BSS Teambuilding & Help Thread (SuMo Edition Reloaded 2.0)

I am working on a doubles trick room team for battle spot, I have a modest dramp with it missing it's speed iv, what kind of ev spread should I use?
I was thinking
Drampa Leftovers
Ability: berserk
- dragon pulse
- roost
- hyper voice
- extrasensory

Also what would be some good pokes to use with drampa or just ideas for team members?
if you can breed for a Quiet nature it would be better obviously, but even with a Modest one i guess that drampa is slow enough to still work in Trick Room with it (opposing Drampas could become a problem though).

About the move set, i'd use Hyper Voice / Flamethrower / Draco Meteor and Protect, with a Life Orb as its Item.

As for the partners, you would obviously need a TR setter. A great one, that could make Drampa's Hyper Voice even more threatening is Oranguru with its move Instruct, that would make Hyper Voice hit twice. Then you can add the standard Torkoal / Tapu Bulu core and two mons that could give you options even outside the trick room.
For example Lilligant, helping your slow mons to hit faster with its super fast After You under the Sun, or hard hitting and fast pokemon such as Mega Salamence and Tapu Koko.

Need help picking picking the last two members folks.

Suicune(Rocky Helmet)
Ability: Pressure
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Rest

Tapu Koko(Choice Scarf)
Ability : Electric Surge
Level : 50
EVs : 252 spA / 252 spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Dazzling Gleam
-Hp Ice

Volcarona(Firium Z)
Ability : Flame Body
EVs : 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast
-Bug Buzz
-Hp Ground
-Quiver Dance

Venusaur(Venusaurite)
Ability : Chlorophyll
EVs : 252 spA / 252 Hp / 4 Spe
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Hp Fire
-Synthesis

I was thinking of adding Excadrill as the fifth member but not sure yet. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Need help picking picking the last two members folks.

Suicune(Rocky Helmet)
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Rest

Tapu Koko(Choice Scarf)
Ability : Electric Surge
Level : 50
EVs : 252 spA / 252 spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Dazzling Gleam
-Hp Ice

Volcarona(Firium Z)
Ability : Flame Body
EVs : 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast
-Bug Buzz
-Hp Ground
-Quiver Dance

Venusaur(Venusaurite)
Ability : Chlorophyll
EVs : 252 spA / 252 Hp / 4 Spe
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Hp Fire
-Synthesis

I was thinking of adding Excadrill as the fifth member but not sure yet. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)
Hydreigon and Aegislash should fit in your team, covering the typings you need to resist.
@ Choice Specs / Expert Belt / Darkinium-Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs : 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power / Fire Blast
- Fire Blast / Flash Cannon / U-Turn
@ Weakness Policy / Life Orb / Ghostium-Z
Ability : Stance Change
EVs : 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak / Sacred Sword / Toxic
- King's Shield / Sacred Sword

Also, i would use a bulkier spread on MVenu, since it's a defensive pokemon and not really an Offensive one. Put those EVs from SpA to Defense (mostly) and some in SpD if you want, change the nature to Bold and add Leech Seed over one of the offensive moves.

Okay.... I'm new here. So my team is likely gonna look like crap. But, I want to know what exactly to change with it.

Pheromosa
Item: Focus sash
Nature: Naive.
EVs: Attack: 252 Speed: 252 Special Attack: 4
U-Turn
High Jump Kick
Ice Beam
Poison Jab

Tapu Lele
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Modest.
EVs: HP: 4 Special Attack: 252 Speed: 252
Focus Blast
Psychic
Moon Blast
Shadow Ball

Garchomp (Shiny I hatched back in the X/Y days.)
Item: Choice Scarf
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Outrage

Mega Charizard X (As dumb as this sounds, I'm kind of sentimental with this Charizard.... I had her since X/Y.)
Nature: Jolly.
EVs: HP: 4 Attack: 252 Speed: 252
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Flare Blitz
Earthquake

