Brokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by based Joim

Hey Other Metagamers! It's me, simsims2800!
I was finally able to get a thread for my pet mod...
BROKEMONS

If it ain't broken, make it that way!

What is Brokemons, you ask? Brokemons is my pet project. I canceled it for a while because it wasn't getting any changes, but now I’m starting it anew because of XY’s additions, buffs, nerfs, and the like.

GOAL: To make every Pokemon broken in a way that actually ends up balancing the metagame. (If everything's broken, then nothing will be centralizing, everything will have a niche, and by extension nothing will be broken!) Will it ever be programmed? Maaaaaaybe. Is it fun to break things? Yes. Is it fun to speculate and theorymon about Brokemons? Of course!

THE BROKEMONS COUNCIL IS:
simsims2800
Jaguar360
SpartanMalice
Leafshield
OiawesomeDG
The Reptile
Adrian Marin
Ranger Mike

All of us made official changes, and every single change lays in a pastebin.
Pastebin hub
Mechanic, move, ability, and item changes
Kanto Pokemon changes
Johto Pokemon changes
Hoenn Pokemon changes
Sinnoh Pokemon changes
Unova Pokemon changes
Kalos Pokemon changes

There is also a set database. Please fill in sets using the examples of the already-done sets.

It's not implemeted yet, unfortunately. I need a coder (cough OiawesomeDG TalkTakesTime Piccolo Daimao cough) that can code it.

However, you guys are free to discuss sets, threats, and other things like that!

There will be a Brokemons meta once it gets coded as well.
RULES OF THE BROKEMONS META
  1. The banlist is the standard OU banlist, unless the Pokemon is listed on a pastebin.
  2. Sleep, OHKO, Species, Evasion and Moody Clause are all in effect.
  3. That's about it.

Last edited:
The amazing thing about this meta is that the threat list is the entire list of pokemon making it very diverse, there are still some mons that we can break more but thats all up to you in the end simsims, bottomline this will be fun to play.

The mechanic changes are interesting, I really like the confusion nerf to 30%, that would allow it to still be useable but not nearly as effective as a hax strategy. Without fully paralyzed, this makes being paralyzed considerably better, even though the speed is less, but 1/4 speed compared to lagging tail speed isn't a huge difference. If there was some para-orb item it would be strong. I have a suggestion for fully paralyzed, a Pokemon that is fully paralyzed loses it's Flying type, as a bird that is paralyzed shouldn't be able to fly. Ice deserves that special defense buff, just like sand. Frozen seems a lot like sleep now, unless sleep has changed.

One thing I like about this is that nearly every pokemon has at least two great abilities to choose from. Do I want to choose regenerator avalugg or unaware avalugg? I just like having that choice. very few pokemon in the normal version you can do that with

ok shed aside who do you guys think are the biggest threats to the meta even though everything is a threat some things have to shine above the rest.

Shedinja is actually illegal. Wonder Guard now removes recoil, so a Shedinja vs Shedinja battle would just Struggle forever, banning it under Endless Battle Clause.

Side note: Are all Hidden Abilities released?

canno

formerly The Reptile
Yes. Also, whose idea was it to put Sturdy Sheddy? Jaguar360, The Reptile, I'm looking at you two.
I don't see the problem :] By the way, get on the pad. I'm lonely ;_;

Shedinja is actually illegal. Wonder Guard now removes recoil, so a Shedinja vs Shedinja battle would just Struggle forever, banning it under Endless Battle Clause.

Side note: Are all Hidden Abilities released?
I guess it's possible if Shedinja doesn't have a Ghost-type move. Plus, we can always make it so Struggle bypasses Wonder Guard.

sorry for double but can someone explain why everyone and their mother is getting submission? According to the pastebin it didn't get buffed.

canno

formerly The Reptile
sorry for double but can someone explain why everyone and their mother is getting submission? According to the pastebin it didn't get buffed.
Because Submission had like no distribution after Gen 1 and it's one of the easier Fighting moves to give flavor-wise. It also gives some mons mediocre fighting coverage. Also the spread of Submission is mainly my fault :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)