BSS Teambuilding & Help Thread (SuMo Edition Reloaded 2.0)

never use rapid spin or defog in battle spot. even if hazards were common (which they aren't), the momentum lost from spending a turn removing them will pretty much always hand your opponent the game. 3v3 is too fast
Ah, thanks for the heads up there. I wasn't sure if hazard removal was needed in Battle Spot Singles or not.

It does make sense though, since most matches (outside of stall) take around 8 turns. So, losing momentum for even a turn could cost you the whole game.

Is the FastSub Suicune build viable in this generation? Used it a lot on ORAS and wanted to try it here too if it still can be put to use. Any thoughts on that are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Okay.... Since my edit might not have been seen. I kind of want an opinion on something. I want to make a second Battle Spot Singles team.

Two Pokemon I really want to use are, Mimikyu (since it's my favorite Gen VII Pokemon), and Porygon2 (a Shiny I managed to Masuda Method.)

Here's their builds.

Mimikyu.
Item: Either Life Orb, or Ghostium-Z.
Nature: Jolly.
EVs: HP: 4 Attack: 252 Speed: 252
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Play Rough
Shadow Claw

Porygon2.
Item: Eviolite.
Nature: Bold.
EVs: HP 252 Defense: 252 Special Defense: 4
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam
Toxic
Recover

I'm just wondering.... What would be some good teammates for them? I'm open to suggestions, and feedback about these two choices. (I briefly thought about using something like Sticky Webs Focus Sash Galvantula.... But eh, it's just not a very good Pokemon sadly. Even though I kinda like it appearance wise... which is funny, since spiders scare me for real.)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay.... Since my edit might not have been seen. I kind of want an opinion on something. I want to make a second Battle Spot Singles team.

Two Pokemon I really want to use are, Mimikyu (since it's my favorite Gen VII Pokemon), and Porygon2 (a Shiny I managed to Masuda Method.)

Here's their builds.

Mimikyu.
Item: Either Life Orb, or Ghostium-Z.
Nature: Jolly.
EVs: HP: 4 Attack: 252 Speed: 252
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Play Rough
Shadow Claw

Porygon2.
Item: Eviolite.
Nature: Bold.
EVs: HP 252 Defense: 252 Special Defense: 4
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam
Toxic
Recover

I'm just wondering.... What would be some good teammates for them? I'm open to suggestions, and feedback about these two choices. (I briefly thought about using something like Sticky Webs Focus Sash Galvantula.... But eh, it's just not a very good Pokemon sadly. Even though I kinda like it appearance wise... which is funny, since spiders scare me for real.)
They're two standard mons that work well together, so using standard teammates with them works very well. Things like Garchomp, Mega Salamence, Tapu Lele, Charizard (X or Y), and Gyarados all go with those two. Why are you using 252 def/spd on p2 though? 252 HP / 252 Def is only slightly less specially bulky but is way more physically bulky

They're two standard mons that work well together, so using standard teammates with them works very well. Things like Garchomp, Mega Salamence, Tapu Lele, Charizard (X or Y), and Gyarados all go with those two. Why are you using 252 def/spd on p2 though? 252 HP / 252 Def is only slightly less specially bulky but is way more physically bulky
Hm... So, what build would you suggest for Megamence, or Megazard Y? I have a Jolly Megamence with 252 Attack, and Speed. But I have a feeling that's not the optimal build. (It was originally bred for Battle Tree grinding.)

And a Megazard Y with Timid Nature, with Fire Blast, Solar Beam, Focus Blast, and Roost.

I don't know if I'll use Lele, since that can mess with Shadow Sneak on Mimikyu.

I might breed another Garchomp, one with maybe Rocky Helm in mind.

Oh, my bad. I guess I'm using the wrong formatting for my EV spreads.

It's supposed to say I have 252 HP, 252 Physical Defense, and 4 Special Defense on my Porygon2.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hm... So, what build would you suggest for Megamence, or Megazard Y? I have a Jolly Megamence with 252 Attack, and Speed. But I have a feeling that's not the optimal build. (It was originally bred for Battle Tree grinding.)

