Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I've read through the quick guide to breeding posted by Stellar. It was a very, very helpful guide. However, I still have some questions.

I am currently trying to breed a perfect Bagon (for Salamence). Both Bagons are of Naive nature. I had a male Bagon with perfect HP, Attack, and Speed according to the IV judge. I then had a female who knows Dragon Dance with perfect HP and Attack. The male is holding a Destiny Knot and the female is holding an Everstone.

Basically, I'm just waiting for a female Bagon to hatch who has perfect IV for a different stat other than HP, Attack, and Speed, right?

Will the IV Judge tell you which perfect IVs you have if you have a pokemon with more than 3 perfect IVs? For example, would the IV Judge list ALL of the perfect IVs that your pokemon has or would he only list a maximum of 3?

For the Hatching O-Power, how many steps does it cut it down by? I understand there are different levels. Do any of you know how many steps per level?

Thank you!

EDIT: I just bred a female HP, Attack, Speed Bagon. I also have a male Special Attack Bagon. I should breed these two together, right? Should I have the male hold a Power Lens (to pass down Special Attack) or should I have it hold a Destiny Bond? Would there be a way to tell if I get the 4 perfect IVs?

Last edited:
Hello all! I've read through the quick guide to breeding posted by Stellar. It was a very, very helpful guide. However, I still have some questions.

I am currently trying to breed a perfect Bagon (for Salamence). Both Bagons are of Naive nature. I had a male Bagon with perfect HP, Attack, and Speed according to the IV judge. I then had a female who knows Dragon Dance with perfect HP and Attack. The male is holding a Destiny Knot and the female is holding an Everstone.

Basically, I'm just waiting for a female Bagon to hatch who has perfect IV for a different stat other than HP, Attack, and Speed, right?

Will the IV Judge tell you which perfect IVs you have if you have a pokemon with more than 3 perfect IVs? For example, would the IV Judge list ALL of the perfect IVs that your pokemon has or would he only list a maximum of 3?

For the Hatching O-Power, how many steps does it cut it down by? I understand there are different levels. Do any of you know how many steps per level?

Thank you!

EDIT: I just bred a female HP, Attack, Speed Bagon. I also have a male Special Attack Bagon. I should breed these two together, right? Should I have the male hold a Power Lens (to pass down Special Attack) or should I have it hold a Destiny Bond? Would there be a way to tell if I get the 4 perfect IVs?
This could go in the Simple Questions thread. However this is easy to answer,

Go to the WiFi section and ask for a 6iv Ditto. Plenty of users give them away for nothing. Don't breed that special attack Bagon, just use Everstone & Destiny Knot.

Someone may be willing to donate spitbacks.

But in any case, just keep reading threads here. Breeding is easy now and all of the information you need is here.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi itzjas0n and welcome to Smogon!

Like a0161613 said you should definitely check out a 6iv Ditto giveaway, you can find them here and here (make sure you read the instructions carefully). This makes breeding infinitely easier.

Yes, the IV judge will tell you each and every stat that's perfect, not just 3. To be precise, he lists the highest IV you have, so if you have more than one stat that are all the same then he would mention them (for example, if you had something with 4 / 10 / 30 / 24 / 0 / 30 he would say its 'best potential lies in it's defence and speed, it sure has some fantastic stats! It won't be able to take a hit with that special defence though' or something like that (as he also mentions IVs that are 0) ).

Hatching O-Power level 3 effectively halves the amount of steps needed as it has a x2 multiplier (as opposed to the x1.25 and x1.5 that level 1 and 2 give respectively). If you combine this with a Pokemon with the ability Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party then you will only have to walk a quarter of the steps you would normally!

Lastly, I'm not sure if you're doing it or not but I would recommend picking up a full party of eggs before going to hatch them as this increases you chances of hatching what you want. It surprises me how many people still pick up the one egg and hatch it before getting the next. That would take so long!

Anyway, I hope this all helped

edit: If Bagon is the first Pokemon you're trying to breed I would recommend something else to start with. The sheer number of steps needed for pseudo-legendaries to hatch can turn some newcomers away from breeding. Magikarp is a great place to start as it requires an extremely low number of steps to hatch (and will give you a good Gyarados in no time). Once you get the hang of it then you can move onto stuff like Bagon etc. that need a huge amount of steps (and therefor, time) to hatch

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Please use the thread in question when posting replies such as this. We also have the SQSA thread at the top of the forum for these sorts of questions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)