Tapu Fini
Item: Sitrus Berry
Nature: Bold.
EVs: HP: 244 Defense: 252 Speed: 12
Calm Mind
Surf
Moon Blast
Taunt

Celesteela
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Sassy.
EVs: HP: 252.... Um... I can't 100% remember the rest, I got it from a move set someone made when the game was just released. But, it's got a mix of Special Defense, and Defense. (I'm so sorry if I sound like an imbecile right now....)
Protect
Leech Seed
Flamethrower
Heavy Slam

If anyone can help me build a team with at the least my Garchomp, and Megazard X. That would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who took the time to read this.... Thank you. And I'm sorry if I come off as a n00b.

Hello fellow pokemon lovers,

I have tried to build my first team and tested it (pokemon showdown before I start building it in my game) however, I feel like it still needs huge modifications. I only have Pokemon Moon and Pokemon X (no longer have my savefile) so I don't have access to some pokemon or can't teach them some skills. Also, there are pokemon I don't plan to use since I can't be sure to obtain one with an interesting nature (evolution via trade or some legendaries captured only because I try to complete the pokedex).

Here's my team:

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb

My first pick was Pheromosa alongside Rotom-w (only have a Jolly Pheromosa) and build around those two. For now, I choosed to follow builds found on smogon and changed depending on what I experienced in battles.
I choosed Tapu Fini for Defog and Taunt, though I hesitated with Mandibuzz. Tapu Fini seemed to be hard to kill in one hit without the attacker being boosted.
Magnezone helped me deal with some threats like Steel-types (met multiple Kartanas and Scizors) and Fairy-types (Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko for examples).
The first reason to take Talonflame was to deal with bulky Grass-type, having a second option against most Steel-types and Fairy-type and generally do heavy damage.
Garchomp was last choosen to help deal with some Electric-types and Fire-types. Not sure it was the best choice has I can't teach him stealth rock.

I think I lack at least three things:
Entry hazard (with only Pokemon moon and Pokemon X, my options seem really limited)
Grass attacks
A plan against ghosts

I am not new to pokemon however, I mainly played against the IA.

Last edited:
Okay.... I'm new here. So my team is likely gonna look like crap. But, I want to know what exactly to change with it.
Is it for Singles or Doubles?

Depending on that factor, I think it will be easier to give you advices.

For example: Tapu Lele Modest with Choice Specs isn't very good in singles, you could go with a Modest Scarf or a Timid Specs. This way he's able to outspeed many more threats and do more or less the same damage than Modest/Specs (outspeeding = having to rely on 2 attacks instead of one).

Another example: in doubles Garchomp is far better with Rock Slide (if you want to use him with Scarf) to do chip damage and fish for some flinches.

Generally, I'd try to find a slot for a Z-Move: in this case Garchomp is a very good Earth-Z user. Then I'd try to slot in another special attacker, or change Tapu Fini's EVs to give him more aggressivity (so big investment in HP, somein SpA, and last ones in Defenses).
You got many physical attackers and you are relying on Tapu Lele as your special aggressor of choice.

Other than that, the team seems balanced on the team planner (weaknesses/resists/immunities), have you already tried it against some opponents?

Is it for Singles or Doubles?

Depending on that factor, I think it will be easier to give you advices.

For example: Tapu Lele Modest with Choice Specs isn't very good in singles, you could go with a Modest Scarf or a Timid Specs. This way he's able to outspeed many more threats and do more or less the same damage than Modest/Specs (outspeeding = having to rely on 2 attacks instead of one).

Another example: in doubles Garchomp is far better with Rock Slide (if you want to use him with Scarf) to do chip damage and fish for some flinches.

Generally, I'd try to find a slot for a Z-Move: in this case Garchomp is a very good Earth-Z user. Then I'd try to slot in another special attacker, or change Tapu Fini's EVs to give him more aggressivity (so big investment in HP, somein SpA, and last ones in Defenses).
You got many physical attackers and you are relying on Tapu Lele as your special aggressor of choice.

