Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really good guide! I was thinking you could add a mention of the Oval Charm. It really helps with those "The two don't seem to like each other much" situations and it is relatively easy to get in X/Y.

Hey! new to this website and I'm trying to breed a perfect Axew. Both have modest nature (should've went with adamant..I know), they both hold the everstone and destiny knot and have 3 different perfect IVs each, male parent has perfect HP/atk/speed while female parent has perfect def/sp.atk/sp.def. My question is .. if I keep producing eggs from these two, will I eventually hatch an Axew with 4 IVs?

Eventually you should hatch a x4 parent yes. However, I would highly recommend taking the time to backtrack and add the correct nature into the mix now while you're still fairly early into the breeding process.

Eventually you should hatch a x4 parent yes. However, I would highly recommend taking the time to backtrack and add the correct nature into the mix now while you're still fairly early into the breeding process.
Thanks! I actually did decide to try and change the nature of both ..

Thanks! I actually did decide to try and change the nature of both ..
You only need to get the correct nature on one of them and let that Pokemon hold the Everstone. Use a Adamant Ditto/male pokemon from the monster/dragon group and breed it with Axew.

Hey! new to this website and I'm trying to breed a perfect Axew. Both have modest nature (should've went with adamant..I know), they both hold the everstone and destiny knot and have 3 different perfect IVs each, male parent has perfect HP/atk/speed while female parent has perfect def/sp.atk/sp.def. My question is .. if I keep producing eggs from these two, will I eventually hatch an Axew with 4 IVs?
Im going to be honest and recommend you ask for a jolly/adamant axew spit back in the quick trade thread. Get a 5 iv ione and speed the process up massively.

Here's a breeding story for you guys. I was breeding 2 4 IV Smeargle, and kept getting 2-3 IV children. Swapped out the male for a Male 5 IV Torchic, and Lo and behold, a 6 IV Female Smeargle, first egg. Uber lucky, imo. Perfect nature too.

Im going to be honest and recommend you ask for a jolly/adamant axew spit back in the quick trade thread. Get a 5 iv ione and speed the process up massively.
yeah I changed the nature to adamant .. If anyone has a 5 IV axew they wouldnt mind giving me, I will gladly take it off you :)

i dont know if anyone said that already but...
For those non cheaters that have hacked dittos I have one hint when breeding genderless pokemon.
It consists in using poke radar for catching good dittos.
You need only to be good with poke radar.
When your chain reaches 40, every next pokemon will have 2 flawless ivs.
I noticed when chaining that when your chain reaches 60, then you have 3 flawless ivs, with an chance of 1/10 aproximately of 4ivs
Maybe i just got too lucky, but i captured around 20 dittos after a chain of 60 and all of them had 3 or 4 ivs, 2 of them with 4ivs.
Maybe if you increase you chain more, you will get more flawless ivs?
Im not that good with pokeradar, so i jever got a chain greater than 70.
anyway i may obtain good dittos for anyone, just pm me for good offers.

Hi I have a question...
I am trying to breed a Jolly mold breaker excadrill. I have a Jolly ditto to breed with the excadrill with mold breaker I got from gts. My question is, how do I know if my excadrill will end up with mold breaker? Drilbur doesn't get mold breaker... Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi I have a question...
I am trying to breed a Jolly mold breaker excadrill. I have a Jolly ditto to breed with the excadrill with mold breaker I got from gts. My question is, how do I know if my excadrill will end up with mold breaker? Drilbur doesn't get mold breaker... Sorry if this is a dumb question!
Drilbur has Mold Breaker as a hidden ability. If your Mold Breaker Excadrill is female, then there's a 60% chance the offspring will have Mold Breaker as well. However, if it's male, there's only about a twenty percent chance of getting Mold Breaker. As for knowing whether the eggs have Mold Breaker or not, well, you'll just have to check their summaries.

i dont know if anyone said that already but...
For those non cheaters that have hacked dittos I have one hint when breeding genderless pokemon.
It consists in using poke radar for catching good dittos.
You need only to be good with poke radar.
When your chain reaches 40, every next pokemon will have 2 flawless ivs.
I noticed when chaining that when your chain reaches 60, then you have 3 flawless ivs, with an chance of 1/10 aproximately of 4ivs
Maybe i just got too lucky, but i captured around 20 dittos after a chain of 60 and all of them had 3 or 4 ivs, 2 of them with 4ivs.
Maybe if you increase you chain more, you will get more flawless ivs?
Im not that good with pokeradar, so i jever got a chain greater than 70.
anyway i may obtain good dittos for anyone, just pm me for good offers.
Can anyone confirm this? I thought the radar was only for Shinies.

Does the rate of inheriting Hidden Ability differ when using a Ditto as one of the parents? I'm hearing that it stays 60%, but some people say it's 40%

Edit: This is assuming you're breeding using a Ditto + a HA female

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does the rate of inheriting Hidden Ability differ when using a Ditto as one of the parents? I'm hearing that it stays 60%, but some people say it's 40%

Edit: This is assuming you're breeding using a Ditto + a HA female
60% with female HA, or ~20% with male HA.

Is the rate of passing down the hidden ability using female HA + male (whatever) 60%? I've been getting way too many normal Starly using this method. My ratio so far is more like >=80% non HA Starly to the extent that I've been flooding Wonder Trades with them -.-" Or maybe RNG is just mean to me these few days.

EDIT: So, I've gotten a few more HA Starly after this post, but my ratio of non HA to HA is still >60%... Seems to me that RNG is finally turning a bit kinder to me, but not that kind yet.

Last edited:
Question: Will it ever get to the point to where one can do this without hesitation?
Not sure what do you mean by "do this without hesitation"? Breeding is much easier in general for XY, so it's usually only a matter of time + RNG luck before you get what you want.

