Broth of Unowns! Flamestrike v ToastTyrant

Maintained at the end of the round isn't the same as permanent. He needs to use another +1 move by the end of next round to keep the boost. Anyway, what should have been an easy win for me has now been mostly squandered, ugh. Staravia obviously comes out to try to salvage something (don't forget Intimidate!)

Brave Bird -> Wing Attack -> Brave Bird
If he uses Swagger A1 use Fly A1 and Brave Bird A2

Alrighty SWAG, let's try to knock that silly bird down to size!

Ice Punch -> Thunder Punch + Ice Punch comboe -> cool down and probably die

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
DAT said:
Moxie:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Raptorstrike (M)
HP: 90
En: 100
3 / 2 / 1 / 3 / 80
Intimidate

SWAG (M)
HP: 34
En: 32
4 / 3 / 1 / 3 / 48
Shed Skin + Moxie
+1 Atk (PERM)

BEGIN ROUND EIGHT

Raptorstrike is sent in to replace Gatorstrike; let's see how SWAG fares against his new opponent!

Raptorstrike begins the round by swooping down recklessly and ramming straight into SWAG, dealing an inordinate amount of damage. SWAG retaliates with another punch, this time augmented with the power of chilling frost behind it. Raptorstrike winces at the punch but goes for a second attack, knocking SWAG out.

END ROUND EIGHT

Raptorstrike (M)
HP: 65
En: 90
3 / 2 / 1 / 3 / 80
Intimidate

SWAG (M)
HP: KO
En: 26
4 / 3 / 1 / 3 / 48
Shed Skin + Moxie

UNOWNS USED: C D E M P Q S T

Toast, Toast, Flame

EDIT: If that's the case, the wording needs to be revised. "at the end of each round" means exactly what it's written as: the boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Posting out of order to explain that doesn't mean permanent. It means that that stat doesn't decay at the end of that round. The next round if another +1 move is used the stat still will not decay; otherwise it will decay as normal. Feel free to ask Deck about this.

Not that it matters anymore, but more people need to understand how these things work.

EDIT: IIRC Rising_Dusk fixed the wording in the stat boosting page, but I guess it was never extended to the abilities. I do agree though that the way it's currently worded is rather poor.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus

Raptorstrike (M)
HP: 65
En: 90
3 / 2 / 1 / 3 / 80
Intimidate

Kayoken (F)
HP: 90
En: 100
3 / 2 / 3 / 1 / 60
Steadfast + Inner Focus

BEGIN ROUND NINE

Raptorstrike doesn't even look at his new opponent, flying high up into the air while dodging Kayoken's attack. Raptorstrike swoops down after the attack misses, dealing a large amount of damage. Raptorstrike roosts onto the ground and restores some health while taking trivial damage from a barrage of rocks. Raptorstrike flies up and attacks again, avoiding Kayoken's attack just like the first action.

END ROUND NINE

Raptorstrike (M)
HP: 75
En: 59
3 / 2 / 1 / 3 / 80
Intimidate

Kayoken (F)
HP: 50
En: 88
3 / 2 / 3 / 1 / 60
Steadfast + Inner Focus

Let's finish this!

Brave Bird -> Fly -> Brave Bird
If he uses Counter and Unown B is not used replace your action with Unown Bulk Up and push actions back

Well we could at least try this out!

Force Palm -> Unown Bounce -> Vacuum Wave

(since he's faster, he should come down from Fly before I come down from Bounce, so I should evade the hit, then hit him.)

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus

Raptorstrike (M)
HP: 75
En: 59
3 / 2 / 1 / 3 / 80
Intimidate

Kayoken (F)
HP: 50
En: 88
3 / 2 / 3 / 1 / 60
Steadfast + Inner Focus

BEGIN ROUND TEN

Gonna do a barebones reffing for this one since I have no time.

Raptorstrike's Brave Bird: 25 damage, 8 recoil, -7 energy
Kayoken's Force Palm: 11 damage, -3 energy

Raptorstrike's Fly: Missed, -10 energy
Kayoken's Bounce: 14 damage, -9 energy

Raptorstrike's Brave Bird: 25 damage, 8 recoil, -7 energy
Kayoken was knocked out!

END ROUND TEN

Raptorstrike (M)
HP: 35
En: 35
3 / 2 / 1 / 3 / 80
Intimidate

Kayoken (F)
HP: KO
En: 76
3 / 2 / 3 / 1 / 60
Steadfast + Inner Focus

Flamestrike wins!

Each trainer gets 2 TC.
Each Pokemon gets 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC.

Tourmali, SWAG, and Gatorstrike get 1 KOC.
Raptorstrike gets 2 KOC.

I get 6 RC.

GG Toast, you did pretty well given the team disadvantage. Shouldn't have taken the bait when I sent out Charmeleon though and saved your Rebble for Staravia. Still, great game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)