And a Megazard Y with Timid Nature, with Fire Blast, Solar Beam, Focus Blast, and Roost.

I don't know if I'll use Lele, since that can mess with Shadow Sneak on Mimikyu.

I might breed another Garchomp, one with maybe Rocky Helm in mind.

Oh, my bad. I guess I'm using the wrong formatting for my EV spreads.

It's supposed to say I have 252 HP, 252 Physical Defense, and 4 Special Defense on my Porygon2.
Jolly Mega Mence is fine, Adamant is better but if you can't be bothered rebreeding it'll do for now. Just simply use Double-Edge, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, and Roost/Substitute.

Roost on Charizard Y kinda sucks. If it has Hidden Power Ice you should use that, otherwise use Flame Charge / Earthquake.

You don't have to choose both Mimikyu and Lele together, Lele mostly likes having Porygon2 for a bulky switching to threats. Mimikyu and Lele have very high usage together though according to the stats.

Rocky Helmet Garchomp is not great, a lot of newer players try using it because of the obvious Rough Skin + Helmet combo but Garchomp is just better off using a Sash / Scarf or something. If you want a defensive Rocky Helmet Ground-type use Landorus-T

oh lol sorry, I'm used to reading the number first then the stat, so I missed the HP completely...

Jolly Mega Mence is fine, Adamant is better but if you can't be bothered rebreeding it'll do for now. Just simply use Double-Edge, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, and Roost/Substitute.

Roost on Charizard Y kinda sucks. If it has Hidden Power Ice you should use that, otherwise use Flame Charge / Earthquake.

You don't have to choose both Mimikyu and Lele together, Lele mostly likes having Porygon2 for a bulky switching to threats. Mimikyu and Lele have very high usage together though according to the stats.

Rocky Helmet Garchomp is not great, a lot of newer players try using it because of the obvious Rough Skin + Helmet combo but Garchomp is just better off using a Sash / Scarf or something. If you want a defensive Rocky Helmet Ground-type use Landorus-T

oh lol sorry, I'm used to reading the number first then the stat, so I missed the HP completely...
Ah, so all I'd have to replace in this case is Dragon Claw? Alright then, I'll try Roost. (Or maybe even sub, since that would prevent burns, and could help tank a hit from Blaziken or something.)

Hm.... I sadly don't have Hidden Power Ice on my Megazard Y. So Earthquake will work okay, even with Timid Nature? I might have to try that then. It was made with OU in mind originally. But again, I'm kind of juggling the formats now. OU with friends, and Battle Spot against everyone else.

Ah, alright then. I might have to get another Lele at some point. Maybe one with Timid Nature. (Or perhaps I could just use the Choice Specs Modest one I have now.)

I'll probably breed another Garchomp at some point. Since my Shiny one was made more with X/Y OU in mind. (She still seems pretty helpful with Fire Blast. But having another one couldn't hurt for some variety.) Jolly is the preferred Nature for the Sash variant, right?

And eh, it's fine. I'm still not used to using this site's formatting with move sets.

Oh, so what are some good counters to Focus Sash Mamoswine, and Blaziken? It feels like when I run into these two, I more often than not end up losing....

Last edited:
Hi!
I have a team that starts with Pheromosa/scarf Lele/MixMence/Aegi, has someone of you any suggestions for some valid members in the last two slots?
The team is for Battle Spot Doubles.
Thank you!