Other than that, the team seems balanced on the team planner (weaknesses/resists/immunities), have you already tried it against some opponents?
The team is for Singles. The reason I have Tapu Lele is to put a stop to priority users. Since my Garchomp, and Pheromosa both really don't like priority moves. (Like Mamoswine's Ice Shard.)

The reason I have Tapu Fini on my team is to... well, TRY and stop Blaziken. My team was really struggling against it.

At one point, my team had Porygon-Z, Porygon2, and Mimikyu at different times.... Sometimes Mimikyu was pretty good. But it wasn't exactly a counter to Blaziken.... Porygon-Z... well, it was hit or miss. Sometimes it could completely sweep my enemies. And at other times, it was a bit of a deadweight.

But, either way.... Thanks for the input. I guess I could try a Z-Move with my Garchomp. Even if I did build her with Choice Scarf in mind.

If Blaziken is a problem, why aren't you running Scarf on Tapu Lele?

Some calcs (Timid Lele against Life Orb Blaziken):
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Blaziken: 204-242 (131.6 - 156.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Blaziken in Psychic Terrain: 306-362 (197.4 - 233.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 164 HP / 92 Def Tapu Lele: 156-185 (93.9 - 111.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

You just destroy him, but he's normally faster. That's why you should run Choice Scarf on Lele, to get the first hit in! :)

Garchomp with Earth-Z in the Singles metagame can easily be run with your set (just change some moves). Naive nature isn't that good as it lowers SpD (good for Focus Sash Garchomp), as Jolly is preferred, but I don't think you will get to resist many damaging special attacks anyway.

Earthquake, Protect, Poison Jab and Outrage/Dragon Claw could be a nice set to run on him with Earth-Z, or Swords Dance in place of Poison Jab if you feel confident enough to set up against some pokemons.

Other than that, I'd find some place for some electric or grass moves in the team, to kill some flying/water threatening pokemons: Tapu Lele can easily run both Energy Ball and Thunderbolt in case!

:)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Pheromosa
Item: Focus sash
U-Turn
High Jump Kick
Ice Beam
Poison Jab

Tapu Lele
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Modest.
Focus Blast
Psychic
Moon Blast
Shadow Ball

Garchomp (Shiny I hatched back in the X/Y days.)
Item: Choice Scarf
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Outrage

Mega Charizard X (As dumb as this sounds, I'm kind of sentimental with this Charizard.... I had her since X/Y.)
EVs: HP: 4 Attack: 252 Speed: 252
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Flare Blitz
Earthquake

Tapu Fini
Item: Sitrus Berry
EVs: HP: 244 Defense: 252 Speed: 12
Calm Mind
Surf
Moon Blast
Taunt

Celesteela
Nature: Sassy.
EVs: HP: 252.... Um... I can't 100% remember the rest, I got it from a move set someone made when the game was just released. But, it's got a mix of Special Defense, and Defense. (I'm so sorry if I sound like an imbecile right now....)
Protect
Leech Seed
Flamethrower
Heavy Slam

If anyone can help me build a team with at the least my Garchomp, and Megazard X. That would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who took the time to read this.... Thank you. And I'm sorry if I come off as a n00b.
I don't like naive Pheromosa as the speed boosts don't really help and the added speed of the nature doesn't really outspeed anything relevant anyway, so if you can use a Naughty one that would be best. I also really like Focus Sash instead of Life Orb here since you don't really have any answers for set up sweepers that get a few boosts under their belt, Sash lets you at least revenge them and if Psychic Terrain is active then you won't even get picked off at 1HP.

Charizard X is great in this meta, however Dragon Dance sets want Outrage over Dragon Claw. If you really want Dragon Claw for "reliability" or whatever then you can try a Swords Dance set with Flame Charge over Flare Blitz or Earthquake.

That Fini set looks fine but I personally prefer Z-Refresh over Taunt / Sitrus Berry. Taunt is cool on Fini but doesn't really work on the Calm Mind set. You shouldn't have 252 speed on a bold set though, through them in HP instead.

