1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bronzong [QC 2/3]

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Pkn range6, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Pkn range6

Pkn range6

Ok ill change it later I'm at work atm. I used serebii when I first started this analysis plus never used magic coat on bronzong cause there are better moves to use on it. Though thanks for pointing that out.
  2. Pkn range6

Pkn range6

Sorry it took so long, but this should be ready for final QC check.
  3. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I won't mince words; Your set comments lack substance and there is a serious gap in quality between this analysis, and the original one. There is a reliance on stating the obvious (ie in the opening paragraph, you tell the play to use levitate because it avoids ground attacks--everyone should know what levitate does) and fluffy writing (Why write "With Bronzong base 33 Speed and combined with its base 89 Attack Gyro Ball can 2HKO Choice Scarf Pokemon such as Flygon, Krookodile, and Heracross" when just saying that Gyro Ball allows Bronzong to 2HKO these threats is enough) There's just too much of a disparity in quality between your revamp and the original analysis.

Compare:
    to
    You unfortunately have a weaker understanding of Bronzong in UU overall. As it stands this analysis is inferior to onsite analysis, and I won't approve it until I see a serious improvement.

Here's my original post (open)
    To start, the overview needs a few touch ups.

I would not classify Rhyperior as an all-out-attacker (it's usually seen as a tank), and there's little point to mentioning Ambipom in the overview when
    a)it isn't an important threat to cover in the UU metagame b) it's typically outclassed by Cincinno offensively c) it just doesn't sound impressive. There's little point to mentioning it's low base HP stat. (we do not harp on Skarmory's low HP in OU) That last sentence is unnecessary; it doesn't help to player to mention other Steel types, and none of them "compete" with Bronzong in UU (they're generally used for different purposes). You should carefully look at the original overview and find ways to improve on it.
  4. Pkn range6

Pkn range6

Ok I'll work on making the quality of this analysis better. "Heat Proof may seem tempting but it’s generally inferior to Leviate, since it allows Bronzong to be immune to Ground-type moves and avoid Spike damage. Heavy Metal should never be used since Bronzong's other abilities give it more defensive utility. Light Clay is a mandatory item for Bronzong since it allows Reflect or Light Screen to stay up an extra three turn which can be crucial in some situations". Would this stuff be considered fluffy writing?
  5. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Heat Proof: You should explain why Heat Proof would seem tempting (lowered damage from Fire Attacks) but end by saying that it's not worth passing up Levitate.

Heavy Metal: Should be mentioned in Other Options. It's really bad.

Light Clay: That's fine.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)