I just used a Calculator, and my Goodra unknowingly has 31 IV's in Spe. D
Talk about a wall, am I right?

So why is the destiny knot important? Why is transferring 5 IV's so needed? Can't you just slap a band on one of the parents, or something?

I just used a Calculator, and my Goodra unknowingly has 31 IV's in Spe. D
Talk about a wall, am I right?

So why is the destiny knot important? Why is transferring 5 IV's so needed? Can't you just slap a band on one of the parents, or something?
OK let's start with the easy stuff:

Destiny Knot- And here we have by far the most wonderful and significant change to breeding with X&Y. If either of your parents holds the Destiny Knot, the parents will pass down a whopping five IVs to the baby Pokemon. With this item, it has become significantly easier to chain IVs on to Pokemon and easily receive perfect Pokemon

That was copied from the very first post of this thread.

For the other questions:
1. Yes, 31 SpD is good. In fact, other than Mixed Sweeper and Hidden Power sets, I don't recall any optimal set of ANY poke ever needing less than 31 IVs in both defences.

2. If you look through Smogon or any other competitive battling site, the IVs suggested will (almost, like, 99.9999999999999999999%) always be in the form of 5IVs with an unknown IV in there. An explanation on IVs can be found here. When you breed, you aim to pass down as many optimal IVs from the parents as possible, which explains why Destiny Knot helps hugely in breeding this generation.

3. Power Anklet/Weight/whatever (basically all the Power items) pass down 1 stat corresponding to the item from that parent, e.g. Power Anklet passes down that particular parent's Speed stat to the baby. Since the Power items only pass down 1 stat at a time, it is usually sub-optimal to use them over Destiny Knot. Exceptions are like when you start out with crappy parents but you know there is one perfect stat (e.g. the father's HP) that you want to pass down and literally don't care about the parents' every other stat.

EDIT: Reading the first post will help you greatly. Or the thread in Orange Islands on breeding.

EDIT 2: Said Orange Islands link is this.

OK let's start with the easy stuff:

Destiny Knot- And here we have by far the most wonderful and significant change to breeding with X&Y. If either of your parents holds the Destiny Knot, the parents will pass down a whopping five IVs to the baby Pokemon. With this item, it has become significantly easier to chain IVs on to Pokemon and easily receive perfect Pokemon

That was copied from the very first post of this thread.

For the other questions:
1. Yes, 31 SpD is good. In fact, other than Mixed Sweeper and Hidden Power sets, I don't recall any optimal set of ANY poke ever needing less than 31 IVs in both defences.

2. If you look through Smogon or any other competitive battling site, the IVs suggested will (almost, like, 99.9999999999999999999%) always be in the form of 5IVs with an unknown IV in there. An explanation on IVs can be found here. When you breed, you aim to pass down as many optimal IVs from the parents as possible, which explains why Destiny Knot helps hugely in breeding this generation.

3. Power Anklet/Weight/whatever (basically all the Power items) pass down 1 stat corresponding to the item from that parent, e.g. Power Anklet passes down that particular parent's Speed stat to the baby. Since the Power items only pass down 1 stat at a time, it is usually sub-optimal to use them over Destiny Knot. Exceptions are like when you start out with crappy parents but you know there is one perfect stat (e.g. the father's HP) that you want to pass down and literally don't care about the parents' every other stat.

EDIT: Reading the first post will help you greatly. Or the thread in Orange Islands on breeding.

EDIT 2: Said Orange Islands link is this.
Oohh. Every IV really DOES count.

I'm having a bit of trouble with breeding... I've got two Pokemon in the day care, both with 6 perfect IVs (a female Haxorus and male Garchomp, if that's relevant at all). The Haxorus is holding a Destiny Knot, and the Garchomp is holding an Everstone. Since the Destiny Knot passes down 5 IVs from the parents, I should end up with an Axew with 5 perfect IVs and an Adamant nature, because of the Everstone on Garchomp. Somehow, though, I'm ending up with Impish Axews with 2 perfect IVs and other stuff like that. I've never gotten anything above 4 IVs, according to the guy in Kiloude City. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have the item definitions mixed up somehow? From what I've read, it should be working for me. Can anyone help?

I'm having a bit of trouble with breeding... I've got two Pokemon in the day care, both with 6 perfect IVs (a female Haxorus and male Garchomp, if that's relevant at all). The Haxorus is holding a Destiny Knot, and the Garchomp is holding an Everstone. Since the Destiny Knot passes down 5 IVs from the parents, I should end up with an Axew with 5 perfect IVs and an Adamant nature, because of the Everstone on Garchomp. Somehow, though, I'm ending up with Impish Axews with 2 perfect IVs and other stuff like that. I've never gotten anything above 4 IVs, according to the guy in Kiloude City. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have the item definitions mixed up somehow? From what I've read, it should be working for me. Can anyone help?
check the iv of the haxorus and the garchomp .

Like what TyVip said, check your pokes' IVs. Outstanding potential does NOT equate to having perfect IVs. Perfect 31 IVs are when the IV checker tells you that a certain stat cannot be better. As for your Axew natures, your Garchomp should be an Impish one (since it is holding Everstone).

So solution for you: re-check the parents' IVs and natures. If you want an Adamant Axew offspring, breed with an Adamant parent and let that parent hold Everstone. After you pass down the nature, then you look to pass down IVs. I believe it works faster that way. :)

I haven't started breeding in 6th gen yet... But is there a reason why we can't transfer perfect RNG'd Dittos of every nature from 5th generation? Wouldn't this shorten the breeding time significantly?

Also we only really need to breed 6th gen Pokemon right? As everything else can be RNG'd in 5th gen? Or is there a reason why people want their Pokemon to be hatched in 6th gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)