Bronzong [QC 2/3]

It does not.Serebii made a mistake.check this

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magic_Coat_(move)

plus,it isnt in bronzong's moveset in PO or PS.
Ok ill change it later I'm at work atm. I used serebii when I first started this analysis plus never used magic coat on bronzong cause there are better moves to use on it. Though thanks for pointing that out.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I won't mince words; Your set comments lack substance and there is a serious gap in quality between this analysis, and the original one. There is a reliance on stating the obvious (ie in the opening paragraph, you tell the play to use levitate because it avoids ground attacks--everyone should know what levitate does) and fluffy writing (Why write "With Bronzong base 33 Speed and combined with its base 89 Attack Gyro Ball can 2HKO Choice Scarf Pokemon such as Flygon, Krookodile, and Heracross" when just saying that Gyro Ball allows Bronzong to 2HKO these threats is enough) There's just too much of a disparity in quality between your revamp and the original analysis.

Compare:
new said:
[Checks and Counters]
<p>Even though Bronzong’s sheer bulk it is still easy to check, as Fire-types such as Chandelure, Rotom-H, and Arcanine can OHKO it with their STABs. Choice users such as Heracross, Kingdra, and Zapdos can 2HKO Bronzong since it doesn’t have reliable recovery. Magneton's with Magnet Rise can trap and set up with Charge Beam or Substitute, as it is immune to Toxic and Earthquake (thanks to Magnet Rise), also taking little to nothing from Gyro Ball. Xatu’s Magic Bounce bounces back Stealth Rock and Toxic, although Bronzong fortunately can’t be poisoned. Additionally, specially defensive Xatu only takes 35-42% from Gyro Ball while being immune to Earthquake, thus making it one of the best counters. Support Mew and Sableye fall under the same boat with Xatu since they can Taunt Bronzong making it unable to set up Stealth Rock or use Toxic. Finally, Mew and Sableye can Will-O-Wisp Bronzong rendering it useless though the former two must be cautious of switching in on a Toxic.</p>
to
original said:
Bronzong's main job is to set up, so Pokemon that can prevent this are generally its best counters. Fire-type Pokemon, such as Victini, Chandelure, Arcanine, and Rotom-H, are the biggest threats, as they can all OHKO Bronzong with a STAB attack. Xatu can reflect entry hazards or status, but it cannot do much to Bronzong apart from wearing it down with a combination of Night Shade and Roost. Mew can either prevent Bronzong from setting up by using Taunt or cripple Bronzong with Will-O-Wisp. Nasty Plot Mew can also set up on Bronzong or Baton Pass its boosts to something like Chandelure. Although quite rare, Magnet Rise Magneton can easily shut down Bronzong provided that it does not switch into Earthquake. Without Toxic, Bronzong has a hard time breaking through bulky Water-types, who can tank most of its hits and eventually burn it with Scald.
You unfortunately have a weaker understanding of Bronzong in UU overall. As it stands this analysis is inferior to onsite analysis, and I won't approve it until I see a serious improvement.

To start, the overview needs a few touch ups.

<p>Thanks to Bronzong’s outstanding base 116 Defense and Special Defense stats, combined with its unique typing in the tier giving it 8 resistances and two immunities (assuming that your using Levitate) makes Bronzong an impressive tank. Next, Bronzong has a handful of support moves such as Stealth Rock, Hypnosis, and Gravity. On the other hand, Bronzong is one of the best counter to all-out-attackers such as Ambipom, Flygon, and Rhyperior resisting all their STABs while dealing heavy damage with Gyro Ball and Earthquake. Unfortunately, Bronzong has a hindering base 67 HP making it worn down by multiple attacks since it lacks reliable recovery. Bronzong still faces some competition from other Steel-types, however, including, Empoleon, Coballion, and Registeel. Nonetheless, Bronzong is an astounding wall and can aid your team with proper support.</p>
I would not classify Rhyperior as an all-out-attacker (it's usually seen as a tank), and there's little point to mentioning Ambipom in the overview when
a)it isn't an important threat to cover in the UU metagame b) it's typically outclassed by Cincinno offensively c) it just doesn't sound impressive. There's little point to mentioning it's low base HP stat. (we do not harp on Skarmory's low HP in OU) That last sentence is unnecessary; it doesn't help to player to mention other Steel types, and none of them "compete" with Bronzong in UU (they're generally used for different purposes). You should carefully look at the original overview and find ways to improve on it.

Ok I'll work on making the quality of this analysis better. "Heat Proof may seem tempting but it’s generally inferior to Leviate, since it allows Bronzong to be immune to Ground-type moves and avoid Spike damage. Heavy Metal should never be used since Bronzong's other abilities give it more defensive utility. Light Clay is a mandatory item for Bronzong since it allows Reflect or Light Screen to stay up an extra three turn which can be crucial in some situations". Would this stuff be considered fluffy writing?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ok I'll work on making the quality of this analysis better. "Heat Proof may seem tempting but it’s generally inferior to Leviate, since it allows Bronzong to be immune to Ground-type moves and avoid Spike damage. Heavy Metal should never be used since Bronzong's other abilities give it more defensive utility. Light Clay is a mandatory item for Bronzong since it allows Reflect or Light Screen to stay up an extra three turn which can be crucial in some situations". Would this stuff be considered fluffy writing?
Heat Proof: You should explain why Heat Proof would seem tempting (lowered damage from Fire Attacks) but end by saying that it's not worth passing up Levitate.

Heavy Metal: Should be mentioned in Other Options. It's really bad.

Light Clay: That's fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)