The team overall actually looks pretty good! You seem to have basically all the relevant threats covered, except maybe Mimikyu but that can be played around against (break its disguise then revenge KO with Tapu Lele for example). You've done a pretty good job for a beginner!

If Blaziken is a problem, why aren't you running Scarf on Tapu Lele?

Some calcs (Timid Lele against Life Orb Blaziken):
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Blaziken: 204-242 (131.6 - 156.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Blaziken in Psychic Terrain: 306-362 (197.4 - 233.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 164 HP / 92 Def Tapu Lele: 156-185 (93.9 - 111.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

You just destroy him, but he's normally faster. That's why you should run Choice Scarf on Lele, to get the first hit in! :)

Garchomp with Earth-Z in the Singles metagame can easily be run with your set (just change some moves). Naive nature isn't that good as it lowers SpD (good for Focus Sash Garchomp), as Jolly is preferred, but I don't think you will get to resist many damaging special attacks anyway.

Earthquake, Protect, Poison Jab and Outrage/Dragon Claw could be a nice set to run on him with Earth-Z, or Swords Dance in place of Poison Jab if you feel confident enough to set up against some pokemons.

Other than that, I'd find some place for some electric or grass moves in the team, to kill some flying/water threatening pokemons: Tapu Lele can easily run both Energy Ball and Thunderbolt in case!

:)
They already said the team was for singles, please stop with the doubles advice as it will confuse them.

Hello fellow pokemon lovers,

I have tried to build my first team and tested it (pokemon showdown before I start building it in my game) however, I feel like it still needs huge modifications. I only have Pokemon Moon and Pokemon X (no longer have my savefile) so I don't have access to some pokemon or can't teach them some skills. Also, there are pokemon I don't plan to use since I can't be sure to obtain one with an interesting nature (evolution via trade or some legendaries captured only because I try to complete the pokedex).

Here's my team:

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb

My first pick was Pheromosa alongside Rotom-w (only have a Jolly Pheromosa) and build around those two. For now, I choosed to follow builds found on smogon and changed depending on what I experienced in battles.
I choosed Tapu Fini for Defog and Taunt, though I hesitated with Mandibuzz. Tapu Fini seemed to be hard to kill in one hit without the attacker being boosted.
Magnezone helped me deal with some threats like Steel-types (met multiple Kartanas and Scizors) and Fairy-types (Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko for examples).
The first reason to take Talonflame was to deal with bulky Grass-type, having a second option against most Steel-types and Fairy-type and generally do heavy damage.
Garchomp was last choosen to help deal with some Electric-types and Fire-types. Not sure it was the best choice has I can't teach him stealth rock.

I think I lack at least three things:
Entry hazard (with only Pokemon moon and Pokemon X, my options seem really limited)
Grass attacks
A plan against ghosts

I am not new to pokemon however, I mainly played against the IA.
Jolly Phero actually isn't the worst thing ever if you're only running Ice Beam since it still OHKOes all the 4x weak mons you need it for. If you can get your hands on a Naughty one that'd be better but no need to worry too much.

I'm not really sold on defensive Rotom-W this gen, Talonflame isn't a thing anymore and Mega Salamence has better checks. Also having two Water-types as the defensive backbone of your team puts a lot of pressure on Garchomp and Magnezone. Using Porygon2 here is probably better.

The Tapu Fini OU set doesn't work here so you'll want to change it. The spread isn't strictly bad but it's inefficient in battle spot due to it being played at level 50 whereas OU spreads are tailored to level 100. If you use physically defensive Porygon2 then I would recommend going full specially defensive on Fini, swap Lefties for either Sitrus or Tapunium Z, and swap Defog for Surf/Hydro Pump/Brine since hazard control is not needed/used here (spending one turn doing that in 3v3 gives your opponent an opportunity to win).

