1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bring back who's currently viewing forum and who last viewed a profile

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Tolan, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Before when Smogon went down in 2011 for pruning/cleaning up/whatever, you can view the people that were viewing a forum, and who viewed your profile last. However, afterwards, all one can view is who's on the Smogon forums, but not which specific forum unless one goes to their profile. I also liked the ability to see who has been stalking my profile.

Please consider bringing this back if possible.
  2. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The profile stalking thing was cool when it was back for around 3 hours (?) a few weeks ago. Always liked that feature.
  3. GARCHOMPZILLA

GARCHOMPZILLA

that happened to me too, is it a sign they're going to bring it back? maybe...
  4. TheMantyke

TheMantyke DISRESPECT YOUR SUPERIORS
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

I also thought the feature was kind of cool. If it isn't too hard to implement again, I'm all for this.
  5. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

i've heard that the feature is incredibly server-intensive, which is probably why it's disabled.
  6. GARCHOMPZILLA

GARCHOMPZILLA

How would it work with people who have hidden/private browsing on? I know some people here have that i think.
  7. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

No idea, but it's worked for several years on here (I presume), and it's still working on many other forums.
  8. Oglemi

Oglemi Die you bastards!
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

The reason it was taken down was because it sped up the forum when we were lagged down so much with the release of BW in Japan and then the U.S.

IDK if the function is really all that useful except for being a cool extra feature. I'm locking this topic for now since there's no discussion to take place, I or someone else will bring it up with one of the admins, probably mingot or Articuno64.
  9. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It was recently brought back temporarily, and, I assumed, disabled for the same reason it was before.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)