Pheromosa@Focus Sash
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive nature
-High Jump Kick
-Ice Beam
-Taunt
-Protect

Tapu Lele@Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power Ground / Thunderbolt

Salamence@Salamencite
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

Aegislash@ Spectrium Z
Quiet Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow ball
- Wide guard
- King's Shield
Just bumping :)

Just bumping :)
Garchomp and Tapu Fini should work in your team, try this sets:

@ Groundium-Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
- Sword Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Protect / Stone Edge / Rock Slide

@ Misty Seed / Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 156 HP / 144 Def / 204 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water / Hydro Pump
- Protect / Nature Madness

Garchomp and Tapu Fini should work in your team, try this sets:

@ Groundium-Z
Jolly Nature
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
- Sword Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Protect / Stone Edge / Rock Slide

@ Misty Seed / Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 156 HP / 144 Def / 204 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water / Hydro Pump
- Protect / Nature Madness
Thank you for your help. Wouldn't I be a bit weak to bulky waters tho?
Thanks anyway :D

Thank you for your help. Wouldn't I be a bit weak to bulky waters tho?
Thanks anyway :D
good point, that's true... Let's see.
Maybe we can switch my Fini suggestion with a Magnezone, so you'd have a way to hit bulky water, complete the dragon/steel/fairy core and also be able to use Discharge when Chomp is in.

@ Choice Specs / Electrium-Z / Air Balloon
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 92 HP / 4 Def / 156 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Discharge / Hidden Power Ice / Thunder
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon / Hidden Power Ice / Mirror Coat
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire / Mirror Coat / Protect

EVs are to outspeed Pheromosa when Tailwind is up, to hit hard and have a little bulk.

Edit: you'd be a little weak to Earthquake spam with this tho, even if your hyper offensive team should work to check most Eq users, sand could give you problems.

Last edited:
good point, that's true... Let's see.
Maybe we can switch my Fini suggestion with a Magnezone, so you'd have a way to hit bulky water, complete the dragon/steel/fairy core and also be able to use Discharge when Chomp is in.

@ Choice Specs / Electrium-Z / Air Balloon
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 92 HP / 4 Def / 156 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Discharge / Hidden Power Ice / Thunder
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon / Hidden Power Ice / Mirror Coat
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire / Mirror Coat / Protect

EVs are to outspeed Pheromosa when Tailwind is up, to hit hard and have a little bulk.

Edit: you'd be a little weak to Earthquake spam with this tho, even if your hyper offensive team should work to check most Eq users, sand could give you problems.
Not a bad idea, I will try zone.
I could test also Koko, just for having another fast attacker that can Taunt against TR users.

Okay, so I feel like I'm getting somewhere with my second team.... But, I feel like something might be missing.

Mimikyu
Nature: Jolly
Item: Ghostium-Z
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP.
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Play Rough
Shadow Claw

Porygon2
Nature: Bold
Ability: Trace
Item: Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef.
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Recover

Tapu Lele
Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 SpDef.
Focus Blast
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Moonblast

Charizard
Nature: Timid
Ability: Blaze
Item: Charizardite Y
Fire Blast
Solar Beam
Focus Blast
Earthquake

Garchomp
Nature: Naive
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpAtk.
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Outrage

Salamence
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Salamencite
Earthquake
Roost
Double-Edge
Dragon Dance

Now, as for Pokemon from my previous team.... I'm open to suggestions on what to replace here.

I still have my Naughty Focus Sash Pheromosa, Dragon Dance Megazard X, Celesteela, and Tapu Fini.

Would any of these fit my team better than anything I have here now? Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me out. I appreciate it greatly.

Okay, so I feel like I'm getting somewhere with my second team.... But, I feel like something might be missing.

Mimikyu
Nature: Jolly
Item: Ghostium-Z
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Play Rough
Shadow Claw

Porygon2
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Recover

Tapu Lele
Focus Blast
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Moonblast

Charizard
Ability: Blaze
Item: Charizardite Y
Fire Blast
Solar Beam
Focus Blast
Earthquake

Garchomp
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Outrage

Salamence
Earthquake
Roost
Double-Edge
Dragon Dance

Now, as for Pokemon from my previous team.... I'm open to suggestions on what to replace here.

I still have my Naughty Focus Sash Pheromosa, Dragon Dance Megazard X, Celesteela, and Tapu Fini.

