Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Sprocket, am I just doing this wrong? I took into account a few breeding experiments, and later tried to find the math to justify it. Here is a link to my two posts in '*Big* news for Breeding' before I found your probability table, which is amazing, although I can't say I fully understand it:
Breeding Mechanics Posts
^ towards the bottom of the page

wow maybe disregard this XD I'm finding some more good stuff earlier in the thread and some of the percentages seem to match up :P
The math is tricky! I had to go through a dozen permutations by hand before I finally found the correct one.

But generally yes, you have two things to deal with: The probability of the inherited IVs lining up correctly, and the probability of the inherited IVs NOT lining up correctly. And of course within that you have to worry about whether the correct parents IVs are passed down AND whether the randomly generated IV works out how you want. If both parents have the same IVs, it works in your favor as long as the correct IV spread is inherited.

Needless to say, its a pain in the ass and not easy to wrap one's head around.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
The math is tricky! I had to go through a dozen permutations by hand before I finally found the correct one.

But generally yes, you have two things to deal with: The probability of the inherited IVs lining up correctly, and the probability of the inherited IVs NOT lining up correctly. And of course within that you have to worry about whether the correct parents IVs are passed down AND whether the randomly generated IV works out how you want. If both parents have the same IVs, it works in your favor as long as the correct IV spread is inherited.

Needless to say, its a pain in the ass and not easy to wrap one's head around.
Yea I totally second that ^

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So apparently the Oval Charm exists in Pokemon X and Y? Wish I'd known this sooner!

For those that don't know, the Oval Charm increases the rate that eggs are produced. You get it by completing the Kalos Pokedex (Central, Coast, Mountain)

So apparently the Oval Charm exists in Pokemon X and Y? Wish I'd known this sooner!

For those that don't know, the Oval Charm increases the rate that eggs are produced. You get it by completing the Kalos Pokedex (Central, Coast, Mountain)
yeah and since that one excists im pretty sure the shiny charm does excists as well

REQUEST STICKY

-The breeding probabilities guide by Sprocket on page 17 is incredibly useful when determining the trade value of your bred Pokemon.
-There is tons of good information located in this thread for breeders.
-I'm getting tired of digging through pages of threads to find this one lol

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus

yeah and since that one excists im pretty sure the shiny charm does excists as well
Yea and you only have to encounter the pokemon, unlike B2/W2 where you had to catch them all for the oval charm.

Is it 100% confirmed that the Power Item works? I was using it tied to a DK and did not receive the desired 31 IV.
Are you certain that the parent who was holding the power item had a perfect 31 IV in the required stat? and, are you sure you used the right Power Item?

Yea and you only have to encounter the pokemon, unlike B2/W2 where you had to catch them all for the oval charm.

Are you certain that the parent who was holding the power item had a perfect 31 IV in the required stat? and, are you sure you used the right Power Item?
whel for the shiny im pretty sure you have to CATCH them all

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Is it 100% confirmed that the Power Item works? I was using it tied to a DK and did not receive the desired 31 IV.
My experience has shown that Power items work 100% of the time, so long as one parent holds the Power Item and the other holds something OTHER than a Power Item.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
yeah but we cant be sure till pokemon bank comes uit because I was talking about the national dex
right. this is also something I had been wondering about, since XY differed from B2/W2 in the way of achieving the Oval Charm,edit: and I wondered if it would also differ for the Shiny Charm. But either way, it's not too much of a stretch to go ahead and capture the rest of them, given pokebank and gts

right. this is also something I had been wondering about, since XY differed from B2/W2 in the way of achieving the Oval Charm. But either way, it's not too much of a stretch to go ahead and capture the rest of them, given pokebank and gts
I disagree for me it wil be almost impossible because I wil never ever pay any dime for a storage in the cloud because when the servers close someday they are all gone besides its bullshit you have to pay extra money to transfer pokes from the older games to the new one.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I disagree for me it wil be almost impossible because I wil never ever pay any dime for a storage in the cloud because when the servers close someday they are all gone besides its bullshit you have to pay extra money to transfer pokes from the older games to the new one.
well if you don't use pokebank, then how would you even ENCOUNTER the rest of the pokemon for the Ntl Dex?

edit: besides trading oc, which I admit could be quite difficult

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Note that using a Power item on one parent and another Power item on the other will cause either of their IVs to chain down, not both.
I'm pretty sure that's not the case; it seems to me that, when you use two Power Items, each one will have a 50% chance of passing down its IV (as in, there will be a 25% you'll get both IVs).

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'm pretty sure that's not the case; it seems to me that, when you use two Power Items, each one will have a 50% chance of passing down its IV (as in, there will be a 25% you'll get both IVs).
If thats the case, its not worth replacing your Destiny Knot for a second power item, as your odds of passing down two IVs with a DK + a single power item are ~40% or ~81% anyway (13/32 and 129/160 to be exact).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If thats the case, its not worth replacing your Destiny Knot for a second power item, as your odds of passing down two IVs with a DK + a single power item are ~40% or ~81% anyway (13/32 and 129/160 to be exact).
...Oh well, if only I knew that before breeding my HP Fire Bulbasaur!

My dilemma

I have two eevee who are 31/31/31/31/x/31 and one eevee that is 31/31/31/x/31/31. All th

ree are the wrong nature.

I have a timid ditto with two perfect IVs.

Is there any way I can fix this produce timid offspring with five or six perfect IVs?

Edit: all male i should add

Last edited:
My dilemma

I have two eevee who are 31/31/31/31/x/31 and one eevee that is 31/31/31/x/31/31. All three are the wrong nature.

Is there any way I can fix this produce timid offspring with five or six perfect IVs?
5-IV Eevee holding Destiny Knot + Ditto holding Everstone = Timid Eevee offspring
Timid Eevee offspring holding Everstone + 5-IV Eevee holding Destiny Knot = better Timid Eevee offspring

Continue to replace your Timid Eevee offspring as it breeds better IV offspring.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
My dilemma

I have two eevee who are 31/31/31/31/x/31 and one eevee that is 31/31/31/x/31/31. All three are the wrong nature.

Breed either one with the Ditto holding Everstone to get the correct nature. You will likely lose some of your flawless IVs, but then you will have an Eevee with the correct nature. Then just breed the new Eevee with the old Eevees until you have the desired offspring.

Unfortunately you made an early mistake where you didnt put the correct nature in at an early step. In the end this just translates to more work.

Though you could get lucky and get a perfect offspring with the ditto.

Hi guys,

I recently made an IV Breeding Probability Calculator for Pokemon X/Y:
http://destinyknot.tk/

It calculates the probability of getting a certain IV spread when given 2 parent spreads. It's a very simple interface where you just check mark the boxes that are supposed to be 31's. I compared the calculator's results to Sproket's tables and it seem to give the same numbers. The calculator doesn't have support for Power Items yet though. Hopefully some IV breeders can find this useful!

yo agnaktor, if you ever need any sexual favors or anything, you know who to call.

Seriously, that is really damn cool, thanks for your work!

Hi guys,

I recently made an IV Breeding Probability Calculator for Pokemon X/Y:
http://destinyknot.tk/

It calculates the probability of getting a certain IV spread when given 2 parent spreads. It's a very simple interface where you just check mark the boxes that are supposed to be 31's. I compared the calculator's results to Sproket's tables and it seem to give the same numbers. The calculator doesn't have support for Power Items yet though. Hopefully some IV breeders can find this useful!
Very nice, I like it (especially that it takes gender/abilities into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)