Talonflame kinda sucks now, I would swap it for Mega Charizard X or Y or Volcarona or almost any other Fire-type lol.

Jolly Phero actually isn't the worst thing ever if you're only running Ice Beam since it still OHKOes all the 4x weak mons you need it for. If you can get your hands on a Naughty one that'd be better but no need to worry too much.

I'm not really sold on defensive Rotom-W this gen, Talonflame isn't a thing anymore and Mega Salamence has better checks. Also having two Water-types as the defensive backbone of your team puts a lot of pressure on Garchomp and Magnezone. Using Porygon2 here is probably better.

The Tapu Fini OU set doesn't work here so you'll want to change it. The spread isn't strictly bad but it's inefficient in battle spot due to it being played at level 50 whereas OU spreads are tailored to level 100. If you use physically defensive Porygon2 then I would recommend going full specially defensive on Fini, swap Lefties for either Sitrus or Tapunium Z, and swap Defog for Surf/Hydro Pump/Brine since hazard control is not needed/used here (spending one turn doing that in 3v3 gives your opponent an opportunity to win).

Talonflame kinda sucks now, I would swap it for Mega Charizard X or Y or Volcarona or almost any other Fire-type lol.
Thanks for the advice.
I though of using a water move with Tapu Fini but Surf or Scald (I don't really trust skills with low accuracy), I barely used Defog anyway. As Porygon evolve into Porygon2 via trade, I can't be sure I will have a good nature with him.
I planned to replay Pokemon X to get charizard since I love the X version of his mega-evolution.
I'll try Tapunium Z on Tapu Fini. I used Nature's Madness multiple times and would like to test the Z-move associated with.

They already said the team was for singles, please stop with the doubles advice as it will confuse them.
I didn't mean to confuse them. I really think Tapu Lele is a good Scarf mon in Singles, while for Garchomp, the sets I gave were not meant for doubles (running a bulkier version there instead of 252/252).

If Garchomp with Earth-Z or protect (I can see not running protect there) is not good in singles, that's another way of saying the sets I gave weren't ok.

I'm sorry if I didn't specify, but the advices I gave were meant for singles (as I asked in the first place if it was singles or doubles).

Hi everyone! I am a beginner and looking for some constructive feedback. Have done a lot of research in various places, including this very thread, my present team / breeding efforts are a bit disjointed and looking for some advice to put it all together into a cohesive unit. I am interested in both singles and doubles, tried to make some notes below:

Tapu Lele
Item: Choice Scarf / Twisted Spoon
Nature: Timid
Psychic
Moonblast / Dazzling Gleam for doubles?
Hidden Power Fire (legit caught myself, only took a week!)
Calm Mind / Substitute / Taunt / Focus Blast / Thunderbolt?

Garchomp
Item: Undecided; Life Orb, Earthium Z, Firium Z, Rocky Helmet?
Nature: Jolly
EVs: Attack: 252 Speed: 252 HP: 4
Earthquake
Fire Fang / Rock Slide / Rock Tomb
Outrage
Swords Dance

Pheromosa
Item: Life Orb or Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
U-Turn
High Jump Kick
Ice Beam
Poison Jab

Mega Charizard Y
Nature: Modest
EVs: HP: 4 SpA: 252 Speed: 252
Flamethrower / Heat Wave
Solar Beam
Focus Blast
Roost

Toxapex
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Bold
EVs: HP: 252 Defense: 232 Speed: 24
Scald
Toxic
Recover
Haze

I don't have a solid sixth at this stage, in fact not so sure that each of the above belongs. I do have the following mons ready to mix into / replace with the above as based on your recommendations:

Mega Charizard X
Nature: Adamant
EVs: HP: 4 Atk: 252 Speed: 252
Flare Blitz / Flame Charge
Outrage / Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Roost

Excadrill
Item: Undecided
Ability: Mold Breaker
Earthquake
Smart Strike (could not get Iron Head)
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock

Dragonite
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Dragon Dance
Substitute
Roost
Fly
(found on Smogon, seems like a fun setup)

Ninetales
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: not trained yet
Moveset not determined, Hidden Power is Dragon

Rotom
Moveset not determined, Hidden Power is Dark

Tapu Koko
EVs: SpA / Spe
Moveset not determined, his Hidden Power is Grass

Nihilego
Moveset not determined, Hidden Power is Ice

Kartana
EVs: Atk / Spe
Moveset not determined, Hidden Power is Fire (!)