Would any of these fit my team better than anything I have here now? Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me out. I appreciate it greatly.
The team looks good but i feel like it's more suitable for Mega Kangaskhan instead of Mega Salamence. You should try to replace it and see if it works better. I'm also seeing that you already have some mons ready, and i like those last three a lot, since they all can fit in the team. Imo switch CharY for that DD CharizardX and p2 with Celesteela, making it your dragon check. Last thing, i'd put a Choice Scarf on Lele to make it work as a fast damage dealer for everything that would threaten your two mega (dragons / fighting-types/ etc...), giving Chomp a Focus Sash.

The team looks good but i feel like it's more suitable for Mega Kangaskhan instead of Mega Salamence. You should try to replace it and see if it works better. I'm also seeing that you already have some mons ready, and i like those last three a lot, since they all can fit in the team. Imo switch CharY for that DD CharizardX and p2 with Celesteela, making it your dragon check. Last thing, i'd put a Choice Scarf on Lele to make it work as a fast damage dealer for everything that would threaten your two mega (dragons / fighting-types/ etc...), giving Chomp a Focus Sash.
Oh, I forgot to mention. I really want to try and use Megamence, and Porygon2. Since those were Shinies I bred. But, I could consider using that composition for another team instead. (Though I'll need to breed a Megakhan in X/Y, or ORAS for Powerup Punch.)

Also. Should Naive Garchomp really use the Sash? I mean, it might work. But I've had it as my Choice Scarfer since X/Y. She was pretty much bred for that.

And, does Modest Scarf Lele outspeed things like Pheromosa?

_Data_Drain_ No, you need a Timid Lele to outspeed Pheromosa. My suggestion of using a scarf was because you have a DD sweeper. Having a strong scarfer such as Lele means that you'd have a much easier end-game, and easier life for your Mega Salamence.

Naive chomp is still fine with a Focus Sash, but if you can get Jolly obviously it would be better. If you want to keep scarf on it, you could maybe add a more defensive set on Lele, giving it Taunt to threaten those setup sweepers/stealth rock setters easily (since your megas are both weak to it)

In the end, if you don't want to switch out Mega Salamence and p2, you should add a steel-type. Your Celesteela should work.
Anyway the team like this looks a lot weak to bulky water, especially to Fini. So maybe we can give up on Mimikyu or on Lele and add a Tapu Koko or aRotom-Wash.

Last edited:
_Data_Drain_ No, you need a Timid Lele to outspeed Pheromosa. My suggestion of using a scarf was because you have a DD sweeper. Having a strong scarfer such as Lele means that you'd have a much easier end-game, and easier life for your Mega Salamence.

Naive chomp is still fine with a Focus Sash, but if you can get Jolly obviously it would be better. If you want to keep scarf on it, you could maybe add a more defensive set on Lele, giving it Taunt to threaten those setup sweepers/stealth rock setters easily (since your megas are both weak to it)

In the end, if you don't want to switch out Mega Salamence and p2, you should add a steel-type. Your Celesteela should work.
Anyway the team like this looks a lot weak to bulky water, especially to Fini. So maybe we can give up on Mimikyu and add a Tapu Koko or even better a Rotom-Wash.
Hm.... So, what item would a more defensive Lele have? Celesteela is holding Leftovers. So it can't exactly use that. Perhaps some sort of berry would work?

Also, I need to figure out what to swap out for Celesteela. Since I feel like replacing any of these could prove tricky. Mimikyu can help me stop more gimmicky normal type moves. Like those troll Arons with Endeavor. (Though perhaps that set isn't anything to worry about in higher ranking battles.) Garchomp helps me beat things like Pheromosa, and Mega Beedrill.

As for Rotom Wash.... What would be a good move set on it? Besides Volt Switch and Thunderbolt. I'm thinking Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical sweepers. And Hydro Pump maybe? What about the Nature though?

Although, until I breed a Rotom Wash, I could try Tapu Koko out. Maybe even use him as my Taunt user? Since he could outspeed most setup sweepers.

Last edited:
Hm.... So, what item would a more defensive Lele have? Celesteela is holding Leftovers. So it can't exactly use that. Perhaps some sort of berry would work?

