Breludicolo's VGC SJ Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
"There've been a lot of Pokemon using Flamethrower today!"
"Shut up, n00b!"

VGC went oddly well. I have no clue how the hell I did as well as I did.

my team:

Barring perfect Chandelure, my team has variable IVs. IIRC my Vanilluxe's are absolutely godawful too, lol

Amanita (Amoonguss) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA (I think) / 252 Def (oh dear god I never want to do this again)
Quiet
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Anna (Conkeldurr) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sheer Force (before anybody asks here, I did intend to do this. I don't like killing myself over a few turns)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 HP
Brave
- Hammer Arm
- Wide Guard
- Mach Punch
- Rock Slide

Orochi (Hydreigon) (M) @ Chople Berry (THANK YOU JIBAKU FOR THIS ITEM)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant
- Draco Meteor
- Crunch
- Rock Slide (90 accuracy whyyyyyyyy)
- Crunch

Lysa (Reuinclus) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet
- Psychic
- Focus Blast (I literally never had to use this lol)
- Protect
- Trick Room

Chandelure (M) @ Focus Sash (THANK YOU MUFFINHEAD FOR THIS POKEMON IN THE FIRST PLACE)
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest
- Heat Wave (90 acc whyyyyy)
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Trick Room

Bella (Vanilluxe) (F) @ Ice Gem (I have long known this is a bad item to give it but I don't know anything better that I can access in the first place)
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 255 HP / 255 SpA (I don't have any ev berries.. DAMN YOU STUNFIIIIIIIIISK)
Quiet
- Ice Beam
- Ice Shard
- Protect
- Water Pulse

Training started a few days before. I already had an Amoonguss bred but I needed a few others. This led to some of the most tedious play ever. Basically, I just gave up after Conkeldurr and just bred min speed on everything that needed it. For some reason, C-Gear does not function (I cannot quit out of it without restarting) when I start it from ingame (as opposed to the menu). I stepped on the same rake twice, causing me to lose both a bred Timburr and a bred Vanillite. At this point, I was badly running out of time, leading to my terribad Vanilluxe's worse EVs. In addition, I also gave my Reuniclus the wrong spread. It was supposed to have EVs that emulated at 252 HP/252 SpA Musharna (I.E. more bulk and less SpA), but this didn't matter much.

The day of the tournament started out with me having to train (as in level, not EV train) 2 pokemon: Vanilluxe and Hydreigon. Hydreigon was humorous to train - as a Zweilous, it so badly maims Caitlin that it's not even funny, lol. Vanilluxe (Vanillite then) trained against the rest of the Elite Four and then an Audino to level it to 50.

I put everything into the battle box and started out.

I arrived at around 12:00 and looked around for people I knew. Not finding any, I simply found a random group and sat with them. While I was a bit akward at first, I integrated pretty quickly. I was actually pretty surprised; somebody near me had a Larvesta for some reason. I had a few matches for practice; I lost the first but the others were wins against less-skilled opponents. As the line advanced, I realized an idiotic flaw that I had overlooked.

I had no charger.

As one DS began to go red (I had two in case such an event occurred.... yeah, I had two DSes but not a charger), I stopped doing practice battles and tried to borrow a charger for my lucky DS (which is the first DS I've ever had and has Rotom stickers from VGC 09 on it, lol), which had more of a charge than the other one. Thankfully, a lack of energy never played into any of the matches and my second DS never went into red.

I registered and went into the line for battles.

Things I remember
-Critting a Reuinclus with Chandelure Shadow Ball (would this have mattered?)
-Effect Spore Paralyzing a Haxorous... in turn 1 of trick room
-Opposing Effect Spore Poisoning my Hydreigon, which was a huge stroke of luck
-Rock Slide and Heat Wave missing numerous times and me still making it
-Flinch with Dark Pulse or Rock Slide against me (can't recall which)
-Fighting a guy from Arizona
-Getting battle timeout one time (but thankfully winnning due to a lucky wakeup)
-FUCK YOU LEFTOVERS AND BLACK SLUDGE GO FASTER I DON'T WANT ANOTHER TIME OUT
-Haxorous named "The Mold"
-I saw WildEep wearing a shirt with a Ferrothorn on it; I can't remember if this was after the first 3 matches or not.

After getting my matches done, there is an intermission period. I talk with, surprisingly, Metabou, and try to rest. Later, I go to the tables. I akwardly look for a seat across from somebody who doesn't look intimidating/is not wearing a Skarmbliss or Ducks shirt out of the belief that I have to fight the person that I sit across from. Of course, this is not the case. I end up at a table in the corner with a pretty interesting selection of people.