Sylveon
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: SpA/ Spe
Moveset not determined, has Wish and Baton Pass (no Hyper Voice), Hidden Power is Dragon

I am presently working towards breeding a quiet Honedge, was also looking into Metagross, Marowak-A, Mimikuyu and Weaville. Have not caught Celesteela, Guzzlord, Tapu Fini and Tapu Bulu yet, have loose plans for them as based on Smogon but not sure on where to fit.

I have also gathered that my EV training has left a few things to be desired due to the level 50 cap of Battle Spot, will be working to rectify.

Last edited:
I don't like naive Pheromosa as the speed boosts don't really help and the added speed of the nature doesn't really outspeed anything relevant anyway, so if you can use a Naughty one that would be best. I also really like Focus Sash instead of Life Orb here since you don't really have any answers for set up sweepers that get a few boosts under their belt, Sash lets you at least revenge them and if Psychic Terrain is active then you won't even get picked off at 1HP.

Charizard X is great in this meta, however Dragon Dance sets want Outrage over Dragon Claw. If you really want Dragon Claw for "reliability" or whatever then you can try a Swords Dance set with Flame Charge over Flare Blitz or Earthquake.

That Fini set looks fine but I personally prefer Z-Refresh over Taunt / Sitrus Berry. Taunt is cool on Fini but doesn't really work on the Calm Mind set. You shouldn't have 252 speed on a bold set though, through them in HP instead.

The team overall actually looks pretty good! You seem to have basically all the relevant threats covered, except maybe Mimikyu but that can be played around against (break its disguise then revenge KO with Tapu Lele for example). You've done a pretty good job for a beginner!
Thank you. I sadly don't have a Naughty Pheromosa. The only other one I have untrained as of now is a Rash one. Though I guess I could get one with a different nature with a friend's help....

Thankfully, I apparently bred Outrage on my Megazard X, so she can run that set you suggested now.

Alright, I'll change Taunt to Z-Refresh. Also... did I type 252 speed? I meant HP. She only has about 4 points in speed. Sorry about that.

But yeah, thank you for the advice. Hopefully I'll start doing a bit better. I still need to work on my pre-battle prediction a bit. But having a refined team will really help.

Edit: So, I want to build a secondary Battle Spot Singles team. Since I have a few Pokemon I really want to use. Basically.... I want to maybe use these two together on a team. What would some good partners be for them?

Mimikyu
Item: Life Orb/Ghostium-Z
Swords Dance
Shadow Claw
Play Rough
Shadow Sneak

Porygon2 (A Shiny I hatched through the Masuda Method.)
Item: Eviolite
EVs: HP: 252 Defense: 252 Special Defense: 4
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Recover

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi!
I have a team that starts with Pheromosa/scarf Lele/MixMence/Aegi, has someone of you any suggestions for some valid members in the last two slots?
The team is for Battle Spot Doubles.
Thank you!

Pheromosa@Focus Sash
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive nature
-High Jump Kick
-Ice Beam
-Taunt
-Protect

Tapu Lele@Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power Ground / Thunderbolt

Salamence@Salamencite
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

Aegislash@ Spectrium Z
Quiet Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow ball
- Wide guard
- King's Shield

I did this:

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Lonely Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Taunt

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Flame Charge

Long story short.
I started from Koko + Mega Mence combo.
Added Conkeldurr as status absorber and Fighting-type allows me to handle Porygon2, Mamoswine and a priority user is always good.
Aegislash stops annoying thing like Tapu Lele, Lucario (if it lacks Earthquake). Pheromosa is the revenge killer, allows me to punish that pokemon that wanna always boost theirself, also it outspeeds Mega Gyarados and Charizard even after a speed boost.
Charizard-Y is 'cause I always, always, have problem with Ferrothorn, i don't even remember who there was before.