Also, I need to figure out what to swap out for Celesteela. Since I feel like replacing any of these could prove tricky. Mimikyu can help me stop more gimmicky normal type moves. Like those troll Arons with Endeavor. (Though perhaps that set isn't anything to worry about in higher ranking battles.) Garchomp helps me beat things like Pheromosa, and Mega Beedrill.
i don't think you need to worry about Endeavor Aron, imo you should switch out Mimikyu that is kinda redundand with Lele as your Fairy-type, or Lele itself.

As for Rotom Wash.... What would be a good move set on it? Besides Volt Switch and Thunderbolt. I'm thinking Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical sweepers. And Hydro Pump maybe? What about the Nature though?
@ Sitrus Berry / Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 148 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice / Rest / Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Bulky Rotom-W. Outspeeds max speed Celesteela.

Although, until I breed a Rotom Wash, I could try Tapu Koko out. Maybe even use him as my Taunt user? Since he could outspeed most setup sweepers.
Yeah, definitely.

Last edited:
Okay, so something like this?

Celesteela
Nature: Sassy
Item: Leftovers
EVs: Honestly... I don't 100% remember, since there's no way to check in this game. I got the EVs from early on in the meta game. Well, the HP is the highest, nearing the max. Then Special Defense, then physical defense.
Protect
Leech Seed
Flamethrower
Heavy Slam

Porygon2
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Recover

Tapu Lele
Focus Blast
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Moonblast

Tapu Koko (Might replace with Rotom Wash like you suggested.)
Item: Electrium-Z, or Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 Def.
Hidden Power Ice
Thunderbolt
Grassknot
Taunt

Garchomp
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Outrage

Salamence
Earthquake
Roost
Double-Edge
Dragon Dance

Pretty new to the SuMo competitive scene here, played a lot of NetBattle back in the third gen, played some fourth gen, and a bit of Battle Spot Singles last gen. I need suggestions on a sixth member of this team:

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
IVs: 31/x/25-26/31/31/31
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Abiility: Intimidate -> Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Aegislash (F) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/10-13
Quiet Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
IVs: 31/28/31/HT/31/HT
Modest Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Psychic
- Moon Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Current sixth member:

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Ice Beam
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Recover

This is my old P2 from XYORAS which I've banked over. I feel like I miss Thunderbolt/Discharge a lot, but then again - Foul Play is very useful against M-Khan in this gen as well. I might breed for another P2 just to have one with Thunderbolt or Discharge and keep my move tutor move as well.

But before I make the effort to re-breed and find someone to help me evolve another P2, is there anything that would be better suited in that slot? He is on the team basically to act as a check to stuff like M-Khan (though Double-Edge hurts like hell) and M-Mence.

Hi all, wondering if you can help me iron out the kinks in my team:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 hp / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Flame Charge
- Bonemerang

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Looking for ideas for a team for battlespot singles, ideally something with Gen 7 Pokemon and competitive.

Here's what i used for Gen 6

Singles XY:

Greninja@Life Orb

Ability: Protean

EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Grass Knot

Charizard@Charizardite Y

Ability: Solar Power

EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe

Modest Nature

- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Gengar@Focus Sash

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

Scizor@Lum Berry

Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

Adamant Nature

- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Garchomp@Choice Scarf

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Azumarill@Assault Vest

Ability: Huge Power

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Hp

Adamant Nature

- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Waterfall
ORAS Doubles:

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD

Calm Nature

- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Psyshock
- Light Screen

---

Heatran @ Life Orb

Ability: Flash Fire

Modest Nature

- Heat Wave

- Earth Power

- Flash Cannon

- Protect

---

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest

Ability: Guts

EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

---

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 106 SpA / 150 SpD

Calm Nature

- Will-O-Wisp

- Electroweb

- Hydro Pump

- Protect

---

Venusaur @ Venusaurite

Ability: Chlorophyll

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def

Modest Nature

- Sludge Bomb

- Giga Drain

- Leech Seed

- Protect

---

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf

Modest Nature

- Draco Meteor

- Heat Wave

- U-Turn

- Dark Pulse
I like Tapu Lele, Kartana and Toxapex so a team with those would be nice. Any tips? What's popular these days? I hear Salamence is good so i've been breeding for one.

