Bringing the pain! A uu team

Hey y'all, i got a new uu team going, and i think ive used it enough to put it up for review. It could use some help like any other team, thanks for any assistance!

Jolteon(Thunderfuzz) (M) @ ChoiceSpecs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power (Ice)
Since i don't really have a dedicated lead, Jolteon is usually thrown in to hit whatever they have hard. Modest is used to give him even more of an oomph, allowing him to pretty much dent whatever he feels like. Hidden power ice is used to give Jolteon that delicious Ice/Electric type combo, shadow ball further improves his coverage against ghosts and psychics. Jolteon serves as my "dent maker" of sorts, and my revenge killer on the special side of the spectrum.

Arcanine (Flame On!) (M) @ ChoiceBand
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Flare Blitz
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
Heres my second power hitter in my arsenal, Arcanine. Flash fire give me fire immunity, and arcanine, even with intimidate, cant really take hits to well with intimidate, and the boost to fire moves is hard to resist. The ev's and nature ensure Arcanine hits hard and fast, but i dont know if i should give him an adamant nature since he runs E-speed. Should i? His moves allow him good coverage and hard hitting, but at the cost of some nasty recoil from flare blitz and wild charge, making arcanine a sort of glass cannon. E-speed allows me to revenge well, and hit speedy attackers for some good damage to allow my other mons to finish it off. Should i replace Crunch for CloseCombat? I just dont like the defense drop from it, even though arcanine doesnt stay in long at all.

Honchkrow (BigCheese) (M) @ LifeOrb
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Brave Bird
- Sucker punch
- Pursuit
- SuperPower
Honchkrow is truly a boss. He goes in, does work, and gets shit done right. Life orb helps maximize his damage output, and Jolly nature puts a little boost to his pretty dismal speed. Bravebird is his primary form of attack, as well as sucker punch, giving him priority and a powerful attack. Pursuit smacks things trying to flee the Big Cheese's wrath, while superpower smacks anything fighting weak like a truck. Overall Honchkrow destroys anything in its wake, especially from help by his other teamates.

Togekiss(Aviator) (M) @Leftovers
Trait:Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 136Def / 120 SpDef
Calm
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
Togekiss is my team Cleric, spamming wishes and heal bells to keep my team nice and healthy. His ev's and nature allow great bulk, and allowing togekiss to pass off nice healthy wishes to other injured mons. Heal bell removes nasty statuses which would otherwise destroy my team. Thunderwave slows down other threatening mons and allows tons of air slash abuse, which is Togekiss's main form of attack.

Hitmontop(Dreidle) (M) @Leftovers
Trait:Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 HP
Impish
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
There is a huge weakness in my team, or at least half of it, that being stealth rock. Half of my team is SR weak, so i needed a spinner, and a good one at that. I also needed something to take damage from the physical spectrum as well, so i chose hitmontop, a great physical sponge and spinner. His ev's and nature give him great physical bulk, along with intimidate, if only he had solid recovery -.- Toxic allows him to hit ghosts that come in and try to block his rapid spin, and any other bulk pokemon that try to stall out hitmontop. Hi jump kick is a powerful attack and doesnt give the defense drop of Close Combat. Stone edge hits flying types well, and other rock weak pokemon as well. Should i switch out stone edge for payback, allowing me to slowly take down ghosts that would wall me, or sucker punch, allowing me to hit fast offensive psychics and ghosts for good damage. Overall my team would be nothing without hitmontop.

Empoleon(Eddy) (M) @Leftovers
Trait:Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpDef
Bold
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Ice Beam
Empoleon is my bulky water type, taking hits well and providing tons of resists. Ev's are for maximum bulk on both spectrums, allowing me to take hits like a boss with empoleons 11 resistances. Scald allows me to do decent damage and throw around burns, while ice beam provides coverage, should i use grass knot instead? Stealth rock provides entry hazards, and roar shuffles out pokes to rack up SR damage.

Well theres the team, any suggestions and changes would be greatly appreciated, this team could use some help. my main priority would be to get rid of some of my SR weak pokes, as half my team is weak to those darn pointy stones.

one thing id suggest is changing specs with life orb because dugtrio can easily come in and set up hone claws while u can do nothing until he kills you

Thanks, are there any pokemon that can really take Honchkrows place? I really dont like having so many SR weak pokes, especially considering how prevalent it is. Ive been thinking of trying out SD Absol, or mabye a scarfed one. Or something like Bisharp, Krokorok or Sharpedo. Ideas?

i agree with the specs--->life orb switch as not many things in UU outspeed jolteon even at modest it can still outspeed + nature 110 base all u gotta do it watch out for scarfed pokes

a hunkrow replacement...guts scarf heracross is a great late game sweeper to come in on the predicted statues move and megahorn or CC away and o yea it can also run moxie
BUT... if u wanna keep the the dark type thing going absol works good but i like bisharp better (sub...SD...sucker punch away) there is also krokodile,sharpedo, or even Durant are pretty good replacements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)