Any tips? I lost many times, but i can understand what's the problem. (and i'm sure i do right plays... i think)

Pardon me for asking.... But, why Adamant on your Pheromosa? Why not Naughty nature instead? That way, your Ice Beams will be able to hit at their full power.

I mean, it's not like Pheromosa is gonna be taking many hits anyway.... So lowering its Special Defense isn't gonna hurt it much.

I did this:

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Lonely Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Taunt

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Flame Charge

Long story short.
I started from Koko + Mega Mence combo.
Added Conkeldurr as status absorber and Fighting-type allows me to handle Porygon2, Mamoswine and a priority user is always good.
Aegislash stops annoying thing like Tapu Lele, Lucario (if it lacks Earthquake). Pheromosa is the revenge killer, allows me to punish that pokemon that wanna always boost theirself, also it outspeeds Mega Gyarados and Charizard even after a speed boost.
Charizard-Y is 'cause I always, always, have problem with Ferrothorn, i don't even remember who there was before.

Any tips? I lost many times, but i can understand what's the problem. (and i'm sure i do right plays... i think)
We'll start our training from this, just pm me with 1 free day x week bro

edit: it's impressive how this team looks like mine. I really like the fact that we share the same battle style.

Pardon me for asking.... But, why Adamant on your Pheromosa?
My bad.
Sometimes can happen lol.

We'll start our training from this, just pm me with 1 free day x week bro

edit: it's impressive how this team looks like mine. I really like the fact that we share the same battle style.
My free days are saturday and sunday, or the evening if you are there.

Well, with this metagame i don't think teams can be really different. Lol

Hey guys. So mawilite and beedrillite were just released and for the next battle season. I wanted to go with a team based around mega mawile and alolan ninetales because with the auoura veil, Mega mawile will be able to take more hits and punch more wholes in teams. I just want a few suggestions on what goes well with this duo so it can help me team-build this team.

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 hp / 4 SpD
moves:
Play rough
Sucker Punch
Swords dance
Knock off / Fire fang / Ice punch /Thunder punch

Alolan ninetales @ light clay/focus sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe/ 4 Def or 252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 Def
moves:
Aurora veil
Blizzard
Moonblast / Freeze dry
Sheer cold / Hypnosis

Hm... you'll probably want one of the Tapus, just to get rid of Tapu Lele's Psychic Terrain. Since that could put a damper on using Sucker Punch.

Maybe Tapu Fini to prevent Mega Mawile from getting burned? Though the only issue is, that might make your team a bit too Fairy heavy.

I'm sure someone else here will have a better suggestion. I just figured I'd throw my 25 cents into this.

if you can breed for a Quiet nature it would be better obviously, but even with a Modest one i guess that drampa is slow enough to still work in Trick Room with it (opposing Drampas could become a problem though).

About the move set, i'd use Hyper Voice / Flamethrower / Draco Meteor and Protect, with a Life Orb as its Item.

As for the partners, you would obviously need a TR setter. A great one, that could make Drampa's Hyper Voice even more threatening is Oranguru with its move Instruct, that would make Hyper Voice hit twice. Then you can add the standard Torkoal / Tapu Bulu core and two mons that could give you options even outside the trick room.
For example Lilligant, helping your slow mons to hit faster with its super fast After You under the Sun, or hard hitting and fast pokemon such as Mega Salamence and Tapu Koko.
Thanks so much! I like the oranguru idea a lot!