Huy, Duy, Zerowing, TheFourthChaser (at least I think it was him), and a person I knew from middle school (ShinyPachirisu, he said). Oh and metabou sat at the table to the right. I hope for a bye but do not get it.

I go into finals. Things I remember:

-"If I choose HYDREIGON, you'll choose CONKELDURR, right?" (among other similarly humorous greetings)
-Fighting a guy with pokemon named after prescription medicines
-A guy who I don't remember much but remember that the fastest battle I had was against him (I.E. also the most haxless, lol)

At this point, I get into top 16. I have no clue how this occurred, but it did, I guess. Unfortunately, the next match did not have a favorable outcome. This is where battle recorder comes in, so I actually remember the battle now!

I can't remember my opponent's other two pokemon, but here's what the battle recorder tells me:

Whimsicott/Terrakion/Thundurus/Landorus (I thiiiiink he also had Tornadus; sixth IDK)
I decide on Amoonguss/Conkeldurr/Chandelure/Vanilluxe.
Turn one:
Whimsicott uses Tailwind, Terrakion Protect, I Hammer Arm Whimsicott (I saw Terrakion Protect miles away; it is at 25%, roughly), and Amoonguss Rage Powders (I feared Beat Up).
Turn two:
Rage Powder with Amoonguss, Beat Up with Whimsicott, hits Amoonguss, Terrakion Rock Slides, Hammer Arm OHKOes Terrakion.
Turn three:
He switches in Landorus. I fear Fly, but don't fear it enough. Well, shit.
Whimsicott uses Taunt on Amoonguss, Conkeldurr uses Wide Guard (EQ), Landorus flies up high (FUUUUU) and I try Giga Drain, miss.
Turn four:
I switch Amoonguss to Vanilluxe (BIG NO-NO), use Mach Punch on Whimsicott (also a bad move), Whimsicott uses Helping Hand, Fly has Flying Gem, OHKOes Vanilluxe.
Turn five:
I switch in Chandelure, he switches in Thundurus. Conkeldurr uses Wide Guard, Thundurus uses Dark Pulse, Landorus uses Fly, Chandelure FLINCHED OUT OF TRICK ROOM.
Turn six:
Chandelure Protects, Thundurus Electric Gem hurts Conkeldurr, Fly finishes it off.
Turn 7:
I switch in Amoonguss; I use Anger Powder. Thundurus Dark Pulses Amoonguss, Landorus Earthquakes and KOes Chandelure, Amoonguss in red.
Turn 8:
Thundurus uses Hidden Power, KOes Amoonguss.

Yeah, that flinch was massively irritating but I'm still glad I got so damn far in the first place.

After, I ate for the first time since freaking 11:00 (it was 4:00 by then) and watched the remaining battles. My heart goes out to that guy who was apparently a "newcomer to VGC" and got triple protected against. Watched Zerowing win a very epic match, even against hax. Guy behind me at this point made fun of Nick a lot, lol (which led to the phrase that leads off this post). For some reason he really wanted to yell various obscenities. Other favorite Nick dialogue was:

*Player sends out Scrafty and Vanilluxe*
"These are some really common Pokemon!"

EDIT:

"Prankster is a move that allows your Pokemon to set up first, as long as it's not an attack!"

I had a great time at VGC, overall! Before I close, I'd like to thank Muffinhead and Jibaku. Both gave me something that was important - the latter gave me a Chople Berry (don't laugh at me, but I still can't use Dream World lol) and the former a Chandelure from his trade thread. Without these two things, I have doubts that I would have had as much success as I did. Thanks go out to the two of you!

Anyway... That's about it.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
YEAH CHANDELURE :D :D :D
grats on making top 16, good read :D
-I saw WildEep wearing a shirt with a Ferrothorn on it; I can't remember if this was after the first 3 matches or not.
lol

breh

強いだね
Nice job dude! I'm curious; how often did you use Vanilluxe, and how useful was it with an Ice Jewel and random IVs?
Vanilluxe is... odd, to say the least. Basicallly, although it's not brilliantly useful, I use it whenever I see a team with the kami trio all there. Vanilluxe can severly damage Landorus with Ice Shard and the others need ice beam (but cannot hit it super-effectively outside of gimmick moves). I don't choose it much, but it's far from useless.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Yup, that was me at that back table. I'm surprised there were any timeouts, things seemed pretty fast to me even games with multiple Protects. Good job on making T16 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)