Bronzor

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

• Has a lot of utility in walling top-tier threats such as Jynx and Kangaskhan thanks to a really good defensive typing in Steel/Psychic.
  • A great defensive ability in Levitate negates its weakness to Ground-type attacks, giving it an edge over its main competition in Metang.
  • Reliant on Eviolite to be useful.

[SET]
name: Physical Wall
move 1: Psywave
move 2: Stealth Rock/Toxic
move 3: Rest
move 4: Sleep Talk
item: Eviolite
ability: Levitate
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Psywave functions like a psuedo-Seismic Toss. The move makes up for Bronzor's paltry offensive stats and also bypasses Psychic resistances.
  • Bronzor is a reliable user of Stealth Rock thanks to its bulk and typing. Reliably walling most Rapid Spin and Defog users is also a boon in its favor.
  • However, if your team already has a Stealth Rock user, Toxic can be utilized in its place.
  • A combination of Rest and Sleep Talk somewhat remedies Bronzor's lack of reliable recovery, and can also heal off status ailments such as paralysis and burns.

Set Details
========

• The spread and Nature used maximize Bronzor's physical bulk.
  • Levitate is Bronzor's main niche and gives it an immunity to Ground-type attacks, making it a good switch-in to Pokemon such as Steelix.
  • Eviolite makes Bronzor surprisingly bulky, being able to, for instance, survive a 3HKO from Choice Band Aggron.

Usage Tips
========

• Bronzor is best utilized on defensive and balanced teams for its vast amount of utility that it brings to the table.
  • It is best to send Bronzor in on physical attackers. However, some such as Tauros may have the chance of carrying moves that beat it.

Team Options
========

• Thick Fat Hariyama is a particularly good partner for Bronzor as it handles Dark- and Fire- types with ease.
  • On more defensive teams, Mega Audino can absorb Knock Off and pass off Wishes, and in exchange, Bronzor takes care of Poison-types. However, both Pokemon share a striking weakness to Fire-types.
  • Mantine takes care of a lot of special attackers for Bronzor, particularly Fire-types, and can use Defog to get rid of entry hazards.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
  • Very much a one-trick pony.
  • A specially defensive spread can wall Pokemon such as Lilligant without Hidden Power Fire but has no practical use outside of that.
  • Skill Swap can be used to utilize Stealth Rock on Xatu, but its very gimmicky and isn't recommended.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Getting rid of its Eviolite**: Bronzor's bulk comes from Eviolite, and with it removed, it becomes much easier to handle. In particular, Knock Off possesses the ability to super effectively hit Bronzor for a lot of damage.

**Taunt/Encore**: Pokemon that use Taunt or Encore such as Skuntank, Mismagius, or Liepard can use said moves to nullify Bronzor into being a sitting duck. It doesn't help that a lot of the Pokemon in NU that use either move happen to be immune to Psychic, making Psywave practically useless against them.

**Super-Effective Special Attacks**: Thanks to its weaker Special Defense when compared to its regular Defense, Pokemon such as Pyroar, Rotom, and Mixed Skuntank can easily take advantage of this and deal a lot of damage.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry that I wasn't clear saying "I'd prefer you not take the analysis", but just finding the set does not entitle you to taking the analysis without approval after I essentially said no. I said I want you to have experience using the Pokemon, not browsing the forums and just finding the set. Locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)