Hi everyone! I am a beginner and looking for some constructive feedback. Have done a lot of research in various places, including this very thread, my present team / breeding efforts are a bit disjointed and looking for some advice to put it all together into a cohesive unit. I am interested in both singles and doubles, tried to make some notes below:

Tapu Lele
Item: Choice Scarf / Twisted Spoon
Psychic
Moonblast / Dazzling Gleam for doubles?
Hidden Power Fire (legit caught myself, only took a week!)
Calm Mind / Substitute / Taunt / Focus Blast / Thunderbolt?

Garchomp
Item: Undecided; Life Orb, Earthium Z, Firium Z, Rocky Helmet?
Earthquake
Fire Fang / Rock Slide / Rock Tomb
Outrage
Swords Dance

Pheromosa
Item: Life Orb or Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
U-Turn
High Jump Kick
Ice Beam
Poison Jab

Mega Charizard Y
EVs: HP: 4 SpA: 252 Speed: 252
Flamethrower / Heat Wave
Solar Beam
Focus Blast
Roost

Toxapex
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Bold
EVs: HP: 252 Defense: 232 Speed: 24
Scald
Toxic
Recover
Haze

I don't have a solid sixth at this stage, in fact not so sure that each of the above belongs. I do have the following mons ready to mix into / replace with the above as based on your recommendations:

Mega Charizard X
Flare Blitz / Flame Charge
Outrage / Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Roost

Excadrill
Ability: Mold Breaker
Earthquake
Smart Strike (could not get Iron Head)
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock

Dragonite
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Dragon Dance
Substitute
Roost
Fly
(found on Smogon, seems like a fun setup)

Ninetales
Ability: Snow Warning
Moveset not determined, Hidden Power is Dragon

Rotom
Moveset not determined, Hidden Power is Dark

Tapu Koko
EVs: SpA / Spe
Moveset not determined, his Hidden Power is Grass

Nihilego
Moveset not determined, Hidden Power is Ice

Kartana
EVs: Atk / Spe
Moveset not determined, Hidden Power is Fire (!)

Sylveon
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: SpA/ Spe
Moveset not determined, has Wish and Baton Pass (no Hyper Voice), Hidden Power is Dragon

I am presently working towards breeding a quiet Honedge, was also looking into Metagross, Marowak-A, Mimikuyu and Weaville. Have not caught Celesteela, Guzzlord, Tapu Fini and Tapu Bulu yet, have loose plans for them as based on Smogon but not sure on where to fit.

I have also gathered that my EV training has left a few things to be desired due to the level 50 cap of Battle Spot, will be working to rectify.
Hey all, just wanted to reiterate my request for help here... :)

Hm... while I don't really know much about this sort of thing.

Naughty Pheromosa on Battle Spot is a bit better than Naive. Unless you're dealing with an enemy Pheromosa, thanks to the speed tie.

As Can't Say told me, in this meta, Naive makes you lose power. While the speed increase doesn't really help all too much against some major threats. It does in OU however.

Although, there is ONE thing I sorta wonder.... Does Naughty outspeed a Timid Mega Alakazam, or Mega Beedrill? That's the main reason I could see running Naive, if it doesn't. That or getting passed Scarfers after a Beast Boost.

Tapu Lele is a good choice for this team. Since both Pheromosa, and Garchomp hate priority. (Especially Garchomp, thanks to Ice Shard being a thing.)

Maybe run Rocky Helm for your Garchomp? Just in case you run into Mega Kangaskhan. The chip damage from both Rocky Helm, and Rough Skin will do a number on her. Though watch out for Earthquake.

It looks like Toxapex is a pretty good choice for taking on enemy stall teams. Thanks to Toxic. And it might be a decent check to Blaziken.

Now, where you might want an expert's help, is with the last Pokemon. I'm not completely sure what your last slot should have. I WOULD say a defogger, or Rapid Spinner. But Stealth Rocks aren't quite as common in this meta. Still, it could still put a serious damper on your Megazard Y.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
never use rapid spin or defog in battle spot. even if hazards were common (which they aren't), the momentum lost from spending a turn removing them will pretty much always hand your opponent the game. 3v3 is too fast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)