong.

Last edited:

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
You have to figure it this way: You have a 1 in 6 chance of getting the desired inheritance spread (31/31/31/NI/31/31), and a 5 in 6 chance of getting a spread you don't want: (NI/31/31/X/31/31 for example). Out of the 5 inheritance spreads you do not want, you have a 1/32 chance of the non-inherited stat to be randomly generated into a 31 IV.

So something like a (5/6) * (1/32) + (1/6) = 37/196 chance of actually getting a 31/31/31/X/31/31 Child if both parents have 31/31/31/X/31/31. Multiply that by the odds of getting the desired ability (3/5 i think), and the odds of getting the desired child are 111/980, or a little better than 1/9.

At least if my math is correct.

Lets calculate the probability: [1/6 (to not inherit SAtk) + 1/32 (to randomly get 31 in non-inherit stat if SAtk is inherit)] * 0.6 (chance of getting HA) = 19/160 = 0.11875
IOW: 11,9% chance of getting the wanted result, or 1 per 8.42 eggs. You seem to be unlucky.

OBS: correct me if my calculation is wrong.
sounds correct, not sure what the ha inheritance rate is but yes, sounds right

I had the same parents you did (except also a male with Marvel Scale, which makes no difference) and out of 90 eggs, I believe 17 were 31/31/31/xx/31/31 and only 8 of those had Marvel Scale. So I had about an 8.89% rate of getting the desired result. 60 eggs should easily have been enough to get one.

Getting so tired of every egg.

Parents
4IV Male, 4IV Female
Destiny Knot & Choice Item

results? Pokemon with 3 IVs. What the hell. I'm getting so tired of getting crap hour after hour.

Getting so tired of every egg.

Parents
4IV Male, 4IV Female
Destiny Knot & Choice Item

results? Pokemon with 3 IVs. What the hell. I'm getting so tired of getting crap hour after hour.
Sadly, at this point, the chance of getting your final product is still ~ 1/24 when you have two quad flawless parents. If you'd, like, you can test your luck by using the power item technique I put out in the final part of the guide. You cut that 1/24 chance to a 1/10 and a 1/12 chance instead. It isn't much of a difference in your chances, but it gives you more control over your breed, which can be great if you're feeling frustrated during that final stretch.

Sadly, at this point, the chance of getting your final product is still ~ 1/24 when you have two quad flawless parents. If you'd, like, you can test your luck by using the power item technique I put out in the final part of the guide. You cut that 1/24 chance to a 1/10 and a 1/12 chance instead. It isn't much of a difference in your chances, but it gives you more control over your breed, which can be great if you're feeling frustrated during that final stretch.
I just can't seem to get past 4IVs. I've gone from 2 to 3 to 4, but there is like a brick wall going to 5. I just want 1, like out of 50 eggs, nothing. Not even 4IVs, all of them are 3 or below. Ridiculous.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's all luck, at some point you'll end up getting it.

Though, if you parents have 31 IVs in the same places, you're not going to get anywhere fast.

I just can't seem to get past 4IVs. I've gone from 2 to 3 to 4, but there is like a brick wall going to 5. I just want 1, like out of 50 eggs, nothing. Not even 4IVs, all of them are 3 or below. Ridiculous.
Trust me, that is one of the most frustrating parts of breeding these damn eggs. Are you at least checking the IVs with the one trainer in Kiloude? He cut a lot of time testing IVs once I understood that he'd reveal every max IV you had at once. Also, did you mean DestinyKnot + Power Item? Choice Items don't affect the IV a parent gives, the Power item for the corresponding stat is the one that affects IV passing. Assuming you're not worrying about nature, just make sure you're equipping the (relevant) Power Item on a stat that Parent A has a 31 in, but not Parent B; speeds things up immensely. Besides that, it's all a waiting game.