Hi guys! I want to start playing BSS with a Mega-Lucario & Greninja based team but I need some advice on what to pick D:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Hi guys! I want to start playing BSS with a Mega-Lucario & Greninja based team but I need some advice on what to pick D:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
Welcome dude :] Let's see

A standard partner for Lucario is Dragonite, and with those two Hippowdon completes that well known core. This because Lucario and Dnite covers each other weakness pretty well, while Hippowdon would help both with Rocks support and Yawn support, aiming for setup opportunities. With Hippowdon as your supporter and Ground-type and Greninja being able to clean most of its check you could add a secondary core with Mega Charizard Y. As for the last slot, i'd add sometimes like a Fairy-type or maybe a Chlorophyl Venusaur with a Poisonium Z.

I'll give you some samples for my suggestions:

@ Lum Berry / Dragonium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch / Extremespeed / Fire Punch / Filler attack

This set outspeeds base 130 after a DD.

@ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Whirlwind / Rock Tomb

standard SpDef Hippo. You can also use a Defensive one with Rocky Helmet and Ice Fang in the last slot as an option.
@ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower / Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Focus Blast
- Focus Blast / Flame Charge

standard CharY.

Venusaur @ Poisonium Z / Choice Specs / Life Orb (if removing it from Greninja)
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 12 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Earthquake / Growth / Substitute / Leech Seed

A couple of minor things: i'd add Sword Dance on Lucario, over Iron Tail or Nasty Plot making it full SpA oriented. Also raise Greninja's atk to 20 to ensure the 2hko on max defense Tapu Fini with Gunk Shot (lower the SpA to 236) and change its nature to Naive.

Last edited:
Hey guys, it's been a while since I last wrote here. Today I'm looking for some advice on some Pokemons I'd like to play in Battle Spot Singles ladder (on cartridge).

So here are the Pokemons I want to use:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Scald
-Roar

Blaziken @ Firium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
-Flare Blitz
-Superpower
-Swords Dance
-Protect

Having seen how much SR was used on ladder (both from Swampert and Garchomp) and how my previous team was destroyed by it (Sash users, flyers, etc), I really wanted to abuse it too.
So Swampert was my first pick here, and he acts as a SR-setter Lead and eventually it can stop setups with Roar, or fish for burns with Scald. Other than that, he's my physical wall.

Reading on the net (and smogon dex), I thought Blaziken could be a good choice as an attacker here, thanks to Protect+Speed Boost and Swords Dance. Thanks to SR damage, Blaziken can sweep easily in the lategame. Other than that, his Mega Stone will be available after the next Online Competition, so I would like to find a team where M-Blaziken can fit well.
I gave him Firium Z as a strong attack to kill bulkier Pokemons, but with this EV spread it can't tank hits well enough. I saw somewhere an EV Spread with some def/spdef investment (and lesser speed), but can't find it anywhere.

I would like to keep that core, and build on it. At first I tried with M-Venusaur (to complete Water-Grass-Fire core), Aegislash+Hydreigon and Tapu Koko, but it didn't end up well: M-Venusaur is another Physical wall (as Swampert), while Aegi+Hydreigon were pretty okay in the matches I played them. Aegislash had a WP while Hydreigon LO. Tapu Koko was used as a sort of terrain control, but it looks like the Tapus aren't played in BSS as much as in other formats, so I think it's not necessary.

Any ideas on which pokemons could fit here well? I thought of M-Salamence and Aegislash for now, the first as another physical attacker (and mega), and the second one as a special attacker or wall (WP+ShadowBall/SacredSword/ShadowSneak set or SubToxic+Leftovers set, changing Swampert's item obviously).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)