They have the same IVs except for 2 stats which one has it and the other doesn't.
Again, if you're feeling a loss of control and would like to try an alternate route to achieving your final product, consider using the power item technique I outlined:
Escaping the 1/24 plateau

The "1/24 plateau" refers to the usually frustratingly lengthy period of getting the final product once you have two x4 31 Pokemon of the correct nature in the daycare. Giving a power item to one parent (and the Destiny Knot to the other) so the flawless IV the other parent lacks is always inherited can modify this process to speed it up slightly. With a power item, you have a 1/10 chance (1/5 of all the write IVs being inherited, 1/2 of the other parents IV being inherited) of a receiving a x5 IV parent, albeit with the wrong nature. From here, you can substitute in the x5 IV wrong nature parent for either parent and continue breeding, the wrong nature parent holding a Destiny Knot and the correct nature parent holding the Everstone. The chance of receiving a flawless egg is now 1/12. This doesn't save a great deal of effort, and will have you breeding an extra set of competitively useless parents in the process, but narrowing down your chances can prove useful if you're frustrated with your x4 IV parents taking too long. It's a case of whether you want to work with two higher chances or one lower one.

[/quote]

Yeah that's what i've been doing. I can't get a SINGLE wrong nature 5 IV. That's what is frustrating.

The best I can do is.

Litwick | Female | Lv.1 | [ 31/x/31/31/x/31 ] & Litwick | Male| Lv.1 | [ 31/x/31/31/31/x ]

Everythig else i breed either is the same (1/10 egg) or has 3 IVs. -____- Im so close to just giving up on this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm trying to breed for a 31/31/31/31/31/31 protean naive froakie.

I currently have:

31/31/31/31/x/31 male protean naive froakie @ everstone
31/31/31/31/x/31 female protean naive froakie @ destiny knot

I am getting plenty of 31/31/31/31/x/31 but none flawless

Would it be better to go for the following parents?

x/x/x/x/31/x male protean naive froakie @ power band

Or should I just stick to the current situation and wait?

So I'm trying to breed for a 31/31/31/31/31/31 protean naive froakie.

I currently have:

31/31/31/31/x/31 male protean naive froakie @ everstone

I am getting plenty of 31/31/31/31/x/31 but none flawless

Would it be better to go for the following parents?

x/x/x/x/31/x male protean naive froakie @ power band

Or should I just stick to the current situation and wait?
Breeding completely flawless x6 final products is the most difficult of any breeding out there. Do not use the second method at all. The Destiny Knot allows 5 IVs to be passed down, but does not stack with the Power items (after the power item passes down, 4 IVs are left to pass down). You have a much worse chance of getting your perfect Froakie, and that's not even counting that you lack a way to pass nature.

In your situation, there is no way for you to lower your odds of hatching a 31/31/31/31/31/31 froakie. With your current situation, you need the 1/6 chance the Special defense IV is not passed down, then the 1/32 chance that the newly generated Special Defense IV is 31. This leaves you with a staggering 1/192 chance of breeding your flawless froakie, but it is unfortunately the highest chance you have of breeding it.

Breeding completely flawless x6 final products is the most difficult of any breeding out there. Do not use the second method at all. The Destiny Knot allows 5 IVs to be passed down, but does not stack with the Power items (after the power item passes down, 4 IVs are left to pass down). You have a much worse chance of getting your perfect Froakie, and that's not even counting that you lack a way to pass nature.

In your situation, there is no way for you to lower your odds of hatching a 31/31/31/31/31/31 froakie. With your current situation, you need the 1/6 chance the Special defense IV is not passed down, then the 1/32 chance that the newly generated Special Defense IV is 31. This leaves you with a staggering 1/192 chance of breeding your flawless froakie, but it is unfortunately the highest chance you have of breeding it.
Thanks for the response. Ah....hmm. Well I guess I'll aim a little lower maybe try for 25~31 for Sp.Def. Hope I get lucky!

I'm just going to not bother once i get 4IVs in the right spots I want, because RNG hates me and won't give me a single 5IV, unless i'm using a 6IV parent, which someone lend me, and If I can't get a 5IV, I can't get a 6IV. T___T so hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)